Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Virus, DeeLanders and looking after each other

frankie_d

42 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Well played LN, I'm happy to throw in a few expletives just to get the crowd on the edge.

Unfortunately I will be signing out of here for a while now while footy is off limits. I have too much going on in my personal life that's taking a real toll on me, and i need to now focus on my young family and extended who are battling right at this minute. 

Let's all try and be kind to each other, the world is in pain right now and we need to do the right thing and take care of our love ones. 

To many who I have had heated exchange over the journey, i do apologise, especially you @Satyriconhome you crazy old ba stard ? don't take it personally, we're all passionate about the greatest team ever.

Much love demonland family, see you all when the footy starts! 

Take care 'dazzle', it's a tough time that's for sure.

You're a valued member of this community and I look forward to some of your insight and opinions again in the near future.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Well played LN, I'm happy to throw in a few expletives just to get the crowd on the edge.

Unfortunately I will be signing out of here for a while now while footy is off limits. I have too much going on in my personal life that's taking a real toll on me, and i need to now focus on my young family and extended who are battling right at this minute. 

Let's all try and be kind to each other, the world is in pain right now and we need to do the right thing and take care of our love ones. 

To many who I have had heated exchange over the journey, i do apologise, especially you @Satyriconhome you crazy old ba stard ? don't take it personally, we're all passionate about the greatest team ever.

Much love demonland family, see you all when the footy starts! 

Take extra special care Dazzleman!

Cheers

PF

At the least words of encouragement can go a long way to helping all in need. You can see the rally on this fantastic thread already. Best wishes to everyone on here and their families. 

• Like 1

10 days ago I got married and it was the best day of my life. Today my husband and I were making decisions on if, and how, we can keep our business going and our employees (and ourselves) in work. 

It has been a truly awful few days and sadly I think things are going to get much worse before they get better.

To have lost the escapism of footy on top of it all is just a final kick in the guts. 
I hope everyone here is doing the right thing, distancing as much as possible, staying safe, looking after themselves and their families. 
When this week is over and there is no footy on, do something for yourself. Go sit under a tree. Read. Drink. Have a bath. Do anything that for a minute makes you remember what it’s like to live in a normal world. 

This too shall pass and hopefully the world comes out of this having learnt a lot and made some serious changes to way we all live. At least our environment is finally benefiting for all of us sitting indoors for a bit. This is mother nature’s holiday. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Pretty confident we ozzies will get thru this, we don’t mind sticking together when it comes too community and helping one another in tough times, stay strong and well all? Our woes (for too long), as a footy team are pretty insignificant ?

• Love 1

Great thread and thanks to those who have shared a little of their personal stories through this unprecedented time. I’ve had a lot of time at home over the last two weeks. No, I don’t have corona, but I am a school teacher and our school did have a parent test positive, hence the shutdown. I feel fortunate to be in a line of work that is relatively protected from what is going on. We have had to make huge adjustments to our pedagogy and systems we use to deliver content, but that’s insignificant when I read the hardships of others. Demonland is a part of my daily life. Between classes I log on to post and read. As others have said, I don’t know any of you personally, but this is a community and one that I feel a sense of connection to, more than ever before. I know there are many on here like me that have footy as a enduring constant in their life. It’s part of the weekly routine. The highs and lows. The memories of 87. The visual that is conjured when you hear the phrase “Still Woewodin, Still Woewodin”. Footy is a massive part of our life and it’s gonna leave a massive void. I worry for the future of our club and wonder if we will ever go to a game at the G again. Sit near the same people we have seen alongside us for years. Urgh... it’s depressing. 

This is bigger than footy and so many people are in uncharted waters right now. I’ve had friends lose small businesses over night. Mates laid off. Friends cancel weddings. Footy, in comparison, seems insignificant. But, the reality is, we all love our club and what footy brings us, even when it is shyt. Demonland is a great community and I know we will all support one another through this mess.

Please stay safe, healthy and talk up if you are feeling down or alone. We will get this through this. 

Edited by Leoncelli_36
  • Like 12
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Skuit said:

I had started a very similar thread the other day. And then didn't hit send for whatever reason. 

I'm not okay right now. A million difficult things are all converging at once.

So please ignore any bizarre posts or tetchy responses etc. I will be okay though. 

And I'm all ears for whoever wants to chat. Probably better at dealing with other peoples issues than my own. 

It at least provides a distraction. But I will also be open and frank in regards to myself. 

For better or worse, this is the community I'm probably most actively involved with. 

Best wishes to everyone,

Ronnie. 

There’s always a sympathetic ear here Skuit. When times are tough it’s good to get things off your chest, even if the listener can’t necessarily provide useful solutions. Please take care.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Hang in there Landers

Hope my Flight from Bangkok gets me home tomorrow night. 

may the plane be half full so we can all stretch out!! Although the 787’s do have an excellent filtration system on board

safe travels 'SWYL'...

7 minutes ago, rjay said:

safe travels 'SWYL'...

Thanks mate. I just got an email that said “The last Flight ✈️ out to Melbourne until further notice”

Everything is seriously shutting down now. 
Strange days indeed....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Hang in there Landers

may the plane be half full so we can all stretch out!! Although the 787’s do have an excellent filtration system on board

We prob on same flight SWYL

10 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Hang in there Landers

Good luck mate. Those Dreamliners are something else, best planes going round.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Hang in there Landers

I was reading up on that before I flew out to Taiwan.  Apparently most modern jet liners get 50% of their air from outside the cabin and the other 50% is cycled through the same filters that are used by operating theatres. The only real danger is if you are seated in too close proximity to an infected person; so hopefully the airline counter staff are seating passengers taking into account the "social distancing" guidelines.  Safe travels!

How bout some Iso strategies?

Ours include:

1) Break out the games. With my family, that includes pumping up the footy, putting up the billiard and table tennis tables and getting out the frisbee (we live right in the bush, so plenty of room at our own place).

2) Youngest daughter started up an online Iso-garden group with her friends: figure we'll be needing fresh vegies pretty soon. 

3) Starting a family bird-watching and plant ID journal.

Any other ideas welcome. Hopefully we'll still be sane when this thing wears itself out.

2 hours ago, hardtack said:

I was reading up on that before I flew out to Taiwan.  Apparently most modern jet liners get 50% of their air from outside the cabin and the other 50% is cycled through the same filters that are used by operating theatres. The only real danger is if you are seated in too close proximity to an infected person; so hopefully the airline counter staff are seating passengers taking into account the "social distancing" guidelines.  Safe travels!

Yes the 787 is probably the best plane to fly in under these conditions. 
I have done the same reading. They are a fantastic plane

Last ride for a while though...

I doubt we will be able to fly again for at least 6 months

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jara said:

How bout some Iso strategies?

Ours include:

1) Break out the games. With my family, that includes pumping up the footy, putting up the billiard and table tennis tables and getting out the frisbee (we live right in the bush, so plenty of room at our own place).

2) Youngest daughter started up an online Iso-garden group with her friends: figure we'll be needing fresh vegies pretty soon. 

3) Starting a family bird-watching and plant ID journal.

Any other ideas welcome. Hopefully we'll still be sane when this thing wears itself out.

Board Games are back

waddington’s Formula 1 ? 

On 3/22/2020 at 10:59 PM, Unleash Hell said:

The virus will disappear if we sack Goodwin now

You too? Common concept during and after the game. Take OMac, Spargo and the Weed with him to some far away place otherwise known as Fantasy-land, 

• Love 1

At Woolies this morning, I asked the manager if he had any toilet paper. “NO!” he yelled at me, in front of the whole check-out queue. They all kept staring at me.

I am telling you, that walk back down Aisle 5 to the loos, with my pants around my ankles, was the most humiliating walk of my life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

17 hours ago, Flemo56 said:

Pretty confident we ozzies will get thru this, we don’t mind sticking together when it comes too community and helping one another in tough times, stay strong and well all? Our woes (for too long), as a footy team are pretty insignificant ?

Fully agreed, but sometimes I wonder about some Aussies' behaviour and focus. Yesterday, I was looking for particular fruit in the supermarket but there was none to be had. So, homeward bound, I went to another supermarket to see if they had the fruit. No luck. Finally, I went past home, to another supermarket and found the fresh cantaloupe (only 1 taken, of course) that I sought, and then espied something very, very disappointing.

Four women got out of an SUV - the same women in I saw in the first supermarket clearing the shelves with every item they could; I saw them again in the second supermarket, clearing the shelves yet again for the same item. Lo and behold, these women were up to the same process in the third supermarket, with absolutely hundreds of dollars of stockpiled items in the back of the SUV - perhaps thousands of dollars worth. One of them called to another, '...see you on the bus tomorrow'. Overhearing the explanation to one of the ladies, there is apparently a bus booked for 20 women to travel to 12 dispersed locations to 'do the supermarkets' to increase their hordes.

Shocking, heh?

11 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Fully agreed, but sometimes I wonder about some Aussies' behaviour and focus. Yesterday, I was looking for particular fruit in the supermarket but there was none to be had. So, homeward bound, I went to another supermarket to see if they had the fruit. No luck. Finally, I went past home, to another supermarket and found the fresh cantaloupe (only 1 taken, of course) that I sought, and then espied something very, very disappointing.

Four women got out of an SUV - the same women in I saw in the first supermarket clearing the shelves with every item they could; I saw them again in the second supermarket, clearing the shelves yet again for the same item. Lo and behold, these women were up to the same process in the third supermarket, with absolutely hundreds of dollars of stockpiled items in the back of the SUV - perhaps thousands of dollars worth. One of them called to another, '...see you on the bus tomorrow'. Overhearing the explanation to one of the ladies, there is apparently a bus booked for 20 women to travel to 12 dispersed locations to 'do the supermarkets' to increase their hordes.

Shocking, heh?

photos please? did you get the rego?

name and shame time

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Shocking, heh?

$1,000,000 says that didn't happen. I mean come on, you happened to run into the same 4 people at 3 separate supermarkets? Wouldn't it have taken them a while to empty the shelves, then make it through the checkouts (which as we all know takes forever), while you walked in and out empty handed? 

If you're going to make up a blatant lie, at least make it believable. 

Edit: sorry Deemania, that came across harsher than I meant - I have a special hatred for online disinformation, of which this reeks. 

Edited by Accepting Mediocrity
  • Like 4