Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Time the fence sitters committed to this club

pitmaster

I just renewed my overseas membership then, obviously my situation means that virus or not it makes no difference to me. I've got to gold level membership thanks to consecutive years of being a member, I really do think the club has the makings of being up there this year and next year so I want to makes sure that if I were to come back I would get those benefits in finals.

As for everybody else, I totally understand the difficult decisions people have to make with managing funds. Not everybody has the income at their disposal to pay for a membership and it's quite often combined with the idea that going to home matches balances out the ledger. 

But to those that are in a position to pay for a membership, our club has (yet again) been caught in some bad luck given that this was a year that was meant to provide us with multiple blockbuster games. If this virus persists and affects our gate return then it will hit the club hard, they've beaten us around with some shocking years (last year was a massive kick to the gonads), memberships will be important to our bottom line.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2020 at 7:03 PM, dazzledavey36 said:

Won't be a member this year.

Go Dees.

Paid for your membership yesterday, a home game season ticket only. They had a bit of a chuckle when I said your first name was Dazzle but I told them you had a bit of self love happening, another chuckle. I will send it to your address in Albury when I receive it. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just hope when the club calls to refund our membership everyone says keep it because they need it the corona virus could bankrtupt this club. Dazzle is a disgrace I would expect this from him he shouldn't be on this forum.

23 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

I just hope when the club calls to refund our membership everyone says keep it because they need it the corona virus could bankrtupt this club. 

Would you blame anyone Werridee amidst these uncertain times for accepting a refund in some capacity if the clubs went that way?

Some call membership a donation but to some like every other purchase it’s about what the product offers (reserved seating, GF guarantee etc,etc) and with that commitment there is an expectation to attend games. 

Testing times ahead and some people might feel the use of that money is required at home.

• Thanks 1

Don't really like this guilting people into buying a membership. MFC is a business and is subject to much regulation. If teams fail it has an affect on all teams. This is how we got Roos. For more than 50 years MFC has been selling an ordinary product and winning a compromised season would be of lesser status than winning any of  the seasons than were not compromised. What should be the real angst priority here is finding a vaccine, not getting a refund for a membership. It would be of more use if the whole season was suspended and as much money as possible was put into research and testing for a vaccine. 

6 hours ago, drysdale demon said:

Paid for your membership yesterday, a home game season ticket only. They had a bit of a chuckle when I said your first name was Dazzle but I told them you had a bit of self love happening, another chuckle. I will send it to your address in Albury when I receive it. Enjoy!

DD I am glad this is a joke to you. I've had to bite my tongue on this issue, but because this is all a good laugh to you but i will fill you in on this.

My brother has cancer, all my financials is all going towards helping with his medical costs and provide support for not only him but also chipping in to help the family out. Putting in money towards a club that is absolutely no meaning to me regarding my personal life right at this minute. I'm  doing weekly trips down to Melbourne Royal hospital which is chewing up money in fuel as well. 

So I am glad this is a big [censored] joke to you. Next time instead of running your mouth and constantly putting people down on here have a good hard think about people's circumstance on why some are struggling financially.

Melbourne membership currently means jack**** to me.

6 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

I just hope when the club calls to refund our membership everyone says keep it because they need it the corona virus could bankrtupt this club. Dazzle is a disgrace I would expect this from him he shouldn't be on this forum.

True definition of an absolute [censored] oxygen right here. Your obsession of me makes me worried.

Tinder might help you get one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

DD I am glad this is a joke to you. I've had to bite my tongue on this issue, but because this is all a good laugh to you but i will fill you in on this.

My brother has cancer, all my financials is all going towards helping with his medical costs and provide support for not only him but also chipping in to help the family out. Putting in money towards a club that is absolutely no meaning to me regarding my personal life right at this minute. I'm  doing weekly trips down to Melbourne Royal hospital which is chewing up money in fuel as well. 

So I am glad this is a big [censored] joke to you. Next time instead of running your mouth and constantly putting people down on here have a good hard think about people's circumstance on why some are struggling financially.

Melbourne membership currently means jack**** to me.

True definition of an absolute [censored] oxygen right here. Your obsession of me makes me worried.

Tinder might help you get one.

I can assure you I do not have an obsession with you but think what you may. Yes, I was just having a bit of fun, so what.

I am sorry your brother is ill and I sincerely hope he makes a full recovery.

You an keep the dating sites for yourself.

22 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

I can assure you I do not have an obsession with you but think what you may. Yes, I was just having a bit of fun, so what.

I am sorry your brother is ill and I sincerely hope he makes a full recovery.

You an keep the dating sites for yourself.

That wasn't directed at you. Actually read who i wrote it too. You are prone to constantly bait people on here and you get a real kick out of it. Time to start thinking before you posting mate. Yes i am no angel either, but In tough financial times for some, guilt tripping into buying a membership is honestly pathetic. No one knows some are going through right at this minute.

It's only going to get worse as well. People with young families would much rather pour money into themselves right now for survival then a football. But that's totally fine right.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1

Depressing direction of thread re guilt-trips etc. 

Perhaps the OP's intention was to state fence-sitters should now come to the aid of the club  -  all other things being equal.  That is, if you are not in immediate financial straits, have relatives in distress etc. then pony up.   Where is the guilt tripping in that?  (Being out of toilet paper does not qualify as being in distress.)

• Like 1

One option worth mulling over (if it hasn't happened already and I missed it) is the likes of Kayo providing streaming services to club members at a heavily discounted rate for this year?

Thoughts; Pro's and Cons?

Will get this back on track. Signed up as Interstate member again last Thursday and also twin Grand Sons. Trusting this Virus runs its path real quick and we get back to normal in life and with games. Hope its gone by time we play Brisbane and Gold Coast up here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TRIGON said:

One option worth mulling over (if it hasn't happened already and I missed it) is the likes of Kayo providing streaming services to club members at a heavily discounted rate for this year?

Thoughts; Pro's and Cons?

Why would they do it? Surely they are licking their lips at the prospect of gaining new subscribers.  We are already concerned about the viability of some clubs - surely the club's wouldn't be able to pass some of our membership fees to Kayo (as much as I'd like that, having 3 memberships in the family and only able to get to a match every couple of years at most).

1 minute ago, sue said:

Why would they do it? Surely they are licking their lips at the prospect of gaining new subscribers.  We are already concerned about the viability of some clubs - surely the club's wouldn't be able to pass some of our membership fees to Kayo (as much as I'd like that, having 3 memberships in the family and only able to get to a match every couple of years at most).

I was thinking along the lines of the club keeps the membership money, members can opt-in (privacy) to Kayo - providing whatever membership details are required for verification, club verifies. Once verified, Kayo provides a discount code.

8 minutes ago, TRIGON said:

I was thinking along the lines of the club keeps the membership money, members can opt-in (privacy) to Kayo - providing whatever membership details are required for verification, club verifies. Once verified, Kayo provides a discount code.

Yes, I guess that is the sort of thing the marketing department of Kayo might like as a way of encouraging new subscribers.  

(Trouble with Kayo and Fox is I have to pay for stuff in which I have no interest whatsoever.  I really wish there was an AFL only service even if it was run by those nincompoops at AFL HQ.)

Edited by sue

1 hour ago, sue said:

Depressing direction of thread re guilt-trips etc. 

Perhaps the OP's intention was to state fence-sitters should now come to the aid of the club  -  all other things being equal.  That is, if you are not in immediate financial straits, have relatives in distress etc. then pony up.   Where is the guilt tripping in that?  (Being out of toilet paper does not qualify as being in distress.)

Thanks Sue.

I do understand that people'scircumstances change - people lose jobs, take on new responsibilities - but we do know there are still about 10K MCC members who don't contribute. I know they have paid about $600 for their MCC dues but I'd like to think they can find another $85 for the club at least.

If the Demons are rubbish then their MCC memberships are devalued. They can maximise the value of their MCC membership by helping the MFC to stay healthy. I must admit I don't understand those others who say they'll wait to see how the season goes. For mine it's all in or out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Would you blame anyone Werridee amidst these uncertain times for accepting a refund in some capacity if the clubs went that way?

Some call membership a donation but to some like every other purchase it’s about what the product offers (reserved seating, GF guarantee etc,etc) and with that commitment there is an expectation to attend games. 

Testing times ahead and some people might feel the use of that money is required at home.

Old mate would struggle to understand this concept. All not quite right upstairs for him.

What you said though was spot. It's testing times indeed. For a lot of families, buying a membership is right now is last on their to do list. With this virus, families will be going into survival mode which means they are reluctant to spend it else where but their families. If people on here have issues with that then they have serious issues inside them.

I hope all is well for you @Dee Zephyr.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Old mate would struggle to understand this concept. All not quite right upstairs for him.

What you said though was spot. It's testing times indeed. For a lot of families, buying a membership is right now is last on their to do list. With this virus, families will be going into survival mode which means they are reluctant to spend it else where but their families. If people on here have issues with that then they have serious issues inside them.

I hope all is well for you @Dee Zephyr.

You the world's biggest dill. Well if the club is bankrupt you only have yourself to blame. But what do you care your not a real supporter anyway. An 11 game membership won't break the bank for anyone but you keep on thinking your doing the right thing. Your not a supporter you only come here to start fights. The sooner your banned the better.

• Angry 2

2 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

You the world's biggest dill. Well if the club is bankrupt you only have yourself to blame. But what do you care your not a real supporter anyway. An 11 game membership won't break the bank for anyone but you keep on thinking your doing the right thing. Your not a supporter you only come here to start fights. The sooner your banned the better.

Ease up Sunshine 

DD has been around these walls a long time

Hang in there mate. One day at a time....

11 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Settle down champ, no need to get personal.

10 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Ease up Sunshine 

DD has been around these walls a long time

Too long.

• Angry 1

7 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Too long.

I think he has a few very important issues to deal with right now
So just back it off..

The MFC will go on, it’s a very small cog in this big world. This world is going through something right now that could change everything. I am not suprised because i have thought the Human Population is getting too high

But we have no idea what will happen to things we consider as standard 

It may be years until Large public gatherings are safe...

• Like 1