Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Most hated teams

11 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

The fact that two of those anagrams are based where you currently live probably doesn't help matters. 

It's a trial, appreciating footy and the Demons, to live here in Adelaide. There is nothing about MFC in the media formats. One lives in a cloud of parochialism and cant - so living in that cloud is its own alienation. Still, there are other advantages living on the coast of Gulf St Vincent.  Regular visits to 'homeland' are a necessity, though; these are like a tonic and capped off during the footy season with as many pilgrimages to the 'G as possible, to re-establish identity. C'est la vie!

1 minute ago, Deemania since 56 said:

It's a trial, appreciating footy and the Demons, to live here in Adelaide. There is nothing about MFC in the media formats. One lives in a cloud of parochialism and cant - so living in that cloud is its own alienation. Still, there are other advantages living on the coast of Gulf St Vincent.  Regular visits to 'homeland' are a necessity, though; these are like a tonic and capped off during the footy season with as many pilgrimages to the 'G as possible, to re-establish identity. C'est la vie!

I hear ya. As a Rangers supporter I lived and worked in Dublin for five years so can relate to your experience embedded behind enemy lines so to speak. 

• Haha 1

Richmond - I grew up close family friends with Toigs faithful. It was excruciating going to games with them when we were so ordinary. They were relentless in their arrogance and Kevin Bartlett was running around like a class A tool with a comb-over. I loved it when he held a grudge against them for oh so long.

Collingwood - It goes without saying, but I enjoy listening to Buckley. Eddie can GAGF

Norf - I cant put my finger in it but I have always hated them. I couldn't stand Keith Grieg for some reason. Their supporters are tossers.

Carlton - they've dropped off the hate radar a bit but who doesn't love them languishing at the bottom of the ladder - may it continue. A big hello to John Elliot too. Cheats!

Geelong - I don't mind them too much but I now live half an hour away and it's torture going to the games and getting trounced. The whole one team town is dead boring too. 'Who do you barrack for?' 'Oh let me guess - Geelong?'

Essendon - I can only reiterate the superb summation of @Little Goffy - 'they take so much and add so little'. Their supporters top the [censored] charts too! I hope they never recover.

Gold Coast - OK I don't hate them as such, but the perks they're getting make me gag. The only reason they're still there and costing the earth is so the AFL don't have to admit it's a capital F FAIL! Do the comp a favour and send them down to Tassie. It would save millions too!

Hawthorn - Some f-wit signed my dog up as a Hawthorn supporter. Made me hate them and their Wayne Kerr supporters more.

That's about it, the rest range from on the nose to insignificant.

7 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

I hear ya. As a Rangers supporter I lived and worked in Dublin for five years so can relate to your experience embedded behind enemy lines so to speak. 

Where did you live Rab?

14 hours ago, Mel Bourne said:

West Coast - Don Johnson and Fabio are walking along on a golden beach together, and stumble across a chest buried in the sand. They open the chest and it’s filled with hair dryers, teeth whitener, cocaine and cash. They take the chest to the nearest house, which belongs to Alan Bond, and the three of them celebrate heavily together for the next fifty years. This is the West Coast Eagles to me. It doesn’t need to make sense. 

Gold!

• Love 1

Any team the Scott Bros have coached, Hawthorn (will never forget), Essendon (same reason), West Coast ( same reason plus they get special umpiring treatment), GWS for being a confection of a team which has been handed the opportunity to vie for the Premiership, Collingwood, Gold Coast and  carlton. 

• Like 1

OK, clearly I'm an outcast. I love all other 17 teams equally. Not as much as I love the Demons, of course. I love the other teams because I love Australian Football and without them I don't have a competition to love.

Our enemies are not the other 17 clubs. Rather, the people to hate are those that try to take the game away from the people (media, mainly, but also marketing ideas people) and other sports and recreational activities that rather than co-exist, try to steal supporters and revenue streams from the AFL.

I get that other people's hatred might sometimes just be tongue in cheek. But I cannot summon any hatred for the other 17 teams. I do, however, get the most joy whenever Collingwood is defeated. 

41 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

OK, clearly I'm an outcast. I love all other 17 teams equally. Not as much as I love the Demons, of course. I love the other teams because I love Australian Football and without them I don't have a competition to love.

Our enemies are not the other 17 clubs. Rather, the people to hate are those that try to take the game away from the people (media, mainly, but also marketing ideas people) and other sports and recreational activities that rather than co-exist, try to steal supporters and revenue streams from the AFL.

I get that other people's hatred might sometimes just be tongue in cheek. But I cannot summon any hatred for the other 17 teams. I do, however, get the most joy whenever Collingwood is defeated. 

Wow. That was a response i didn’t expect to read

Maybe you never attended games at 

Windy Hill

Victoria Park

Princess Park

Moorabbin

Arden St

Kardinia Park

Hate for these Clubs is genuine and goes back a long way

Hate for The AFL is also alive and well

Those cheap Bastards have been paying themselves a huge wage for years and made going to the Stadiums unwatchable. 
I refuse to be subjected to Gambling propaganda for 3 hours...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Where did you live Rab?

I worked at Trailfinders at the bottom of Dawson Street and lived on Leeson Park in Ranelagh. Next door to the sister of Enda Kenny, the former Taoiseach. The ex girlfriend worked at Aware (depression support) on Lower Leeson Street. it was at the height of the Celtic Tiger. Happy times. 

Just for the record, I might be a bluenose but I'm definitely NOT a unionist! 

5 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Wow. That was a response i didn’t expect to read

Maybe you never attended games at 

Windy Hill

Victoria Park

Princess Park

Moorabbin

Arden St

Kardinia Park

Hate for these Clubs is genuine and goes back a long way

Hate for The AFL is also alive and well

Those cheap Bastards have been paying themselves a huge wage for years and made going to the Stadiums unwatchable. 
I refuse to be subjected to Gambling propaganda for 3 hours...

Just to clarify, do you hate the teams or their supporters or both?

I admit I haven't been to many grounds. If I can recall correctly, I've seen matches at Moorabbin, Princes Park, Lakeside Oval, Glenferrie Oval and the SCG. Of those, I enjoyed the SCG most followed by Moorabbin. 

36 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Just to clarify, do you hate the teams or their supporters or both?

I admit I haven't been to many grounds. If I can recall correctly, I've seen matches at Moorabbin, Princes Park, Lakeside Oval, Glenferrie Oval and the SCG. Of those, I enjoyed the SCG most followed by Moorabbin. 

When one attended an “away” ground, one hated the entire experience, unless of course The Demons won, then it was fabulous 

One hates opposition clubs and their supporters as one entity. 

Today the Fan experience is like Disneyland compared to what it used to be. 

Gillian and Little Hamish would poo their pants in fear if they had to catch the train home from Windy Hill or Victoria Park in the 70’s and early 80’s. 
But back then we were not subtly trained to become a compulsive gambler either, which i find abhorrent. 
there is nothing sadder than hearing young school kids talk about punting. 
Shame on you AFL

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

I worked at Trailfinders at the bottom of Dawson Street and lived on Leeson Park in Ranelagh. Next door to the sister of Enda Kenny, the former Taoiseach. The ex girlfriend worked at Aware (depression support) on Lower Leeson Street. it was at the height of the Celtic Tiger. Happy times. 

Just for the record, I might be a bluenose but I'm definitely NOT a unionist! 

Very nice parts of Dublin you were in Rab, I'm originally from Tallaght, with all my family being from the Crumlin area. Emigrated with my parents when I was 8. Spent a bit of time back there in my late teens early 20s living in Rathmines and Crumlin.

Nothing wrong with being a blue nose rivalry is great for sport, just a few head cases take things to far. One of my best mates is a mad Gers fan lives down Point Cook way now

6 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

But back then we were not subtly trained to become a compulsive gambler either, which i find abhorrent. 
there is nothing sadder than hearing young school kids talk about punting. 
Shame on you AFL

I remember when my oldest daughter was about 7yrs old.
I was online doing my Supercoach and she piped up over my shoulder and  declared that "We were favourites and should go pretty good this weekend."
"How do ya know that I asked", as I was never one too talk up our chances as we were our usual basketcase selves at the time.
Much to my surprise as I'm in no way interested in gambling she pointed at the betting odds at the bottom of the page.

I knew then with certainty how insidious the gambling culture the AFL is exposing the kids to.
And of course we lost the game we should have won anyway and have drummed into the kids since that gambling on anything  is a complete waste of money.
These day I even get the guilts buying a tattslotto ticket in their presence.

Edited by Fork 'em

6 hours ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Very nice parts of Dublin you were in Rab, I'm originally from Tallaght, with all my family being from the Crumlin area. Emigrated with my parents when I was 8. Spent a bit of time back there in my late teens early 20s living in Rathmines and Crumlin.

Nothing wrong with being a blue nose rivalry is great for sport, just a few head cases take things to far. One of my best mates is a mad Gers fan lives down Point Cook way now

D24? That's Shamrock Rovers territory. Rathmines I remember well. My folks moved here from Fraserburgh in the NE of Scotland when I was younger but I've lived in a few countries over the years, only returning to Australia five years ago. 

Outside probably a forty mile radius of Glasgow and maybe a wee bit of Edinburgh nobody gives a monkeys about religion. I have family that support Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and even Morton. I often wonder what visiting team supporters on European nights think when they see our ones waving tricolours or union jacks and singing Fields of Athenry or God Save the Queen. It makes me feel sad. 

• Like 1

I have a firm hatred for Geelong and Hawthorn. Something dodgy in the way Geelong always find diamond players. Maybe i am envious of their playing culture. I can't stand sitting amongst Hawks and Cats supporters at a game.

I don't hate Collingwood as much as I used to but I cannot stand Eddie. But I would live him too if he was our President.

Why are North supporters so arrogant?

Essendon. The son only a mother (the AFL) could love. The AFL loves Essendon but just wishes they were better behaved. 

Still no hatred for Richmond after their recent success. I still remember their supporters spitting on their own players.