Jump to content

  • Podcast:  

  • Podcast: 2022 Season Review & Trade Wrap 

TRAINING: Wednesday 12th February 2020


Demonland
 Share


Recommended Posts

? SCOOP JUNIOR TRAINING REPORT (Hibberd & Spargo) | SCOOP JUNIOR TRAINING REPORT (Vanders, Petty, Melksham) | SCOOP JUNIOR TRAINING REPORT (TMax injury concern) | SCOOP JUNIOR TRAINING REPORT (TMac Update) | SCOOP JUNIOR TRAINING REPORT (TMac Further Update) |

? GEORGE'S TRAINING REPORT

⚕️ SATYRICONHOME'S INJURY UPDATE

? BAGHDAD BOB'S TRAINING REPORT

If anyone is heading down to training this morning we'd love a training report and an update as to whether Aaron vandenBerg, Michael Hibberd & Harrison Petty are training.

I'll post links to any training reports to the top of this post for easy reference.

AFL training sessions

Date: Wednesday 12 February
Start time: 9.30am
Location: Gosch's Paddock

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks @Scoop Junior. I've updated the injury list.

 

  PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
BRAYSHAW Angus.png Angus Brayshaw Elbow TBA
CHANDLER Kade.png Kade Chandler Wrist TBA
DUNKLEY Kyle.png Kyle Dunkley Ankle TBA
GAWN Max.png Max Gawn Knee TBA
HANNAN Mitch.png Mitch Hannan ???? TBA
MAY Steven.png Steven May Knee TBA
PETTY Harrison.png Harrison Petty ???? TBA
SMITH Joel.png Joel Smith Foot TBA
VANDENBERG Aaron.png Aaron vandenBerg Foot TBA
PREUSS Braydon.png Braydon Preuss Knee 8-10 Weeks
BENNELL Harley.png Harley Bennell Calf Indefinite
KOLODJASHNIJ Kade.png Kade Kolodjashnij Head Indefinite
NIETSCHKE Aaron.png Aaron Nietschke Knee Season

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TMac just led out to mark. Only a little jump at the ball but on landing put his hand straight up and limped off. Looked more foot or ankle than higher up. Getting assessed now. 

SCOOP JUNIOR TRAINING REPORT (TMac Update) | SCOOP JUNIOR TRAINING REPORT (TMac Further Update) |

? GEORGE'S TRAINING REPORT

⚕️ SATYRICONHOME'S INJURY UPDATE

? BAGHDAD BOB'S TRAINING REPORT

  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


31 minutes ago, Scoop Junior said:

TMac just led out to mark. Only a little jump at the ball but on landing put his hand straight up and limped off. Looked more foot or ankle than higher up. Getting assessed now. 

Hes had ongoing issues the last couple of years with his toe hasn't he?

Not good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Thanks @Scoop Junior. I've updated the injury list.

 

  PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
BRAYSHAW Angus.png Angus Brayshaw Elbow TBA
CHANDLER Kade.png Kade Chandler Wrist TBA
DUNKLEY Kyle.png Kyle Dunkley Ankle TBA
GAWN Max.png Max Gawn Knee TBA
HANNAN Mitch.png Mitch Hannan ???? TBA
MAY Steven.png Steven May Knee TBA
PETTY Harrison.png Harrison Petty ???? TBA
SMITH Joel.png Joel Smith Foot TBA
VANDENBERG Aaron.png Aaron vandenBerg Foot TBA
PREUSS Braydon.png Braydon Preuss Knee 8-10 Weeks
BENNELL Harley.png Harley Bennell Calf Indefinite
KOLODJASHNIJ Kade.png Kade Kolodjashnij Head Indefinite
NIETSCHKE Aaron.png Aaron Nietschke Knee Season

 

This list is becoming impressive

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Thanks @Scoop Junior. I've updated the injury list.

 

  PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
BRAYSHAW Angus.png Angus Brayshaw Elbow TBA
CHANDLER Kade.png Kade Chandler Wrist TBA
DUNKLEY Kyle.png Kyle Dunkley Ankle TBA
GAWN Max.png Max Gawn Knee TBA
HANNAN Mitch.png Mitch Hannan ???? TBA
MAY Steven.png Steven May Knee TBA
PETTY Harrison.png Harrison Petty ???? TBA
SMITH Joel.png Joel Smith Foot TBA
VANDENBERG Aaron.png Aaron vandenBerg Foot TBA
PREUSS Braydon.png Braydon Preuss Knee 8-10 Weeks
BENNELL Harley.png Harley Bennell Calf Indefinite
KOLODJASHNIJ Kade.png Kade Kolodjashnij Head Indefinite
NIETSCHKE Aaron.png Aaron Nietschke Knee Season

 

Is it really hard for the club to give fans an update on KK. I feel like a lot of us fans are more concern around his health then getting back on the footy field. Yet club like always give donuts..

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I'm confused with where Melksham's at.

One poster claims he'll miss the early rounds with hamstring soreness, but here he is training fully today.

You lend credence to what posters on here say? ?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the club is extra cautious about even the most minor things and as a result on here there is an injury list that will end up with every player on it? Might as well go into recess going by some of the attitudes here. Give me a spell.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

Thanks @Scoop Junior. I've updated the injury list.

 

  PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
BRAYSHAW Angus.png Angus Brayshaw Elbow TBA
CHANDLER Kade.png Kade Chandler Wrist TBA
DUNKLEY Kyle.png Kyle Dunkley Ankle TBA
GAWN Max.png Max Gawn Knee TBA
HANNAN Mitch.png Mitch Hannan ???? TBA
MAY Steven.png Steven May Knee TBA
PETTY Harrison.png Harrison Petty ???? TBA
SMITH Joel.png Joel Smith Foot TBA
VANDENBERG Aaron.png Aaron vandenBerg Foot TBA
PREUSS Braydon.png Braydon Preuss Knee 8-10 Weeks
BENNELL Harley.png Harley Bennell Calf Indefinite
KOLODJASHNIJ Kade.png Kade Kolodjashnij Head Indefinite
NIETSCHKE Aaron.png Aaron Nietschke Knee Season

 

Being hopeful and from reading reports - Gus, Max and May should be right for round one and have had solid preseason.  aside from that only really one from best 22 injured AVB - arguably..

I hold little hope, for Bennell, KK in the first half of the year and not much more for Hannan given his  cursed luck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not really much to report from the session.  I spent most of it with BB, so he will be able to report further...

Yes, the injury list looks long, but really, apart from May, Angus, Gawn and VDB, how many would be in the fist 22?  Of those 4 Brayshaw is running freely and keeping up his fitness.  Max is running freely and strongly, even with a brace.  VDB is the unknown and also May. 

Smith can't be far away, and while he is running freely, he was still kicking the ball left foot only.  BB and I cannot work out what sort of foot injury can allow one and not the other?  Chandler was also doing repeat 50-100's, but the wrist is something that is only cured by time.  Same for Brayshaw and his elbow.

The important thing is even with 14 players listed, we still have 30 out there training fully.  That included Melksham, Hibberd and Spargo who all participated in the small amount of match practice/simulation.

So back to the track....it was very light and not much out of the ordinary apart from Kossi Pickett already having contender for MOTY!  Hard to describe as he just came from nowhere in a pack and the next thing you saw was him perched sideways above it with the ball in his grasp.  The trackwatchers and players erupted with awe, but the Channel 10 crew behind us were kicking themselves as they weren't set up properly.  Still they wanted to know who he was, so hopefully the cat hasn't been let out of the media bag....just yet!

There was a mids group near us with Bradtke and Weidemann doing rucking ( given the injuries to Max and Brayden, we may need them).  Petracca and Langdon were prolific with their ability to get the ball and clear the pack.  Interestingly, Jackson was part of this group, but not as a ruck.  He held his own against Oliver, which was no mean feat.

Sorry, not much else to say...so over to BB if he can think of anything else.....

⚕️ SATYRICONHOME'S INJURY UPDATE

? BAGHDAD BOB'S TRAINING REPORT

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Not really much to report from the session.  I spent most of it with BB, so he will be able to report further...

Yes, the injury list looks long, but really, apart from May, Angus, Gawn and VDB, how many would be in the fist 22?  Of those 4 Brayshaw is running freely and keeping up his fitness.  Max is running freely and strongly, even with a brace.  VDB is the unknown and also May. 

Smith can't be far away, and while he is running freely, he was still kicking the ball left foot only.  BB and I cannot work out what sort of foot injury can allow one and not the other?  Chandler was also doing repeat 50-100's, but the wrist is something that is only cured by time.  Same for Brayshaw and his elbow.

The important thing is even with 14 players listed, we still have 30 out there training fully.  That included Melksham, Hibberd and Spargo who all participated in the small amount of match practice/simulation.

So back to the track....it was very light and not much out of the ordinary apart from Kossi Pickett already having contender for MOTY!  Hard to describe as he just came from nowhere in a pack and the next thing you saw was him perched sideways above it with the ball in his grasp.  The trackwatchers and players erupted with awe, but the Channel 10 crew behind us were kicking themselves as they weren't set up properly.  Still they wanted to know who he was, so hopefully the cat hasn't been let out of the media bag....just yet!

There was a mids group near us with Bradtke and Weidemann doing rucking ( given the injuries to Max and Brayden, we may need them).  Petracca and Langdon were prolific with their ability to get the ball and clear the pack.  Interestingly, Jackson was part of this group, but not as a ruck.  He held his own against Oliver, which was no mean feat.

Sorry, not much else to say...so over to BB if he can think of anything else.....

 

This excites me.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    GRAND NEW FLAG by Meggs

    Daisy was at pains to tell everyone who asked that the grand final story was NOT the Daisy Pearce story.  She wanted people to focus on the Melbourne Football Club, our wonderful players and non-playing teammates, her legacy buddy head coach Mick Stinear, the assistant coaches, the Club volunteers, the Board, the administrators, #DeeArmy, all supporters, in fact anyone who bleeds for the red and the blue.  But it is also a bit about the pioneer, role model, mother who is Daisy Pearce

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    EYES ON THE PRIZE by Meggs

    The Stinear/Pearce partnership has evolved over the 7 AFLW seasons and they have built a team with talented, committed footballers who play for each other and execute a highly entertaining brand of footy. On Sunday can a premiership be added to this legacy? This may well be the last time we see Daisy in the mighty red and blue as she contemplates her start date for a coaching role ‘Down at Kardinia Park’.  Last week’s sensational sealer in the Prelim showed everybody that Daisy could s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    DAISY’S DEMON DRIVE by Meggs

    On a blustery Saturday afternoon when the conditions affected marking skills and the ball bounced unpredictably, the Mighty Dees stuck fat against a determined Kangaroos outfit to break away with two final quarter goals to none to win AFLW Preliminary Final 2 by 17 points — an all-time high winning margin between these two teams.  From the outset it was a fiercely fought contest with Melbourne unable to find the ball in space. North really amped up their one-percenters an

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    NOT A MOMENT TO MISS by Meggs

    The AFLW Season 7 fixture was carefully crafted to purposely handicap the better teams and give the expansion and developing sides an easier draw.  Nonetheless, this weekend’s Preliminary Finals will showcase the Lions, Demons, Crows and Roos, teams widely accepted as the best 4 in the competition.   In Friday night’s Prelim 1 the minor premiers, Brisbane, will start warm favourites at home against Adelaide.   On Saturday afternoon at Ikon Park, Prelim 2 between Melbourne and North is

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STICK TO YOUR GUNS by Meggs

    The Dees convincingly overcome the fast-starting reigning-premiers Adelaide to win by 21 points in a fiery Qualifying Final match at Ikon Park on Friday evening.     In that first quarter Adelaide jumped out of the blocks kicking their first goal inside 20 seconds finishing with 3 goals to nil. All was quiet at Ikon Park.     Melbourne, having easily outplayed lesser opponents over the past six weeks took time to ratchet up their intensity.  But, by mid to late first quarter, the Dees be

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    HEAVYWEIGHTS by Meggs

    AFLW heavyweights Melbourne and Adelaide kick off the AFLW Season 7 Final Series with a massive Qualifying Final clash at Ikon Park this Friday night at 7:10pm.  The game promises to be a cracker.   Last season’s Grand Final combatants last met in Round 1where Melbourne came away with a strong 18-point victory at Glenelg Oval. The Dees will be hoping to replicate the result and move directly to the Preliminary Final.    While Adelaide may not have been as intimidating this season as in p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MISSED IT BY THAT MUCH by Meggs

    Congratulations to Daisy’s Dees on a huge 78-point one-sided win against West Coast in challenging windy and wet conditions at Casey Fields.     The banner celebrating Sarah Lampard’s 50 games was a victim of the wind, but nonetheless Lampy received a warm round of applause from the parochial crowd in attendance.   Melbourne has the double-chance and is excited about its chances in the Season 7 AFLW finals. If this means the Grand Final is played at Metricon and the Demond make it, then

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    LIVE IN THE MOMENT by Meggs

    The final home and away match of Season 7, sees the mighty Dees at Fortress Casey hosting the 16th placed West Coast.     A win assures the Dees of a Top-2 finish, with the ultimate placings dependent upon the previous night’s result between Brisbane and Collingwood and the relative percentages.   As our match is anticipated to be one-sided, interest may turn to monitoring the live ladder to see whether or not Melbourne has secured the minor premiership.     The Demons (Lions and Cro

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    BOMBED by Whispering Jack

    Melbourne has all but assured itself of a top two finish to the (second) 2022 AFLW season after crushing Essendon by 41 points on Sunday. It now holds a four point lead over third placed Adelaide along with a handy percentage advantage with one round remaining before the finals. The Demons opened kicking with the advantage of the squally wind that often prevails at Casey Fields and for the third week in a row, they kept their opponents scoreless in the opening term. Speedster Alyssa Ba

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...