• Podcast:      

Demonland

To Hell & Back Episode 1

One of the things this series will/should do is turn the blowtorch on the players. Every club does these things, but the media will have a field day slicing this up if things continue along like last year. 

It’s great to hear a few tidbits about where things are at this year, although I would have liked to hear about this time last year to see what was going on when things were spiralling out of control

I’m really keen to see us marching back up the ladder in 2020

• Like 3

I think this doco is trying to humanising the players, many rant about player as if they are robots that should not make mistakes, and have no feelings. Cringeworthy the ones that feel  that way stop watching now.

• Like 2

Felt sorry for Billy Stretch being at the rev up from Goody and Burgess and then goes and gets delisted...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Beetle said:

I enjoyed the first segment but believe it could have done with more nudity.

Probably the most sensible post in this thread

• Haha 2

At one point Goody mentions that our poor 2019 gifted us a "golden ticket" the first part of which was the extra time they had to work on their fitness and game prior to next year... I was wondering what the other elements of the "golden ticket" are, so figured I'd list them.

Golden ticket parts

• Additional Pre-season time to prepare (recover from surgery, etc...),
  • Access to higher draft picks (Jackson, Picket),
  • Improved draw,
  • Hunger driven from humiliation at 2019, at individual and team levels,
  • Distillation of what works from what does not work, across the club, and renewed focus on what works.

One of the things Part 1 reminded me is that aside from (or as a result of) our crap onfield performance in 2019, we have been aggressively moving well to take full advantage of the "Golden ticket" with the appointment of Burgess, focused and successful trade and draft, and early pre-season intent and healthy hours at high level being pumped into the team... Jones call out to his team mates to stand up and take on more leadership (interesting to note who the camera identified as he said this i.e. Trac, Brayshaw ...

Bring on Part 2...

Go Demons.

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought it was great.

It was hard to watch bare bones Jones after seeing how ecstatic he was playing finals in 2018.

Edited by Roger Mellie
  • Sad 2

I found it an interesting insight into the club, and it’s also playing at a cinema near you I.e. the AFL web site. Just think of all the nice comments it’ll receive from all those wonderful  opposition supporters!

• Haha 2

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would tbh. And my 7 year old is absolutely pumped for footy season. Straight after watching it, the footy was out and he wanted to watch highlights of the 2018 finals wins. For that reason alone, anybody saying it’s a bad idea is just straight up wrong.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, Dee Dee said:

I found it an interesting insight into the club, and it’s also playing at a cinema near you I.e. the AFL web site. Just think of all the nice comments it’ll receive from all those wonderful  opposition supporters!

To be fair opposition supporters are feral when commenting on anything whether you win the premiership, come last, have a season ending injury or are a woman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 2

27 minutes ago, Demonland said:

To be fair opposition supporters are feral when commenting on anything whether you win the premiership, come last, have a season ending injury or are a woman.

Too true, too true! 

Really enjoyed it. People are so bitter. 

• Like 3

I enjoyed it. I’m pretty excited to see how this fitness regime is going to affect our matches. The impression we’re getting more and more is that these players have never had to push quite this hard in a pre-season. The players are indeed looking in ripping nick, and will hopefully have tanks like never before. It will be interesting to see how we compare to other teams this year in the same respect. Are we pushing harder than the rest of the comp, just the same or finally catching up? 

Slightly frustrated with the drip-fed-morsel approach, so I might just wait till the whole thing’s out. 

Thought the quality of it was fantastic given it's an in-house production, and it was as 'unfluffy' as you could get given that too. Thinking back a few years, our marketing & branding has come a long way so credit there to those responsible as I'm sure they would be far from the most resourced.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Probably the most sensible post in this thread

I'm waiting for what BBO thinks it needs.

You have to love DL and other fan sites.

For everything the club does, some love it, some hate it and some don't give a stuff.

Here is something else we can all argue about, I think Tuna Lasagna is a sensational dish, especially when the pasta is cooked to crisp.

Edited by Redleg
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Redleg said:

For everything the club does, some love it, some hate it and some don't give a stuff.

Here is something else we can all argue about, I think Tuna Lasagna is a sensational dish, especially when the pasta is cooked to crisp.

Welcome to any topic/issue in the history of the world.

• Haha 1

Ho hum.

20 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Agree 100% Mr. Leg.

34 minutes ago, old dee said:

Agree 100% Mr. Leg.

Would love it for lunch.

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Not just that; many had already decided how they felt about it before they watched it. Which comes back to @ProDee’s point about watching stuff without expectations.

• Like 3

Jones summed up my feelings about 2019, not surprised he lost his passion during it.

Worst season in living memory, anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

In honour of SWYL I've finally adopted an avatar

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, dworship said:

In honour of SWYL I've finally adopted an avatar

BANG!!!

One of the most pleasing things about the whole concept of this series is that it is effectively removing all excuses.  It's not a safe message. The media and general public will hammer the club for this if we have a bad season and I think those responsible for the series know it.  Our collective balls are on the line.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, S_T said:

One of the most pleasing things about the whole concept of this series is that it is effectively removing all excuses.  It's not a safe message. The media and general public will hammer the club for this if we have a bad season and I think those responsible for the series know it.  Our collective balls are on the line.

Correct. You cannot hide on YouTube 

• Like 1