Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training Ground?

Romey

33 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

That is simply not true.

Gosch's paddock is much smaller than the MCG, and the other open areas are occupied by Melbourne Storm, Victory and Rebels as their training grounds.  So unless you can move them out of AAMI......

Secondly Goschs is a public area.  We cannot not control the grass, surface maintenance.  It was un-usable for 6 weeks last year, and training had to be moved to Casey. 

Lights for training during winter?   Won't happen in public parks.  It is one of the reasons Hawthorn is moving from Waverley. 

Yarra park was pitched as a public area as well so if we’re really serious about having our ‘own’ training ground then why did we even bother with that?

Get rid of the Victory and expand. Claim Goschs area as our training facility and build accordingly. 

• Like 1

Elsternwick Park is used for umpires to train. It is owned by VCA (I understand, could be wrong). It regularly held >20,000 people at Rockdogs matches. It is under utilised and has its stands rebuilt. Bayside is is re-allocating parks and ovals in this area at the moment.

It is possibly too late to try but is close to the train and Nepean Hwy and you can park around the ground. It is a large ground as well.

Also it is enclosed and easy to close the gate.

EDIT: It is actually part of Baysides Parks. If you look at Baysides boundaries it is in starvation corner. By going with the latest scandals and dodgy practices that have afflicted this council and the fact that none of the Councillors have ever lived close to this mainly Elwood area, I reckon if we had an Eddie type president, we would be right in the mix. 

Edited by Damo
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 5:09 PM, old dee said:

Sounds about right MFM. It would be quite funny if it were not so serious.

The only club in the competition that does not have a home and has had almost half a century to find one.

Is is not a reality that our 'home', the MCG, has been taken and Club-filled with other clubs, to the point that suited them to a 'T" at a moment's notice across the last two decades? Is it not, therefore, the responsibility of the AFL to re-locate the fortunate (other clubs) but poor decision-making on behalf of those 'other clubs' prevailed? The AFL - and in part the MCC - have oversighted and approved great disadvantage for all co-tenants at the expense of the MFC? Further, is this not one of the most classic cases of well-overdue compensation yet to be addressed and granted to the MFC? First encroached, then even more continuously, first to be compensated is solution and surely the mantra to be adopted by members. 

11 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

The AFL - and in part the MCC - have oversighted and approved great disadvantage for all co-tenants at the expense of the MFC?

...Ain't that the truth!

The MCC has the following sporting sections:

MFC, bowls, hockey, target shooting, lacrosse, tennis, netball, royal tennis, golf and squash.....and yes they have a football team as well as the MFC!

How are these paid for and how are their facilities paid for?  Certainly not from cricket.  Member fees?  Hardly.  It is the income from football, ground advertising etc during the football season.  The tenant clubs are thrown a few scraps from the table.

The MCC has a baseball facility at Box Hill with clubrooms etc, yet the MFC has no permanent base or a proper 21st century training facility after 160years!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, george_on_the_outer said:

...Ain't that the truth!

The MCC has the following sporting sections:

MFC, bowls, hockey, target shooting, lacrosse, tennis, netball, royal tennis, golf and squash.....and yes they have a football team as well as the MFC!

How are these paid for and how are their facilities paid for?  Certainly not from cricket.  Member fees?  Hardly.  It is the income from football, ground advertising etc during the football season.  The tenant clubs are thrown a few scraps from the table.

The MCC has a baseball facility at Box Hill with clubrooms etc, yet the MFC has no permanent base or a proper 21st century training facility after 160years!

All that is true, but we did under [censored] Seddon divorice ourselves from the MCC at one point. It is well past time to stop wallowing in "other people owe us". It is now half a century since we were flung from the G. Time to build a new home. But while we cling to having it in Yarra park or near by etc we make it way more difficult than it could be. While that requirement is in place I have very little confidence that we will have a home anytime soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Damo said:

Elsternwick Park is used for umpires to train. It is owned by VCA (I understand, could be wrong). It regularly held >20,000 people at Rockdogs matches. It is under utilised and has its stands rebuilt. Bayside is is re-allocating parks and ovals in this area at the moment.

It is possibly too late to try but is close to the train and Nepean Hwy and you can park around the ground. It is a large ground as well.

EDIT: It is actually part of Baysides Parks. If you look at Baysides boundaries it is in starvation corner. By going with the latest scandals and dodgy practices that have afflicted this council and the fact that none of the Councillors have ever lived close to this mainly Elwood area, I reckon if we had an Eddie type president, we would be right in the mix. 

I am an ex mayor of the city of bayside

elsternwick park is in bayside where the VAFA used to have finals - still do for all I know

adjacent is the former elsternwick Golf course now a park

the bit about scandals and dodgy practices is rubbish

city of Casey yes

a councillor did feature in a recent current affair expose on his business but nothing to do with his council duties or council generally 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dino rover said:

I am an ex mayor of the city of bayside.  How long ago?  What ward are you from?

elsternwick park is in bayside where the VAFA used to have finals - still do for all I know. ok....

adjacent is the former elsternwick Golf course now a park. Your point?

the bit about scandals and dodgy practices is rubbish. No It is not, was on current affair last week. How did we lose half the park to a full oval for a football club 5 kilometers away? To be built in 2021? Dodgy Bros. Look it up.

city of Casey yes Cool story bro

a councillor did feature in a recent current affair expose on his business but nothing to do with his council duties or council generally It has everything to do with his fiscal duty and financial code of conduct. Or do you think thats apples and oranges? Im sure you do think that actually.

5 hours ago, Damo said:

Damo in other threads this has been discussed. PJ had a very good look at it and there are multiple reason why it won't work.

On top of that it is not in the precinct of Yarra park which to the MFC is priority no.1. They will not entertain a venue away from the vecinity of the G. That means almost no options are available/ to look at. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, george_on_the_outer said:

That is simply not true.

Gosch's paddock is much smaller than the MCG, and the other open areas are occupied by Melbourne Storm, Victory and Rebels as their training grounds.  So unless you can move them out of AAMI......

Secondly Goschs is a public area.  We cannot not control the grass, surface maintenance.  It was un-usable for 6 weeks last year, and training had to be moved to Casey. 

Lights for training during winter?   Won't happen in public parks.  It is one of the reasons Hawthorn is moving from Waverley. 

I included those areas of Storm and Victory in the capacity... soccer would need to relocate and Storm , there is enough room across Olympic boulevard, where the clay tennis courts are, for a rectangular pitch. 

Any negative Nellie can find reason to throw shipt on any idea.. and is precisely why Melbourne has gone nowhere but south-wood.. for 50 years.

The club has always looked for reasons Not To... and to not stand on others toes in any process.  But in the end, we end up jamming our own toenails,  trying to avoid the hurly-burly, of getting on. 

This negative-nelly-ness has to be put away, permanently.  

Or we die.

6 hours ago, Dee Watcher said:

Always thought Yarra Bend/north along the Yarra had a few options if you tied it in with the community clubs who lack great facilities but had the space/ovals. 

Its all about getting the local clubs/councils onside which might costs the dee's significant $$ as we'd be putting up most if not all of the money to develop the site/facilities if you could get it over the line.

In essence we'd need to provide rooms/access for the local clubs otherwise you have buckley's and none of getting the local council onside.

That said a big issue might be getting members/players to venture more than a couple of km's north of 'G

Stop thinking only for yourselves Melbourne supporters,  and think more broadly for supporters who need to travel.

They need a railway station.  it is critical to grow our club.

If you only need to travel 6 Klms or so,  you don't have the correct perception to be able to judge this big decision.

It's not just access for the very inner Melbourne supporter,  its to grow the club from far and wide suburbs.  We need to cast a wide net across Melbourne.

8 minutes ago, MyFavouriteMartian said:

I included those areas of Storm and Victory in the capacity... soccer would need to relocate and Storm , there is enough room across Olympic boulevard, where the clay tennis courts are, for a rectangular pitch. 

Any negative Nellie can find reason to throw shipt on any idea.. and is precisely why Melbourne has gone nowhere but south-wood.. for 50 years.

The club has always looked for reasons Not To... and to not stand on others toes in any process.  But in the end, we end up jamming our own toenails,  trying to avoid the hurly-burly, of getting on. 

Or we die.

Are you Deeluded 3.0?

Just askin' 

• Like 1

Think we missed our opportunity to relocate to Moggs Creek and Dangerfield could have walked to training. Jet ski's to the G, could have had a Demon ferry and done a bit of fishing on the way. There is only one thing for certain with this thread and that is we will still be debating it in 30 + years.

9 hours ago, Damo said:

One of the advantages of the Elsternwick Oval is the levees around the ground,  giving some privacy for closed sessions.?

Edited by MyFavouriteMartian
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MyFavouriteMartian said:

Or we die.

negative-nelly-ness”

#onlyondemonland

• Haha 1

I think the best prion is to stay right where we are, and build smarter into and over our immediate surrounds, ie over roads to Yarra to South of Goshe’s paddock etc do that in combination with other shuffles in the area and we should be good for another 50 yrs. 

23 hours ago, Damo said:

Still rubbish Damo.

Council isn’t dodgy a business man on council got a run on a current affair for allegedly dodgy dealings.

You stated that council was dodgy.

As regards my mayoral term - don’t believe me -fine with me.

What are your Bayside credentials?

incidentally I think Elsternwick park has merit as a base.

I would be looking very closely at the new Fisheman’s Bend precinct.

- Plenty of Parks and Ovals

- Close to the City and transport 

- Very few residents yet. (Will be thousands in a few years)

- Port Melbourne FC already based in the area and could form a sharing relationship if necessary.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dino rover said:

Still rubbish Damo.

Council isn’t dodgy a business man on council got a run on a current affair for allegedly dodgy dealings.  

You stated that council was dodgy.

As regards my mayoral term - don’t believe me -fine with me.

What are your Bayside credentials?

The Councillor is Rob Grinter. Not sure if he is a relative of Rod. My argument is that a strong council would not stand for his dealings in his shop under Accountability and Integrity codes of conduct. There is also an Impartiality code which would seem that you are walking close to. Most councilors have been mayor it seems. Where I live near Elsternwick Park, our ward is conjoined with East Brighton. Why? Its miles away.This means when I walk my dog off leash in Elst park I soon will have to share with a football club building an oval on Parkland where I cant let my dog off leash. Vampires are from East Brighton, no where near us, but very close to where the perennial council members live. They stay on council for about as long as the Castros in Cuba.  We have not had a local onboard and I have watched and petitioned with Bruce Woodley to not lose our dog park. I pay rates. I take a particular interest as 2 ex-school chums of mine have been mayor and other than being on council they dont seem to make much of a mark in society. So it gets up my frock when you say Bayside are clean. Its not black and white its black and grey. I am glad you too, believe the main Elsternwick oval would be a good idea. It is used about 5% of the year.

Gosch’s only requires a slight reconfiguration to fit an MCG sized oval, the current multi sport rectangular field areas and plenty of room to replace and even increase the number of trees.

We can build predominantly on the existing car park and utilities area. Then move the oval in front of the building similar to Collingwood.

The existing oval can be converted to 2.5 rectangular fields for the storm, victory Etc

F1-EA4755-929-F-4812-A613-80-E7032-E9-C4

Edited by DeeSpencer
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

- Port Melbourne FC already based in the area and could form a sharing relationship if necessary.

Fisherman's Bend was tossed around by the MCC to make it a sporting central. All their sports in 1 place. Not sure what happened in the end, I know the MCC Hockey division spent alot on the ground and facilities at Melbourne High School in the last 4 years so I can't see them moving out of there any time soon.

13 minutes ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Flood prone - climate change and rising sea levels.

The height of the PP Bay isn't as high as Bass straight.  When the locaL seas rise enough outside in the Straight,  many areas within the Bay will become inundated.

38 minutes ago, dino rover said:

Merit, indeed! Great location, large enough and capable of stylised development to suit longer-term needs for the MFC.