Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2020 AFL National Draft prospects: The next batch

Whispering_Jack

10 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

The Draft Central Power Rankings are out for November ~

Draft Central Power Rankings: November 2020

#1 Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Country | Key Position Forward
4/04/2002 | 195cm | 90kg

#2 Elijah Hollands
Murray Bushrangers/Vic County | Forward/Midfielder
25/04/2002 | 188cm | 80kg

#3 Logan McDonald
Perth/Western Australia | Key Position Forward
4/04/2002 | 196cm | 86kg

#4 Denver Grainger-Barras
Swan Districts/Western Australia | Key Position Defender
14/04/2002 | 194cm | 78kg

#5 Will Phillips
Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro | Balanced Midfielder
22/05/2002 | 180cm | 80kg

#6 Riley Thilthorpe
West Adelaide/South Australia | Ruck/Key Position Forward
7/07/2002 | 201cm | 100kg

#7 Tanner Bruhn
Geelong Falcons/Vic Country | Inside Midfielder
27/05/2002 | 183cm | 74kg

#8 Braeden Campbell
Sydney Swans Academy/Allies | Balanced Midfielder/Forward
4/02/2002 | 181cm | 75kg

#9 Lachlan Jones
WWT Eagles/South Australia | General Defender
9/04/2002 | 186cm | 89kg

#10 Zach Reid
Gippsland Power/Vic Country | Key Position Defender/Utility
2/03/2002 | 202cm | 83kg

#11 Heath Chapman
West Perth/Western Australia | Key Position Defender
31/01/2002 | 192cm | 81kg

#12 Alex Davies
Gold Coast SUNS/Allies | Inside Midfielder
18/03/2002 | 192cm | 85kg

#13 Nikolas Cox
Northern Knights/Vic Metro | Key Position Utility
15/01/2002 | 200cm | 87kg

#14 Nathan O’Driscoll 
Perth/Western Australia | Balanced Midfielder
17/05/2002 | 187cm | 78kg

#15 Kaine Baldwin
Glenelg/South Australia | Key Position Forward
30/05/2002 | 193cm | 90kg

#16 Oliver Henry
Geelong Falcons/Vic Country | Medium Utility
29/07/2002 | 188cm | 77kg

#17 Archie Perkins
Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro | Forward/Midfielder
26/03/2002 | 188cm | 79kg

#18 Reef McInnes
Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro | Inside Midfielder
12/12/2002 | 193cm | 86kg

#19 Caleb Poulter
WWT Eagles/South Australia | Midfielder/Forward
12/10/2002 | 192cm | 79kg

#20 Errol Gulden
Sydney Swans Academy/Allies | Small Forward/Midfielder
18/07/2002 | 175cm | 75kg

#21 Tom Powell
Sturt/South Australia | Midfielder
2/03/2002 | 183cm | 74kg

#22 Finlay Macrae
Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro | Balanced Midfielder
13/03/2002 | 186cm | 78kg

#23 Jack Carroll
East Fremantle/Western Australia | Midfielder/Defender
20/12/2002 | 187cm | 76kg

#24 Brayden Cook
South Adelaide/South Australia | Wing/Forward
18/07/2002 | 189cm | 82kg

#25 Zane Trew
Swan Districts/Western Australia | Inside Midfielder
26/04/2002 | 185cm | 80kg

#26 Joel Jeffrey
NT Thunder/Gold Coast SUNS/Allies | Key Position Utility
12/03/2002 | 192cm | 80kg

#27 Bailey Laurie
Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro | Forward/Midfielder
24/03/2002 | 179cm | 78kg

#28 Brandon Walker
East Fremantle/Western Australia | Half-Back
17/10/2002 | 183cm | 75kg

#29 Eddie Ford
Western Jets/Vic Metro | Medium Forward/Midfielder
21/06/2002 | 189cm | 83kg

#30 Joel Western
Claremont/Western Australia | Small Midfielder/Forward
12/10/2002 | 172cm | 68kg

Finna 22nd!

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 4:31 PM, spirit of norm smith said:

Nick Stevens returned some good results in the draft testing. 2km time trial -  6m32s  ; 20 metre sprint 2.97s. Combination of endurance and speed  He has the footy ability and the athleticism needed for AFL  Might be available around pick 26- 30 if we hold our 2nd round pick.   HERE IS A BIG CALL. I think this kid might be the next Trent Rivers. ?

Ps. Jack Carroll is also going to be a gun. Think Simon Black. 

Going to be a good pick up for whoever gets him.

• Like 1

Need to get this post and video deleted. Ffs. Jack Carroll is exactly the tall skilled midfielder we need at MFC. Dees trying to push up to 1st round and I think it’s not just for Findlay Macrae. Jack Carroll is better imv and hopefully JT is onboard. 

• Like 2

Think it's unlikely that we will hold onto and use the picks we've got (26, 31, 33, 43, 50) to draft kids.  Surely we'll try to get back in to the first round or use it to bring in players to improve our best 22.

But part of me would love to see what Jason Taylor and co could do if we did.  Yes I know it's not possible due to list sizes and the draft is compromised... but this is the sort of year that some of the best players might not be picked until the 2nd / 3rd round.

Out of interest, anyone know which small forward are rated highly in this draft.  From memory, we went hard for Kozzie last year as there weren't many on our radar for next year.  I know Maurice Rioli Jnr looks very exciting - but I imagine he's tied to richmond as a FS.  Any others out there we might be interested in to help Kozzie?

I’m still onboard the Jack Carroll train as the player we need and the player we are targeting.  Teammate at East Freo colts with Riv and Jacko in 2019. Plays like? Simon Black.  That’s why he is what we need. Skilled. Tough. Outside-in type midfielder.  Turning 18 in December. 188cm 6’2 left footer.  Saw him in 2019 Futures match and reckoned he would be an excellent fit.  Would compliment our midfield bulls.  Hope JT agrees. It could be why we are pushing to get into the Dogs pick 14 swap.  

(Macrae would also be very very good ). 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, deelusions from afar said:

Think it's unlikely that we will hold onto and use the picks we've got (26, 31, 33, 43, 50) to draft kids.  Surely we'll try to get back in to the first round or use it to bring in players to improve our best 22.

But part of me would love to see what Jason Taylor and co could do if we did.  Yes I know it's not possible due to list sizes and the draft is compromised... but this is the sort of year that some of the best players might not be picked until the 2nd / 3rd round.

Out of interest, anyone know which small forward are rated highly in this draft.  From memory, we went hard for Kozzie last year as there weren't many on our radar for next year.  I know Maurice Rioli Jnr looks very exciting - but I imagine he's tied to richmond as a FS.  Any others out there we might be interested in to help Kozzie?

Not quite a small forward but if we are after an electric quick forward then I’m thinking Will Bravo.  Even his name would be iconic. Saw him in Stingrays 2019 team (when I went to see Hayden Young). Bravo has that burst of speed with the footy and loves a goal. He kicked three on the day and I was thinking he’d be handy asset. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Not quite a small forward but if we are after an electric quick forward then I’m thinking Will Bravo.  Even his name would be iconic. Saw him in Stingrays 2019 team (when I went to see Hayden Young). Bravo has that burst of speed with the footy and loves a goal. He kicked three on the day and I was thinking he’d be handy asset. 

Whereabout in the draft would you expect him to go?

Knightmare on bigfooty was asked about who might be the best fits for the dees at 18,19 and 28.  He responded with:

Aside from notable sliders, one player I'd be telling Melbourne recruiters to look at is Sam Berry. Played alongside Sam Flanders and Caleb Serong for Gippsland last year and was just about as good as those guys were at the same age. Has the contested side to his game, strong tackles, explosiveness from the contest but also the skills and lowers his eyes.

Isiah Winder is another I feel like could add some class and speed for Melbourne and be something like a Harley Bennell replacement.

I'd be saying place some bids on guys like Brandon Walker (rebounding HBF with some up and go), Blake Coleman (pressure fwd), Maurice Rioli Jr (pressure fwd).

A Caleb Poulter could appeal with one of those picks as a tall mid with a long kick and some explosiveness to him.

Otherwise guys like Jackson Callow and Kaine Baldwin I like later on, though Melbourne could if desperate for a KPP take either at 28.

They're a few top of mind list fits the Dees could explore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes some interesting names here from Knightmare. I’m looking through the draft picks and likely options. I have considered we need runners. Midfielder types with good skills (essential), pace and endurance.  I hope JT agrees. To play running wing or half back roles. 

I assume players, that have very good skill with pace, like Finley Macrae, Jack Carroll and Archie Perkins will all be gone (as I have them picked through by Pies pick 14). I’d even nominate Brandon Walker under Freo NGA and get them to have to match it  

I have looked at 

picks 18,19

- Brayden Cook SA-Sth Adel, wing, half forward 

- Caleb Poulter, SA-WWT , ruckrover, halfback

At pick 28, similar types are 

- Ryan Angwin Gippsland power, wing

- Nick Stevens  Ballarat Rebels, half back 

- Jack Ginnivan, Bendigo half forward 

I can give further Bio details later once we have picks locked in closer to the draft.  Thanks to JM pick swaps, we have good options still despite not quite being into real top 20 group given nga, zones & father son compo etc  etc  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Yes some interesting names here from Knightmare. I’m looking through the draft picks and likely options. I have considered we need runners. Midfielder types with good skills (essential), pace and endurance.  I hope JT agrees. To play running wing or half back roles. 

I assume players, that have very good skill with pace, like Finley Macrae, Jack Carroll and Archie Perkins will all be gone (as I have them picked through by Pies pick 14). I’d even nominate Brandon Walker under Freo NGA and get them to have to match it  

I have looked at 

picks 18,19

- Brayden Cook SA-Sth Adel, wing, half forward 

- Caleb Poulter, SA-WWT , ruckrover, halfback

At pick 28, similar types are 

- Ryan Angwin Gippsland power, wing

- Nick Stevens  Ballarat Rebels, half back 

- Jack Ginnivan, Bendigo half forward 

I can give further Bio details later once we have picks locked in closer to the draft.  Thanks to JM pick swaps, we have good options still despite not quite being into real top 20 group given nga, zones & father son compo etc  etc  

I think one of Macrae, Carroll or Perkins will be there at 18

• Like 5

Just now, Pennant St Dee said:

I think one of Macrae, Carroll or Perkins will be there at 18

Possible but unlikely. But I do hope as any of these 3 are perfect for the Dees.

I have the Bombers getting Macrae at 8, Kangas getting Carroll at 11 and Pies stealing Perkins at 14.  I hope a team further screws up the Pies by nominating Reef Mcinnes in the top 12-13 picks prior to their first pick. Screw them. 

32 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Possible but unlikely. But I do hope as any of these 3 are perfect for the Dees.

I have the Bombers getting Macrae at 8, Kangas getting Carroll at 11 and Pies stealing Perkins at 14.  I hope a team further screws up the Pies by nominating Reef Mcinnes in the top 12-13 picks prior to their first pick. Screw them. 

Roos need bookends to build around will IMO take McDonald if Crowd don't.  If Crows take him they will take Holland and Grainger-Barras or another KPD at 11 if DGB doesn't last that late

Bombers I think will take best available inside big sized mid, best available key tall and Will Phillips if they hold those picks

• Like 1

I think Will Phillips goes to Sydney.  That will love him there and replaces Josh Kennedy (who will probably hang up his boots after 2021). 

Assume Bruhn goes to Suns to complete their AAA midfield for the next 10 years. 

Bombers will try to grab Grainger-Baras (Hurley and Hooker on the descent) Macrae and Henry. 

9 minutes ago, Gawndog98 said:

I'd be absolutely stoked if we could nab 3 of Macrae, Perkins, Caroll, Cox, Cook, Laurie with our top 3 picks. It'll be very interesting to see who slides and how far.

Yes Brayden Cook should be available and we’d be super keen to select him. Would be a very handy goalkicking wingman with good pace, endurance and skill.

On a needs basis, I am sure we will pick up Brayden Cook. We are desperate for a winger and more outside run.

• Thanks 1

A “6am” early call now trade week is over and picks more organized.

Top 30 and likely bids.   

1. Crows Logan McDonald 
2. Kangas * bid Jamara Ugle-Hagan matched by Dogs 
Kangas - Elijah Hollands 
3. Sydney - Will Phillips 
4. Hawks - Riley Tilthorpe 
5. Suns - Tanner Bruhn 
6. Ess * bid Braeden Campbell matched by Swans
Ess - Denver Grainger-Barass 
7. Ess - Finlay Macrae 
8. Ess - Oliver Henry 
9. Crows * bid. Lachlan Jones matched by Port. 
Crows - Heath Chapman 
10. GWS - Zane Trew
11. Kangas - Jack Carroll 
12. Freo - Nathan O’Driscoll 
13. GWS * bid Errol Gulden matched by Swans
GWS - Kaine Baldwin 
14- Pies. Archie Perkins 
15. GWS - Zach Reid 
16. Pies - Nik Cox 
17. Tigers * bid Reef McInnes matched by Pies
Tigers - Bailey Laurie 
18. Dees - Brayden Cook 
19. Dees * bid Brandon Walker matched by Freo
Dees - Caleb Poulter 
20. GWS Eddie Ford 
21. Saints - Sam Berry 

ROUND TWO 

22. Crows - Tom Powell 
23. Crows - Zac Dumesny 
24. Hawks * bid Joel Western matched by Freo 
Hawks - Oliver Davies 
25. Lions - Jye Sinderberry 
26. Dogs used points 
27. Suns * bid Conor Downie matched by Hawks 
Suns -Sam Collins 
28. Dees - Nick Stevens 
(I’d probably be tempted to call Isaiah Winder here though if available. His raw talent and pace make him a steal)  (Angwin and Ginnivan other chances here)  
29. GWS. * bid Saxon Crozier matched by Lions 
GWS - Isaiah Winder 
30. Kangas. Xavier Maher  

Cook, Poulter & Stevens represent 3 very skilled midfielders.  Cook fits wing/HFF, Poulter fits RR/hbf, Stevens fits HBF /wing.

Though Winder as a mid/HFF and senior footy experience is still a likely pickup. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2