Demonland

TRAINING: Friday 8th November 2019

22 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Speaking of intent:

Gawn, the best player at the club and easily in the best 18 players in the league by a country mile makes it to day one of training for the juniors,  2 weeks before he’s required.

Meanwhile we have others talented players on paper  (one who had a pathetic end to the season) that could be stars, are still on holidays overseas. 

There's nowhere to go for a run overseas?

They've all got programs from Burgess they're doing.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Speaking of intent:

Gawn, the best player at the club and easily in the best 18 players in the league by a country mile makes it to day one of training for the juniors,  2 weeks before he’s required.

Meanwhile we have others talented players on paper  (one who had a pathetic end to the season) that could be stars, are still on holidays overseas. 

How do you know they are on holidays overseas? Did they all send you their itineraries for the off season. I assume from your comments Burgess has CC you all their individual program's as well.

I would be very disappointed if any of the players came back and were not ready to go this year and to steal Chookrat's mantra "I'll believe it when I see it".

I am interested to see what "condition" Langdon and Tomlinson turn up in. Anybody seen anything of these two yet?

It’s a safe bet that any posters who feel impelled to be critical of a week one training report are not MFC supporters... Their posts, views, football intelligence, POV should be discarded and/or disregarded!

Edited by waynewussell
  • Like 8
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, waynewussell said:

It’s a safe bet that any posters who feel impelled to be critical of a week one training report are not MFC supporters... Their posts, views, football intelligence, POV should be discarded!

Training reports are useless anyway. 

2 hours ago, demon3165 said:

So when are you going to get yours......you be the man and start first.

I dunno maybe going to training, not sitting behind a keyboard big noting

Any idea why Viney always has a good B&F result when he is fit and playing

Or is that you exhausted?

Edited by george_on_the_outer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, demon3165 said:

So when are you going to get yours......you be the man and start first.

If you can go along to training and give reports, show photos, maybe you could have a swipe until then button it.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, demon3165 said:

Now if only Viney could Mark, Kick, have a football brain and sprint we could have a good footballer on our hands.....

You must be a better player than Viney eh?. What a crap statement. Viney is one of our better players when fit and whist he may have some failings I would, and most , if not all the other teams in the comp would have him in their best 22. Maybe you are not a Dee supporter!.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

There's nowhere to go for a run overseas?

They've all got programs from Burgess they're doing.

Yes I’ve got no doubt they can have a jog on their holidays. You make an excellent point.

The point I was making was that the senior players who made it to training this week (eg- Gawn and Harmes) are players that are getting the absolute best of themselves, creating excellent examples to their teammates and are carving out fulfilled careers thus far.

Meanwhile a couple of those top 10 draft picks that haven’t seen fit to make an early appearance for whatever reason (and I concede they have no obligation to) haven’t gone  anywhere near reaching the levels they could as footballers and are nowhere near in the best 50 players in the league.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Speaking of intent:

Was it the 2018 B&F where he talked about making the decision to do every possible thing to be a better footballer? 

6 minutes ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

Was it the 2018 B&F where he talked about making the decision to do every possible thing to be a better footballer? 

Yes.

You can tell the players on our list that want to get the best out of themselves as footballers and for their club.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Meanwhile a couple of those top 10 draft picks that haven’t seen fit to make an early appearance for whatever reason (and I concede they have no obligation to) haven’t gone  anywhere near reaching the levels they could as footballers and are nowhere near in the best 50 players in the league.

Who are you talking about???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Pick 9, 2013

Pick 2, 2014

Both need to take another step up next year.

You mean the 2 players that paid for their own personal training camp o/s during the break?

....and the number 2 pick who was spotted training for a couple of hours early on a Saturday morning looking in peak condition with his own personal trainer before the kids took over the ground for cricket?

They're both working hard...

For some it's better they stay away from the club, do the work & come back refreshed.

They're all going to be in each others pockets soon enough.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, rjay said:

You mean the 2 players that paid for their own personal training camp o/s during the break?

....and the number 2 pick who was spotted training for a couple of hours early on a Saturday morning looking in peak condition with his own personal trainer before the kids took over the ground for cricket?

They're both working hard...

For some it's better they stay away from the club, do the work & come back refreshed.

They're all going to be in each others pockets soon enough.

Fair call. 

Let’s hope they both have a great year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Speaking of intent:

Also trading their arrses off while on 'holiday'. Dont have to be at Goschs in November to be up to date with training KPIs. Keep up with the socials and you'll see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Satyriconhome said:

I dunno maybe going to training, not sitting behind a keyboard big noting

Any idea why Viney always has a good B&F result when he is fit and playing

Or is that you exhausted?

Well the sky was all rosy last year by your reports and we know how that went as for B&F's 1 best and fairest in 7 years, 35 brownlow votes in 7 years, 31 goals in seven years guess that puts him in the top bracket. 

Max Gawn 60 votes in 5 years.

Clayton Oliver 40 votes in 4 years.

1 hour ago, Docs Demons said:

You must be a better player than Viney eh?. What a crap statement. Viney is one of our better players when fit and whist he may have some failings I would, and most , if not all the other teams in the comp would have him in their best 22. Maybe you are not a Dee supporter!.

Would not be in the best 22 at the top six sides from last year and yes I am a Dee supporter I just don't wear rose coloured glasses.

2 hours ago, drysdale demon said:

If you can go along to training and give reports, show photos, maybe you could have a swipe until then button it.

Never thought that we one games at training if you go by training as match standard then we are in real trouble.

I haven’t spotted May back early which is a real disappointment after his pathetic 2019 performance of turning up fat and then consequently breaking down all year. 

I thought he owed the Club so much that he’d be first back. 

8 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Yep, after last year's off-season a statement needs to be made by the players.  No better way to do so than show intent by coming back early, fit and ready to go. 

How many times have you come back early from your holidays?

FFS

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, goodwindees said:

I haven’t spotted May back early which is a real disappointment after his pathetic 2019 performance of turning up fat and then consequently breaking down all year. 

"Another good session for the young guys

Nev and Steven May were there rehabbing"

From the very first post of the Wed training thread.

I'm sure Mr May will accept your apology.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Fester said:

How many times have you come back early from your holidays?

FFS

I generally take a sickie the day I’m due back from holidays. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, waynewussell said:

It’s a safe bet that any posters who feel impelled to be critical of a week one training report are not MFC supporters... Their posts, views, football intelligence, POV should be discarded and/or disregarded!

Is it ok to say we win the flag if Harley Bennell turns up in good shape week one of his training?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, goodwindees said:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, brendan said:

Will be interesting to see who does come back early, I know they don’t need to but it does make a bit of a statement if they do 

Actions speak louder than words