Jump to content

Lucifer's Hero

Deven Robertson (Drafted by Brisbane)

Recommended Posts

Jason Taylor mentioned him as a candidate for pick 8 but I couldn't find a thread for him.

He has very strong connections to WCE.  He barracked for them in his youth, his uncle Darren Glass captained them and is now at the Eagles as their List Manager. Robertson and WCE

Very highly regarded in this draft but WCE don't have a high pick to get him nor did they try to get one.  Maybe they are happy to bide their time, let him do his early development elsewhere and 'bring him home' when ready to replace Hurn.

WA has good draft representation this year with 3 likely top 10 prospects: Jackson, Henry and Robertson.  If recruited interstate I wonder how many will be back in WA in a few years...

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Jason Taylor mentioned him as a candidate for pick 8 but I couldn't find a thread for him.

He has very strong connections to WCE.  He barracked for them in his youth, his uncle Darren Glass captained them and is now at the Eagles as their List Manager. Robertson and WCE

Very highly regarded in this draft but WCE don't have a high pick to get him nor did they try to get one.  Maybe they are happy to bide their time, let him do his early development elsewhere and 'bring him home' when ready to understudy Nic Nat.

WA has good draft representation this year with 3 likely top 10 prospects: Jackson, Henry and Robertson.  If recruited interstate I wonder how many will be back in WA in a few years...

Why would he be understudy to Nic Nat?  He's only 182cm tall.  I believe Luke Jackson might be the one you're thinking of there.

But I'd be skittish about taking him.  Sounds like he has plenty of links to the Eagles and would be a prime candidate to go home.  I think we can look elsewhere at our picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Why would he be understudy to Nic Nat?  He's only 182cm tall.  I believe Luke Jackson might be the one you're thinking of there.

But I'd be skittish about taking him.  Sounds like he has plenty of links to the Eagles and would be a prime candidate to go home.  I think we can look elsewhere at our picks.

A typo - I meant Hurn and edited the post a minute or two after it went up. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

 

WA has good draft representation this year with 3 likely top 10 prospects: Jackson, Henry and Robertson.  If recruited interstate I wonder how many will be back in WA in a few years...

Are there stats on how many top liners do return home to WA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Damo said:

Are there stats on how many top liners do return home to WA?

I'm not aware of any stats.  Some recent examples are B Hill, Kelly, Hogan and McCarthy when he was thought to be a top liner.

While it may not be a draftees intention, these days clubs seem to lobby hard to get top players back to their 'home state' if not in the early part of their career as per those above, then as their Free Agency date arrives and they get them for free.  Lynch to Tigers but one example.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Damo said:

Are there stats on how many top liners do return home to WA?

Depends if West Coast want them or not.  I reckon if WCE chase a player they will get them 7 out of 10 times.  Freo take what they can get

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really degrades the pick when weighing up the player. Good for WA clubs in particular with the tyranny of their 4 hour trip each way. It must make it harder to go home for a weekend if the club physios and doctors tell them they dont want them on a plane for 8 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish there was some packaged vision.  I couldn't find a scerick last time i searched.

Maybe Freo are after him and have stolen all footage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Damo said:

Are there stats on how many top liners do return home to WA?

i think the thing is that a lot of players aren't drafted out of wa that much anymore - only 14 across national, psd, rookie, and mid-season draft in 2019 (and four of those to wa-based clubs) 

if a player is good - see kelly, hogan, yeo - then they often do return 'home'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, drdrake said:

Depends if West Coast want them or not.  I reckon if WCE chase a player they will get them 7 out of 10 times.  Freo take what they can get

I reckon it's closer to 6.7 times out of 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote

Full Team
B: Brad Sheppard (West Coast), Joel Hamling (Fremantle), Lewis Jetta (West Coast)
HB: Daniel Rich (Brisbane), Jeremy McGovern (West Coast), Jason Johannisen (Western Bulldogs)
😄 Tim Kelly (Geelong), Nat Fyfe (Captain, Fremantle), Brad Hill (Fremantle)
HF: Michael Walters (Fremantle), Jack Darling (West Coast), Jamie Cripps (West Coast)
FF: Charlie Cameron (Brisbane), Lance Franklin (Sydney), Josh Kennedy (West Coast)
Foll: Nic Naitanui (West Coast), Elliot Yeo (West Coast), Patrick Cripps (Carlton)
Interchange: Stephen Coniglio (Greater Western Sydney), Mitch Duncan (Geelong), Jaeger O’Meara (Hawthorn), Liam Ryan (West Coast)

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/09/03/who-would-play-state-of-origin-in-2019-part-3-western-australia/

Certainly a decent chunk of WA's best players either play in the state or return home. 

From that team: Hamling, Jetta, Hill*, Kelly, Jamie Cripps, Josh Kennedy, Yeo have all gone home. 

The first 4 names there are Indigenous players who I think it's fair to say have stronger community/family links than most players. 

Cripps and Yeo were at very ordinary clubs when they went home. Kennedy didn't want to leave Carlton and was packed up for Judd. 

O'Meara moved to Victoria, Coniglio came close to doing the same, Buddy went to Sydney and Charlie Cameron went to one of his original homes.

Deven Robertson looks tough, resilient and no fuss, the type of kid who will stay loyal if you give him a strong club. Shuey, Gaff, Hurn..plenty of non West Aussies stick it out in Perth. I wouldn't be too worried even with uncle Darren at the Eagles. In fact I reckon it would be hard if not impossible for Glass to excuse himself from list management decisions involved in trading for his nephew, in many ways it makes a trade less likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So forget about the go home factor and just ask if this kid is the next Joel Selwood or the next Andrew Swallow. That's the likely range of his talents and if he's the next Selwood then sign him up, if he's the next Swallow then thanks but no thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the little I've seen (watched the u18 grand final in a game where Henry, Jackson, Kemp, young, serong, flanders and ash all played), I would be happy to pick him up at 8. His performance that day was outstanding - all I could see was Selwood in terms of his toughness, leadership, and defensive acts. Seems to know his limitations, doesn't try too much. Can kick, but not brilliantly. Good distributor by hand. Would question whether he is a need for us given our inside mids but irrespective I would be very surprised if he doesn't hit the ground running for whatever club drafts him next year. 

Also thought Henry and Jeremy Sharp were very impressive in that game. Sharp in particular could be the best player from this draft in 5 years. Young, ash and serong all underwhelming (Serong will bust IMO, looks like the type to have peaked as a teenager).

I was sold on Young until I watched this game. Only one game but definitely showed his weaknesses and in comparison to Ash, lack of run. 

Would LOVE Henry as he is everything we need. Such a shame he is academy tied. I could also see the bones of Jackson as a fwd ruck, but not a gamble I would take at 3. 

Would love Kemp at 3 or 8. Could be anything. 

Do not understand the fascination with Flanders. Might have some tricks one day but an all around meh package at the moment. 

Would encourage you all to watch it on the AFL website, just google Vic country vs WA. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, fr_ap said:

From the little I've seen (watched the u18 grand final in a game where Henry, Jackson, Kemp, young, serong, flanders and ash all played), I would be happy to pick him up at 8. His performance that day was outstanding - all I could see was Selwood in terms of his toughness, leadership, and defensive acts. Seems to know his limitations, doesn't try too much. Can kick, but not brilliantly. Good distributor by hand. Would question whether he is a need for us given our inside mids but irrespective I would be very surprised if he doesn't hit the ground running for whatever club drafts him next year. 

Also thought Henry and Jeremy Sharp were very impressive in that game. Sharp in particular could be the best player from this draft in 5 years. Young, ash and serong all underwhelming (Serong will bust IMO, looks like the type to have peaked as a teenager).

I was sold on Young until I watched this game. Only one game but definitely showed his weaknesses and in comparison to Ash, lack of run. 

Would LOVE Henry as he is everything we need. Such a shame he is academy tied. I could also see the bones of Jackson as a fwd ruck, but not a gamble I would take at 3. 

Would love Kemp at 3 or 8. Could be anything. 

Do not understand the fascination with Flanders. Might have some tricks one day but an all around meh package at the moment. 

Would encourage you all to watch it on the AFL website, just google Vic country vs WA. 

I watched the game too, and can't disagree too much with your summary.

Really liked the look of Robertson and Sharp, he will be a player and so will Jackson.

I wouldn't write Young off just on that game, he's better than that. Some of the other ones you mentioned were indeed underwhelming and I wonder if it was because it was the end go the finals and they were all knackered.

If we picked up any of Robertson, Young, Kemp, Sharp or Jackson I'd be happy.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Groom him for Captain or build a bloody wall on the South Australian border

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

i think the thing is that a lot of players aren't drafted out of wa that much anymore - only 14 across national, psd, rookie, and mid-season draft in 2019 (and four of those to wa-based clubs) 

if a player is good - see kelly, hogan, yeo - then they often do return 'home'

Freo should grab him at pick 10.


We’d be developing him to package up for the Eagles.   No from me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fr_ap said:

From the little I've seen (watched the u18 grand final in a game where Henry, Jackson, Kemp, young, serong, flanders and ash all played), I would be happy to pick him up at 8. His performance that day was outstanding - all I could see was Selwood in terms of his toughness, leadership, and defensive acts. Seems to know his limitations, doesn't try too much. Can kick, but not brilliantly. Good distributor by hand. Would question whether he is a need for us given our inside mids but irrespective I would be very surprised if he doesn't hit the ground running for whatever club drafts him next year. 

Also thought Henry and Jeremy Sharp were very impressive in that game. Sharp in particular could be the best player from this draft in 5 years. Young, ash and serong all underwhelming (Serong will bust IMO, looks like the type to have peaked as a teenager).

I was sold on Young until I watched this game. Only one game but definitely showed his weaknesses and in comparison to Ash, lack of run. 

Would LOVE Henry as he is everything we need. Such a shame he is academy tied. I could also see the bones of Jackson as a fwd ruck, but not a gamble I would take at 3. 

Would love Kemp at 3 or 8. Could be anything. 

Do not understand the fascination with Flanders. Might have some tricks one day but an all around meh package at the moment. 

Would encourage you all to watch it on the AFL website, just google Vic country vs WA. 

After watching that grand final I believe Young is a certainty for pick 3. That kick of his in the dying minutes of the game showed his real class. All players were dead on their feet but he played on after a superb tackle and drilled a 40m pass to his team mate on the run. 

I would not be surprised if we split pick 8. There were many good players that might be still around in the teens. I agree with the ones fr-ap have mentioned. Sharp was very very good as was Robertson. Loved Kemp's second half. Jackson's ground work is excellent for a big man but his kicking sucks.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

So forget about the go home factor and just ask if this kid is the next Joel Selwood or the next Andrew Swallow. That's the likely range of his talents and if he's the next Selwood then sign him up, if he's the next Swallow then thanks but no thanks.

You wouldn't pay pick 8 for Andrew Swallow's career? You have got to be kidding. 

If that was actually the range of his talent there is now way he would last to pick 8.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Watts the matter said:

You wouldn't pay pick 8 for Andrew Swallow's career? You have got to be kidding. 

If that was actually the range of his talent there is now way he would last to pick 8.

Swallow had an excellent career but he never had the talent of an elite mid, hence was never AA. We have plenty of guys right now with a similar skill set. Brayshaw, Oliver, Viney etc

Unless he has injuries/awful development I'd say the floor on Robertson's talents - Larke medalist, by all reports excellent leader and hard worker is about the Swallow level in terms of talent. Might not captain a club, win B+F's and play 190 odd games but that's about the level and if he's a scrubby kicker and lacks athleticism like Swallow did then no thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

Swallow had an excellent career but he never had the talent of an elite mid, hence was never AA. We have plenty of guys right now with a similar skill set. Brayshaw, Oliver, Viney etc

Unless he has injuries/awful development I'd say the floor on Robertson's talents - Larke medalist, by all reports excellent leader and hard worker is about the Swallow level in terms of talent. Might not captain a club, win B+F's and play 190 odd games but that's about the level and if he's a scrubby kicker and lacks athleticism like Swallow did then no thanks.

3 best and fairests and 224 games, I think you might need to lower your expectations for a pick 8 (likely to slide out to 9 or 10). We have drafted Salem and Weideman around that mark with Taylor in charge. 

Back to Robertson, from what I've seen his kicking is definitely his weakness but he didn't seem to lack anything athletically.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he is best available at our pick then you take him. You have to back yourself. Rationalising defeat before it happens won't get us anywhere

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, fr_ap said:

From the little I've seen (watched the u18 grand final in a game where Henry, Jackson, Kemp, young, serong, flanders and ash all played), I would be happy to pick him up at 8. His performance that day was outstanding - all I could see was Selwood in terms of his toughness, leadership, and defensive acts. Seems to know his limitations, doesn't try too much. Can kick, but not brilliantly. Good distributor by hand. Would question whether he is a need for us given our inside mids but irrespective I would be very surprised if he doesn't hit the ground running for whatever club drafts him next year. 

Also thought Henry and Jeremy Sharp were very impressive in that game. Sharp in particular could be the best player from this draft in 5 years. Young, ash and serong all underwhelming (Serong will bust IMO, looks like the type to have peaked as a teenager).

I was sold on Young until I watched this game. Only one game but definitely showed his weaknesses and in comparison to Ash, lack of run. 

Would LOVE Henry as he is everything we need. Such a shame he is academy tied. I could also see the bones of Jackson as a fwd ruck, but not a gamble I would take at 3. 

Would love Kemp at 3 or 8. Could be anything. 

Do not understand the fascination with Flanders. Might have some tricks one day but an all around meh package at the moment. 

Would encourage you all to watch it on the AFL website, just google Vic country vs WA. 

Finally got around to watching this game and whilst it's wrong to draw conclusions from one game my thoughts were:

Robertson - in everything but his best plays were smothers or clearances when Jackson put it down his throat, probably would've liked to have seen more creativity and class with the ball

Jackson - had some lovely taps and moves really well, but stands or walks around packs which I hate and then just doesn't get down the line to useful spots to get marks - both ahead of the ball and behind the ball. Marking in general looks suspect. Can get outreached at ball ups when he bodies up rather than jumps. 

Young - rough first half when he was caught inbetween defensively and under the pump with the ball but his kicking really looked great in the second half and he broke open the game

Kemp - similar to Young, nothing early then in everything in the 2nd half up forward

Serong - has some special moments with quick hands and quick feat and a nasty tackler

Henry - pure class as a mid, I think we'd bid for him with pick 8

Sharp - the combination of size (height/strength) and athleticism make him a lock on the wing, but kicking is hot/cold and contested game does not look strong. 2nd round pick.

Elijah Taylor - wow. Didn't touch it often but when he did it resulted in scores. So much class. Would be a huge gamble at pick 8 but you could talk me in to it. He cuts through traffic like a hot knife through butter and is a beautiful kick.

Trent Rivers - thought he was best on ground, particularly for the first half. Impeccable half back ball winner and user. Should he be in the conversation for top 10?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Trent Rivers - thought he was best on ground, particularly for the first half. Impeccable half back ball winner and user. Should he be in the conversation for top 10?

Only if we can somehow get Jack Darling as well. 

Murray Darling Rivers just flows off the tongue don't it?

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

Finally got around to watching this game and whilst it's wrong to draw conclusions from one game my thoughts were:

Robertson - in everything but his best plays were smothers or clearances when Jackson put it down his throat, probably would've liked to have seen more creativity and class with the ball

Jackson - had some lovely taps and moves really well, but stands or walks around packs which I hate and then just doesn't get down the line to useful spots to get marks - both ahead of the ball and behind the ball. Marking in general looks suspect. Can get outreached at ball ups when he bodies up rather than jumps. 

Young - rough first half when he was caught inbetween defensively and under the pump with the ball but his kicking really looked great in the second half and he broke open the game

Kemp - similar to Young, nothing early then in everything in the 2nd half up forward

Serong - has some special moments with quick hands and quick feat and a nasty tackler

Henry - pure class as a mid, I think we'd bid for him with pick 8

Sharp - the combination of size (height/strength) and athleticism make him a lock on the wing, but kicking is hot/cold and contested game does not look strong. 2nd round pick.

Elijah Taylor - wow. Didn't touch it often but when he did it resulted in scores. So much class. Would be a huge gamble at pick 8 but you could talk me in to it. He cuts through traffic like a hot knife through butter and is a beautiful kick.

Trent Rivers - thought he was best on ground, particularly for the first half. Impeccable half back ball winner and user. Should he be in the conversation for top 10?

Just one thing to keep in mind with this game is he injured his shoulder in the 2nd quarter and played through it. His kicking did seem rushed (specifically in the 3rd quarter), so I am not sure how much this may have had to do with it. Didn't play again for the year after this game due to this injury. 

Also, you missed Flanders, what did you think of his game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Watts the matter said:

Just one thing to keep in mind with this game is he injured his shoulder in the 2nd quarter and played through it. His kicking did seem rushed (specifically in the 3rd quarter), so I am not sure how much this may have had to do with it. Didn't play again for the year after this game due to this injury. 

Also, you missed Flanders, what did you think of his game? 

Was mostly watching Robertson and Jackson at the stoppages but nothing really leapt out at me. 

The other thing I noticed was Weightman is an animal with his chase down tackles, should've had 2 or 3 holding the balls. Flies in to tackles with great intensity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    BACK IN STYLE by Whispering Jack

    From the moment when the Elton John character in the movie “Rocketman” burst into its opening scene dressed as a flamboyant demon on his way to an addiction rehabilitation session, the game was on. Here was yet another film about a person gifted with a meteoric rise to stardom finding coke, booze and a hedonistic lifestyle that led directly to a destructive crash into the abyss. Ultimately, these stories end in total disaster (“A Star is Born”, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “Judy”) but this one resulted

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2019

    PART ONE - OVERTURE  I have a disclaimer at the outset. I’m not a fan of the races - be they horses or motors of any kind. Once the final siren sounds on the football season, I find the month or so that follows and corresponds roughly with the Spring Racing Carnival to be the most boring time of the year for sports fans. You turn on the radio and you’re confronted by the monotonous drone of a self-proclaimed racing expert or by the nasally twang of an ex-jockey banging on about the equine p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 8

    CHANGES 2019 by The Oracle

    PART 1 - IT’S A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THIS TIME This year’s free agency, trade and draft period will see the usual drama and upheaval as the AFL’s 18 clubs seek to better their lists in order to challenge for finals and possibly premiership honours. Long before the final siren sounded on the season just over a week ago, the maneuvering was under way with player agents and clubs discussing possible player movements and in some cases, deals had already been done.  Yesterday, the r

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 2

    HOW FAR SOUTH? by George on the Outer

    It was appropriate that Melbourne was playing its last game of season 2019 in Hobart.  After all, how much further south could the team go? And much as it has done in many of the previous 22 games, the side managed to extract a loss from a winning position by simply giving the ball back to the opposition time and time again. In fact, they gave it back to the opposition to the tune of 53 points from turnovers while, by way of contrast North Melbourne contributed  only 17 points to their oppo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    COOKED by The Oracle

    I can vividly remember when the Demons ventured onto Blundstone Arena for the first time in early 2016 only to lose to the Kangaroos by 20.11.131 to 21.10.136.    Melbourne was then a team on the up and up: young, enthusiastic and bold. It gave up a huge quarter time deficit after kicking against a strong wind but made that up by half time and fell dramatically short after an exciting high scoring affair.  The team lost no fans that day - they were willing to take the game on and attac

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    HELP by KC rom Casey

    The Casey Demons finished off their home and away season against Frankston at Skybus Stadium on Sunday with a narrow, unconvincing 6-point victory that left the door slightly open for a top eight berth when the VFL finals begin in a fortnight’s time. While sunny skies prevailed over Frankston in the morning, the skies became overcast by noon and heavy waves pounded the bay nearby as the rains came in to greet the players as the game started. And conditions stayed dark and dreary for the rem

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS by George on the Outer

    Thanks, but no thanks! In a round where the club was supposed to thank their fans for the support during the year, the Melbourne Football Club chose to do otherwise with a 53 point loss to a team that sat 15th on the ladder.  Don’t give us cheap jumpers that can’t be sold in the Demon shop.  Don’t give us vouchers to shop there, give us something on the field, which is why we come to the football in the first place. It was a disgraceful performance, which started with a disgracefu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SLEEP OUT AT THE MCG by The Oracle

    Around about 12 months ago Melbourne and Sydney fought out an epic battle between two top eight teams fighting for the best possible ladder position in the lead up to the finals. The Swans triumphed by 9 points at the MCG after the Demons came back from five goals down at three quarter time. But for its poor kicking for goal, Melbourne might well have won the game and finished in the top four. Who knows what might then have happened for the club in September? As a consequence, the person re

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by KC from Casey

    Two clubs that have been hard hit by injury recently took part in a dour battle under dark clouds and, with intermittent showers falling, it wasn’t a pretty game at Victoria Park on Sunday. Despite all that, the Casey Demons added a little ray of sunshine to their day to get the job done over a "traditional" rival with a 15 point victory over Collingwood VFL that breathed life back into their season. There were a few highlights at the ground that in past days has seen many titanic batt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE RETRO ROUND by George on the Outer

    We have seen it all before… Yes, a wonderful idea to showcase what used to be in football.  Big crowds, umpires who knew how to apply the rules and not opinions, high marks, skilful players. But for the Melbourne supporters their retro is what it has been like for the past 10 years. Losing games, end on end, year after year.  Opportunities squandered in front of goal. VFL standard players running around at the MCG. Just more of the same, and the game against Collingwood was no ex

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Thanks to Demonlanders for their input into this week’s preview. Ralphius Maximus is short and bittersweet: We'll crack in at the bounce to create a contest, win our share of the ball, butcher the forward movement and get scored on easily from the intercepts. Not that hard to predict. Big Demon says: Unfortunately Collingwood will win because they have a lot more to play for. We will be good in parts but really the season is well over so we will have to put up with those bell

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHAT, NO BLOOD? by George on the Outer

    The feeling when turning up to the MCG on a Saturday night to play a top four side in Richmond, while the Melbourne sits cemented in close proximity to the bottom of the table is like attending the Colosseum in Ancient Roman times. The expectation is that a bloodbath is about to occur. There are 100,000 Richmond members and 50,000 Melbourne members, and despite the fact that it turned out to be a wet night after half-time, a crowd of only 37K bothered to turn up. That should never have happ

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

×
×
  • Create New...