Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Terry Wallace's Analysis of the Dees List

Demonland

Terry Wallace has never been a Melbourne fan. I think he gave Tom MAc very short shrift - his last 2 games before the injury which finally DID debilitate him - were sensational. I will never be convinced he didn't play injured before that. Wallace also doesn't seem to give a toss that McDonald, Lever, May, Jetta, Melksham, Hannan, J. Smith, Weidemann, Hibberd, T.Smith, Petty, Hore, Vandenberg, Oscar Mac,T.Smith, Swallow, etc etc spent a lot of the year either injured, incapacitated or in recovery mode. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dieter said:

Terry Wallace has never been a Melbourne fan. I think he gave Tom MAc very short shrift - his last 2 games before the injury which finally DID debilitate him - were sensational. I will never be convinced he didn't play injured before that. Wallace also doesn't seem to give a toss that McDonald, Lever, May, Jetta, Melksham, Hannan, J. Smith, Weidemann, Hibberd, T.Smith, Petty, Hore, Vandenberg, Oscar Mac,T.Smith, Swallow, etc etc spent a lot of the year either injured, incapacitated or in recovery mode. 

Agree. Listened to him on the way home and it sounded like him and Kornes were potting instead of analysing. Even took a swing at the fans for good measure.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, dieter said:

Meanwhile, Wallace believes four teams are leading the race for the premiership.

“The sides that I’m most confident of going into 2019 at the moment are Melbourne, Richmond, West Coast and Collingwood,” Wallace said.

“Those four are in and good luck to the rest of the boys, you’re fighting for the other spots.”

AFL legend Terry Wallace outlines teams that will improve, sink and swim in 2019

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, dieter said:

I wouldn't worry about it.

At the end of 2016, Kane Cornes said it was a dumb idea for Richmond to go after Dion Prestia because they aren't in the 'premiership window'. 

Fast forward three years and they've won two flags.

Most media people sensationalize everything to stay in the news as much as possible and Wallace is no different.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Meanwhile, Wallace believes four teams are leading the race for the premiership.

“The sides that I’m most confident of going into 2019 at the moment are Melbourne, Richmond, West Coast and Collingwood,” Wallace said.

“Those four are in and good luck to the rest of the boys, you’re fighting for the other spots.”

AFL legend Terry Wallace outlines teams that will improve, sink and swim in 2019

He got 2/4 in the prelims I guess.... he's a flo g though

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Collar-Jazz-Knee said:

He got 2/4 in the prelims I guess.... he's a flo g though

Meh. Don't really understand why people get so worked up about media people, let alone make personal comments about them.

Only thing stranger to me is people getting upset that a media person says Melbourne have been no good, when clearly we've been no good, and those same people would have said Melbourne are no good right here most likely.

• Like 2

Can’t argue much with that analysis. Club didn’t get out of 1st Gear

Why are we not into Papley? Goal Kicking, where is it coming from?

Wallace was a Demon Supporter growing up btw before he went to Whorethorn, so he isn’t a hater...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wallace is right.. Why are people getting so worked up when a media personality speaks the truth?

8 minutes ago, binman said:

Actually for me Wallace is one of the very few ex footballers whose analysis i rate (mick mcguane is another). 

Me too Bin, Wallace is one of very few I actually love listening too. I know Cornes polarises people, but in my opinion him and Wallace on trade radio is the best slot to listen out of all the slots.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, binman said:

Actually for me Wallace is one of the very few ex footballers whose analysis i rate (mick mcguane is another). 

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Wallace is right.. Why are people getting so worked up when a media personality speaks the truth?

Me too Bin, Wallace is one of very few I actually love listening too. I know Cornes polarises people, but in my opinion him and Wallace on trade radio is the best slot to listen out of all the slots.

Agree with you both...he's one of the few I take much notice of.

He might not always be right but he's always well reasoned and does his homework.

...and I don't mind Cornes, he's entertaining.

1 hour ago, dieter said:

Terry Wallace has never been a Melbourne fan.

Not true, he actually barracked for Melbourne as a kid...

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, rjay said:

Agree with you both...he's one of the few I take much notice of.

He might not always be right but he's always well reasoned and does his homework.

...and I don't mind Cornes, he's entertaining.

Not true, he actually barracked for Melbourne as a kid...

That's the big thing for me, he does his homework quite well and is well articulated. 

• Like 1

I don't understand they're line of reasoning when discussing our need for a key forward. They said "they lost Jesse Hogan last year, they traded out pick 6, Ben king a key forward, for a key defender in May, they traded out two first round picks for another defender in Lever"

Yeah that's because our key defensive stocks were rubbish. If we have used those draft picks on forwards they would be saying how abominable our key defensive stocks are. Can't have your cake and eat it. Just seems really shallow analysis with a lot of points that don't even make sense, not to those of us who follow the team closely anyway. For the average Joe blow they'll probably agree

A podcast I've found just yesterday which offers far greater analysis is the Lystics AFL Podcast, great listen even if just to listen to their take on other teams. Very thorough and they've done a 45 minute lisr analysis of each team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dieter said:

I sat next to Terry Wallace on a plane once and he informed me that he actually grew up supporting the Dees.

• Like 2

Back when I was in grade5  Wallace and another hawthorn bloke came to our primary school for a clinic.
Wallace of course did all the talking and my thoughts at the time that he was quite full of himself to the point of being abit of a folg for a bloke I'd never even heard of.
Turned out over the next few years he solidified his spot in the Hawthorn side as I watched on with interest. 
He hasn't changed much and I think back now and feel I was rather perceptive as a 10yr old.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I think our list is in good shape. We could do with another key forward. But overall, our list is capable of making finals. A problem I see is more in the coaching and our lack of strategy and structure - which is disappointing. But Goodwin may fix that, he is the man at the helm so he will get every chance to improve upon his weaknesses. In addition, for all our ruck dominance we could really sharpen up with our efficiency and effectiveness clearing the ball. Some pace and class off of the wings would really aid our delivery inside forward 50. Plenty of room for improvement. I think we have a good list with a lot of room for improvement.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

There's a trade radio?

Spare me

Not sure if this is in jest, but Trade Radio was the brainchild of Barret and Craig Hutchison. The original concept started out as just them two, before it got a lot bigger. It's been on for years, and grows larger every year.

Edited by AshleyH30
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, AshleyH30 said:

Not sure if this is in jest, but Trade Radio was the brainchild of Barret and Craig Hutchison. The original concept started out as just them two, before it got a lot bigger. It's been on for years, and grows larger every year.

Well, there you go

I can honestly say that I didn't know...I'll research more..SEN?

6 minutes ago, Tony Tea said:

Except when he was a Melbourne fan.

Just as there is no more fervent person than the newly converted, there is no more fervent hater  than those who leave a religion or whatever.  So I wouldn't rush to say that because he was a Demons supporter in the past that he can't he a hater now.   Not saying he is or is not, just that history may mean little.

2 minutes ago, sue said:

Just as there is no more fervent person than the newly converted, there is no more fervent hater  than those who leave a religion or whatever.  So I wouldn't rush to say that because he was a Demons supporter in the past that he can't he a hater now.   Not saying he is or is not, just that history may mean little.

You guys have too much time over-analysing and 2nd guessing motivation underlying opinion.

I was an MFC supporter before we got rid of Frost.  Do I love the club?  No I don't.  Do I hate it?  No I don't.  Does it and its supporters provide comic relief occasionally?  Yes it does.

When (and it is a big if) the MFC ever win a premiership, I have no right to celebrate it.  But I guarantee you that it will never win one unless it starts taking balsier, radical decisions that are brave and lead the competition; rather than the safe, follow-the-premiership-leader, conservative, private-school-boy, we-know-what-we-are-doing rubbish that I have been accustomed to in the prolonged era of mediocrity.

"Lets follow flag winning Hawthorn" in 2015, when the smart people (Hardwick and TGR) thought that Bevo's bulldogs had the answer with a new handball mantra.  Richmond used the bulldogs to model their current game-style.  They just superimposed it with bulk, toughness and forward transition and territory.  Meanwhile, Melbourne continued with one-gear plodders (most of the team), lightweights (Spargo, Wagner, Stretch), and wonder why we are 4-5 years away, again.

• Like 2

Regarding criticism of the fans for not being passionate enough, I’d be interested to know what Kornes thinks “tearing the place down” actually entails.

Protesting outside the club? We don’t even have a club house to protest outside of.

Contacting the club? Does Kornes somehow think the supporters haven’t done this? And how would he know how many have or haven’t done this?

Cancelling membership? Is that “tearing the place down”? Anyone doing that could just as easily be accused of having a lack of passion or dedication.

Phoning up talkback? I dare say plenty of Melbourne supporters have vented over the airwaves this year.

It just seems to be an empty criticism based on cliches about fanbases rather than anything real.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, TGR said:

You guys have too much time over-analysing and 2nd guessing motivation underlying opinion.

Strange that you say that in response to my saying that there is no point in analysing.  Or maybe were you agreeing with me?