Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Brendan McCartney on SEN

dazzledavey36

23 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Well, this forum is pretty much made up of two types. Those that excuse the last 55 years of failure and despair, giving pats on the back to paid employees of the Club for doing their jobs and the few of us that demand better. I was like the happy go lucky crowd for 50 years but, no more.

That'll serve you well. Best keep on demanding stuff into the internet ether.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Finishing 3rd in the B&F is a poor year?

Let's face it you could finish 3rd in the B& F this year and still have had a poor year. 

But I will say that I was pretty excited to see a bit of his explosiveness coming back at the backend of the season. He looks like he might be getting over the foot issues. That would be a relief and a real bonus. 

Edited by It's Time

1 hour ago, Sorry kids said:

Well, this forum is pretty much made up of two types. Those that excuse the last 55 years of failure and despair, giving pats on the back to paid employees of the Club for doing their jobs and the few of us that demand better. I was like the happy go lucky crowd for 50 years but, no more.

Sorry Kids, if that is your real name, many of us don't give a rats about the last 55 years and instead live in the present and the changes and improvements to be had in 2020. Sitting behind a keyboard using a silly name to take pot shots at a well respected senior coaching figure is not demanding better.

• Like 10

interesting interview, particularly about the fatigue and the lack of 'competitive' training to our core midfield group

he speaks very well

the stuff he says about our luck of competitive 'bruising mentality' was indicative of the malaise that set in - we knew we were cooked and we ran out of puff late in every game

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sorry kids said:

Well, this forum is pretty much made up of two types. 

Thanks for the appraisal, Mr poster-who-joined-all-the-way-back-in-March-this-year.

The forum is actually made up of many types, but a lot of the quality, nuanced analysis has disappeared this year amid the mountain of identical threads that are nothing but variations of "I'm sick of watching us lose / not win / other teams win etc etc"

It's a shame because there are some excellent posters whose commentary is well worth reading, but some of them have run for the hills and others are posting a lot less frequently. 

Edited by Grapeviney
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, chookrat said:

Sorry Kids, if that is your real name, many of us don't give a rats about the last 55 years and instead live in the present and the changes and improvements to be had in 2020. Sitting behind a keyboard using a silly name to take pot shots at a well respected senior coaching figure is not demanding better.

I do not give a rats about your opinion. 

Do you really think Sorry Kids is my name? Mmmm

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Grapeviney said:

Thanks for the insight, Mr poster-who-joined-all-the-way-back-in-March-this-year.

The forum is actually made up of many types, but a lot of the nuanced analysis has disappeared this year amid the mountain of identical threads that are nothing but variations of "I'm sick of watching us lose / not win / other teams win etc etc"

It's a shame because there are some excellent posters whose commentary is well worth reading, but some of them have run for the hills and others are posting a lot less frequently. 

Relevance of having joined in March please. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xiss said:

The most interesting thing he said was referring to younger players who will initially do anything for the team then sometimes stray from that ethos at the next stage of development. That's exactly what we saw this year

A lot gets said about the tiger's  system.  And rightfully so. It relies on everyone knowing their role, everyone executing their role and total trust from the team that all players will do so.

Goody is a systems man. I reckon there are some players who get games because they do what they are told to. They execute their role.

The comment from Macca in that interview marries up with Earle fascinating post that Macca told him at training that some of the young players were not following instructions on game day.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Grapeviney said:

Thanks for the appraisal, Mr poster-who-joined-all-the-way-back-in-March-this-year.

The forum is actually made up of many types, but a lot of the nuanced analysis has disappeared this year amid the mountain of identical threads that are nothing but variations of "I'm sick of watching us lose / not win / other teams win etc etc"

What's happened to our old mates in @Petraccattack and @dee-luded??

1 hour ago, chookrat said:

Doesnt everyone use a silly name to give there opinion on this site. In case the everyday keyboard warriors dont get it , not one word, not one post, not one 200 pages of a peticuler topic will ever make MFC any better, its just a place to catch up on some info. (Sorry kids if thats your real name. WTF) and if you were born in the mid sixties you might give a little bit more than a rats.

Being a joke for so long fu,,,king hurts mate.

3 minutes ago, demonzz said:

Doesnt everyone use a silly name to give there opinion on this site. In case the everyday keyboard warriors dont get it , not one word, not one post, not one 200 pages of a peticuler topic will ever make MFC any better, its just a place to catch up on some info. (Sorry kids if thats your real name. WTF) and if you were born in the mid sixties you might give a little bit more than a rats.

Not sure why you would think I dont give a rats about the Dees. I said I dont give a rats about anothers opinion. I have given a rats for 55 long years. Still beat true, never criticize or yell at players at the games, only encourage. However I have borderline contempt for those who have had power and control at the Club for most of my lifetime.

7 minutes ago, demonzz said:

Sorry can you repeat that. I'm not sure i get your meaning

4 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

When asked about the best leaders Macca said that Gawn and Viney were those most aligned to the team and totally invested in the direction of team.    

Macca commented on one aspect of leadership and I'm sure there are many other off-field aspects he is good at.

The leadership that fans are crying out for is on-field.  Leaders that have footy IQ, can read the play, help change momentum, ensure the game plan is followed, direct players to correct positions, ensure set plays are followed, bring recalcitrants into line etc etc.

Viney has not shown much in that regard and until he does he will be criticised for it, fairly in my view.

Damn, we should of retained that Lewis fellow.

Perhaps his influence may live on. Seriously, was that what Lewis was like at Viney's age, I think not.

Instant gratification to go with your instant criticism. Personally I think your view is less than 20/20

37 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Not sure why you would think I dont give a rats about the Dees. I said I dont give a rats about anothers opinion. I have given a rats for 55 long years. Still beat true, never criticize or yell at players at the games, only encourage. However I have borderline contempt for those who have had power and control at the Club for most of my lifetime.

Mate i wasnt replying  to you ffs

4 hours ago, Sorry kids said:

Viney just needs to learn there is more than one way for him individually or as a team to win the ball. At times he becomes predictable in his attack on the ball. His only response when losing is to charge in harder. Once he learns a bit more subtlety and added maturity he can be a very good role player.

Viney knows how to get the ball just about better than anyone. He doesn't need any advice or to change his approach at all.

It's his ability to cover ground, spread from stoppages and truly woeful disposal at times which is the problem. 

Unfortunately, he has been injured far too often and it won't surprise me to hear post career about how many games he fought through pain. He would be brilliant with a good run but like VDB, I doubt he will ever get it due to the way he plays. But I have to say that I'm [censored] sick of posters asking for him to be traded.

Is he the best leader judging by the outside? No, probably not.

Is he a leader. Yes. Undeniably.

Should a team who lack leadership and have a reputation for being soft trade their captain who would run through brick walls for the club?

No. And he certainly doesn't need to change the way he gets the ball.

Edited by BAMF
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BAMF said:

Yeah, he does...

Sometimes he would be better off leaving it to someone in a better position than him.

He should be either clearing the path or making position for the next possession.

His see ball get ball approach needs to be tempered with what is best for the team.

When he can do this he will be a better player and better leader.

Edited by rjay
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, BAMF said:

Viney knows how to get the ball just about better than anyone. He doesn't need any advice or to change his approach at all.

It's his ability to cover ground, spread from stoppages and truly woeful disposal at times which is the problem. 

Unfortunately, he has been injured far too often and it won't surprise me to hear post career about how many games he fought through pain. He would be brilliant with a good run but like VDB, I doubt he will ever get it due to the way he plays. But I have to say that I'm [censored] sick of posters asking for him to be traded.

Is he the best leader judging by the outside? No, probably not.

Is he a leader. Yes. Undeniably.

Should a team who lack leadership and have a reputation for being soft trade their captain who would run through brick walls for the club?

Much more to leadership and good play than trying to run through brick walls which is exactly what Jack tries to do some times. End result he gets the ball under extreme pressure and disposes of it to our disadvantage. We gotta be smarter, better set up  and more skilled to complement hardness.