Jump to content

Demonland

Post Season Members Forum

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, The Chazz said:

What are your questions, Saty?

Just curious to know where you are at with the state of the club/2019 season.

One of the questions I already asked

'Having watched most of pre season training and seeing how much physical preparation was put into the players, including the rehabbers, was it mental preparedness that was lacking.

Having such a young group in terms of both age and games experience, after the high of the previous season did they start this one just expecting things to happen

And how do we stop a repeat'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A big problem for mine about this kind of thing is that whilst it seemingly caters to the protestations etc of the proletariat unless there is some sort of impartial overseeing working party that would  firstly assemble the concerns from the evening and secondly have some sort of ability to oversee and adjudicate the actual working responses ...then to quote a well known sage here the club is  "all mouth and trousers "

i.e  a feel good /venting occasion after which the club goes on its merry way irregardless

It's all a bit like the bistro version of the "summit"

You can bet Bernard and Humprey are fine-tuning the prepared responses even now.

Go Dees

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

A big problem for mine about this kind of thing is that whilst it seemingly caters to the protestations etc of the proletariat unless there is some sort of impartial overseeing working party that would  firstly assemble the concerns from the evening and secondly have some sort of ability to oversee and adjudicate the actual working responses ...then to quote a well known sage here the club is  "all mouth and trousers "

i.e  a feel good /venting occasion after which the club goes on its merry way irregardless

It's all a bit like the bistro version of the "summit"

You can bet Bernard and Humprey are fine-tuning the prepared responses even now.

Go Dees

So the Club attempts something and you just [censored] on it, besides which Bernard would acquiesce to Humphrey, irregardless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Satyriconhome said:

So the Club attempts something and you just [censored] on it, besides which Bernard would acquiesce to Humphrey, irregardless 

Thankyou thankyou  thankyou

Are you seriously incapable of deductive reasoning. Do you SERIOUSLY believe the club is either going to answer in a meaningful way or even a timely manner any REAL concerns anyone is going to broach ?  The answers will be in generalisations, there will be well disguised platitudes.

The more I think about it this is a damage control exercise..nothing more. we face the possibility of an exodus of membership in the 10's of thousands and that is HUGE money. Yep call me cynical.

The Club doesnt need to do any of this forum rubbish.. It just needs to get on with what it ought to know how to do. It's not like this game was just invented last week...and by someone else.

The evening will cost money...better spent elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

One of the questions I already asked

'Having watched most of pre season training and seeing how much physical preparation was put into the players, including the rehabbers, was it mental preparedness that was lacking.

Having such a young group in terms of both age and games experience, after the high of the previous season did they start this one just expecting things to happen

And how do we stop a repeat'

Interesting questions, and thanks for replying.

With regards to Question 1 - perhaps why the physical preparation looked greater was the the players cam back underdone, thus meaning they weren't physically prepared beforehand?

Your second question is an interesting point, but I'd like to see it asked regarding the senior players.  Did they just think it would happen, thus turning up underdone, then setting the standard for the younger players.  From where I stood, I think a majority of our senior players were very poor all year.

Your third question is bang on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

A big problem for mine about this kind of thing is that whilst it seemingly caters to the protestations etc of the proletariat unless there is some sort of impartial overseeing working party that would  firstly assemble the concerns from the evening and secondly have some sort of ability to oversee and adjudicate the actual working responses ...then to quote a well known sage here the club is  "all mouth and trousers "

i.e  a feel good /venting occasion after which the club goes on its merry way irregardless

It's all a bit like the bistro version of the "summit"

You can bet Bernard and Humprey are fine-tuning the prepared responses even now.

Go Dees

Hey Beezlebub there you go again bashing the Club and leaders and criticising no matter what they do.  When Roosy talked about the veil of negativity he was probably talking about you.  Why don't you go along and disclose who you are.  I suspect you will be well known as a former director/staffer who is disgruntled and was either sacked or asked to step down!  We are a membership Club and good on Pert etc for engaging with their members - don't have to do this.  Looking at all the other changes/work they have on and have in front of them they have plenty else to do.  Of course I think this is something only someone like you would support after a GF or where back slapping is involved.  There is an idea why don't you front up and lift your cover - oh I suspect plenty of people on here have already worked out who you are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Russell said:

Hey Beezlebub there you go again bashing the Club and leaders and criticising no matter what they do.  When Roosy talked about the veil of negativity he was probably talking about you.  Why don't you go along and disclose who you are.  I suspect you will be well known as a former director/staffer who is disgruntled and was either sacked or asked to step down!  We are a membership Club and good on Pert etc for engaging with their members - don't have to do this.  Looking at all the other changes/work they have on and have in front of them they have plenty else to do.  Of course I think this is something only someone like you would support after a GF or where back slapping is involved.  There is an idea why don't you front up and lift your cover - oh I suspect plenty of people on here have already worked out who you are.

hilariious this little yappy lapdog comes out all the times when ever someone says boo about the club.

Question...what does it REALLY achieve.. this forum.??  In simple terms..what will change for it...as opposed that it didnt occur.

Im not bashing the club...Im just having a go at all of its lame agendas and achievement (read,,NONE )

So little dogman..run along and chew your bone 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jnrmac said:

That'll fix things. You must be another pea-heart that is happy to accept mediocrity year after year

Pea heart eh, thanks. I have already spoken to 3 board members and 2 members of the football department and let them know how I feel about matters, I usually speak face to face to sort things out, but if you want to attack the club anonymously all the time type your little hands away.

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

Pea heart eh, thanks. I have already spoken to 3 board members and 2 members of the football department and let them know how I feel about matters, I usually speak face to face to sort things out, but if you want to attack the club anonymously all the time type your little hands away.

by way of interest....what did they reply ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

Pea heart eh, thanks. I have already spoken to 3 board members and 2 members of the football department and let them know how I feel about matters, I usually speak face to face to sort things out, but if you want to attack the club anonymously all the time type your little hands away.

5 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

See that's where you are wrong, I like a lot of others, post crap on here, but for the life of me couldn't keep the constant whingeing up, repeating the same statement 45 different ways in each thread

Already asked a couple of questions before season end, but would not put reply on here, because I asked the question

Will wait with interest to see how many from here actually have the kahunas to stand up and ask a question, if past AGM are anything to go by, not many

To use the English vernacular ' all mouth and trousers'

Question   Why was Goodwin given a 3 year extension with such urgency?

Answer     We had linear growth over the period, two finals victories and we wanted to secure him before he was approached by other Clubs. We believe he is a very fine coach.

Thanks for you question.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

Pea heart eh, thanks. I have already spoken to 3 board members and 2 members of the football department and let them know how I feel about matters, I usually speak face to face to sort things out, but if you want to attack the club anonymously all the time type your little hands away.

Close enough to speak to 3 board members and 2 members of the football department but didn’t know who the Head of List Management was? Interesting. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Question   Why was Goodwin given a 3 year extension with such urgency?

Answer     We had linear growth over the period, two finals victories and we wanted to secure him before he was approached by other Clubs. We believe he is a very fine coach.

Thanks for you question.

I thought you were picking fruit, did you fall out of the tree.

 

5 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

by way of interest....what did they reply ?

Without divulging who I spoke to or exact answers, all I will say is that certain areas of the club including the football department required urgent action taken and that they are confident that the process they are going thru at the moment will address those problems, time will tell I suppose. They are not stupid, they realize the ramifications if these areas aren't taken care of.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ethan Tremblay said:

Close enough to speak to 3 board members and 2 members of the football department but didn’t know who the Head of List Management was? Interesting. 

That's the way it goes sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, drysdale demon said:

I thought you were picking fruit, did you fall out of the tree.

 

Without divulging who I spoke to or exact answers, all I will say is that certain areas of the club including the football department required urgent action taken and that they are confident that the process they are going thru at the moment will address those problems, time will tell I suppose. They are not stupid, they realize the ramifications if these areas aren't taken care of.

Poor old drysdale, I left him clear instructions on how to pick fruit . Now weeks later he says," i thought you were doing the picking?"Put him in the starting 18. he will fit right in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Chazz said:

Interesting questions, and thanks for replying.

With regards to Question 1 - perhaps why the physical preparation looked greater was the the players cam back underdone, thus meaning they weren't physically prepared beforehand?

Your second question is an interesting point, but I'd like to see it asked regarding the senior players.  Did they just think it would happen, thus turning up underdone, then setting the standard for the younger players.  From where I stood, I think a majority of our senior players were very poor all year.

Your third question is bang on.

No players came back underdone, they don't dare these days

I have continually said I thought the physical preparation was similar to every year and shouldn't be used as an excuse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

No players came back underdone, they don't dare these days

I have continually said I thought the physical preparation was similar to every year and shouldn't be used as an excuse

Goodwin said himself that May came back underdone. 

"He'll get his rewards if he keeps working hard and stays in good shape. But he certainly won't be coming back to pre-season in that nick again, that's for sure."

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Thankyou thankyou  thankyou

Are you seriously incapable of deductive reasoning. Do you SERIOUSLY believe the club is either going to answer in a meaningful way or even a timely manner any REAL concerns anyone is going to broach ?  The answers will be in generalisations, there will be well disguised platitudes.

The more I think about it this is a damage control exercise..nothing more. we face the possibility of an exodus of membership in the 10's of thousands and that is HUGE money. Yep call me cynical.

The Club doesnt need to do any of this forum rubbish.. It just needs to get on with what it ought to know how to do. It's not like this game was just invented last week...and by someone else.

The evening will cost money...better spent elsewhere.

You are certainly writing a lot of words about something you consider worthless and a waste of time or it just gives you a chance to troll posters, is that right my ol faux tough guy

Same as @dazzledavey36 given up sending personally abusive PM so only slept through the thread

Turn up and ask your questions, you can decide on the answers then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ethan Tremblay said:

Goodwin said himself that May came back underdone. 

May was Gold Coast fit, one of the issues they have, not used to all the running

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vineytime said:

If like to ask why wasn’t the 2018 preliminary final loss reviewed??

 

Something about it not being our ‘brand’... Well it was certainly our brand for the entire 2019 season. Perhaps a question is, in hindsight do you think you should have reviewed it Simon? (Personally I think he must have, for some reason he’s sticking to the story that he didn’t).

Another question, what lead to so many players requiring post season surgery? Was it the game style, bad luck or something else? We had our fair whack of injuries this season too, but I’d put that down to underdone players (which apparently then were none...).

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

You are certainly writing a lot of words about something you consider worthless and a waste of time or it just gives you a chance to troll posters, is that right my ol faux tough guy

Same as @dazzledavey36 given up sending personally abusive PM so only slept through the thread

Turn up and ask your questions, you can decide on the answers then

Ill ask you exactly the same question I asked dogman

And i'm quite serious. What do you consider would be the outcomes from this forum that may occur that would not had it not taken place ?

as to trolling...you seem to not be noticing its the other way around.  Each to their own.

In my view the forum is a public relations ruse. It goes hand in hand with trotting out Simon and his waltz on the wild side  of" who really cares...results speak louder"

This is a softening up exercise by the club. You wont like that type of viewpoint. My only wish is for the club to get serious about being ultra-competitive and successful Who accomplished that for the MFC ..either Office or Players is of absolute no interest to me in terms of personality etc. I've noticed over the years, you and your ilk are far more engaged with the packaging....I care about the contents.

So again, how are we better off come that first bounce in season 2020 for having this feel good frolic ??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps Dlanders could prepare a list of questions. They could be refined through comment to ensure no Dorothy Dix answers and an insistence on answers from the club not from other Dlanders.

This can be done to allow those of us who are a bit remote and cannot attend an opportunity to have our question directed to the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I8

8 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Holy cow. Are looking for a tattoo on your forehead?

And do you really think in 2017 we "probably" should have made finals? When we had to beat Collingwood in the last round (who were 13th) and yet we couldn't even lay a tackle inside the first 15 minutes.

I'm renaming you Neville Chamberlain, the appeaser.

And when you exhort people to have "faith" the evidence would strongly suggest that it is somewhat futile. We won 5 games this year, 3 under 1 goal! What are you pinning your faith on exactly?

My expectations for 2017 were to make first week of finals, and for 2018 to make second week of finals based on our progression since 2014 and the profile of our list. We underachieved in 2017 and overachieved in 2018 based on MY expectations.

2019 was clearly a massive underperformance but whether it is indicative of what this list will achieve won't be known until we see how they perform next year. If we kill it next year, finish top 4 and compete for a flag then the list, over a period of time, won't be seen to have underachieved. If we bottom out again, miss or just scrape into finals then it will be an underachievement for the list over a period of time.

I don't get what is so hard to comprehend about all that but I guess it easier to get all hot under the collar, throw a tantrum, name call and accuse others of "accepting mediocrity" whatever that means.

Other than raging on an internet forum what do you (and others like you) do different to me to not accept mediocrity?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jack Russell said:

Hey Beezlebub there you go again bashing the Club and leaders and criticising no matter what they do.  When Roosy talked about the veil of negativity he was probably talking about you.  Why don't you go along and disclose who you are.  I suspect you will be well known as a former director/staffer who is disgruntled and was either sacked or asked to step down!  We are a membership Club and good on Pert etc for engaging with their members - don't have to do this.  Looking at all the other changes/work they have on and have in front of them they have plenty else to do.  Of course I think this is something only someone like you would support after a GF or where back slapping is involved.  There is an idea why don't you front up and lift your cover - oh I suspect plenty of people on here have already worked out who you are.

That's a rubbish post mate, people are allowed to be cynical of the ability of the club's leaders and question their decisions without having ulterior motives and axes to grind

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2019

    PART ONE - OVERTURE  I have a disclaimer at the outset. I’m not a fan of the races - be they horses or motors of any kind. Once the final siren sounds on the football season, I find the month or so that follows and corresponds roughly with the Spring Racing Carnival to be the most boring time of the year for sports fans. You turn on the radio and you’re confronted by the monotonous drone of a self-proclaimed racing expert or by the nasally twang of an ex-jockey banging on about the equine p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 8

    CHANGES 2019 by The Oracle

    PART 1 - IT’S A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THIS TIME This year’s free agency, trade and draft period will see the usual drama and upheaval as the AFL’s 18 clubs seek to better their lists in order to challenge for finals and possibly premiership honours. Long before the final siren sounded on the season just over a week ago, the maneuvering was under way with player agents and clubs discussing possible player movements and in some cases, deals had already been done.  Yesterday, the r

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 1

    HOW FAR SOUTH? by George on the Outer

    It was appropriate that Melbourne was playing its last game of season 2019 in Hobart.  After all, how much further south could the team go? And much as it has done in many of the previous 22 games, the side managed to extract a loss from a winning position by simply giving the ball back to the opposition time and time again. In fact, they gave it back to the opposition to the tune of 53 points from turnovers while, by way of contrast North Melbourne contributed  only 17 points to their oppo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    COOKED by The Oracle

    I can vividly remember when the Demons ventured onto Blundstone Arena for the first time in early 2016 only to lose to the Kangaroos by 20.11.131 to 21.10.136.    Melbourne was then a team on the up and up: young, enthusiastic and bold. It gave up a huge quarter time deficit after kicking against a strong wind but made that up by half time and fell dramatically short after an exciting high scoring affair.  The team lost no fans that day - they were willing to take the game on and attac

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    HELP by KC rom Casey

    The Casey Demons finished off their home and away season against Frankston at Skybus Stadium on Sunday with a narrow, unconvincing 6-point victory that left the door slightly open for a top eight berth when the VFL finals begin in a fortnight’s time. While sunny skies prevailed over Frankston in the morning, the skies became overcast by noon and heavy waves pounded the bay nearby as the rains came in to greet the players as the game started. And conditions stayed dark and dreary for the rem

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS by George on the Outer

    Thanks, but no thanks! In a round where the club was supposed to thank their fans for the support during the year, the Melbourne Football Club chose to do otherwise with a 53 point loss to a team that sat 15th on the ladder.  Don’t give us cheap jumpers that can’t be sold in the Demon shop.  Don’t give us vouchers to shop there, give us something on the field, which is why we come to the football in the first place. It was a disgraceful performance, which started with a disgracefu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SLEEP OUT AT THE MCG by The Oracle

    Around about 12 months ago Melbourne and Sydney fought out an epic battle between two top eight teams fighting for the best possible ladder position in the lead up to the finals. The Swans triumphed by 9 points at the MCG after the Demons came back from five goals down at three quarter time. But for its poor kicking for goal, Melbourne might well have won the game and finished in the top four. Who knows what might then have happened for the club in September? As a consequence, the person re

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by KC from Casey

    Two clubs that have been hard hit by injury recently took part in a dour battle under dark clouds and, with intermittent showers falling, it wasn’t a pretty game at Victoria Park on Sunday. Despite all that, the Casey Demons added a little ray of sunshine to their day to get the job done over a "traditional" rival with a 15 point victory over Collingwood VFL that breathed life back into their season. There were a few highlights at the ground that in past days has seen many titanic batt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE RETRO ROUND by George on the Outer

    We have seen it all before… Yes, a wonderful idea to showcase what used to be in football.  Big crowds, umpires who knew how to apply the rules and not opinions, high marks, skilful players. But for the Melbourne supporters their retro is what it has been like for the past 10 years. Losing games, end on end, year after year.  Opportunities squandered in front of goal. VFL standard players running around at the MCG. Just more of the same, and the game against Collingwood was no ex

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Thanks to Demonlanders for their input into this week’s preview. Ralphius Maximus is short and bittersweet: We'll crack in at the bounce to create a contest, win our share of the ball, butcher the forward movement and get scored on easily from the intercepts. Not that hard to predict. Big Demon says: Unfortunately Collingwood will win because they have a lot more to play for. We will be good in parts but really the season is well over so we will have to put up with those bell

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHAT, NO BLOOD? by George on the Outer

    The feeling when turning up to the MCG on a Saturday night to play a top four side in Richmond, while the Melbourne sits cemented in close proximity to the bottom of the table is like attending the Colosseum in Ancient Roman times. The expectation is that a bloodbath is about to occur. There are 100,000 Richmond members and 50,000 Melbourne members, and despite the fact that it turned out to be a wet night after half-time, a crowd of only 37K bothered to turn up. That should never have happ

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    A MAN’S ERRAND by KC from Casey

    A young and undermanned Casey Demons were sent out on Saturday to the Swinburne Centre in the shadows of the MCG on a man’s errand against a very experienced Richmond VFL combination which is the clear ladder leader and fielded no less than 18 AFL listed players. It was expected to be a rout and the Tigers made easy work of it in the early stages when they held a 26 point lead by quarter time. To their credit however, the Demons weathered the storm and kept their opponents within the range

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

×
×
  • Create New...