• Podcast:     

• Podcast:     

Post Season Members Forum

22 hours ago, The Chazz said:

What are your questions, Saty?

Just curious to know where you are at with the state of the club/2019 season.

One of the questions I already asked

'Having watched most of pre season training and seeing how much physical preparation was put into the players, including the rehabbers, was it mental preparedness that was lacking.

Having such a young group in terms of both age and games experience, after the high of the previous season did they start this one just expecting things to happen

And how do we stop a repeat'

• Like 1
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good idea dp. I won't be able to make it, but my queries are: 1. Joel Smith did not play all year after being left on the ground in a practice match clearly injured. Convince me this was not inco

Instead of banging on here all the time about how bad the club is, toodle off to the meeting and ask a few questions.

Any chance that people asking questions could announce their Demonland user name?

Posted Images

A big problem for mine about this kind of thing is that whilst it seemingly caters to the protestations etc of the proletariat unless there is some sort of impartial overseeing working party that would  firstly assemble the concerns from the evening and secondly have some sort of ability to oversee and adjudicate the actual working responses ...then to quote a well known sage here the club is  "all mouth and trousers "

i.e  a feel good /venting occasion after which the club goes on its merry way irregardless

It's all a bit like the bistro version of the "summit"

You can bet Bernard and Humprey are fine-tuning the prepared responses even now.

Go Dees

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

A big problem for mine about this kind of thing is that whilst it seemingly caters to the protestations etc of the proletariat unless there is some sort of impartial overseeing working party that would  firstly assemble the concerns from the evening and secondly have some sort of ability to oversee and adjudicate the actual working responses ...then to quote a well known sage here the club is  "all mouth and trousers "

i.e  a feel good /venting occasion after which the club goes on its merry way irregardless

You can bet Bernard and Humprey are fine-tuning the prepared responses even now.

Go Dees

So the Club attempts something and you just [censored] on it, besides which Bernard would acquiesce to Humphrey, irregardless 

Just now, Satyriconhome said:

So the Club attempts something and you just [censored] on it, besides which Bernard would acquiesce to Humphrey, irregardless 

Thankyou thankyou  thankyou

Are you seriously incapable of deductive reasoning. Do you SERIOUSLY believe the club is either going to answer in a meaningful way or even a timely manner any REAL concerns anyone is going to broach ?  The answers will be in generalisations, there will be well disguised platitudes.

The more I think about it this is a damage control exercise..nothing more. we face the possibility of an exodus of membership in the 10's of thousands and that is HUGE money. Yep call me cynical.

The Club doesnt need to do any of this forum rubbish.. It just needs to get on with what it ought to know how to do. It's not like this game was just invented last week...and by someone else.

The evening will cost money...better spent elsewhere.

47 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

One of the questions I already asked

'Having watched most of pre season training and seeing how much physical preparation was put into the players, including the rehabbers, was it mental preparedness that was lacking.

Having such a young group in terms of both age and games experience, after the high of the previous season did they start this one just expecting things to happen

And how do we stop a repeat'

Interesting questions, and thanks for replying.

With regards to Question 1 - perhaps why the physical preparation looked greater was the the players cam back underdone, thus meaning they weren't physically prepared beforehand?

Your second question is an interesting point, but I'd like to see it asked regarding the senior players.  Did they just think it would happen, thus turning up underdone, then setting the standard for the younger players.  From where I stood, I think a majority of our senior players were very poor all year.

Your third question is bang on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Go Dees

Hey Beezlebub there you go again bashing the Club and leaders and criticising no matter what they do.  When Roosy talked about the veil of negativity he was probably talking about you.  Why don't you go along and disclose who you are.  I suspect you will be well known as a former director/staffer who is disgruntled and was either sacked or asked to step down!  We are a membership Club and good on Pert etc for engaging with their members - don't have to do this.  Looking at all the other changes/work they have on and have in front of them they have plenty else to do.  Of course I think this is something only someone like you would support after a GF or where back slapping is involved.  There is an idea why don't you front up and lift your cover - oh I suspect plenty of people on here have already worked out who you are.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jack Russell said:

Hey Beezlebub there you go again bashing the Club and leaders and criticising no matter what they do.  When Roosy talked about the veil of negativity he was probably talking about you.  Why don't you go along and disclose who you are.  I suspect you will be well known as a former director/staffer who is disgruntled and was either sacked or asked to step down!  We are a membership Club and good on Pert etc for engaging with their members - don't have to do this.  Looking at all the other changes/work they have on and have in front of them they have plenty else to do.  Of course I think this is something only someone like you would support after a GF or where back slapping is involved.  There is an idea why don't you front up and lift your cover - oh I suspect plenty of people on here have already worked out who you are.

hilariious this little yappy lapdog comes out all the times when ever someone says boo about the club.

Question...what does it REALLY achieve.. this forum.??  In simple terms..what will change for it...as opposed that it didnt occur.

Im not bashing the club...Im just having a go at all of its lame agendas and achievement (read,,NONE )

So little dogman..run along and chew your bone 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, jnrmac said:

That'll fix things. You must be another pea-heart that is happy to accept mediocrity year after year

Pea heart eh, thanks. I have already spoken to 3 board members and 2 members of the football department and let them know how I feel about matters, I usually speak face to face to sort things out, but if you want to attack the club anonymously all the time type your little hands away.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

Pea heart eh, thanks. I have already spoken to 3 board members and 2 members of the football department and let them know how I feel about matters, I usually speak face to face to sort things out, but if you want to attack the club anonymously all the time type your little hands away.

by way of interest....what did they reply ?

8 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

5 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

See that's where you are wrong, I like a lot of others, post crap on here, but for the life of me couldn't keep the constant whingeing up, repeating the same statement 45 different ways in each thread

Already asked a couple of questions before season end, but would not put reply on here, because I asked the question

Will wait with interest to see how many from here actually have the kahunas to stand up and ask a question, if past AGM are anything to go by, not many

To use the English vernacular ' all mouth and trousers'

Question   Why was Goodwin given a 3 year extension with such urgency?

Answer     We had linear growth over the period, two finals victories and we wanted to secure him before he was approached by other Clubs. We believe he is a very fine coach.

Thanks for you question.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

Close enough to speak to 3 board members and 2 members of the football department but didn’t know who the Head of List Management was? Interesting. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Question   Why was Goodwin given a 3 year extension with such urgency?

Answer     We had linear growth over the period, two finals victories and we wanted to secure him before he was approached by other Clubs. We believe he is a very fine coach.

Thanks for you question.

I thought you were picking fruit, did you fall out of the tree.

5 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

by way of interest....what did they reply ?

Without divulging who I spoke to or exact answers, all I will say is that certain areas of the club including the football department required urgent action taken and that they are confident that the process they are going thru at the moment will address those problems, time will tell I suppose. They are not stupid, they realize the ramifications if these areas aren't taken care of.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, drysdale demon said:

I thought you were picking fruit, did you fall out of the tree.

Without divulging who I spoke to or exact answers, all I will say is that certain areas of the club including the football department required urgent action taken and that they are confident that the process they are going thru at the moment will address those problems, time will tell I suppose. They are not stupid, they realize the ramifications if these areas aren't taken care of.

Poor old drysdale, I left him clear instructions on how to pick fruit . Now weeks later he says," i thought you were doing the picking?"Put him in the starting 18. he will fit right in.

4 hours ago, The Chazz said:

Interesting questions, and thanks for replying.

With regards to Question 1 - perhaps why the physical preparation looked greater was the the players cam back underdone, thus meaning they weren't physically prepared beforehand?

Your second question is an interesting point, but I'd like to see it asked regarding the senior players.  Did they just think it would happen, thus turning up underdone, then setting the standard for the younger players.  From where I stood, I think a majority of our senior players were very poor all year.

Your third question is bang on.

No players came back underdone, they don't dare these days

I have continually said I thought the physical preparation was similar to every year and shouldn't be used as an excuse

4 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

No players came back underdone, they don't dare these days

I have continually said I thought the physical preparation was similar to every year and shouldn't be used as an excuse

Goodwin said himself that May came back underdone. 

"He'll get his rewards if he keeps working hard and stays in good shape. But he certainly won't be coming back to pre-season in that nick again, that's for sure."

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Thankyou thankyou  thankyou

Are you seriously incapable of deductive reasoning. Do you SERIOUSLY believe the club is either going to answer in a meaningful way or even a timely manner any REAL concerns anyone is going to broach ?  The answers will be in generalisations, there will be well disguised platitudes.

The more I think about it this is a damage control exercise..nothing more. we face the possibility of an exodus of membership in the 10's of thousands and that is HUGE money. Yep call me cynical.

The Club doesnt need to do any of this forum rubbish.. It just needs to get on with what it ought to know how to do. It's not like this game was just invented last week...and by someone else.

The evening will cost money...better spent elsewhere.

You are certainly writing a lot of words about something you consider worthless and a waste of time or it just gives you a chance to troll posters, is that right my ol faux tough guy

Same as @dazzledavey36 given up sending personally abusive PM so only slept through the thread

Turn up and ask your questions, you can decide on the answers then

2 hours ago, Vineytime said:

If like to ask why wasn’t the 2018 preliminary final loss reviewed??

Something about it not being our ‘brand’... Well it was certainly our brand for the entire 2019 season. Perhaps a question is, in hindsight do you think you should have reviewed it Simon? (Personally I think he must have, for some reason he’s sticking to the story that he didn’t).

Another question, what lead to so many players requiring post season surgery? Was it the game style, bad luck or something else? We had our fair whack of injuries this season too, but I’d put that down to underdone players (which apparently then were none...).

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
9 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

You are certainly writing a lot of words about something you consider worthless and a waste of time or it just gives you a chance to troll posters, is that right my ol faux tough guy

Same as @dazzledavey36 given up sending personally abusive PM so only slept through the thread

Turn up and ask your questions, you can decide on the answers then

Ill ask you exactly the same question I asked dogman

And i'm quite serious. What do you consider would be the outcomes from this forum that may occur that would not had it not taken place ?

as to trolling...you seem to not be noticing its the other way around.  Each to their own.

In my view the forum is a public relations ruse. It goes hand in hand with trotting out Simon and his waltz on the wild side  of" who really cares...results speak louder"

This is a softening up exercise by the club. You wont like that type of viewpoint. My only wish is for the club to get serious about being ultra-competitive and successful Who accomplished that for the MFC ..either Office or Players is of absolute no interest to me in terms of personality etc. I've noticed over the years, you and your ilk are far more engaged with the packaging....I care about the contents.

So again, how are we better off come that first bounce in season 2020 for having this feel good frolic ??

• Like 2

Perhaps Dlanders could prepare a list of questions. They could be refined through comment to ensure no Dorothy Dix answers and an insistence on answers from the club not from other Dlanders.

This can be done to allow those of us who are a bit remote and cannot attend an opportunity to have our question directed to the club.

I8

8 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Holy cow. Are looking for a tattoo on your forehead?

And do you really think in 2017 we "probably" should have made finals? When we had to beat Collingwood in the last round (who were 13th) and yet we couldn't even lay a tackle inside the first 15 minutes.

I'm renaming you Neville Chamberlain, the appeaser.

And when you exhort people to have "faith" the evidence would strongly suggest that it is somewhat futile. We won 5 games this year, 3 under 1 goal! What are you pinning your faith on exactly?

My expectations for 2017 were to make first week of finals, and for 2018 to make second week of finals based on our progression since 2014 and the profile of our list. We underachieved in 2017 and overachieved in 2018 based on MY expectations.

2019 was clearly a massive underperformance but whether it is indicative of what this list will achieve won't be known until we see how they perform next year. If we kill it next year, finish top 4 and compete for a flag then the list, over a period of time, won't be seen to have underachieved. If we bottom out again, miss or just scrape into finals then it will be an underachievement for the list over a period of time.

I don't get what is so hard to comprehend about all that but I guess it easier to get all hot under the collar, throw a tantrum, name call and accuse others of "accepting mediocrity" whatever that means.

Other than raging on an internet forum what do you (and others like you) do different to me to not accept mediocrity?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jack Russell said:

That's a rubbish post mate, people are allowed to be cynical of the ability of the club's leaders and question their decisions without having ulterior motives and axes to grind

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1