Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Farewell Sam Frost

Demon Forever

On 10/22/2019 at 7:02 AM, Fifty-5 said:

Does Frost get in this 22? Patton presumably replaces O'Brien or Lewis.

Best 22 in 2019 if everyone was available
B: Jack Scrimshaw, James Frawley, Ben Stratton
HB: Blake Hardwick, James Sicily, Jarman Impey
? Isaac Smith, Tom Mitchell, Ricky Henderson
HF: Chad Wingard, Tim O'Brien, Jack Gunston
F: Paul Puopolo, Mitch Lewis, Luke Breust
Foll: Ben McEvoy, Jaeger O'Meara, James Worpel
I/C: Shaun Burgoyne, Tom Scully, Liam Shiels, Jon Ceglar

Slots in at CHB. Push Sicily to the flank to play the interceptor,  Impey misses with ACL.

• Like 3

On 10/18/2019 at 9:49 PM, hemingway said:

Let’s wait and see what happens at Hawthorn but at the moment it just seems like a dumb decision. And if Frost does well at Hawthorn it will be a poor reflection on our coaches and footy dept. Very disappointing. 

Fully agree with these sentiments, hemingway. Yet another poor reflection on our coaches and footy department staff as it is - he was our best and most-attacking backman all season. The McDonald duo - with one of them holding the club to ransom over the maintenance of a useless career of the other - strikes again. Goodwin falls for it. Frosty was thus rendered 'excessive to needs' despite proving himself time and again with increasingly effective backline work. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MaysSoreGroin said:

What team in their right mind trades their fastest speedster?. It'll finally click for Frost within a couple of years, and he's going to embarrass us when we meet Hawthorn. Honestly, all the best Frosty.

I hear you sister.

What team trades their fastest speedster?  You'd think it would be a quickish team with several line breakers.  That ain't us.

A putrid decision by a panicked FD that have one hail mary at their disposal.

• Love 1

Frost will do well at Hawthorn.  He will be taught the Hawthorn way: their defenders don't often go on a sprint preferring a short hand ball or short kick sideways.  He will be told: defend first (don't leave your man), don't kick if you can handball and take the first option (don't sprint off to no-man's land).  Hawks are very good at positioning players to make their plan work.  Not sure they value speed in their defenders as much as posters on here do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Frost will do well at Hawthorn.  He will be taught the Hawthorn way: their defenders don't often go on a sprint preferring a short hand ball or short kick sideways.  He will be told: defend first (don't leave your man), don't kick if you can handball and take the first option (don't sprint off to no-man's land).  Hawks are very good at positioning players to make their plan work.  Not sure they value speed in their defenders as much as posters on here do.

I think you'l find that was one of the issue we had with Frost. The dees didn't want him sprinting out of the back half ball in hand. Not his job. And yet he continued to do it. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Fully agree with these sentiments, hemingway. Yet another poor reflection on our coaches and footy department staff as it is - he was our best and most-attacking backman all season. The McDonald duo - with one of them holding the club to ransom over the maintenance of a useless career of the other - strikes again. Goodwin falls for it. Frosty was thus rendered 'excessive to needs' despite proving himself time and again with increasingly effective backline work. 

Unfortunately, as with all groups of individuals, clubs are made up of people with biases, opinions and irrational thinking.  We would like to think that decisions are well reasoned and sensible but this is not always the case. There are probably more wrong decisions made than right ones. 

I hope the pro Frost supporters like yours truly are wrong. That we cover his loss without a blink and that he does not fire up at Hawthorn. If we had an embarrassment of riches I would understand the decision. However, we have only a few A graders and not much depth particularly viewed against our long list of chronically injured players.   One thing is for sure, if Frost plays poorly with the Hawks and gets dropped,  pro Frost supporters will be reminded by the Frostball critics of their stupidity and nuff nuff views.  A la Watts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, binman said:

I think you'l find that was one of the issue we had with Frost. The dees didn't want him sprinting out of the back half ball in hand. Not his job. And yet he continued to do it. 

I know that. 

Frost didn't do any of the things I noted as being the 'Hawthorn way', well.  Hence why he got a a spray from May.  He danced to his own tune, hence the 'Frost Ball. comment.  He just won't be allowed to do that at Hawthorn.  Their system will tame him or he will find himself at Box Hill or out of football.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I know that. 

Frost didn't do any of the things I noted as being the 'Hawthorn way', well.  Hence why he got a a spray from May.  He danced to his own tune, hence the 'Frost Ball. comment.  He just won't be allowed to do that at Hawthorn.  Their system will tame him or he will find himself at Box Hill or out of football.

You may well be right. But the fact there is question mark on his ability to reign his instincts and follow instructions (which he arguably didn't do at the dees) make our decision to trade him understandable IMO.

I doubt he would have been allowed dance to his own tune at the dees if we didn't have the injuries we did. He would have seen out his career with us at Casey.

Edited by binman
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, MaysSoreGroin said:

What team in their right mind trades their fastest speedster?. It'll finally click for Frost within a couple of years, and he's going to embarrass us when we meet Hawthorn. Honestly, all the best Frosty.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Deemania since 56 said:

The McDonald duo - with one of them holding the club to ransom over the maintenance of a useless career of the other - strikes again. Goodwin falls for it.

My nomination for the most preposterous conspiracy theory of the year.  Champagne comedy, sir!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, demonstone said:

My nomination for the most preposterous conspiracy theory of the year.  Champagne comedy, sir!

...sometimes reality is funnier than scripted comedy; then again, it (as an item in the retention of an unimpressive player) has had many thinking and provoking deeper analysis of questionable undertones about the Club ... 

Frost would have been great depth sure. But you can’t pay depth players the kind of coin he was chasing. Would you rather keep Frost or re-sign Oliver and Gawn when their contracts are up? 

List management is about a lot more than just keeping onto players you think are OK. We have to manage our cap. 

Oh and the McDonald conspiracy theory is amazing. I love it. Unique and refreshing. Tom must be one hell of a negotiator. Getting new contracts for himself and his brother and getting rid of their competition. Shame he couldn’t stop them recruiting May and Lever. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Frost will do well at Hawthorn.

I don't think so...

Like his brother, I see him drifting away from the AFL little by little until he gets delisted.

...but hey, I could be totally wrong.

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

I'm always amazed when people remember this stuff. I don't even remember what I've posted half the time until someone quotes it hours later. 

...and then someone will remember and quote my poorly chosen words back at me.

Edited by rjay
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I'm always amazed when people remember this stuff. I don't even remember what I've posted half the time until someone quotes it hours later. 

I just went to see what other gems a poster with such a fully sikk user name had posted.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, TGR said:

I hear you sister.

What team trades their fastest speedster?  You'd think it would be a quickish team with several line breakers.  That ain't us.

A putrid decision by a panicked FD that have one hail mary at their disposal.

Your hand-wringing over Frost has me stumped Rono.

For years you have (rightly) been preaching the value of multi dimensional talls.
Frost is as one dimensional is it gets

On 10/18/2019 at 8:41 PM, Sir Why You Little said:

Clarkson will love the challenge

Question is, will Clarkson have more success with frostball than he did with tunnelball?

On 10/19/2019 at 3:52 PM, sue said:

That makes a lot of sense.

OMG.  Moderators, delete immediately!

On 10/22/2019 at 11:38 AM, hemingway said:

Agreed.

At the same time, its not as if a key forward suddenly became a realistic trade option. Sure there were some forwards but arguably no available forwards that would have been a great get. 

No point bringing in players who may get a game but are not going to be an asset.  

Earnest.  Are you alluding obliquely to Preuss 2019 version?

image.jpeg.3255066eb50b3abc13ee52a2159cecce.jpeg

I had a Strange Fantastic Dream last night!!

FROSTY WON THE NORM SMITH MEDAL IN 2020 In yet another inspiring display for the Hawks.

Just remind me again Why we did this?? which will come back a bite us Hard on the rrrse!