Jump to content

  • Podcast:      

  • Podcast:      

The Taj Woewodin Thread


dazzledavey36
 Share


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Demons11 said:

I’ve heard he Tries hard but would need everything to go right and improve a lot to get drafted. Has a great attitude. 

Ive heard differently from both East Freo and Aquinas. Very hard working and driven young man with good skills and decion making. 

Will watch a bit of him this year in PSA first VIII, my boy is at another PSA school but a bit young for first VIII this season.

Woey Snr is one of the new coaches at my boys school so taking a keen interest for several reasons 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Ive heard differently from both East Freo and Aquinas. Very hard working and driven young man with good skills and decion making. 

Will watch a bit of him this year in PSA first VIII, my boy is at another PSA school but a bit young for first VIII this season.

Woey Snr is one of the new coaches at my boys school so taking a keen interest for several reasons 

Thanks for clarifying PSD.

Always good to hear it from someone who's actually closer to the inner sanctum with good sources.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


TAJ UPDATE

Taj played round 1 last week for East Fremantle in the Colts level in their win against Peel Thunder.

Stats

21 disposals 5 tackles 3 marks 7 I50s and kicked 1.1

 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

TAJ UPDATE

Taj played round 1 last week for East Fremantle in the Colts level in their win against Peel Thunder.

Stats

21 disposals 5 tackles 3 marks 7 I50s and kicked 1.1

 

Knightmare was asked on bigfooty about Taj’s prospects:-

“He'll need to keep developing. At this stage not sure he gets picked. But with improvement, he could move up draft boards. Have to see what he can do this year.

“A wait and see at this point.”

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

TAJ UPDATE

Taj played round 1 last week for East Fremantle in the Colts level in their win against Peel Thunder.

Stats

21 disposals 5 tackles 3 marks 7 I50s and kicked 1.1

 

Thanks for that, and that's some respectable numbers too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2021 at 3:11 PM, The Great Pretender said:

Knightmare was asked on bigfooty about Taj’s prospects:-

“He'll need to keep developing. At this stage not sure he gets picked. But with improvement, he could move up draft boards. Have to see what he can do this year.

“A wait and see at this point.”

theres almost no chance he has seen him play and he's a historically putrid judge in any case.

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, wheaters31 said:

Anyone know much about Taj? Is he a chance to be father-son?

https://www.wafl.com.au/player/taj-woewodin

 

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 7.20.15 pm.png

love the total disposal numbers and then tackles column, i imagine he's playing a centre bounce/hf role? hopefully he gets a senior game or two as the year progresses to really push his case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He sounds like a very mature and driven young kid. Has Fantastic leadership qualities and obviously someone who's respected among his peers.

The type of player Simon Goodwin/Jason Taylor crave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

He sounds like a very mature and driven young kid. Has Fantastic leadership qualities and obviously someone who's respected among his peers.

The type of player Simon Goodwin/Jason Taylor crave.

Indeed - captain of a very talented East Freo colts side expected to have multiple first rounders.

Developing nicely in a heavily covid impacted environment for the 17/18 year olds. 

Anyone know where Woey Snr's relationship with the club is at? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dannyz said:

Indeed - captain of a very talented East Freo colts side expected to have multiple first rounders.

Developing nicely in a heavily covid impacted environment for the 17/18 year olds. 

Anyone know where Woey Snr's relationship with the club is at? 

Since Woewodin left the club unfortunately he's never been invited back to a best and fairest function, or anything related to MFC.

I was listening to a podcast where Shane was interviewed. He has stated that at times he feels like he's more Collingwood then Melbourne. But did state that Taj is a very passionate Melbourne supporter and his favourite player is Jack Viney.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Since Woewodin left the club unfortunately he's never been invited back to a best and fairest function, or anything related to MFC.

I was listening to a podcast where Shane was interviewed. He has stated that at times he feels like he's more Collingwood then Melbourne. But did state that Taj is a very passionate Melbourne supporter and his favourite player is Jack Viney.

 

I have a vivid recollection of Shane being in a Melbourne corporate box area wearing a demons scarf with other past players a decade or more ago. Think it was during the Stynes administration. Shame if that was only a one off and the club didn't try to bring him back into the fold further. Perhaps it was a grand final reunion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nascent said:

I have a vivid recollection of Shane being in a Melbourne corporate box area wearing a demons scarf with other past players a decade or more ago. Think it was during the Stynes administration. Shame if that was only a one off and the club didn't try to bring him back into the fold further. Perhaps it was a grand final reunion.

i'd be very surprised if the club hasn't been in close contact with the woey family in recent years, given the f/s opportunities

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, daisycutter said:

i'd be very surprised if the club hasn't been in close contact with the woey family in recent years, given the f/s opportunities

I would say the recruiters have been in close contact for sure.

Taj was down in Melbourne for a week and trained with the club. 

4 minutes ago, Nascent said:

I have a vivid recollection of Shane being in a Melbourne corporate box area wearing a demons scarf with other past players a decade or more ago. Think it was during the Stynes administration. Shame if that was only a one off and the club didn't try to bring him back into the fold further. Perhaps it was a grand final reunion.

Shane has also lived in Perth and Brisbane in recent years. One as an assistant coach for Brisbane, and also doing some Academy work in Perth. I would think his time has been consumed with this.

I'm also going off what Shane said in the podcast btw.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Compare the pear 

the pies on the fat end and the Dees up the top on the pointy bit. At least for now and some time to come I hope. 
as a young lad where would you prefer to go, we are a destination club or at least heading in that direction and with almost  50,000 members ( next week perhaps) 

send his dad some tickets to the long weekend match. Have him in our corner and do it before Collingwood do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 640MD said:

Compare the pear 

the pies on the fat end and the Dees up the top on the pointy bit. At least for now and some time to come I hope. 
as a young lad where would you prefer to go, we are a destination club or at least heading in that direction and with almost  50,000 members ( next week perhaps) 

send his dad some tickets to the long weekend match. Have him in our corner and do it before Collingwood do.

 can't be f/s for filth - only played 62 games for them

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 640MD said:

Compare the pear 

the pies on the fat end and the Dees up the top on the pointy bit. At least for now and some time to come I hope. 
as a young lad where would you prefer to go, we are a destination club or at least heading in that direction and with almost  50,000 members ( next week perhaps) 

send his dad some tickets to the long weekend match. Have him in our corner and do it before Collingwood do.

He's ineligible for Collingwood mate..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 640MD said:

Compare the pear 

the pies on the fat end and the Dees up the top on the pointy bit. At least for now and some time to come I hope. 
as a young lad where would you prefer to go, we are a destination club or at least heading in that direction and with almost  50,000 members ( next week perhaps) 

send his dad some tickets to the long weekend match. Have him in our corner and do it before Collingwood do.

Woewodin didn't play 100 games for the Pies. 

The issue of father-son is in many ways separate from the issue of a past player's relationship with the club. Brad Green with Neitz and others seem to be lifting the game on past player relations, and like a lot of things winning helps.

Obviously there's a link but whether or not Shane has any great relationship isn't a huge factor on whether he thinks the club will be a good fit for his son. Especially if he's a marginal prospect and doesn't have a lot of interest from the WA clubs (that's not my opinion, just a hypothetical). I'd imagine as long as the relationship isn't actively bad Shane would want him to come to the club where he won a Brownlow and a club that seems to be doing well with development, especially with a couple of East Freo boys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

You would think he'll be at the Dees if drafted as it would be the best for Taj's Deevelopement.

I'm sure bygones will be bygones as past administrations are long gone.

With Taj being a Melbourne supporter he would have dreamt of playing in the Red and Blue. 

If he's good enough and warrants a gig then im sure the club would be all over it.

Edited by Win4theAges
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How does it work (not saying it's going to happen but more to understand the system) if Taj and our NGA prospect Mac Andrew are both rated in the 20s?  I.e. no one elects to take them or nominates them in the top 20.  Do we need to choose one or is it just a matter of having enough picks (points) to cover their position if another club nominates?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, deelusions from afar said:

How does it work (not saying it's going to happen but more to understand the system) if Taj and our NGA prospect Mac Andrew are both rated in the 20s?  I.e. no one elects to take them or nominates them in the top 20.  Do we need to choose one or is it just a matter of having enough picks (points) to cover their position if another club nominates?

top 20 only applies to nga from this year

so, yes if andrew is > 20 and taj nominates as a f/s then we can take both if we have picks. note we can go into credit on picks if necessary 

Edited by daisycutter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    CITIUS, ALTIUS, FORTIUS by The Oracle

    This weekend, the Melbourne Football Club was supposed to embark on a tour that started with what looked like an innocent trip to the country’s sunny Gold Coast. However, the Covid19 pandemic intervened to bring them back home for this week at least. Next week, it’s off to the West Coast but conspiracy theorists are already suggesting that this interstate sojourn could take the team all the way across the country over the next month and indeed, there are cynics who even believe that it could bec

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE YEAR THE SNOWFLAKES FELL by Whispering Jack

    The snow that fell on the slopes of Victoria’s mountain districts in the winter of 1965 was not considered good enough to satisfy the enthusiasts. The really heavy snow that season came in two waves further north in July and August. The first descended on the national capital where “Pig Iron Bob” still held sway. Snow flurries touched the landscape all the way across the Blue Mountains. The next big snow extended further north up to the hills around Mackay in Queensland. Snowflakes fell inside t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 10

    DEES GIVE DOGS A BONE by George On The Outer

    First place versus second on the ladder promised to be a precursor to what can be expected in the coming finals race.  However, it was the Demons who faltered and gave the Bulldogs a bone to feed their hunger just weeks out from the end of the season. The win also sent the Dogs to the top of the ladder, a position they are unlikely to cede in the coming weeks, given their fixture. While Melbourne may now struggle to keep a spot in the top four with its draw and will likely depend on the res

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE WORM WILL TURN by The Oracle

    When I was asked to preview this game, I wasn’t sure whether it was going to be played in Darwin, on the Gold Coast or the MCG. I had no idea as to the identity of Melbourne’s opponent. This would have made for one hell of an interesting match preview so I’m glad that the AFL managed to reorganize its fixture to enable a game … any game at all … to proceed in Round 19. We’ll worry about the Gold Coast Suns or whoever they put us up against when the weekend’s done and dusted and if and when

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    DRAWN AND DEEFLATED by George on the Outer

    1st v 17th ... it would seem a sure one way contest between the Hawks and the Demons but it was not to be with the game finishing in a draw, the only positive being the Demons still retain their top spot on the ladder. Melbourne was taught a football lesson by Al Clarkson, who with limited resources, just instructed his players to scrap, fight and surge the ball forward.  It stifled the Melbourne free flowing style of play and denied them the opportunities they could normally expect. I

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    PINK RAIN by Whispering Jack

    There is no certainty about life under a pandemic. You wake up one morning without a care in the world; the sun’s shining and it’s a beautiful day. An hour later, everything’s up in the air, the entire state is on high alert and the apartment complex next door’s in lockdown. The simple decision you had to make about buying a ticket to the footy at the weekend suddenly might get put on the back burner. There are other things in life to prioritise and on top of that, they’re predicting rain for th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    COR BLIMEY by KC from Casey

    In years to come, the old timers will talk in wonderment about the “Avalon Avalanche” that hit Werribee’s Avalon Airport Oval on a mild winter’s afternoon at about ten minutes after the halfway mark of the game between the local Tigers and their cross town rivals, the Demons from Casey. At that moment in time, the game was poised as if on a knifepoint. Up until the main interval, it had been the visiting team which had maintained the lead from the start but it had struggled to entirely asse

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    POWER FAILURE by George on the Outer

    South Australians should be well familiar with the damage that storms can do to the power supply.  But Port Power forgot those lessons on Thursday night football as they watched the Melbourne storm descend upon them from across the border and ruin their hopes of a top four placing. Just as equally, the win to the Demons cemented their spot in the top two and sent out the message that a team who had been going around in circles for the past couple of weeks, has in fact, turned into a cyclone

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    CASEY SUFFER FIRST DEFEAT IN TWO YEARS

    The circumstances were a little unusual last Saturday night as KC from Casey was unavailable to report on the Casey Dees due to work commitments. On the ground things were somewhat unusual as well given that, although there was a game to be won on the night, preparations were also being made for the forthcoming Thursday night clash against Port Adelaide with Ben Brown rested for large slabs of the evening. It turned out perhaps, to be a stroke of genius for Melbourne with Brown making a strong c

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    WEATHERING THE STORM by Mel Rundle

    The magic of Melbourne’s magnificent start to 2021 is beginning to wear off. In its past six matches it lost to three teams that were outside the eight, out of form —  teams which it had very little trouble bearing last year. This week, the temperature is turned up even higher with the hard fought spot in the top four at risk. The really ominous factor about the Demons’ upcoming Thursday night meeting with Port Adelaide this week is that it is due to take place at the very place where its dec

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    FEE-FI-FO-FUM by George on the Outer

    “Fee-fi-fo-fum, without a Full Forward the Premiership can’t be won!” So said the GWS Giants, as they exposed Melbourne’s fatal deficiency with a nine point win at the MCG.  In past weeks Melbourne has been barely able to gloss over the lack of a serious target in front of goal, while others were able to contribute.  But in a near repeat of the game from the previous week, players running up the ground simply had no-one to kick the ball to, when all that was needed was that one tall target.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    MUCH ADO ABOUT EVERYTHING by Whispering Jack

    Let's face it. We Melbourne supporters are a demanding lot. Here we are with our team on top of the ladder with a record of 12 wins and 2 losses, a decent percentage and a fair run home for a team with finals credentials. We have a fit list with lots of in form players, many of who are in contention for All Australian and other high honours, the team’s playing with purpose and cohesion and its VFL affiliate is undefeated and going gangbusters.  Still, we're all walking around with conc

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews


×
×
  • Create New...