Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Petracca on the Move?

Demondan75

2 minutes ago, AshleyH30 said:

The stupid thing is, as far as I'm aware, Petracca and his management had a meeting with Goodwin and Co. They had a robust discussion about his playing future (ie. he wants to play more midfield time) and then suddenly that's ballooned out to "He's not happy at the club and is looking for a trade." Suddenly, everyone asunder has heard something, but no mainstream media is discussing it?

Which is kind of my point.  He is well within his rights to catch up with Goodwin, but outside of that there has been nothing.

Also, many on here say they 'hear' things but provide no source or refuse to do so.  It's very, very easy to say you 'heard' things and not be held accountable for it.  When it doesn't happen you just say they were obviously wrong, or something changed, and they save face.

Maybe I'm jaded from many off seasons on here where 1 out of 50 rumours turn out to be correct, but I put zero credence in what anyone on here says unless they have a proven track record like Chook in Perth.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Which is kind of my point.  He is well within his rights to catch up with Goodwin, but outside of that there has been nothing.

Also, many on here say they 'hear' things but provide no source or refuse to do so.  It's very, very easy to say you 'heard' things and not be held accountable for it.  When it doesn't happen you just say they were obviously wrong, or something changed, and they save face.

Maybe I'm jaded from many off seasons on here where 1 out of 50 rumours turn out to be correct, but I put zero credence in what anyone on here says unless they have a proven track record like Chook in Perth.

Outside of a few poster's here that I've found to be right when reading their posts over the years, I only take "Hearing" on face value until someone in the mainstream media rolls with it. I know mainstream isn't always right, and that some make [censored] up, but if I see it here and then see it being reported, I tend to add more weight to it.

Edit: I think some on here also post things with a curtain agenda. A narrative of dysfunction through players "wanting out" adds to their argument about people inside the club.

Edited by AshleyH30
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

Exactly WB.

Chook in Perth (and small number of other posters) has a proven track record and i trust his mail is reliable (or as reliable as any rumor based mail can be). 

i appreciate people hear things all the time, particularly in this day and age of people repeating texts and stuff they have read on their various feeds and implying it is real mail rather than simple old as time, gossip.

A funny thing as happened in the last 10 years, in an environment where the President of the US retweets and supports bizarre conspiracy theories, the onus has shifted from the person spreading gossip and rumors proving its validity to those hearing disproving it. Crazy stuff. 

To even consider taking a rumour or any mail seriously i for one need a source. Or if that is not possible at least some indication of who the rumor has come from (eg player manager, club employee, board member etc etc). 

Even then i am skeptical but at least i have some parameters work with to gauge the reliability of the information. In the absence of either of these criteria (and often even with them) it goes though my mental shredder. Which of course is not to say the information is not accurate. Just not credible. 

Edited by binman
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Demons11 said:

I have heard he is unhappy with the coach. 

I am not sure of the finer details but he is definitely exploring his options.

Have heard similar rumours tbh. Second hand 'sources' so don't even know if I believe it, but seems to be popping up around the place now. What I have heard heard from a reliable source though is that he's not going anywhere this year, but next year could be another story. I stress 'could be' as a lot can change in a year, but it's not guaranteed he'll be with us in 2021 by any stretch,

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Have heard similar rumours tbh. Second hand 'sources' so don't even know if I believe it, but seems to be popping up around the place now. What I have heard heard from a reliable source though is that he's not going anywhere this year, but next year could be another story. I stress 'could be' as a lot can change in a year, but it's not guaranteed he'll be with us in 2021 by any stretch,

Ok, lets play the game. Who is your 'reliable source'.

its not guaranteed he'll be with us in 2021 by any stretch? Seriously? Sheesh.

3 minutes ago, binman said:

To be honest, when I see this type of comment, I laugh. There is no guarantee that any player/coach/official/executive could be there in 2021. Things change. Player can have a falling out with other players. Literally anything could happen to lead to someone not being at the club! One could die in a car accident for all we know!

Edited by AshleyH30
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, binman said:

7 minutes ago, AshleyH30 said:

To be honest, when I see this type of comment, I laugh. There is no guarantee that any player/coach/official/executive could be there in 2021. Things change. Player can have a falling out with other players. Literally anything could happen to lead to someone not being at the club! One could die in a car accident for all we know!

Obviously I'm not going to pass on who has told me things on the internet.

From "Source 1", whom I don't know personally but a good friend knows well:
Geelong are chasing Trac VERY hard and believe they can get him, more likely next year than this. Some situations between Trac and the club have not been handled well and he's very unhappy about it. No mention of it being Goody, so don't know if it involves him or more player management people like possibly Mahoney, Viney etc.

From "Source 2", whom I know well and has very strong connections at the club:
Bartlett told him directly Trac won't be going anywhere this year. However, there are some problems within the club that have the playing group split somewhat and it hasn't been handled very well.

Source 2 is the same person who told me McCartney would be gone, Jennings would be gone, Langdon was a lock, GC will get pick 2 and more well before any of those things were publicly known. Some of those things I posted here before they happened also. That person also told me about the Yze enquiries, which I posted here and have since been mentioned in the media, but not hanging my hat on it yet given it hasn't happened.

I understand the hesitation to believe what is posted by random people on the internet, I am exactly the same, so I'm not too fussed if you choose to not believe me. If you look through my posts since being here though, I haven't been one to just make things up and have posted some info well ahead of time that's proven to be correct. Not saying I'm infallible of course, but I'm not here to make up false stories.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Obviously I'm not going to pass on who has told me things on the internet.

From "Source 1", whom I don't know personally but a good friend knows well:
Geelong are chasing Trac VERY hard and believe they can get him, more likely next year than this. Some situations between Trac and the club have not been handled well and he's very unhappy about it. No mention of it being Goody, so don't know if it involves him or more player management people like possibly Mahoney, Viney etc.

From "Source 2", whom I know well and has very strong connections at the club:
Bartlett told him directly Trac won't be going anywhere this year. However, there are some problems within the club that have the playing group split somewhat and it hasn't been handled very well.

Source 2 is the same person who told me McCartney would be gone, Jennings would be gone, Langdon was a lock, GC will get pick 2 and more well before any of those things were publicly known. Some of those things I posted here before they happened also. That person also told me about the Yze enquiries, which I posted here and have since been mentioned in the media, but not hanging my hat on it yet given it hasn't happened.

I understand the hesitation to believe what is posted by random people on the internet, I am exactly the same, so I'm not too fussed if you choose to not believe me. If you look through my posts since being here though, I haven't been one to just make things up and have posted some info well ahead of time that's proven to be correct. Not saying I'm infallible of course, but I'm not here to make up false stories.

I’m categorically telling you that Source 1 and 2 are lying or made up. My contact who has now exited the building in the past month or so advised this is not the case. Had a chat to him at a grand final recently and I asked about trac in which he said “look at the year he has had, does it look like he is disgruntled”. This source also told me of his departure well before it hit the news/media. Im only responding because these lies are getting out of hand. 

Ive known this guy for years and he has no problem with the club and never really spoke about things that couldn’t leave the 4 walls internally. He will be missed. 

Edited by Demon Forever
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Demon Forever said:

I’m categorically telling you that Source 1 and 2 are lying or made up. My contact who has now exited the building in the past month or so advised this is not the case. Had a chat to him at a grand final recently and I asked about trac in which he said “look at the year he has had, does it look like he is disgruntled”. This source also told me of his departure well before it hit the news/media. Im only responding because these lies are getting out of hand. 

Totally fine mate. Happy for that bit to not be true and as I said I wasn't sure whether to believe that part as it was from a second hand source that I don't know personally.

However, I have absolutely no question on the integrity of info from "source 2".

Edited by Lord Nev

2 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Totally fine mate. Happy for that bit to not be true and as I said I wasn't sure whether to believe that part as it was from a second hand source that I don't know personally.

However, I have absolutely no question on the integrity of info from "source 2".

What I can say is that the issues the club was unsettled on, were the positional areas where the guys would play. Hence the meeting with Tracs manager. The boys across the group are frustrated. They all think they can do better. They had an offsite whereby they all put their hand up to play in the middle (brayshaw, trac, Oliver, Lewis, Jones, Neal Bullen etc) and some were chosen over others and some players didn’t agree. That’s the only issue. 

Ive got more but will not let it out as to protect my source. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Demon Forever said:

What I can say is that the issues the club was unsettled on, were the positional areas where the guys would play. Hence the meeting with Tracs manager. The boys across the group are frustrated. They all think they can do better. They had an offsite whereby they all put their hand up to play in the middle (brayshaw, trac, Oliver, Lewis, Jones, Neal Bullen etc) and some were chosen over others and some players didn’t agree. That’s the only issue. 

Sounds like a tail wagging the dog scenario. I've never liked it when players demand where they should be played. They're there to play their role. And while their input should be valued, they shouldn't kick up a fuss if it doesn't go their way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AshleyH30 said:

Sounds like a tail wagging the dog scenario. I've never liked it when players demand where they should be played. They're there to play their role. And while their input should be valued, they shouldn't kick up a fuss if it doesn't go their way.

Spot on. Hence the shift mid season and management changes. To be fair though, if I was one of the tracs or brayshaws and I saw Neal Bullen, Lewis it JKH getting a gig ahead of me, it would make me question the decisions. It only minor and nothing that is going to tear the group apart. Nothing to see here

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Demon Forever said:

Serious question. Why would Trac’s manager get involved in issues relating to Trac not being happy with what position he’s playing in? 

16 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Serious question. Why would Trac’s manager get involved in issues relating to Trac not being happy with what position he’s playing in? 

Well he may have thought that his opportunity may have gone past him at that others were preferred in the guts. He is determined to play in the middle. He believes his best football is played there and it’s about job security. Many players have left clubs if they don’t play it what they deemed to be their best position. (Not that it’s getting anywhere near that scenario). Ala Jeremy Howe and others

1 minute ago, Demon Forever said:

Well he may have thought that his opportunity may have gone past him at that others were preferred in the guts. He is determined to play in the middle. He believes his best football is played there and it’s about job security. Many players have left clubs if they don’t play it what they deemed to be their best position. (Not that it’s getting anywhere near that scenario). Ala Jeremy Howe and others

You mean Jeremy Howe? The Same Jeremy Howe that said he went to Collingwood to play forward, only to suddenly flip 180 and say the backline is where he's best suited after being told to go there by Buckly? That Jeremy Howe? Right.

PS. Sorry, I had to say it...

• Like 7

I am fine with what @Demons11 @Lord Nevand @Demon Forever  have posted.  The latter virtually confirming the others who reported having 'heard' that Petracca has been unhappy and had meetings with the club. 

Any player manager worth his/her salt would sass out other options for him.  And lets not be naive enough to think other clubs aren't knocking on player manager doors especially if they get a sniff of a player being unhappy  The player manager is obliged to pass that on.

Lets say that Geelong have been talking to Petracca's manager, it doesn't mean Petracca initiated it.  He would be a fool to not listen to what they have to say.  And Geelong desperately need a player like him as Selwood, Danger and Ablett are aging and they will lose Kelly.   They don't have a potentially elite midfielder in the wings.  Petracca would be a perfect fit. 

Collingwood is in the same boat with Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Wells getting on and Beams in all sorts of grief.  They do have better midfield coverage than Geelong so less in need of a Petracca type.

The club and Petracca seem to have sorted out their differences and as Demon Forever said 'nothing to see here'.  Petracca is under contract so isn't likely to go anywhere this year.  But next year is a different story.   That Petracca stays doesn't mean any of the 3 posters above were wrong.  Differences were sorted.

Why folks are complaining about posters saying what they have 'heard'.  There are posters who have contacts at mfc, other clubs and player managers but they can hardly name their source.  That things don't eventuate isn't proof that what they heard was wrong.  There are numerous, genuine reasons why things don't eventuate. 

I would rather read what posters 'hear' than not - it would be a very boring trade period if none of that came to DL.  If some posters don't want to read it fine, but please stop the whinging about it.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 12

9 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I am fine with what @Demons11 @Lord Nevand @Demon Forever  have posted.  The latter virtually confirming the others who reported having 'heard' that Petracca has been unhappy and had meetings with the club. 

Any player manager worth his/her salt would sass out other options for him.  And lets not be naive enough to think other clubs aren't knocking on player manager doors especially if they get a sniff of a player being unhappy  The player manager is obliged to pass that on.

Lets say that Geelong have been talking to Petracca's manager, it doesn't mean Petracca initiated it.  He would be a fool to not listen to what they have to say.  And Geelong desperately need a player like him as Selwood, Danger and Ablett are aging and they will lose Kelly.   They don't have a potentially elite midfielder in the wings.  Petracca would be a perfect fit. 

Collingwood is in the same boat with Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Wells getting on and Beams in all sorts of grief.  They do have better midfield coverage than Geelong so less in need of a Petracca type.

The club and Petracca seem to have sorted out their differences and as Demon Forever said 'nothing to see here'.  Petracca is under contract so isn't likely to go anywhere this year.  But next year is a different story.

Why do folks are complaining about posters saying what they have 'heard'.  There are posters who have contacts at mfc, other clubs and player managers but they can hardly name their source.  That things don't eventuate isn't proof that what they heard was wrong.  There are numerous, genuine reasons why things don't eventuate. 

I would rather read what posters 'hear' than not - it would be a very boring trade period if none of that came to DL.  If some posters don't want to read it fine, but please stop the whinging about it.

It's not so much what people say they've heard. It's the ones that spout it as absolute fact. But when you question them about it, they somehow backtrack or spout a generic line to cover their tracks. I could say several things that have been told to me, but I don't because a lot of it is hearsay atm. I don't know what is 100% true and what is fake. If I ever post what I've heard, I always add the moniker "may, possibly, could" never "will, curtain, absolute." Do you understand what I mean?

Edited by AshleyH30
  • Like 8

If Petracca seriously wants to play in the middle then the answer is pretty simple.

He needs to work with the club to lighten his frame and build his tank.

The onus is on him to do so.

All good and well to want for things, but you have to put yourself in the best possible position to do so.

Id personally love to see him in the guts...the ball’s in your court Christian.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, AshleyH30 said:

It's not so much what people say they've heard. It's the ones that sprout it as absolute fact. But when you question them about it, they somehow backtrack or spout a generic line to cover their tracks. I could say several things that have been told to me, but I don't because a lot of it is hearsay atm. I don't know what is 100% true and what is fake. If I ever post what I've heard, I always add the moniker "may, possibly, could" never "will, curtain, absolute." Do you understand what I mean?

Fair comment.  But I haven't interpreted Demons 11, Lord Nev or Demon Forever as presenting their info as 'fact'.   Other posters maybe but not those guys so I feel the criticisms this morning are unfair.  Just my view.

• Like 3