Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
dazzledavey36

Official Delistings?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ugottobekidding said:

Owe.... wont be in the best 22

Might not be, but he deserves another year and will get it.

Where he plays will be up to his form.

We have plenty to move on, while keeping him and he will likely retire next year.

Can't get rid of 15 players, even though we on DL might want to.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

It was the right thing to do. Junior didn’t like it

we are far too soft on older players

With Lewis gone, we have how many players over 30?

Oh that's right, only one. He of course won 3 B & F's in a row and stayed loyal while we were sh-t. He is not in our worst 8 players and therefore on a number of grounds deserves another year. Would hurt the club massively through the AFL if we dumped him this year.Would speak volumes of our culture.

Hardly soft I would have thought.

PS. Don't bring up Hodge, Lewis and Roughhead, as the Hawks have half their list over 30.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redleg said:

With Lewis gone, we have how many players over 30?

Oh that's right, only one. He of course won 3 B & F's in a row and stayed loyal while we were sh-t. He is not in our worst 8 players and therefore on a number of grounds deserves another year. Would hurt the club massively through the AFL if we dumped him this year.Would speak volumes of our culture.

Hardly soft I would have thought.

PS. Don't bring up Hodge, Lewis and Roughhead, as the Hawks have half their list over 30.

Junior’s hammy’s had gone

he needed a year off before he went to GW$

everyone forgets that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Junior’s hammy’s had gone

he needed a year off before he went to GW$

everyone forgets that

Not disagreeing with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't jones being offered a contract of about 270,000 with performance based contracts on top. If he isn't in the best 22 then he wont get the performance based contracts. I think he is unhappy about this but in reality his form isn't good enough and he is no longer a captain. This may be a way that Melbourne is trying to manage the situation.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, dl4e said:

Isn't jones being offered a contract of about 270,000 with performance based contracts on top. If he isn't in the best 22 then he wont get the performance based contracts. I think he is unhappy about this but in reality his form isn't good enough and he is no longer a captain. This may be a way that Melbourne is trying to manage the situation.

 

31 minutes ago, Redleg said:

With Lewis gone, we have how many players over 30?

Oh that's right, only one. He of course won 3 B & F's in a row and stayed loyal while we were sh-t. He is not in our worst 8 players and therefore on a number of grounds deserves another year. Would hurt the club massively through the AFL if we dumped him this year.Would speak volumes of our culture.

Hardly soft I would have thought.

PS. Don't bring up Hodge, Lewis and Roughhead, as the Hawks have half their list over 30.

Jones is respected in AFL levels for staying with a crap team, reality is no one was really ever interested or enquired about him, and he always stood to earn almost 100% more staying at Melbourne than another club at the next highest salary. From a playing perspective he is well passed it, our Ritchie Vandenverg equivalent and it is time he is moved on. 

I have said it for years that we won't truly be able to move on from the Bailey and Neeld years until any and all leaders from that era are moved on. Jones' leadership traits appear at odds with Gawn's, and I can't imagine seeing -- nor have I ever seen -- the likes of Oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw following Jones' leadership. 

I've long been of the opinion that Jones is of an old-school brigade of ol' Melbourne boys, the boys club is gone and you have a new brigade coming through.

If we want to keep the likes of Oliver, Trac and Brayshaw, we need to let this new brigade take charge.

Thanks for your service, here is your life membership, bye Jones. 

Let's stop wasting time money and list space on momentum killers and spuds. We have done more than enough to support and empower Jones to be the best player and bloke he can be. It's time to move on. We finished 17th ffs, and his leadership quality and body language this season was poor. He is a perennial loser.

Edited by praha
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i loved jones dedication to the club, but their is a time and place to call it quits and this is the time.  He should see if he can help out at Casey mentoring and helping our younger players.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, praha said:

 

Jones is respected in AFL levels for staying with a crap team, reality is no one was really ever interested or enquired about him, and he always stood to earn almost 100% more staying at Melbourne than another club at the next highest salary. From a playing perspective he is well passed it, our Ritchie Vandenverg equivalent and it is time he is moved on. 

I have said it for years that we won't truly be able to move on from the Bailey and Neeld years until any and all leaders from that era are moved on. Jones' leadership traits appear at odds with Gawn's, and I can't imagine seeing -- nor have I ever seen -- the likes of Oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw following Jones' leadership. 

I've long been of the opinion that Jones is of an old-school brigade of ol' Melbourne boys, the boys club is gone and you have a new brigade coming through.

If we want to keep the likes of Oliver, Trac and Brayshaw, we need to let this new brigade take charge.

Thanks for your service, here is your life membership, bye Jones. 

Let's stop wasting time money and list space on momentum killers and spuds. We have done more than enough to support and empower Jones to be the best player and bloke he can be. It's time to move on. We finished 17th ffs, and his leadership quality and body language this season was poor. He is a perennial loser.

So it sounds like you’re not a fan 🧐

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

So it sounds like you’re not a fan 🧐

Love the guy, as I said, thanks for your service, but time to move on.

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Redleg said:

With Lewis gone, we have how many players over 30?

Oh that's right, only one. He of course won 3 B & F's in a row and stayed loyal while we were sh-t. He is not in our worst 8 players and therefore on a number of grounds deserves another year. Would hurt the club massively through the AFL if we dumped him this year.Would speak volumes of our culture.

Hardly soft I would have thought.

PS. Don't bring up Hodge, Lewis and Roughhead, as the Hawks have half their list over 30.

What is our culture? Is he not in part responsible for the fact we don’t have any? 

Edited by Bombay Airconditioning
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody panic, the club just posted some feel good crap on FB.

A season to own, learn from + respond to.

We’re in this together.

#Myheartbeatstrue

Well that explains everything....who’s ground🐔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

With the VFL side now out of the finals race I wonder when they will announce first official delisting.

First thing Monday?

So they should.... stand by for Armageddon type Carnage Dazzle!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to go

Oscar

Spargo

Both Wagners

Stretch

ANB

AVB

Keilty

That will do for starters!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, demon3165 said:

Delist ANB, JKH, Stretch, Garlett, Keilty and Jones.

Trade Salem, Viney

 

🤦🏼‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jones will and deserves another year.  

People calling for his head are a disgrace!

  • Like 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sorry kids said:

need to move some of the momentum killers

 Maynard and Lewis are gone with Smith likely also

Spargo,  Kielty

Trade if can Jones, Stretch, ANB  OMac

No point having momentum & then having our senior players continue turning the ball over.......or maybe you'd prefer that.

Yesterday a classic example.....I'm with 'sir why you little'.....good post!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Jones will and deserves another year.  

People calling for his head are a disgrace!

I'd be the last one calling for his head but his time is up. He isn't going to get better. The MFC needs to get better, 2019 was a write-off. Players like Jones are NOT the future. Tough times call for tough calls. These are those times....Why pick on the obvious failures this year when the most blatant failure is staring at us and people on this site want to bring up loyalty. I use the term, most blatant failure, because of his lack of leadership. He comes across as someone playing for himself. The fact he ran past Oliver when he was giving Fritsch a spray and said nothing betrays a lack of captain's care. Thank you Mister Jones, I respect your contribution and thank you from the bottom of my heart. Let's now move on.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Laughing Goat said:

No point having momentum & then having our senior players continue turning the ball over.......or maybe you'd prefer that.

Yesterday a classic example.....I'm with 'sir why you little'.....good post!

Welcome to try again, preferably in a format that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ha ha yeah maybe you would understand if you take the time to watch the game  again yesterday.....also, hate to tell you this but ANB signed for 2 more years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Laughing Goat said:

ha ha yeah maybe you would understand if you take the time to watch the game  again yesterday.....also, hate to tell you this but ANB signed for 2 more years.

This ANB signing/not signing is becoming the new did/didn’t we review the prelim. 

A lot of confusion on here LG regarding ANB, can you elaborate please? When did he sign up? As far as some are concerned nothing official has come out of the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not about to throw anyone under the bus, needless to say that its a done deal.....2 years!

I believe the club has been waiting for the appropriate moment to release the news, however, with 8 losses in a row I am thinking that the right time may be in the next week or 2......

I hope they give ANB an opportunity to play in the mid field next year.......he's a natural ball winner & ball hunter & given the chance, a lot of opinions, especially on this site, may change.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Demons11 said:

Jones will and deserves another year.  

People calling for his head are a disgrace!

The truth is, if the kids had improved and we didn't have so many injuries, in a perfect world he would have been or was about to be pushed out of the side.  I love him, but he isn't the player he was.  

Having said that, going by the year we had, keeping him on for another year isn't the worst option.  I'd take the captaincy off him and give it to someone like Gawn, though.  It's time he stood aside in that regard.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Great Pretender said:

Delist ANB, JKH, Stretch, Garlett, Keilty and Jones.

Trade Salem, Viney

Salam is as soft as butter, does not like the hard contest and looks for an easier option even before he gets the ball, Viney is a one trick pony lacks skill and football nouse time to clean out.

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Salam is as soft as butter

Salem soft?

Pull the other one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Laughing Goat said:

I'm not about to throw anyone under the bus, needless to say that its a done deal.....2 years!

I believe the club has been waiting for the appropriate moment to release the news, however, with 8 losses in a row I am thinking that the right time may be in the next week or 2......

I hope they give ANB an opportunity to play in the mid field next year.......he's a natural ball winner & ball hunter & given the chance, a lot of opinions, especially on this site, may change.

 

No problem LG, wasn’t after specifics, just thought some were confused when the story broke out a couple of months ago about him being close to extending rather than actually signing. Appreciate the response.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2019

    PART ONE - OVERTURE  I have a disclaimer at the outset. I’m not a fan of the races - be they horses or motors of any kind. Once the final siren sounds on the football season, I find the month or so that follows and corresponds roughly with the Spring Racing Carnival to be the most boring time of the year for sports fans. You turn on the radio and you’re confronted by the monotonous drone of a self-proclaimed racing expert or by the nasally twang of an ex-jockey banging on about the equine p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 8

    CHANGES 2019 by The Oracle

    PART 1 - IT’S A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THIS TIME This year’s free agency, trade and draft period will see the usual drama and upheaval as the AFL’s 18 clubs seek to better their lists in order to challenge for finals and possibly premiership honours. Long before the final siren sounded on the season just over a week ago, the maneuvering was under way with player agents and clubs discussing possible player movements and in some cases, deals had already been done.  Yesterday, the r

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    HOW FAR SOUTH? by George on the Outer

    It was appropriate that Melbourne was playing its last game of season 2019 in Hobart.  After all, how much further south could the team go? And much as it has done in many of the previous 22 games, the side managed to extract a loss from a winning position by simply giving the ball back to the opposition time and time again. In fact, they gave it back to the opposition to the tune of 53 points from turnovers while, by way of contrast North Melbourne contributed  only 17 points to their oppo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    COOKED by The Oracle

    I can vividly remember when the Demons ventured onto Blundstone Arena for the first time in early 2016 only to lose to the Kangaroos by 20.11.131 to 21.10.136.    Melbourne was then a team on the up and up: young, enthusiastic and bold. It gave up a huge quarter time deficit after kicking against a strong wind but made that up by half time and fell dramatically short after an exciting high scoring affair.  The team lost no fans that day - they were willing to take the game on and attac

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    HELP by KC rom Casey

    The Casey Demons finished off their home and away season against Frankston at Skybus Stadium on Sunday with a narrow, unconvincing 6-point victory that left the door slightly open for a top eight berth when the VFL finals begin in a fortnight’s time. While sunny skies prevailed over Frankston in the morning, the skies became overcast by noon and heavy waves pounded the bay nearby as the rains came in to greet the players as the game started. And conditions stayed dark and dreary for the rem

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS by George on the Outer

    Thanks, but no thanks! In a round where the club was supposed to thank their fans for the support during the year, the Melbourne Football Club chose to do otherwise with a 53 point loss to a team that sat 15th on the ladder.  Don’t give us cheap jumpers that can’t be sold in the Demon shop.  Don’t give us vouchers to shop there, give us something on the field, which is why we come to the football in the first place. It was a disgraceful performance, which started with a disgracefu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SLEEP OUT AT THE MCG by The Oracle

    Around about 12 months ago Melbourne and Sydney fought out an epic battle between two top eight teams fighting for the best possible ladder position in the lead up to the finals. The Swans triumphed by 9 points at the MCG after the Demons came back from five goals down at three quarter time. But for its poor kicking for goal, Melbourne might well have won the game and finished in the top four. Who knows what might then have happened for the club in September? As a consequence, the person re

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by KC from Casey

    Two clubs that have been hard hit by injury recently took part in a dour battle under dark clouds and, with intermittent showers falling, it wasn’t a pretty game at Victoria Park on Sunday. Despite all that, the Casey Demons added a little ray of sunshine to their day to get the job done over a "traditional" rival with a 15 point victory over Collingwood VFL that breathed life back into their season. There were a few highlights at the ground that in past days has seen many titanic batt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE RETRO ROUND by George on the Outer

    We have seen it all before… Yes, a wonderful idea to showcase what used to be in football.  Big crowds, umpires who knew how to apply the rules and not opinions, high marks, skilful players. But for the Melbourne supporters their retro is what it has been like for the past 10 years. Losing games, end on end, year after year.  Opportunities squandered in front of goal. VFL standard players running around at the MCG. Just more of the same, and the game against Collingwood was no ex

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Thanks to Demonlanders for their input into this week’s preview. Ralphius Maximus is short and bittersweet: We'll crack in at the bounce to create a contest, win our share of the ball, butcher the forward movement and get scored on easily from the intercepts. Not that hard to predict. Big Demon says: Unfortunately Collingwood will win because they have a lot more to play for. We will be good in parts but really the season is well over so we will have to put up with those bell

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHAT, NO BLOOD? by George on the Outer

    The feeling when turning up to the MCG on a Saturday night to play a top four side in Richmond, while the Melbourne sits cemented in close proximity to the bottom of the table is like attending the Colosseum in Ancient Roman times. The expectation is that a bloodbath is about to occur. There are 100,000 Richmond members and 50,000 Melbourne members, and despite the fact that it turned out to be a wet night after half-time, a crowd of only 37K bothered to turn up. That should never have happ

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    A MAN’S ERRAND by KC from Casey

    A young and undermanned Casey Demons were sent out on Saturday to the Swinburne Centre in the shadows of the MCG on a man’s errand against a very experienced Richmond VFL combination which is the clear ladder leader and fielded no less than 18 AFL listed players. It was expected to be a rout and the Tigers made easy work of it in the early stages when they held a 26 point lead by quarter time. To their credit however, the Demons weathered the storm and kept their opponents within the range

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

×
×
  • Create New...