Jump to content

  • Podcast:      

  • Podcast:      

List changes who do we cut, trade or go after.


samcantstandya
 Share


Recommended Posts

If we want 2b successful we have 2b smarter. Let's stop keeping list cloggers & recruit skilful players who can kick and are hungry. We have 2 stop being a superannuation club 4 players who aren't up to it because they r good leaders. U can recruit young players who have leadership qualities in the draft. Go for some players with x factor no more vanilla types please. So I'd delist trade etc JKH, the Wagners, Keilty r, ANB, AVB, T Smith r, Stretch ???, Walker.... I'd recruit Anderson if we are allowed 2 keep our pick, then hit draft hard for value picks like a Kemp (injured) and look at some cat B gems and indigenous talent and get back on the Irish train.  Hopefully we don't pay overs for a Langdon etc and I don't want Jenkins types. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, samcantstandya said:

If we want 2b successful we have 2b smarter. Let's stop keeping list cloggers & recruit skilful players who can kick and are hungry. We have 2 stop being a superannuation club 4 players who aren't up to it because they r good leaders. U can recruit young players who have leadership qualities in the draft. Go for some players with x factor no more vanilla types please. So I'd delist trade etc JKH, the Wagners, Keilty r, ANB, AVB, T Smith r, Stretch ???, Walker.... I'd recruit Anderson if we are allowed 2 keep our pick, then hit draft hard for value picks like a Kemp (injured) and look at some cat B gems and indigenous talent and get back on the Irish train.  Hopefully we don't pay overs for a Langdon etc and I don't want Jenkins types. 

Firstly we need to stop using numbers instead of letters to spell words and then can have an adult conversation. 

  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


55 minutes ago, chookrat said:

Firstly we need to stop using numbers instead of letters to spell words and then 

56 minutes ago, chookrat said:

Firstly we need to stop using numbers instead of letters to spell words and then can have an adult conversation. 

We can do whatever we like. Stop being a prat. It's accepted practise 2 take shortcuts when u post. U r very patronising. 

  • Love 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 Outs. 

Lewis Maynard Walker retired. Delist- Jkh Spargo TSmith Keilty Garlett Wagner-j Vandenburg(medical) 

10

ins 

Schoenmakers (free agent) Langdon (swap 1st round 2020 pick) Cutler ((swap 4th round pick) 

draft. #2 Noah Anderson (if pick #3, Lachlan  Ash) # 21 Elijah Taylor  #39 Miles Bergman #57 Brodie Newman 

rookies added - Lockhart Dunkley Wagner-c

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

i like Rattens' style when he said that if he became coach, players that butchered the ball would be moved on or out. We should have the same mindset.

FMD chook! If we followed that rule, we'd have about 3 players remaining!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Retire: Maynard, Lewis

Delist: Stretch, JKH, Keilty, J.Wagner, T.Smith, Garlett

Re-contract: C.Wagner, Baker, KK, J.Smith, Frost, Dunkley, Lockhart, Jones

Trade targets: Langdon, Papley, Cutler, S.Hill, Butler, Elliott, Newnes

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

10 Outs. 

Lewis Maynard Walker retired. Delist- Jkh Spargo TSmith Keilty Garlett Wagner-j Vandenburg(medical) 

10

ins 

Schoenmakers (free agent) Langdon (swap 1st round 2020 pick) Cutler ((swap 4th round pick) 

draft. #2 Noah Anderson (if pick #3, Lachlan  Ash) # 21 Elijah Taylor  #39 Miles Bergman #57 Brodie Newman 

rookies added - Lockhart Dunkley Wagner-c

 

Don't understand the interest in Schoenmakers at all, he'll be 29 by next season, has never managed to average more than 1 goal per game and hasn't played more than 11 games in the last 4 seasons. I also very much doubt that Freo would entertain a swap of first round picks next year (or are you talking about spending our 2020 1st on Langdon? Because we're likely to be able to get him for our second this year). 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeff and Keilty gone. Really sad about Jeff. i was a big fan and he had more goal sense then most of players we have on our list. On his day he was pretty electric.

Thanks for your contribution Jeff. a Demon forever.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trade or Delist: T Smith (too inconsistent with injuries), J wagner (list clogger - Hore in front of him), JKH (vfl standard at best), ANB (so innacurate at goal and goes at 65% efficiency...), Omac (basically a glorified witches hat + Petty much better and versatile)

Retired: Lewis, Maynard

Already Delisted: Kielty, Garlett

cant see why anyone would want to delist Vanders, is one of the few with some fight in him when up and fit and to no fault of his own was ruined by the 4-6 week Misson curse this year...

I reckon we’ll have about 8-10 spots on the list to fill during the offseason

Trade In (in order of priority):

Brad Hill, Ed Langdon, Sam Gray, Dan Butler, Karl Amon, Jack Newnes

Minimum should be Langdon, one of Gray or Butler and one of Amon or Newnes

Draft:

With those targets I reckon we’ll be able to pay mostly with 2nd - 3rd round picks from this and next years drafts and possibly use a 1st (depending on if we can broker a split of our pick 3)

Look for class ball users in any positions with athleticism and speed as well as small forwards with good finishing (i’m yet to get up to speed with the draftees this year apart from the top 5 or so).

Whilst its all well and good to speculate that bringing in certain players and delisting will fix all of our issues, the successful clubs of the last decade or so have built been built on winning attitudes and hard work. still a long way to go to get back on track...

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2019 at 9:52 AM, TheoX said:

Thought JKH should've been part of the first round of de-listings, as the biggest out and out dud on our list.

Can't agree more, he's had his chances here. It's time to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2019 at 11:06 PM, spirit of norm smith said:

10 Outs. 

Lewis Maynard Walker retired. Delist- Jkh Spargo TSmith Keilty Garlett Wagner-j Vandenburg(medical) 

10

ins 

Schoenmakers (free agent) Langdon (swap 1st round 2020 pick) Cutler ((swap 4th round pick) 

draft. #2 Noah Anderson (if pick #3, Lachlan  Ash) # 21 Elijah Taylor  #39 Miles Bergman #57 Brodie Newman 

rookies added - Lockhart Dunkley Wagner-c

 

We shouldn't add any rookies they haven't been good enough keep them as rookies.

O.Mac has to be delisted, list clogger and keep Vandenberg.

Edited by WERRIDEE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2019 at 10:07 AM, Red and Blue realist said:

Don't understand the interest in Schoenmakers at all, he'll be 29 by next season, has never managed to average more than 1 goal per game and hasn't played more than 11 games in the last 4 seasons. I also very much doubt that Freo would entertain a swap of first round picks next year (or are you talking about spending our 2020 1st on Langdon? Because we're likely to be able to get him for our second this year). 

Ditto on that R&B.  Mere speculation i would think.  We couldn't be that dumb surely.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2019 at 8:57 AM, Bitter but optimistic said:

FMD chook! If we followed that rule, we'd have about 3 players remaining!

I suspect our bar would be much lower than most uncle.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2019 at 11:09 PM, AaronDaveyChipsAndGravey said:

Trade or Delist: T Smith (too inconsistent with injuries), J wagner (list clogger - Hore in front of him), JKH (vfl standard at best), ANB (so innacurate at goal and goes at 65% efficiency...), Omac (basically a glorified witches hat + Petty much better and versatile)

Retired: Lewis, Maynard

Already Delisted: Kielty, Garlett

cant see why anyone would want to delist Vanders, is one of the few with some fight in him when up and fit and to no fault of his own was ruined by the 4-6 week Misson curse this year...

I reckon we’ll have about 8-10 spots on the list to fill during the offseason

Trade In (in order of priority):

Brad Hill, Ed Langdon, Sam Gray, Dan Butler, Karl Amon, Jack Newnes

Minimum should be Langdon, one of Gray or Butler and one of Amon or Newnes

Draft:

With those targets I reckon we’ll be able to pay mostly with 2nd - 3rd round picks from this and next years drafts and possibly use a 1st (depending on if we can broker a split of our pick 3)

Look for class ball users in any positions with athleticism and speed as well as small forwards with good finishing (i’m yet to get up to speed with the draftees this year apart from the top 5 or so).

Whilst its all well and good to speculate that bringing in certain players and delisting will fix all of our issues, the successful clubs of the last decade or so have built been built on winning attitudes and hard work. still a long way to go to get back on track...

 

Can't argue with much of that AD.  Just need to add a genuine KF somehow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2019 at 6:52 PM, TheoX said:

Thought JKH should've been part of the first round of de-listings, as the biggest out and out dud on our list.

Wrong !Spargo, Billy Stretch just as bad

Trade or delist. Spargo, Billy Stretch, JKH, ANB, T Smith, both Wagners.

AVB Gets one more year under the new fitness Guru and thats it

Chandler and Bedford Just by the skin of their teeth

Hopefully Dunkley comes on a Bit

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    THE WORM WILL TURN by The Oracle

    When I was asked to preview this game, I wasn’t sure whether it was going to be played in Darwin, on the Gold Coast or the MCG. I had no idea as to the identity of Melbourne’s opponent. This would have made for one hell of an interesting match preview so I’m glad that the AFL managed to reorganize its fixture to enable a game … any game at all … to proceed in Round 19. We’ll worry about the Gold Coast Suns or whoever they put us up against when the weekend’s done and dusted and if and when

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    DRAWN AND DEEFLATED by George on the Outer

    1st v 17th ... it would seem a sure one way contest between the Hawks and the Demons but it was not to be with the game finishing in a draw, the only positive being the Demons still retain their top spot on the ladder. Melbourne was taught a football lesson by Al Clarkson, who with limited resources, just instructed his players to scrap, fight and surge the ball forward.  It stifled the Melbourne free flowing style of play and denied them the opportunities they could normally expect. I

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    PINK RAIN by Whispering Jack

    There is no certainty about life under a pandemic. You wake up one morning without a care in the world; the sun’s shining and it’s a beautiful day. An hour later, everything’s up in the air, the entire state is on high alert and the apartment complex next door’s in lockdown. The simple decision you had to make about buying a ticket to the footy at the weekend suddenly might get put on the back burner. There are other things in life to prioritise and on top of that, they’re predicting rain for th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    COR BLIMEY by KC from Casey

    In years to come, the old timers will talk in wonderment about the “Avalon Avalanche” that hit Werribee’s Avalon Airport Oval on a mild winter’s afternoon at about ten minutes after the halfway mark of the game between the local Tigers and their cross town rivals, the Demons from Casey. At that moment in time, the game was poised as if on a knifepoint. Up until the main interval, it had been the visiting team which had maintained the lead from the start but it had struggled to entirely asse

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    POWER FAILURE by George on the Outer

    South Australians should be well familiar with the damage that storms can do to the power supply.  But Port Power forgot those lessons on Thursday night football as they watched the Melbourne storm descend upon them from across the border and ruin their hopes of a top four placing. Just as equally, the win to the Demons cemented their spot in the top two and sent out the message that a team who had been going around in circles for the past couple of weeks, has in fact, turned into a cyclone

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    CASEY SUFFER FIRST DEFEAT IN TWO YEARS

    The circumstances were a little unusual last Saturday night as KC from Casey was unavailable to report on the Casey Dees due to work commitments. On the ground things were somewhat unusual as well given that, although there was a game to be won on the night, preparations were also being made for the forthcoming Thursday night clash against Port Adelaide with Ben Brown rested for large slabs of the evening. It turned out perhaps, to be a stroke of genius for Melbourne with Brown making a strong c

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    WEATHERING THE STORM by Mel Rundle

    The magic of Melbourne’s magnificent start to 2021 is beginning to wear off. In its past six matches it lost to three teams that were outside the eight, out of form —  teams which it had very little trouble bearing last year. This week, the temperature is turned up even higher with the hard fought spot in the top four at risk. The really ominous factor about the Demons’ upcoming Thursday night meeting with Port Adelaide this week is that it is due to take place at the very place where its dec

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    FEE-FI-FO-FUM by George on the Outer

    “Fee-fi-fo-fum, without a Full Forward the Premiership can’t be won!” So said the GWS Giants, as they exposed Melbourne’s fatal deficiency with a nine point win at the MCG.  In past weeks Melbourne has been barely able to gloss over the lack of a serious target in front of goal, while others were able to contribute.  But in a near repeat of the game from the previous week, players running up the ground simply had no-one to kick the ball to, when all that was needed was that one tall target.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    MUCH ADO ABOUT EVERYTHING by Whispering Jack

    Let's face it. We Melbourne supporters are a demanding lot. Here we are with our team on top of the ladder with a record of 12 wins and 2 losses, a decent percentage and a fair run home for a team with finals credentials. We have a fit list with lots of in form players, many of who are in contention for All Australian and other high honours, the team’s playing with purpose and cohesion and its VFL affiliate is undefeated and going gangbusters.  Still, we're all walking around with conc

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    HIATUS by KC from Casey

    After their five week Covid19 lockdown hiatus, the Casey Demons were fairly scratchy against Essendon VFL for the best part of 2½ quarters on Sunday afternoon but they finally settled down to motor away to a 48 point victory. With 20 AFL affiliated players on the team sheet, the Casey line up looked the strongest team ever put together since linking up with the Demons but the team struggled to score in the early going and managed its first goal to Aaron vandenBerg late in the first term.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    ESSENDONE & DUSTED by George on the Outer

    Essendon was the latest casualty as the Melbourne juggernaut rolled over the Bombers on its way to a 12th win for the 2021 Season.  It was a display of the difference in quality, coaching and system that defines those who will compete in finals and those that lie outside the top eight. Sadly, in these Covid times a mere 19,414 attended the game and the silence outside the ground before the match was eerie.  Normally, thronging crowds lining up at ticket gates and food carts were replaced by

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    HOME AWAY FROM HOME by The Oracle

    The Demons return to the MCG on Saturday night (albeit for an away game) for the first time since mid-May when they beat the Blues. At the time, they were riding high, undefeated and celebrated by the football world. In the interim, they lost to two teams that occupy the bottom six, beaten two top four teams in front of empty or near empty stadiums and somehow fallen out of sight in the AFL bubble despite retaining top of the table status. And in a strange twist, the mantle of the league’s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews


×
×
  • Create New...