Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 22 vs Sydney

DemonOX

10 minutes ago, AllMyTeamsAreWank said:

Goodwin yet to mention anything about the gameplan. 

Said on 3aw before the game the game plan needs to be adapted over the summer.

He actually spoke like a human during the interview, not the robot we get every post game.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, AllMyTeamsAreWank said:

Goodwin yet to mention anything about the gameplan. 

I’m glad you didn’t task me with shot-gunning a tin after every mention of “incredibly” or “frustrated” or “trust.”

lKr7rMfC4XastHfDnEt4wdbOzATCKXr1yL5V_ZhD

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Goodwins post match starting soon. 

Sadomasochism and self flagellum devotees unite for the preliminary final of pressers  

??? 

Goodwin would do a better job of selling Springfield a monorail, absolute conman. 

• Like 2

HEY EVERYONE, ITS OK !!!!

Goody just said we are gonna do everything we can to get better.

So, ..... um, ....... yeah.

Go Dees.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Same here, I currently buy three memberships and with another one due in October that’s four memberships that the club won’t get next season. They’re an absolute joke and no way will I give my money to such a heartless rabble. Those who think we’ll bounce back next season are kidding themselves. 

I buy four memberships a year on top of an MCC membership and am also completely disheartened but would put good money on us making the 8 next year.

edit - I’m not trying to make this a membership pissing contest either.

Edited by Beetle
  • Like 4
  • Shocked 1

57 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Something not right inside 4 walls.

Oh and Clayton Oliver, you are nothing but a selfish outright Fl og. Most overrated player on our list.

He's been playing like it 'dazzle', that and the continued whinging to the umpires.

He's got a big AA head after last year...

58 minutes ago, olisik said:

Petraccas looking disgruntled when on the phone to the coaches said it all. They have lost the players.

57 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

His body language was shocking on the phone.

I don't blame him, how can he be playing ruck.

At least he gave a f....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Beetle said:

I buy four memberships a year on top of an MCC membership and am also completely disheartened but would put good money on us making the 8 next year.

If they did they'd only make up the numbers.

1 minute ago, rjay said:

He's been playing like it 'dazzle', that and the continued whinging to the umpires.

He's got a big AA head after last year...

I don't blame him, how can he be playing ruck.

At least he gave a f....

We played Petracca in the ruck? Jeez that’s another one for the tanking thread

• Like 1

Made a poor choice and went tonight, rather than watch the Ashes.

Goody decided to try to test his latest approach out tonight - it was basically retooling the 2017 Richmond small forwards model that served them so well.

He made two major changes to their style, which has been mega successful at night.

Because we don't have Jack Riewoldt, he decided to go even further and scrap anybody over 6 foot (183cm) from the forward half. This meant that on those occasions when players were under pressure and have to kick quickly to a pack, there was absolutely no-one available to fly (except Fritter, who in desperation flew about two minutes before the ball arrived). Rampe, Lloyd and Melican had a field day.

Goody's idea was that we would be so methodical and precise from down back that we would link up and spot the best short option and then outrun them with our pace and the speed of our lead-up players. That worked well when Jordy got the ball, because he can kick quickly and find targets, but most of the time we were too slow to prise out an option. Part of that comes from the fact that our quickest (and arguably best forward all year)  in Jayden Hunt had been dropped. So on the few occasions that Angus and Olly and Harmes got clear they had nobody to single out. Only once dod a passage of short link up play reap rewards - watch a replay of the build-up to ANB's goal in the last.

The other surprise was that we decided for reasons that are best known to Goody to try out Spargo in a Caleb Daniel type role down back. The difference of course is that Caleb can kick 50m on the run, whereas poor little Spargs kicks like his leg is a seven wood.

Then because Spargo was playing back, we ditched our recent initiative of playing Jones as the sweeper/assist man in front of the defence. Instead we set him forward where we got a reminder of why we offered him just $160K for next season.

He wasn't alone. Did anyone feel any of our bottom 10 had good moments? Sorry but it was one of those nights where it's hard to walk away and find anything good to say. Sorry but if you had a Chandler highlight, you must have been watching Friends.

Hibberd was really good though (much more like 2017) and Jordy hit target after target and Lever got through another game and spoiled well. Melky also looked like he was back in the groove up forward. But from there you will struggle.

I still believe Goody deserves a chance at coaching under pressure next year, but I think we had better start planning our caretaker role because we are slipping further and further behind.

Does anyone know who the likely No.1 pick for the 2020 draft is?  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

I’m 33, which might be young to some supporters on this page, and started following us in 1996. This is without a doubt the worst season I’ve experienced. The disappointment after so much hype is just absolutely crushing.

Something really stinks with this club. There’s something rotting and I really hope this internal review yields something.

Ahh yes ..... A new member.
Welcome to the Bitter and Twisted Supporters Club.

• Haha 1

Yeah, can’t bloody wait for the bottom 6 fixture next year with some cracking time slots. We couldn’t even break 100,000 in total for the ‘ Big 3’ games. That was far from a professional outfit out there tonight, really disturbing to witness. How quick things can change!

Edited by Dee Zephyr

35 minutes ago, Hell Bent said:

I haven`t heard anything at all but what I saw from some of the players tonight and the continued lost in space look in Goodwin`s face has me in no doubt we have a problem behind the scenes.

Some of the most selfish play and horrible body language I`ve seen in an AFL match.

Lets hope we get some answers at seasons end, we have imploded.

Yeah but the happy clappers will keep bagging everyone on here that is frustrated beyond belief about how this club and the coaching panel have [censored] up our team. 

I hate football. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, olisik said:

Look at Cripps, bottom of ladder for years and always punches through in games regardless on how the team is going. Viney and Jones just go to [censored] when the teams down

Been a critic of Jones for years.
He's a true front runner.
And Viney just appears to be a smaller version.

Edited by Fork 'em

1 minute ago, jnrmac said:

Yeah but the happy clappers will keep bagging everyone on here that is frustrated beyond belief about how this club and the coaching panel have [censored] up our team. 

I hate football. 

Bit like this bloke @Lord Nev

1 minute ago, jnrmac said:

I hate football. 

Happy clappers MIA tonight like the club. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

I hate football. 

I think you'd find the happy clappers are just as disappointed and frustrated as anyone else.

• Like 2

I have tried to be optimistic but tonight was the straw. The primary blame for tonight rests firmly with the coaches. No tall of any sort forward and we played ANB, JKH, Spargo,Stretch who are not up to it. Seriously at least Hunt has tried all year and has shown signs. Then we throw Frost forward as an admission of the spectacular selection failure. And what were our mids doing. Max got every tap and they were nowhere to be seen. Secondary is those picked played with no heart. No one will want to join this rabble. It breaks my heart.

it was an embarrassing performance. Just pathetic. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, america de cali said:

Happy clappers MIA tonight like the club. 

History does repeat at The MFC, even though many on here don’t like to hear it. 

We do not have winning in our club DNA

Close enough is ok

Pert has one Summer to make a difference or it won’t happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, loges said:

I think you'd find the happy clappers are just as disappointed and frustrated as anyone else.

As they watch their insipid arguments go up in smoke.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

As they watch their insipid arguments go up in smoke.

Try and break out of the bitter and twisted mood.