Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Where is the Frost apology?

TGR

13 hours ago, TGR said:

“I think they’re paying massive money to Lever and May and Frost is their best defender,” Riewoldt told SEN.

“I’m more confident in Frost at the moment than the other two to beat a man.

“If I was playing tomorrow and the three of them lined up I reckon I’d find it harder to get a kick on Frost than the other two.

“I know Frost can stuff it up from time to time, but he gives great effort.”  (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-nick-riewoldt-garry-lyon-unpack-issues-at-melbourne/news-story/c4d626fff76702fe3ad9cb27ffc7ad87)

100% effort and speed.  No wonder most of you wanted him delisted from the club earlier this year.  Like the club, it's in our DNA not to value what we lack.

David King was too smart for his own good with the kryptonite comment.  As far as our supporters go, probably the other end of the spectrum.

Stick it up them Frosty.

Frosty is rapidly becoming our favourite player - for good reasons. Onyer, Frosty.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

He gives 110%, which is great. and his core skill of being able to bolt out of the backline to clear it along with being a pretty good 1-on-1 defender adds to it.

But those massive gallops often result in turnovers and once that happens and he's past the centre circle, the ball sails back and we're out-manned. 

Lever and May are much smarter players. They intercept, set up plays and generally hit targets. Much like Salem. Frost is better because of them, not in spite of them 

When ex-players like Roo-boy  say Frost is better that just demonstrates that they don't watch enough of our games.  Unfortunately that is nothing new, most commentators don't. With regards to our team I would wager all a lot do is look at a few stats their ghost-writers and support people give them and draw what they think is a well-informed opinion. It's no surprise that they will say Frost is the best player, to me that just highlights this process. 

Putting it out there, we are the best team to have ever finished 17th. We stopped going for finals before the bye, that seemed obvious to me, the rest of the year has been Goodwin putting on some diplomacy after a loss on camera all the while we're setting up for a full-on assault next year. The cleanouts in the coaching department and new appointments are all part of this. 

Keep the faith, next year will be good

Edited by Hatchman
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, bush demon said:

This post is another sad illustration of the Dees' backstabbing and white-anting culture and why we have owned the bottom half of the ladder for over half a century. So much for a supporter website...

Where did you get the idea is was a 'supporter' website, it's Demonland home to the biggest pack of hypocritical naysaying kings of hinsight

Unfortunately it is like a lot of online forums, pack mentality, 'let me not be the one that stands out'

If Saint Nick said Oscar Mc there would be a thread full of, ' I know I have been crtical in the past, but'

It's laughable 

23 minutes ago, Hatchman said:

He gives 110%,......................

How is that possible?

Surely if he gives his maximum or best effort that becomes 100%

A glass full of water is 100% full, adding more (impossible) does not make it over 100% full, if you can get more in the glass then it was not 100% full. 

Edit: And don't talk to me about overclocking, which is merely under specifying for reliability.

Edited by ManDee

Since tidying up his disposal he's been our most consistent back man. Fairly obvious statement from Nick considering the other two key backs haven't had a solid run at it to build form. I think everyone would agree that an in form May is much more well rounded player then Frost. But I'm glad we have him with his pace and intensity.

Next thing he needs to learn is when to switch gears. Now that his disposal is much better he can help his decision making with ball in hand by choosing when to go and when to stay calm and composed so his decisions aren't rushed. There was an obvious one on the weekend where he turned the ball over not because it was a poor kick but because his timing was off due unnecessary panic. Would like to see him develop a little bit of composure that Lever and May. It's such a great skill to have as a backman to pull up or fake a kick when you realize the option is poor. He has the pace to get himself out of trouble in one on one situations too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm a Frost fan. I love his efforts to chase, his willingness to create and his unique physical attributes.

BUT, if we're totally buying into what Riewoldt is saying, surely that means we're looking at getting a first round pick for him this year given he's out of contract? Maybe even more? I mean, he's now ahead of two of the most highly rated defenders in the league, right?

OR, maybe it's a shallow analysis? Maybe he's gotten better because he has players like May and Lever around him on game day, instructing him in reviews, competing with him at training etc.

It's an intriguing one that he hasn't yet re-signed and things have been so quiet about it. I wonder if his contract status/offer is impacted at all by any potential rival interest in OMac?

17 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

I'm a Frost fan. I love his efforts to chase, his willingness to create and his unique physical attributes.

BUT, if we're totally buying into what Riewoldt is saying, surely that means we're looking at getting a first round pick for him this year given he's out of contract? Maybe even more? I mean, he's now ahead of two of the most highly rated defenders in the league, right?

OR, maybe it's a shallow analysis? Maybe he's gotten better because he has players like May and Lever around him on game day, instructing him in reviews, competing with him at training etc.

It's an intriguing one that he hasn't yet re-signed and things have been so quiet about it. I wonder if his contract status/offer is impacted at all by any potential rival interest in OMac?

arnold schwarzenegger dinosaurs GIF

Where was all this love for Frost 2 years ago. Incredible U turn from a lot of "so called" supporters on this forum.

A lot were even mentioning to trade him to Adelaide to include in the Lever trade. Amazing simply amazing. Now those same posters are smoking Frosty's Pole.

#shortmemories

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rjay said:

I would back May personally...

Much better player and one on one defender.

I agree, if you can catch him on one of the rare days where he's not injured.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Supermercado said:

I agree, if you can catch him on one of the rare days where he's not injured.

Ironic that may has never had hammy issues and cones us and started having them.

Ironic because we have had a crazy number if injuries this year but hardly any have been soft tissue injuries.

Another example of how cruel the Norm Smith curse can be. 

17 hours ago, TGR said:

“I think they’re paying massive money to Lever and May and Frost is their best defender,” Riewoldt told SEN.

“I’m more confident in Frost at the moment than the other two to beat a man.

“If I was playing tomorrow and the three of them lined up I reckon I’d find it harder to get a kick on Frost than the other two.

“I know Frost can stuff it up from time to time, but he gives great effort.”  (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-nick-riewoldt-garry-lyon-unpack-issues-at-melbourne/news-story/c4d626fff76702fe3ad9cb27ffc7ad87)

100% effort and speed.  No wonder most of you wanted him delisted from the club earlier this year.  Like the club, it's in our DNA not to value what we lack.

David King was too smart for his own good with the kryptonite comment.  As far as our supporters go, probably the other end of the spectrum.

Stick it up them Frosty.

Agree.

75% of demonlanders want to delist the wrong players and seem to have a footy brain like Goodwin.  

not a peep out of anyone on this board about fritsch playing defence when he was clearly a fwd. that decision alone probably cost us 3 games. 

People also wanting to delist weideman is nuts. sure, he's had a bad year. but so has the entire team. he hasnt even been trialed as a backman yet which I think he would be good at and send May forward. 

Literally Goodwin is the most boring coach in football.  his press conferences are a sure cure for sleep apnea. 

2 minutes ago, binman said:

Ironic that may has never had hammy issues and cones us and started having them.

Ironic because we have had a crazy number if injuries this year but hardly any have been soft tissue injuries.

Another example of how cruel the Norm Smith curse can be. 

Hopefully he survives until Round 1 next year because he was massive when out there this year.

Just now, Supermercado said:

Hopefully he survives until Round 1 next year because he was massive when out there this year.

Yep, agree. I was super impressed. Strong. Plays smart. Good leadership. And surpringly quick for his size, which makes him super versatile. Can play on smalls, bigs and as an intercepter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

Agree.

75% of demonlanders want to delist the wrong players and seem to have a footy brain like Goodwin.  

not a peep out of anyone on this board about fritsch playing defence when he was clearly a fwd. that decision alone probably cost us 3 games. 

People also wanting to delist weideman is nuts. sure, he's had a bad year. but so has the entire team. he hasnt even been trialed as a backman yet which I think he would be good at and send May forward. 

Literally Goodwin is the most boring coach in football.  his press conferences are a sure cure for sleep apnea. 

What?

Any number of posters have been calling for fritter to play forward 

35 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

Agree.

You must have been on the wrong forum Dr.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

Where did you get the idea is was a 'supporter' website, it's Demonland home to the biggest pack of hypocritical naysaying kings of hinsight

Unfortunately it is like a lot of online forums, pack mentality, 'let me not be the one that stands out'

If Saint Nick said Oscar Mc there would be a thread full of, ' I know I have been crtical in the past, but'

It's laughable 

Go to Bigfooty then. I frequent Bomber Blitz and other football forums, when it comes to analysis and rational discussion, Demonland is actually on the reasonable side. Your description is more suitable for the Melbourne Facebook groups. I've had to leave most of them because during matches it's a combination of "Drop Petracca" or "Drop Omac" or "Sack Goodwin" with no rational or reasonable insight. 

We're very lucky to have Demonland.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

God forbid the supporters (ie those who tip their hard earned money in each year and go along to watch the team play) actually have an opinion on what is happening to the club they love. 

You might be better suited to the opera where you can politely clap the performers at the end of each act.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Any coincidence that he's played his best footy with Lever and/or May by his side? 

Frost has some great attributes. He could save us a game. 

He also has some astoundingly bad qualities. And could lose us a game. 

Am I surprised that many doubted him before Lever and May?  No.

Am I surprised that many lazily lumped him in to the Froscar bucket?  No.

Am I surprised that Dermott highlighted Froscar and overlooked our most experienced performer in our back half in the Prelim Final of 2018?  No.

Frost is valuable in spite of Lever-May, not because of them.  But if it makes the JCLs (johnny-come-latelys) feel better about their judgement...

Only the intelligent and unemotional could see Frost's value.  Even Goodwin had him languishing at Casey at the start of 2018; and Roos, and only a few others on here could not understand why.

Frost will be at the peak of his tackle-breaking ability in 2020/21 and 22.  A smart coach will tell him to keep taking them on, attract 3 tacklers and free up 3 team mates for an easy handball receive.  A smart coach might even try him on a wing in a dead rubber.

pTGR

• Like 1