Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Sam Frost - Contract status

Frosty is likely to bring in a good draft pick.  So the club may be holding out to trade him or perhaps made him a low ball offer and he is considering his options.

Frosty will be competing with Lever, May, Petty and maybe Oscar for the third tall.  He may get better offers in terms of # senior games, contract length or $.  He deserves to play in a senior side and not just be on the list as depth.  I doubt he will stay on our list and wouldn't blame him if he left. 

I just hope we don't do what we did with Kent:  Offer a 1 year deal and another club offers 3years and we give him up for pick 60 something.  

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Frosty is likely to bring in a good draft pick.  So the club may be holding out to trade him or perhaps made him a low ball offer and he is considering his options.

Frosty will be competing with Lever, May, Petty and maybe Oscar for the third tall.  He may get better offers in terms of # senior games, contract length or $.  He deserves to play in a senior side and not just be on the list as depth.  I doubt he will stay on our list and wouldn't blame him if he left. 

I just hope we don't do what we did with Kent:  Offer a 1 year deal and another club offers 3years and we give him up for pick 60 something.  

Perhaps the talk of our alleged interest in Keith from Adelaide may be part of a Frost trade.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Frosty will be competing with Lever, May, Petty and maybe Oscar for the third tall.

Frost shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Petty and Oscar, as a defender he's 10 Flemington straights in front of those two...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Perhaps the talk of our alleged interest in Keith from Adelaide may be part of a Frost trade.

I could handle it if we traded Frosty (an extra defender) out and got in a much needed wingmen or forward as part of the trade. 

If he was traded out and we recruited another defender in an older 'one-year-wonder' player, in Alex Keith', I would be furious.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Sign him up please has been our best defender this year 

Hasn't cost us 1.6 million like the other two

SIGN HIM UP!!

Absolutely.

Nick Reiwoldt this morning on SEN agreed with you.

Said he found him hard to get a kick on when he played and in his opinion is ATM our best defender.

Can't understand why because of a couple of mistakes a game, people want to get rid of him.

He has saved us multiple goals this year and generated play from the backline.

Yes he has his faults but which Demon doesn't.

I could name half the list I would rather lose than him.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Said he found him hard to get a kick on when he played and in his opinion is ATM our best defender.

Don't want to call Reiwoltd a liar but he is, they've only been on the field at the same time once, since Frost has been a Dee anyway. In that game Frost was a forward, it was in 2016 when Hogan kicked 7. Just another ex-player trying to guarantee a media job by creating headlines.

Frost has no doubt improved massively this year, but I read that Collingwood directly targeted his man (Elliot) more than twice as much as any other forward. Just wondering if opposition teams understand his liabilities and are happy with the odd intercept/dashing run knowing that he's just as likely to give up or cause a few goals? I've sensed that when May and Lever are in the team opposition teams are trying to isolate Frost a lot more.

Wonder what his worth would be if they don't re-sign him, if he's worth more to us than other teams might pay. Will they see his liabilities more than what he can do? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Absolutely.

Can't understand why because of a couple of mistakes a game, people want to get rid of him.

He has saved us multiple goals this year and generated play from the backline.

Yes he has his faults but which Demon doesn't.

I could name half the list I would rather lose than him.

Just to clarify, that's not what he said. He said if he was playing now he thinks it would be hardest to get a kick on Frost than the other two.

It's probably accurate when compared to Lever, but not May. May's copping it for being repeatedly injured but his actual performances when he's been on the park have been everything we should have expected from May, and more. Pretty crap from Riewoldt IMO.

In saying all that, Frost is one of only a handful players who have improved in 2019 compared to 2018. My preference is to sign Frost up and build our defence around him, May and Lever as the third tall. He should be a starting 22 key defender, and as such there shouldn't be too many better offers from rival clubs than the one we put forward, assuming we put forward a reasonable number of years and money.

The only alternative, IMO, is to use his currency as one of the few uncontracted players on our list with any currency at all, to trade him out to bring in something we need more than a key defender (with the argument being that we have cover in that part of the ground in the form of OMac, or Hore, or something like that - I don't agree, but it's arguable). But if we do that, we'd be looking to either cash in on a solid draft pick(s) or bring in something we need more than Frost (e.g. a key forward, a skilful/pacy winger).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Laughing Goat said:

Getting a bit sick of Gary bagging us. Yes, it’s been an unbelievably crap year . No denying it, but it’s also a year we have been absolutely beset by injuries... and that, following on from multiple operations in the off season.

The first thing Lloyd said when talking  with Bartel and Damo about Essendons horror loss against the doggies was “ they were missing 8 of their best 22” ok he went on to say unacceptable loss etc etc but there it was as a way to start describing the situation. I don’t think there’s been all that many  weeks when we’ve had less than 8 of the best 22 out! 

Edited by Wells 11
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kent said:

Sign him up please has been our best defender this year 

Hasn't cost us 1.6 million like the other two

SIGN HIM UP!!

Marty for mine but Frosty the most improved and not far behind.

Marty will end up being one of the greatest defenders ever seen in the red & blue IMV.

• Shocked 2

2 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

Just to clarify, that's not what he said. He said if he was playing now he thinks it would be hardest to get a kick on Frost than the other two.

Sorry Titan, I was driving at the time and I thought he said it was hard to get a kick when he played on him.

Where would we be without "Frost-Ball"??  One of the few things left that I look forward to in our games. 

Frosty gets hold of the ball, and takes off like a headless chook.  Always fun to see what happens next...!!  (And, as a bonus, a lot of his kicks of late have actually hit their target!)

He's a keeper for mine!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Vagg said:

Where would we be without "Frost-Ball"??  One of the few things left that I look forward to in our games. 

Frosty gets hold of the ball, and takes off like a headless chook.  Always fun to see what happens next...!!  (And, as a bonus, a lot of his kicks of late have actually hit their target!)

He's a keeper for mine!

He played at 100% effective disposal against the Pies. No one else got near that %.

I would love to hear he has re signed for 3 years.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Ive been one of Frosty's biggest admirers, He is a run and gun player, has well and truely cemented his spot in the best 22. His speed off the backline is invaluable, his kicking has improved over the last 12 months and yes has the odd clanger in him.

But you know what he is a fighter who battles and competes, those types with speed don't grow on trees.

Give him 3 years Dees.

Edited by Win4theAges

1 hour ago, Vagg said:

He's a keeper for mine!

I believe the correct adjective is "frostacular", meaning something that is awe-inspiring but not necessarily always for the right reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

He played at 100% effective disposal against the Pies. No one else got near that %.

I would love to hear he has re signed for 3 years.

Couldn’t agree more but we won’t and we will trade him for a slower player and still be the slowest team in the AFL next season  

Its the melb way. 

On 8/1/2019 at 3:32 PM, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

You're understating it. According to the Demonland Player of the Year, he's currently our 7th best player and we all know that as a group, Demonland is never wrong.

The heart flutters at times, with Frosty, sure. The heart races in sheer admiration of what he actually achieves. We have a really good one in this young man. This year, he has been our KPD improving heaps.

Short term: would hate to lose him.

Long term..... it's not just the mistakes with the ball that are the issue, it's the way he gets caught out of position when forced to make choices as well as some of the bad defensive errors he makes like spoiling back in to the corridor and not being able to use both hands that concern me. Will he ever be smart enough to play consistently well under pressure?

But with Hibberd looking close to the end and Jetta the same, as much as needing a key defender we need him as a back pocket like he played on the weekend. 

• Like 1

Just now, DeeSpencer said:

Short term: would hate to lose him.

Long term..... it's not just the mistakes with the ball that are the issue, it's the way he gets caught out of position when forced to make choices as well as some of the bad defensive errors he makes like spoiling back in to the corridor and not being able to use both hands that concern me. Will he ever be smart enough to play consistently well under pressure?

But with Hibberd looking close to the end and Jetta the same, as much as needing a key defender we need him as a back pocket like he played on the weekend. 

Yes, I'd think. He is more aware now of what he can and cannot do. Also, his awareness of what needs to be done is improved.  Good points....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Yes, I'd think. He is more aware now of what he can and cannot do. Also, his awareness of what needs to be done is improved.  Good points....

His marking is better and his short kicks now hit their targets more often not. But I worry his defensive mistakes won't improve. He's a defensive beast when tasked with a simple situation - see ball, punch ball - but when a forward can move him around he often makes bad errors.

• Like 2