Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTMATCH: Rd 19 vs St. Kilda

Demonland

I am  devastated and l  am so guttered and l don't think we are tanking. The one thing l get from this season is Harmes Petrac Gawn Salem, Lever and Oliver are always trying hard .Lever will be better for us next year. The rest have to have a good look at themselves for we can still spiral into oblivion. Disappointed however l somehow have to keep the faith and that is all l have to hang onto. If we finish off the year as we played tonight I would rather not turn up to anymore games for the rest of the season. 

Edited by nosoupforme
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack7 said:

1/3 OF TONIGHTS TEAM ARE NOT AFL STANDARD

Simple question:

How many games SHOULD we win with tonight's team?

Not totally sold on this theory.. Most people were saying the exact same thing about Carlton & Saints earlier this year. 

Look what a new coach has done to the ‘plodders’. I believe we’re just not being coached to our strengths & players are struggling to execute Goodwin’s game plan. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scoop Junior said:

In 7 of our last 10 games we have either been ahead or within one kick at 3/4 time. 8 games if you include Brisbane where we were level very late in the 3rd quarter.

Our record is 2 wins 6 losses in those 8 games. Of the 2 wins, one was against Freo with 2 players down, the other against Carlton where we still got overrun in the last quarter (although being 3 down was a significant factor). In the others, we've been regularly overrun in final quarters.

What is the cause? Are we not fit enough? Do we freeze up when the game is up for grabs?

We were very poor tonight for the majority of the game. But even still, we were within a kick at 3/4 time and got completely overrun yet again.

Hopefully we've added final quarter fadeouts right near the top of the ever-growing end-of-season to do list.

what is concerning scoop is that it was the same in 2014. We were in front in 10 final quarters. We won 4 games for the year. And lost our last 10. We look set to end the season on 7 straight losses. 

Not only do we find a way to lose. it appears we've forgotten how to win.

The loser culture is still prevalent. 

Edited by praha

52 minutes ago, binman said:

Sorry, did you make a typo. I assume you mean Twiggy Lever. His turn overs directly cost us 4 goals. Pathetic. What was the losing margin?

Our highest paid player can't hit a target 25 metres away. Gets a free pass. 

Right on the money binman. He is sub standard as a kicker. He can take all the intercept marks he likes, but when you are simply gifting the ball back, it counts for f.all. He is a smarmy, cocky 22 year old who carries on like a 32 year old veteran and everyone was sucked in. He is easily let off, even though he is as bad a disposer of the pill as Omac and Wagners 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beetle said:

It’s pretty sad when you arrive at the point where you are that starved of sporting team supporting success, where you almost wish your team would just shut the doors and put you out of your misery..

I’m almost at that point with the MFC. After 43 years of ups and mostly downs, the adrenaline injection I got during finals last year turned me into a success starved junkie....now Im chasing a taste of the good stuff again...

I fear I’m not going to see it again, at least in the short term.

It really does ruin my weekends. I wish I didn’t care so much...

I don't think the AFL will bail us out again.

It's looking grim

9 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Right on the money binman. He is sub standard as a kicker. He can take all the intercept marks he likes, but when you are simply gifting the ball back, it counts for f.all. He is a smarmy, cocky 22 year old who carries on like a 32 year old veteran and everyone was sucked in. He is easily let off, even though he is as bad a disposer of the pill as Omac and Wagners 

Omac is a better kick

• Like 2

2 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Says a lot.

34264FD1-2BC1-482C-AA2C-F5E39ADB8B38.jpeg

Well, this is very reassuring isn't it? If no one at the club has the answers, then who does. This is not what we want to hear. Sounds like everyone is up the proverbial without a paddle. Let's all lose heart now and officially give up, because it looks like they have.

So disheartened and crushed by this attitude. I'm hurt and I'm sure everyone else on here is as well. We want answers.

• Like 1

We have avoided media media Blow Torch, Ah time to call a Spade a shovel!! We are LIGHT YEARS away from being a side of any substance!!

Let that kick in 

ANY SUBSTANCE

We are in DEEmoralisation mode!

Sheeit I cant believe this team

Something has to give!!

I'm almost over it!!

1 hour ago, binman said:

Sorry, did you make a typo. I assume you mean Twiggy Lever. His turn overs directly cost us 4 goals. Pathetic. What was the losing margin?

Our highest paid player can't hit a target 25 metres away. Gets a free pass. 

Compare the pair.

1 is coming back from a long season ending knee injury, manages to get into position quick enough to take intercept grabs. Fluffs some kicks.

The other is coming back from a short reprogramming exercise because, quite simply, he stank. He can't read the play, is too slow to even get to the contest, would be out-muscled anyway, shows zero urgency, spoils into the corridor, however successfully completes the easy bail out kick under no pressure (because the ball luckily bounced his way while he was manning thin air). Oh, nearly forgot, still stinks.

I'm no massive Lever fan, but bugger me, this is bordering on the ridiculous.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

This decision turned the game in favour of St Kilda while the scores were still close. It was appalling. It should have been holding the ball. The St Kilda player took the ball in one arm and tried to get through two players without an effort in disposing of the ball. Number 17 umpire made several dubious decisions all night. Should go back to Bendigo and stick to playing cricket, a non contact sport.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Ok so in that case we can agree that our awful skills across the board have nothing to do with injuries, and just simply putrid footballers? 

Yes and no.

No. Poor skills are exacerbated by injury and interrupted preseasons. Fact. Same goes for any sport. And as much as i understand the emotion of another bad loss there is no such thing as 'putrid' AFL player, depending of course on your definition of putrid (a pretty base sledge in my book, but perhaps not others).

Yes. As i have pointed out literally hundred of times over the 9 years i have posted on Demonland we are, across the board, woeful kicks and have a critical lack of above average kicks, let alone elite kicks. Forget game plan and/or coaching we are not winning a flag until we fix this issue. 

And speaking of free passes Roos chose not to address this glaring problem and instead focused recruitment on players who can win contested ball but couldn't hit the Montague Street bridge with a semi trailer. The one elite kick recruited under his watch, Salem, came at the expense  of an even better kick and potentially a generational player.

And Goodwin has continued that trend, doubled down even, by trading out the best kick we had by a country mile and one of the best kicks the dees have had for the last 4 decades (and yes, yes i understand why). And doubling down further by trading in Lever who is a rubbish kick. A good, potentially very good, player (and i am ok with the decision to get him) but we paid through the nose for him and i have little doubt he is our highest paid player. And as such he should be our best player - in all facets. And if not kicking then we should have made sure we surrounded him with the best kick we could find.  

3 minutes ago, Dame Gaga said:

This decision turned the game in favour of St Kilda while the scores were still close. It was appalling. It should have been holding the ball. The St Kilda player took the ball in one arm and tried to get through two players without an effort in disposing of the ball. Number 17 umpire made several dubious decisions all night. Should go back to Bendigo and stick to playing cricket, a non contact sport.

Trac assumed it was a dees free and was putting his hand up to indicate he was not taking advantage. Woeful decision. 

• Like 2

I simply cannot fathom the fact we gave Goodwin a long term contract on the back of 1 good year. We then got Pert in, who was moved on from Pies for creating a toxic environment there. Then there is the President, who is a [censored] and doesn’t say jack [censored] all season. We have undone all the stability we had. We again lack identity. Pert has failed to deliver on the Yarra Park plan after being cocky and thinking he could get it done. We have no home base training facility. Our two captains are way off it. A voiceless President. A coach with a shocking game plan and deluded sense of where we are at. It’s back to the Neeld era tonight folks. I am that worried about where we are headed. 

Dont feed us “we’ve been in every match” rubbish. We were a flag favourite and we can’t play 4 quarters and have become the  laughing stock of the AFL again.

We all have a right to be furious. Don’t sell us bulltish about pre season injuries. All clubs get them. We traded our depth and got [censored] all in return. It stinks of poor management at every single level of the club. It sounds oh so familiar. 

FMD I need a Valium and a glass of scotch. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, FireInTheBelly said:

Compare the pair.

1 is coming back from a long season ending knee injury, manages to get into position quick enough to take intercept grabs. Fluffs some kicks.

The other is coming back from a short reprogramming exercise because, quite simply, he stank. He can't read the play, is too slow to even get to the contest, would be out-muscled anyway, shows zero urgency, spoils into the corridor, however successfully completes the easy bail out kick under no pressure (because the ball luckily bounced his way while he was manning thin air). Oh, nearly forgot, still stinks.

I'm no massive Lever fan, but bugger me, this is bordering on the ridiculous.

Compare the pair

One is paid close to 800k a season. The other is paid half that. 

One cost us pick 53 in a draft. The other cost us two first round draft picks. Two. 

1 minute ago, binman said:

Compare the pair

One cost us pick 53 in a draft. The other cost us two first round draft picks. Two. 

That's not his fault.
It's the fools in charge.

4 minutes ago, binman said:

Compare the pair

One might end up proving his worth.

The other cost near on nothing, and is now worth even less.

I respect your opinions on the game, but this dude is seriously no good.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dame Gaga said:

Yep that's a shocker.

I'll make some bold predictions. Umpire 17 does Friday night footy next week. Umpire 32 gets a week off, rubbish Sunday arvo game at best.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FireInTheBelly said:

Yep that's a shocker.

I'll make some bold predictions. Umpire 17 does Friday night footy next week. Umpire 32 gets a week off, rubbish Sunday arvo game at best.

If Umpires are the cause of our plight! We really are in serious serious strife!!

4 minutes ago, FireInTheBelly said:

I respect your opinions on the game,

That's were we differ.
I reckon he's clueless.
That or he just likes to defend the indefensible.

Goodwin started using injuries as an excuse with talk of cohesion & not having all players available.., all other clubs have injuries yet have depth to cover .. our skills & turnovers are deplorable & have vfl players at best ... we don’t bat deep enough. 

1 minute ago, Fork 'em said:

That's were we differ.
I reckon he's clueless.
That or he just likes to defend the indefensible.

Everyone's allowed an opinion, and everyone should be heard. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong. Still need to respect that.

Unless of course you think missing half the preseason makes no difference. That's where I have to draw the line.;)