Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - KYSAIAH KROPINYERI PICKETT

olisik

22 minutes ago, DaisyDeeciple said:

Just want to put my hand up and say I never thought he'd come on so quickly or demonstrate a tank like he has.

Anyone else?

I was very impressed with his draft video, but all the same his growth has been exponential.

I was not expecting him to get as good a tank as he has so quickly. He's come a long way since episode 3 of To Hell and Back where his teammates helped him complete a (gruelling) exercise on the beach.  

• Like 6

This bloke is the closest thing we'll ever get to Cyril Riolli at melbourne!

This bloke is a freak!

• Like 2

Yesterday was the first time I’ve seen him live. His second/third and fourth efforts are exceptional and really demonstrate his fitness improvement.

His balance (except for one notable slip) is out of this world.

His goal in the third qtr was started just in front of me with the first of his 3 possessions in the chain. Once he had the ball and was running at goal you didn’t doubt he’d finish too. Love watching him play.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, Mach5 said:

Riewoldt pretending to play the role of concerned citizen and mentor, but he’s actually aiming to diminish Kossie’s edge in my opinion. Ducks and drakes.

Damn right, ignore what Riewoldt says; promoting a FU mentality is no bad thing.

I think it's conceivable we don't win yesterday without him. The impact he's having is absolutely phenomenal. I reckon he'll be AA. His field kicking is underrated too, he just doesn't miss a target. 

And honestly, at the time I really didn't understand why Goody and co were all smug and giddy in that 2019 draft video. Yes he looked promising and had a good highlights reel but we were essentially reaching for a guy that was expected to go in the second round and making out like they'd won the lottery. They knew. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Redleg said:

What about the assists? He is getting them and giving them. 

Last season he had 6 goal assists in 14 games,

This season he already has 7 in 7 games.

His output has basically doubled or tripled everywhere.. in fact his goals have quadrupled. Its amazing. 

lKXVLPF.png

Edited by Pickett2Jackson
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Deestroy All said:

Shades of Jeff Farmer at Waverley with his first goal today, only Kozzie decided to involve half the team. [censored] electrifying. 

More than just shades, DA!? Can someone do a side-by-side video of The Wiz in Round 11 1998 and Kossie in Round 7 2021? From first gather of ball, to ball through the sticks, it's 17 seconds Farmer, 16 seconds Pickett.

...and I've gotta say, while the runs are equals for effort and tank, Kossie's shows of skill street Jeff's straight charge! (as do the respective involvements of teammates btw!)

Edited by Timothy Reddan-A'Blew
Added comment
  • Like 2

...and good to see he/they have been recognised in the Jag FMOTW. His run also, btw, had shades of his No.36 predecessor with a very Flash-reminiscent baulk sidestep?

On 4/29/2021 at 7:37 AM, Engorged Onion said:

I disagree with your premise @Deemania since 56.

We know that fantastic players, and fantastic teams will always be feted on or given more leniency from the media, or umpires.

Actually, it happens in all walks of life.

It's not just, or right, and it happens.

Thus, as we improve with our consistency in winning - it will come our way as well.

Your analysis reeks of Class Contempt. So you are a 'winner' ( landwoner) therefore you are entitled to better treatment ( slaves) .

Nah, if all men are  created equal they should all be treated the same way. So you're in a team that's won a few flags. By your reckoning  that gives them the right to play the Upper Class Landlord and the right to leniency. No-one has the right to abuse their fame, power, call it what you want.

I guess that makes me a Leftie...

• Facepalm 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, dieter said:

Your analysis reeks of Class Contempt. So you are a 'winner' ( landwoner) therefore you are entitled to better treatment ( slaves) .

Nah, if all men are  created equal they should all be treated the same way. So you're in a team that's won a few flags. By your reckoning  that gives them the right to play the Upper Class Landlord and the right to leniency. No-one has the right to abuse their fame, power, call it what you want.

WTF?

You're certainly weird

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, dieter said:

Holy Moses @dieter!! Happy to chat about it if you want to PM me, I’m all for a classless society and debating nuances - but can we leave the Kozzie Pickett thread for views on Kozzie Pickett?? 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, demonstone said:

Have you been drinking, dieter?  EO clearly said that "It's not just or right..." but that it happens.

Can't find anything in the cupboards. I'll check under the beds. Hope I don't find any communists!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Holy Moses @dieter!! Happy to chat about it if you want to PM me, I’m all for a classless society and debating nuances - but can we leave the Kozzie Pickett thread for views on Kozzie Pickett?? 

Fair enough. Now, you leave Moses out of this. This is about our Kozzie, ok?

9 hours ago, TRIGON said:

Damn right, ignore what Riewoldt says; promoting a FU mentality is no bad thing.

Kossie should have told Jack to stick that arm he raises after every goal up his ar$e

Edited by Demon Disciple
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

lKXVLPF.png

Even his free kicks against has been cut in half. Had great intent last year with his pressure, but so much more discipline this year.

• Like 3

I just noticed reaching the bottom of the Demonland page that Pickett, Davey and Farmer were all born in June.  That would seem to make a compelling case for putting our indigenous stars out to stud in September! 

• Like 1