Jump to content

  • Podcast     

  • Podcast     

WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - KYSAIAH KROPINYERI PICKETT



Recommended Posts

  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been waiting for my coffee in Horsham and fell into conversation with the happy indigenous gent beside me in a MFC tee shirt. He turned out to be the very proud father of Kysaiah having a pit sto

As an aside, I loved seeing Brad Green back in an MFC polo. The guy is a club legend, and (as everyone knows) he has endured seriously tragic and unwanted life experience in recent times - and he

He is literally the type of player we as supporters have been calling out for and now the pick we use is too high?  Build a bridge, and go support another team if everything is going to be negati

Posted Images

I'll never forget the day Byron Pickett shirked it, right in front of me on the mcc wing, when Tingay was going to run through him. Unfortunately, I haven't had more highlights watching Melbourne over the years.

 And Pickett ends up coming to the dees so I can't hang it on my mates who barracked for North.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, daisycutter said:

this is sanfl seconds you do realise? and only 1 game

in 12 games (sanfl 2nds, u18 and 2 games sanfl) he kicked 17 goals. take away the 6 in 1 game and you have 11 goals in 11 games

hardly a prolific goal sneak.

yes, he is a natural footballer type with x-factor but at 170cm i'd like to see a lot lot more of his capabilities and record to date

far too easy to be seduced by a highlights video of one game.

 

Im seduced some serious X FACTOR Small but so too was Paul Callery!!

I like what he brings to the table and very young and teachable>> Oh hang on its MFC!!😱

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, picket fence said:

Im seduced some serious X FACTOR Small but so too was Paul Callery!!

I like what he brings to the table and very young and teachable>> Oh hang on its MFC!!😱

weren't you seduced by juice newton too?......nuff said

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2019 at 6:53 PM, whatwhatsaywhat said:

he's very, very small

Came 10th in the National Combine running vertical leap WW.  Check the first video at the 1 min mark for the launch capability!

Edited by Rusty Nails
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for a small guy that will chew up opp mistakes and force opp mistakes then punish on the counter.  Someone that eats crumbs off the pack for breakfast with lightning quick reflexes, a great running leap for his size (equal 9th in the National Combine) and super goal sense and finish?

At a pinch he could even play short cameo stints in the mid given a decent pre-season or two.

Is it Weightman? ... Nope!  Henry? Serong?....ummm...nah none of those.  Taylor, surely it's Taylor!...hmm close but no cigar!

"Whoever it is, he can't be worth pick No.8 though.  That's just sillly" i hear you say.

Well think again fellow minions!!  Another piece in the premiership puzzle awaits...

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

Looking for a small guy that will chew up opp mistakes and force opp mistakes then punish on the counter.  Someone that eats crumbs off the pack for breakfast with lightning quick reflexes, a great running leap for his size (equal 9th in the National Combine) and super goal sense and finish?

At a pinch he could even play short cameo stints in the mid given a decent pre-season or two.

Is it Weightman? ... Nope!  Henry? Serong?....ummm...nah none of those.  Taylor, surely it's Taylor!...hmm close but no cigar!

"Whoever it is, he can't be worth pick No.8 though.  That's just sillly" i hear you say.

Well think again fellow minions!!  Another piece in the premiership puzzle awaits...

 

Great post mate. Couldn’t agree more.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we split pick 8 Kozzie is our best option for a small forward in the draft imv...

Kysaiah Pickett

Michael Farnell - Sports Imagery Australia

WWT Eagles/South Australia | Small Forward
02/06/2001 | 170cm | 67kg

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “An electric player capable of almost anything on the field  either in the air, or around goal, the player with the most X factor in the draft.”

DRAFT RANGE: 30-40

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

If we split pick 8 Kozzie is our best option for a small forward in the draft imv...

Kysaiah Pickett

Michael Farnell - Sports Imagery Australia

WWT Eagles/South Australia | Small Forward
02/06/2001 | 170cm | 67kg

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “An electric player capable of almost anything on the field  either in the air, or around goal, the player with the most X factor in the draft.”

DRAFT RANGE: 30-40

" the player with the most X factor in the draft.”"

 

Thats music to any Demon supporters ears.  Shame we wont have a pick to get him.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JakovichScissorKick said:

" the player with the most X factor in the draft.”"

 

Thats music to any Demon supporters ears.  Shame we wont have a pick to get him.

Pick 42 would have been nice to have kept. Still not sure why we gave that to the Hawks. Regardless of how we feel about losing Frost I'm not sure we did all that well in other parts of the trade. I suspect it might have been possible to get what we got (Pick 50 and future second rounder etc) and still kept Picks 42 and 61 and future fourth rounder if we were tough enough. I fear we were so anxious to do the deal and weren't strong enough in our negotiations. I reckon having  42, 50 61 might have been quite fruitful for us.  Thats my feelings anyway..interested to hear what others think. Have I got this right or confused things?

 

  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Demons3031 said:

Pick 42 would have been nice to have kept. Still not sure why we gave that to the Hawks. Regardless of how we feel about losing Frost I'm not sure we did all that well in other parts of the trade. I suspect it might have been possible to get what we got (Pick 50 and future second rounder etc) and still kept Picks 42 and 61 and future fourth rounder if we were tough enough. I fear we were so anxious to do the deal and weren't strong enough in our negotiations. I reckon having  42, 50 61 might have been quite fruitful for us.  Thats my feelings anyway..interested to hear what others think. Have I got this right or confused things?

 

Josh disagrees with you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 6:06 PM, Wrecker45 said:

I'll never forget the day Byron Pickett shirked it, right in front of me on the mcc wing, when Tingay was going to run through him. Unfortunately, I haven't had more highlights watching Melbourne over the years.

 And Pickett ends up coming to the dees so I can't hang it on my mates who barracked for North.

Byron Pickett and Stephen Tingay never played against one another.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, wonnabeeri said:

Byron Pickett and Stephen Tingay never played against one another.....

I don't want to derail the thread, but they played against each other twice in 1998, once during the year and in the prelim that year https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1998/111219980918.html.

Only times they would have before Stinga's retirement. 

Edited by DemonWorshipper
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DemonWorshipper said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but they played against each other twice in 1998, once during the year and in the prelim that year https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1998/111219980918.html.

Only times they would have before Stinga's retirement. 

Good pick up and my apologies. I looked on footywire and it for some reason is missing pickett's 98 season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Pickett should be around pick 50.  That’s not our range.  

Just a stabe bit i reckon he'll go a tad earlier NS.  More like 30 to 40ish.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Demonland changed the title to Welcome to Demonland - Kysaiah Pickett
  • Demonland pinned this topic
  • Demonland locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    WASH, RINSE, SPIN, REPEAT! by George On The Outer

    Although the Demons got over the line in their must win final round game against the hapless Bombers, they ensured it was Groundhog Day for their supporters who well remember what happened three years ago (although, this time they at least enjoyed the success of victory). Melbourne had its customary start dominating play and having plenty of chances in front of goal, only to find itself down on the scoreboard at the first change. Inaccurate kicking, particularly from set shots would have pu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE LUCK OF THE DRAW by Whispering Jack

    The long awaited clash between Melbourne and Essendon is almost upon us. Thirty-seven rounds of AFL football have passed by since the two clubs met on a balmy early April night last year in a game that produced a high scoring shootout at the MCG with the Bombers prevailing by 18 points. It was their only meeting for 2019 and happened at a time when the pandemic was something on the far distant horizon. Several months later when the 2019 season ended, the AFL issued the first of its fixtures

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THERE’S STILL A HEARTBEAT by George on the Outer

    When bottom side Adelaide scrapped together a win over the Giants last week, a tiny glimmer of hope opened up for the Demons’ finals chances. The patient was in intensive care but not quite finished — there was a faint pulse, a heart beating ever so slightly but was it enough when two more wins and other results were needed to fall their way? The first step was the resuscitation of a team that had lost its last two matches against sides then sitting fifteenth and sixteenth on the ladder. On

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 1

    THE FINAL HUMILIATION by The Oracle

    On Sunday, the Melbourne Football Club that won three consecutive games by in excess of 50 points last month returns to the Gabba, the scene of the last of those victories which was a 56 point drubbing of Collingwood. The Demons got off to a good start and won every quarter with a ruthless and powerful brand of football. They kicked 16 goals that day, their accuracy in front of goal a tribute to the skills the put on display throughout the afternoon and evening. In the four matches playe

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    GIVEN THE OLD HEAVE HO’ by George on the Outer

    Fremantle gave Melbourne the old heave ho’ from playing finals in 2020, in conditions that the Demons yet again failed to handle.   With the whole season on the line and the need to win to stay in contention for finals, what the fans saw was much the same as they have been witnessing so many times before — a complete debacle and capitulation against a side that sat 15th on the ladder before the game.     Promises made after the loss to the 16th placed Sydney Swans were rendered h

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    GETTING THE HEAVE HO by Bananabender

    The ute barely made it up to Cairns in time for us to check into the motel, fling a cane toad out the bathroom. and head over to Cazaly’s Stadium where we took up our position on the wing. There, we saw a completely different Melbourne to the one we watched on the screen only a few nights earlier from Alice Springs. This lot wore similar colours and Maxy dominated the ruck but the similarities ended there - the Demons were simply dreadful against the Swans. They started sluggishly, were spe

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A CLANGER IN CAIRNS by George on the Outer

    Having fought back into finals contention, the Demons had it all before them when facing a lowly Sydney in Cairns.  But in typical Melbourne fashion, they threw away the opportunity to cement their spot in the eight with a clanger of a game.  Right from the start, there was little to enthuse from the Melbourne players, who appeared to think that they only had to turn up, enjoy the North Queensland sun, and take away the four points.  Compared with the furious ground wide pressure of the

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    TEN MINUTES LATE by Whispering Jack

    The late Norm Smith, who played in four Melbourne premierships and coached another six, was a strong disciplinarian. Known as the Red Fox for his auburn hair and his cunning, Smith was a man of a different age to the here and now. Born during the Great War, he survived the Spanish Flu Pandemic, grew up in depression times, played mostly through the Second World War and its aftermath and coached in a period of rebuilding and recovery to a time of prosperity. Smith’s success was built on team

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    SAINTS HELL IN DEES HEAVEN by GOTO

    The last of this year’s indigenous games was played in the red heart of the country and could well have determined Melbourne’s finals aspirations but it was St Kilda that had its top four hopes dashed after a nail-biting finish in Alice Springs which saw them unceremoniously marched out of the position in football heaven occupied by them for much of this season. It all came down in the end to a goal-line decision as to whether a freakish shot by Christian Petracca was touched and the goal u

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    DO OR DIE by The Oracle

    Melbourne is, not for the first time, paying for lapses in matches whereby the club leaks multiple goals without answer and which usually cost the club in those all-important eight point games as it did last week against the Western Bulldogs which replaced the Demons in the AFL top eight. And this week, they come up against a team that reputedly plays in the same mode as the Bulldogs but has been able to prevail over better opponents than Melbourne. It’s not that the Demons are out of form

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    GIVE THE DOGS A BONE by George on the Outer

    The winner of the game is in the top eight and the loser out. Had Melbourne won, it would have consigned the Bulldogs season to the scrapheap given their remaining fixture which still includes a bye. The Demons led at half-time but they gave the Dogs a bone which was willingly accepted — they notched 6 goals in the third quarter and dumped the Demons out of the eight. This game simply saw all the bad habits return for Melbourne players.  When they serve up dinky kicks, dinky handballs, litt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    FRENZY by Whispering Jack

    The Melbourne Football Club should hand out an award to the person who came up with the concept of the 20 day football frenzy the football world experienced from Round 9 to the completion of Round 12 on Monday. When the AFL fixture was moved into a state of perpetual motion, things changed so quickly that it was difficult to fathom exactly what was happening to the competition but the Demons have been one of the beneficiaries to date. The flogging the team received at the hands of Port Adel

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews


×
×
  • Create New...