IN: BAKER, C.WAGNER

OUT: DUNKLEY, HANNAN

• Like 1

Can't carry Hannan and ANB any longer

Dunkley needs (deserves) more time

JKH must get a run

Preuss showed today that he is a work in progress....or lack thereof

Hannan and ANB should be absolute outs.

Oscar Baker sounds like he played well for Casey as did Corey Wagner. Otherwise the cupboard is bare.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

No JKH please, his papers are marked and rightly so. 

Hannan needs a spell in the VFL. 

Edited by TheoX
  • Like 1

doesn't matter but we may as well get a game or two more into Baker and I assume Weideman will play.

Said last week after watching Jetta play at Casey that he was far from ready.. who knows if he should play next week.

No use playing Lewis (not his fault but he should have not been reselected once the season was done.)

JKH.. why but then again why not.. give Gus a rest perhaps

• Like 1

I’d like to see something new. Jordon has been good the last two weeks and many on here have noticed. Hannan unfortunately has no impact lately, probably missing his buddy Melksham, our balance is totally out of whack without him.

Dunkley was quiet and ANB just needs to get reward for effort but is that enough now. Fritta just stay forward. Anyone know when Weid is available?

In: Baker, Jordon 

Out: Hannan, Dunkley.

Get ready to drop below Carlton on the ladder next week. Goodwin mentioned in the press conference that Lewis stays in because he is trying to create a winning culture.....um that ship has sailed and my suggestion is keep Dunkley in for experience, Wagner comes in ANB and Hannan out. The rest doesn’t matter as we drift off into AFL insignificance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

I’d like to see something new. Jordon has been good the last two weeks and many on here have noticed. Hannan unfortunately has no impact lately, probably missing his buddy Melksham, our balance is totally out of whack without him.

Dunkley was quiet and ANB just needs to get reward for effort but is that enough now. Fritta just stay forward. Anyone know when Weid is available?

In: Baker, Jordon 

Out: Hannan, Dunkley.

Jordan should be a good player for us and did nice things today. However I would rather him continue to enjoy his footy, keep learning and develop his body for the rest of the season. Maybe one run towards the end but not against the Eagles. Bedford likewise.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, TheoX said:

No JKH please, his papers are marked and rightly so. 

Hannan needs a spell in the VFL. 

Has to get a run, TX - sheer weight of numbers

Hannan and ANB adios.

Jones start saying goodbye, you deserve a send off on past form, not current.

Lewis, this year has been a bust.

• Like 1

Get Jordan in. Young Anthony McDonald and will be a future leader. Let’s give him a run 

9 minutes ago, Bmac1242 said:

Get ready to drop below Carlton on the ladder next week. Goodwin mentioned in the press conference that Lewis stays in because he is trying to create a winning culture.....um that ship has sailed and my suggestion is keep Dunkley in for experience, Wagner comes in ANB and Hannan out. The rest doesn’t matter as we drift off into AFL insignificance.

Tell me he did not say, "we are trying to create a winning culture' . I can accept we need his leadership stuff but that is a bridge too far. Did he also keep scratching his left leg when asked questions?

12 minutes ago, olisik said:

Get Jordan in. Young Anthony McDonald and will be a future leader. Let’s give him a run 

LOL 🤦‍♂️

Need to look at fresh legs next week and the week after, especially after the last 2 games and how tired we've looked.

OUT: Preuss, Lockhart, Hannan, ANB, Brayshaw

IN: Weid, C.Wagner, JKH, Jordan, Baker

Preuss and Lockhart were both pretty strapped up and looked to struggle big time as the game went on. Save them the trip and bring them in the next week. Gus just looks a mix of exhausted and over it, he has reached a critical point as far as intent goes this season for mine. Needs to reset.

For the sake of culture and genuine competition for spots, Goody needs to put aside his favourites for one week and pick on merit of performance and effort. Might not get us the win, but doing that more often will have us better focused mentally for next year.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WERRIDEE said:

IN: BAKER, C.WAGNER

OUT: DUNKLEY, HANNAN

Dunkley might need a spell but only his second game....needs at least one more before a "managed" spell provided he isn't overly sore.

52 minutes ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

ANB and Hannan should both go for Baker and JKH, while Weed in / out will depend on fitness I guess

JKH /Jordan couldn't be any worse than ANB .....Jordan worth a look for one or two matches?

52 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Hannan and ANB should be absolute outs.

Oscar Baker sounds like he played well for Casey as did Corey Wagner. Otherwise the cupboard is bare.

Agree re Hannan & ANB.  But need to add Fristchkrieg into this. 

So for mine it's....

Out:

Hannan - physically Gawn/spent...put him in cotton wool till the 2020 pre-season before he does a major hammy etc

ANB - great running / work rate and gets into good places....but a complete ball destroyer who has shown no sign of improving here season after season.  Depth at best or delist.

Fritschkreig - Endeavour and effort is solid BUT.... his decision making and willingness to hand ball to anywhere when about to be tackled or being tackled is just too costly.  Catches us out far too often on the counter with players out of position and all heading Nth, all of a sudden the ball's sailing over their heads and back to goals for the easy sling shot.  This isn't a one off and is happening match after match.  His decision to play on today late and kick around the corner (for the miss) when he could have gone back and eaten up the clock was unforgivable and the sort of stuff a coach only dreams of in a nightmare.  Imagine that in a major prelim or GF with the match on the line.  Shizen.  Go back and tidy things up, especially decision making / hand ball options, before returning please.

In:  Jordan, CWags & Baker.

I know Goody and the FD won't have the gonads to manage/improve Fritsch at Casey.  However, that's my take and sending him there would also set a good example for all that some things just aren't acceptable, even if the rest of your game was ok/reasonable.

Edited by Rusty Nails

4 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

Dunkley might need a spell but only his second game....needs at least one more before a "managed" spell provided he isn't overly sore.

JKH couldn't be any worse than ANB .....worth one or two matches.

Agree re Hannan & ANB.  But need to add Fristchkrieg into this. 

So for mine it's....

Out:

Hannan - physically Gawn/spent...put him in cotton wool till the 2020 pre-season before he does a major hammy etc

ANB - great running / work rate and gets into good places....but a complete ball destroyer who has shown no sign of improving here season after season.  Depth at best or delist.

Fritschkreig - Endeavour and effort is solid BUT.... his decision making and willingness to hand ball to anywhere when about to be tackled or being tackled is just too costly.  Catches us out far too often on the counter with players out of position and all heading Nth, all of a sudden the ball's sailing over their heads and back to goals for the easy sling shot.  This isn't a one off and is happening match after match.  His decision to play on today late and kick around the corner (for the miss) when he could have gone back and eaten up the clock was unforgivable and the sort of stuff a coach only dreams of in a nightmare.  Imagine that in a major prelim or GF with the match on the line.  Shizen.  Go back and tidy things up, especially decision making / hand ball options, before returning please.

In:  Jordan, CWags & Baker.

I know Goody and the FD won't have the gonads to manage/improve Fritsch at Casey.  However, that's my take and sending him there would also set a good example for all that some things just aren't acceptable, even if the rest of your game was ok/reasonable.

Goodwin dropped Fritsch for the prelim and played Tyson - that went well.

42 minutes ago, Bmac1242 said:

Omg that made me laugh

winning culture 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Need to look at fresh legs next week and the week after, especially after the last 2 games and how tired we've looked.

OUT: Preuss, Lockhart, Hannan, ANB, Brayshaw

IN: Weid, C.Wagner, JKH, Jordan, Baker

Preuss and Lockhart were both pretty strapped up and looked to struggle big time as the game went on. Save them the trip and bring them in the next week. Gus just looks a mix of exhausted and over it, he has reached a critical point as far as intent goes this season for mine. Needs to reset.

For the sake of culture and genuine competition for spots, Goody needs to put aside his favourites for one week and pick on merit of performance and effort. Might not get us the win, but doing that more often will have us better focused mentally for next year.

id be happy enough with those changes. i'd even add one more in Dunkley. thought he put in some real weak effort at times.

Lewis in for winning culture? More like Lewis in for showing teammates how to not chase or tackle and somehow get away with it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Goodwin dropped Fritsch for the prelim and played Tyson - that went well.

I doubt Fritschkreig for Tyson would've seen us improve by over 10 goals Chook.

Fritter is also down 14% from his 2018 season average output so far this year.  Not tracking well (among others!).  A managed stint with some focused constructive coaching for two to three weeks might be just the tonic before a recall. 

7 minutes ago, Demon Dude said:

id be happy enough with those changes. i'd even add one more in Dunkley. thought he put in some real weak effort at times.

Yeah thought about it, but I reckon leave him for one more then bring him out the next week as we freshen up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

I doubt Fritschkreig for Tyson would've seen us improve by over 10 goals Chook.

Fritter is also down 14% from his 2018 season average output so far this year.  Not tracking well (among others!).  A managed stint with some focused constructive coaching for two to three weeks might be just the tonic before a recall. 

Only disagreeing with the bit about Goodwin having the gonads to drop Fritsch. Like you, I was ropable about the decision he made in front of goal at a time when we could have won. Inexcusable.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Lewis in for winning culture? More like Lewis in for showing teammates how to not chase or tackle and somehow get away with it. 

Had more tackles today than all of Jetta, Lockhart, Gus, ANB, Fritsch, Hannan, Dunk, Hibberd, Preuss, May, Salem, Lever and Jones.

Wouldn't confuse 'not chasing' with just being slow. Also had more clearances than anyone aside from Oliver, and the most centre clearances for the whole team. Not saying he was BOG or anything, but the bloke has 4 flags that say he knows about "winning culture". That's 4 more than our whole club has won for 55 years.

Edited by Lord Nev
  • Like 9