• Podcast:      

Demonland

POSTGAME: Rd17 vs Bulldogs

1 hour ago, america de cali said:

It feels so much like it’s 2012 on here. All that’s missing is Cameron Schwab and Rhino Richards.

What about Freak and Yze_Magic......or are they still here?? 

2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

mate...all the p;layers in the world wont help

consider:

A good chef with a sound knowledge of food can conjour an incredible meal with the most basic ingredients....because he understands it.

The same chef with rubbish ingredients will struggle....but he/she will cook according to what is before them.

A good recipe can work ok with average ingredients if the cook knows what hes doing.

A very poor recipe will yield something totally unpalatable irregardless of who's cooking simply because it's flawed.

If you have a very mediocre cook...no chef...and Ok ingredients but a poor recipe you will always get crud. 

I say time and time again....our demise is by design.

In this Master Chef analogy, is our coaches box the mystery box?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, olisik said:

#3 or #4 after GC is given a PP or 2 charity.

Yeah looking like it will happen.  

2 minutes ago, Hell Bent said:

What about Freak and Yze_Magic......or are they still here?? 

My favorite ever argument on Demonland was when Freak told us that any players who stand exactly 174cm tall are no good. 

My god I’ve been around here for far too long... and still bloody jaded by this team! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

It has immensely, Steve.  How have you been going big fella?

Been pretty infrequent on here myself.

Otherwise, I’m kicking goals. More goals than the MFC mate. 

• Like 1

All the rules that are indecipherable like the Gawn blocking frees and umpire interpretation on intentional OOB are killing this game. 

Death by a thousand cuts (that is cuts and not a swear word describing the AFL). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jaded said:

My favorite ever argument on Demonland was when Freak told us that any players who stand exactly 174cm tall are no good. 

My god I’ve been around here for far too long... and still bloody jaded by this team! 

Maybe he was right.....how tall is Spargo?? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Jesus whatever happaned to Freak?

Anyone seen @Petraccattack?

Holy [censored], i went to tag his username but it never came up? Has he changed his username again??

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Jesus whatever happaned to Freak?

Anyone seen @Petraccattack?

Holy [censored], i went to tag his username but it never came up? Has he changed his username again??

Try the username @What

Edited by Robot Devil

Not such a bad performance given our injuries. At least that’s what I thought as I left the ground. Then I checked our injury list. Only players of note who were missing were McDonald and Melksham. There’s a possible case to be made that we’d have won with them in, but it still doesn’t excuse the long periods of sloppy play, lack of teamwork and fumbling. Hopefully, we’ve found a forward in Petty. 

So I saw a series of outstanding performances, well orchestrated and full of highlights.  Oh, I couldn’t make it to the footy, I was at a concert... When it ended I had that moment recognising we lost, but not being surprised.  Can’t comment too much on the game apart from what I saw of the first half on my phone.  We seem to be losing to a lot of mediocre teams this year, which really says a lot about where we are at.

3 hours ago, chook fowler said:

A good effort marred by too many stupid mistakes and non contributors.

This has been our problem all season along with skill errors but it’s not getting better either which is a concern. 

• Like 1

Demons are the number one team in the AFL for stuffing up gimme goals. 

We just panic within 25 metres of goal at either end. And we get no better at it. Not just when Gus runs in with a non shot from 30 metres, the amount of time we found a free player for a clear shot on goal and fumbled. It keeps happening every week. 

Middle of thd ground and we can be the harlrm globe trotters. Get within goal and we poop ourselves. 

Its sooo psychological because we have the ability. 

Edited by Bay Riffin
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bay Riffin said:

Demons are the number one team in the AFL for stuffing up gimme goals. 

We just panic within 25 metres of goal at either end. And we get no better at it. Not just when Gus runs in with a non shot from 30 metres, the amount of time we found a free player for a clear shot on goal and fumbled. It keeps happening every week. 

Middle of thd ground and we can be the harlrm globe trotters. Get within goal and we poop ourselves. 

Its sooo psychological because we have the ability. 

Our forward entries are like a 15 year old boy trying to pick up at a blue light disco

• Haha 2

Think that we have got some real problems with the game plan, the coach and the list. We really need to play more play on football and back ourselves to transition to the forward 50 quickly. Think less, score more. We are talking ourselves out of it when we go forward!

Terrible game all up. Umpires were woeful bit didn't influence the result. Bulldogs were also shocking, they should have put us away in the 3rd.

Players lacking pace like Nathan Jones and Jordan Lewis get exposed when the rest of the team are struggling with poor decision making and inaccuracy with their ball movement. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

I love you too, ding.

And I wouldn't call it retirement.  I'd classify it as a self imposed holiday.  Done wonders for the mental state of supporting the side.  You should try it sometime.

Wish you and Prodee were back full time. Sick of listening to the perennialy negative.

• Like 2

I would like to see the player handpassing, rovide a shepherd.

i guess I would like to see any of our players shepherding a teammate.

Shepherding creates or makes space to allow the person with the ball or the one most likely to get it have time to get balanced.

i am aware that we may be likely to be penalised so would call the umpires in to have a discussion about our techniques.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Jaded said:

194 wasn’t it? It was in reference to Dunn. Too tall to be a mid and too short to be a KP apparently.

A close loss like this one can make you lose context so here's some balance: we went into this game without a key forward and relying on a 7-game novice defender to substitute for a 150 defender-turned-forward who had just struck from the previous two weeks. Our developing forward was also missing taking out seven goals form last week's total.

Our defence looked good on paper but Lever and Jetta, Nev especially, were underdone. Criticism of their selection is misplaced however. They are part of our long term backline and the sooner they are alongside May and Hibberd to develop an understanding on one another's games the better for next year and beyond. We need them playing together. That was as bad as Nev has ever been but his upside will come with match fitness.

Despite some absolutely horrendous umpiring decisions that hurt us we were right in this game. Fritsch (and May) cost us with that last quarter miss but his snaps earlier gave us two goals of a sort we have not been able to find this year. The sooner he is released forward the better. May's determination to take the game on late was brilliant despite his missed shot. He is going to be great value.

And finally, we were playing the Dogs who have finals pretensions (probably misplaced) on their preferred deck. Play that elsewhere and umpiring included we still win. They will point to their third quarter misses for what might have been but we matched them for that by game's end. 

There was more to like about that game than dislike given our injuries and underdone returning players. Come draft time we might reckon it's a good one to lose although I can see the Blues having only two more wins - the Suns and Saints.

Edited by pitmaster
  • Like 10

9 hours ago, Thehardtackler said:

Think that we have got some real problems with the game plan, the coach and the list. We really need to play more play on football and back ourselves to transition to the forward 50 quickly.

Efforts this year suggest we don't have the skills to implement that game style right now. It's only since we abandoned the kamikaze style that we have regained some competitiveness. I reckon that approach is gone at least until we have a healthy list and more skilled users.

7 minutes ago, pitmaster said:

A close loss like this one can make you lose context so here's some balance: we went into this game without a key forward and relying on a 7-game novice defender to substitute for a 150 defender-turned-forward who had just struck from the previous two weeks. Our developing forward was also missing taking out seven goals form last week's total.

Our defence looked good on paper but Lever and Jetta, Nev especially, were underdone. Criticism of their selection is misplaced however. They are part of our long term backline and the sooner they are alongside May and Hibberd to develop an understanding on one another's games the better for next year and beyond. We need them playing together. That was as bad as Nev has ever been but his upside will come with match fitness.

Despite some absolutely horrendous umpiring decisions that hurt us we were right in this game. Fritsch (and May) cost us with that last quarter miss but his snaps earlier gave us two goals of a sort we have not been able to find this year. The sooner he is released forward the better. May's determination to take the game on late was brilliant despite his missed shot. He is going to be great value.

And finally, we were playing the Dogs who have finals pretensions (probably misplaced) on their preferred deck. Play that elsewhere and umpiring included we still win. They will point to their third quarter misses for what might have been but we matched them for that by game's end. 

There was more to like about that game than dislike given our injuries and underdone returning players. Come draft time we might reckon it's a good one to lose although I can see the Blues having only two more wins - the Suns and Saints.

A good and balanced overview. I however am not so sure about the selection of Jetta - his form at Casey the previous week was poor and prior to his injury he looked slow. We may well have seen the best of him and Hore now ranks ahead of him. We were also hurt by the non-contribution of Hannan. With our forward line in disarray he needed to step up and some of his efforts were insipid at best. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Nasher said:

194 wasn’t it? It was in reference to Dunn. Too tall to be a mid and too short to be a KP apparently.

My apologies. 194 was the cursed number. Sorry Freak 😂