Jump to content

Demonland

Round 17 Non MFC Games

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

nothing survives up there except Concrete and Corruption....

No wonder Gil loves it. Heads full of concrete, as for the corruption.....................

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

The Gold Coast need to be killed off. But the AFL won’t do it. 

They will drain the talent pool further...

 

nothing survives up there except Concrete and Corruption....

Even the concrete has a hard time surviving up there. Concrete cancer.  Corruption rules. Could future sea level rise be the ultimate cleanser and also force the AFL’s hand? Hopefully we don’t have to wait that long.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, napster said:

Even the concrete has a hard time surviving up there. Concrete cancer.  Corruption rules. Could future sea level rise be the ultimate cleanser and also force the AFL’s hand? Hopefully we don’t have to wait that long.

Salt will ultimately rule....!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Demon Jack said:
30 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Lets hope the crows can do the same to essendon next week

If you are both a suns fan and a titans fan then that would feel horrific. 

Such a person exists?

I barrack for MFC and BHA, so …. the existence of such a complete and utter loser is entirely possible. The universe is a wondrous place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Salt will ultimately rule....!

Hear hear. It will be known as the era of The Saltimate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is the heat seriously going to come down on the suns? I mean this is there 9th year. Yes it's a tough market up there but they have been handed everything. Gee i wonder how Stuey Dews sleeps at night. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dees189227 said:

When is the heat seriously going to come down on the suns? I mean this is there 9th year. Yes it's a tough market up there but they have been handed everything. Gee i wonder how Stuey Dews sleeps at night. 

I'm in the minority, but I feel sorry for them.

GWS had twice as many concessions as they did, at a time that was the most crucial to their long term viability.

Add to that Ablett royally screwing them over. I mean how many players that had ongoing shoulder issues and missed games constantly could end up now playing full seasons, WITHOUT ANY STRAPPING!!! He scammed that club, had no intention of playing to his best. It was a time out for him and a cash in. He messed up the culture with his religious BS as well. No wonder players wanted out.

I'll get smashed for it, but I think they should get a priority pick.

  • Like 4
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, napster said:

Agree with you about the Bombers, but the Pies are right up there in the good lovin' the umps dish out. Not many teams go to Perth and end up plus 3 for frees. Both Ess and Coll are very much part of the AFL's agenda.

A mate told me that some punter had $30,000 on the Weagles to win that game. I wonder what influence that had on the umpiring? It did seem unusually fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FireInTheBelly said:

I'm in the minority, but I feel sorry for them.

GWS had twice as many concessions as they did, at a time that was the most crucial to their long term viability.

Add to that Ablett royally screwing them over. I mean how many players that had ongoing shoulder issues and missed games constantly could end up now playing full seasons, WITHOUT ANY STRAPPING!!! He scammed that club, had no intention of playing to his best. It was a time out for him and a cash in. He messed up the culture with his religious BS as well. No wonder players wanted out.

I'll get smashed for it, but I think they should get a priority pick.

I agree regarding Ablett.  He could have gone down as the greatest player ever and won 2 more flags at the Cats potentially. He started amazingly but those last 2-3 years at GC he was as soft as butter, kept his body right for the return to Geelong and still retained the captaincy.  He would surely regret leaving the cats. at his peak he would have been on close to a mil/per year at cats after their stars retired.  not enough Gaz?

Tarnished his reputation for sure

GC have almost no chance of ever being a decent side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

At a time when commentators have gone soft on umpiring, apparently under AFL 'guidance', it is good to see Richo call them out richo-fumes-at-inconsistent-decisions  "What did we lose free kicks by? A lot I think. I didn't think the umps had a great night...It was as much about the non-calls as it was the calls."

Free kicks last night Geel 26 vs Saints 14.  Last week North 25 vs Saints 16 and the location of the frees means a great deal as 7 were in front of goal which resulted in 7 goals for North. 

Richo has every reason to be fuming - the umpiring is terribly inconsistent especially within games and no one is allowed to say anything for fear of offending them!!! Bravo, Richo!

Folks, we need to brace ourselves for the umpiring today - Bulldogs are perennial beneficiaries of lopside free kick counts and non-calls of their colloquially called 'slick handballs' ie throws.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geelong are falling into their season end form again. The old bodies are falling by the wayside. If it wasn't for Dangermouse, they would be in the same position as Hawthorn,  Same as last year.  Hawkins has to be one of the laziest players going around.  Will not run, will not contest, Brown absolutely toweled him last night.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Geelong are falling into their season end form again. The old bodies are falling by the wayside. If it wasn't for Dangermouse, they would be in the same position as Hawthorn,  Same as last year.  Hawkins has to be one of the laziest players going around.  Will not run, will not contest, Brown absolutely toweled him last night.  

Let’s hope so, Jeelong are unwatchable for me. 

Smug turds....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

At a time when commentators have gone soft on umpiring, apparently under AFL 'guidance', it is good to see Richo call them out richo-fumes-at-inconsistent-decisions  "What did we lose free kicks by? A lot I think. I didn't think the umps had a great night...It was as much about the non-calls as it was the calls."

Free kicks last night Geel 26 vs Saints 14.  Last week North 25 vs Saints 16 and the location of the frees means a great deal as 7 were in front of goal which resulted in 7 goals for North. 

Richo has every reason to be fuming - the umpiring is terribly inconsistent especially within games and no one is allowed to say anything for fear of offending them!!! Bravo, Richo!

Folks, we need to brace ourselves for the umpiring today - Bulldogs are perennial beneficiaries of lopside free kick counts and non-calls of their colloquially called 'slick handballs' ie throws.

Dead set correct Luci!

I have found this year's umpiring the most inconsistent and , at times, unfathomable that I can remember.

This an area that Gil the dill needs to act on. More training, more incentives a better career path for umpires? I don't know the answer but Gil is payed squillions to sort these issues out.

About time he earned his dough.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Port:  Down hill skiers

Lions:  The real deal

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Port:  Down hill skiers

Lions:  The real deal

Indeed Luci, Lions are a serious threat the way they are playing, like them a lot but I will put a little hate on them just for tonight. They are keeping Essendon in the 8.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2019 at 4:04 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

Port:  Down hill skiers

Lions:  The real deal

Interesting contrast between us and Brisbane against Port. Port targeted Lachie Neale viciously just like they did with Gawn. Brisbane took no bull and not only won the fight but kicked 7 straight before Port fired a shot. All Neale’s  teammates came to his defence. Nobody came to help out Gawn. Brisbane have the soul and spirit we lack.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, america de cali said:

Interesting contrast between us and Brisbane against Port. Port targeted Lachie Neale viciously just like they did with Gawn. Brisbane took no bull and not only won the fight but kicked 7 straight before Port fired a shot. All Neale’s  teammates came to his defence. Nobody came to help out Gawn. Brisbane have the soul and spirit we lack.

what they did is won the ball, spread brilliant, and kicked accurately

in short, they played great footy - other than robinson mouthing off coming off the bench (when they were already six goals up), they weren't that demonstrative back against port really

neale also came on and off the ground a lot to try to shake the tag

port are harder to get a read on than us; they're up and down whereas we're just consistently ordinary

fwiw, i didn't think port did anything that untoward to either gawn or neale - just made em earn it

Edited by whatwhatsaywhat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    HELP by KC rom Casey

    The Casey Demons finished off their home and away season against Frankston at Skybus Stadium on Sunday with a narrow, unconvincing 6-point victory that left the door slightly open for a top eight berth when the VFL finals begin in a fortnight’s time. While sunny skies prevailed over Frankston in the morning, the skies became overcast by noon and heavy waves pounded the bay nearby as the rains came in to greet the players as the game started. And conditions stayed dark and dreary for the rem

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS by George on the Outer

    Thanks, but no thanks! In a round where the club was supposed to thank their fans for the support during the year, the Melbourne Football Club chose to do otherwise with a 53 point loss to a team that sat 15th on the ladder.  Don’t give us cheap jumpers that can’t be sold in the Demon shop.  Don’t give us vouchers to shop there, give us something on the field, which is why we come to the football in the first place. It was a disgraceful performance, which started with a disgracefu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SLEEP OUT AT THE MCG by The Oracle

    Around about 12 months ago Melbourne and Sydney fought out an epic battle between two top eight teams fighting for the best possible ladder position in the lead up to the finals. The Swans triumphed by 9 points at the MCG after the Demons came back from five goals down at three quarter time. But for its poor kicking for goal, Melbourne might well have won the game and finished in the top four. Who knows what might then have happened for the club in September? As a consequence, the person re

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by KC from Casey

    Two clubs that have been hard hit by injury recently took part in a dour battle under dark clouds and, with intermittent showers falling, it wasn’t a pretty game at Victoria Park on Sunday. Despite all that, the Casey Demons added a little ray of sunshine to their day to get the job done over a "traditional" rival with a 15 point victory over Collingwood VFL that breathed life back into their season. There were a few highlights at the ground that in past days has seen many titanic batt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE RETRO ROUND by George on the Outer

    We have seen it all before… Yes, a wonderful idea to showcase what used to be in football.  Big crowds, umpires who knew how to apply the rules and not opinions, high marks, skilful players. But for the Melbourne supporters their retro is what it has been like for the past 10 years. Losing games, end on end, year after year.  Opportunities squandered in front of goal. VFL standard players running around at the MCG. Just more of the same, and the game against Collingwood was no ex

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Thanks to Demonlanders for their input into this week’s preview. Ralphius Maximus is short and bittersweet: We'll crack in at the bounce to create a contest, win our share of the ball, butcher the forward movement and get scored on easily from the intercepts. Not that hard to predict. Big Demon says: Unfortunately Collingwood will win because they have a lot more to play for. We will be good in parts but really the season is well over so we will have to put up with those bell

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHAT, NO BLOOD? by George on the Outer

    The feeling when turning up to the MCG on a Saturday night to play a top four side in Richmond, while the Melbourne sits cemented in close proximity to the bottom of the table is like attending the Colosseum in Ancient Roman times. The expectation is that a bloodbath is about to occur. There are 100,000 Richmond members and 50,000 Melbourne members, and despite the fact that it turned out to be a wet night after half-time, a crowd of only 37K bothered to turn up. That should never have happ

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    A MAN’S ERRAND by KC from Casey

    A young and undermanned Casey Demons were sent out on Saturday to the Swinburne Centre in the shadows of the MCG on a man’s errand against a very experienced Richmond VFL combination which is the clear ladder leader and fielded no less than 18 AFL listed players. It was expected to be a rout and the Tigers made easy work of it in the early stages when they held a 26 point lead by quarter time. To their credit however, the Demons weathered the storm and kept their opponents within the range

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THAT’S FOOTBALL by Whispering Jack

    As the season rolls on towards the finals and the football world witnesses the aftermath of the sacking of the league’s unsuccessful coaches, it’s almost  inevitable that the spotlight will turn firmly upon the complete and utter failure of season 2019 - the Melbourne Football Club.  For a team that finished in fourth place last year and was heavily touted as a premiership contender, the fall from grace has been dramatic. As things stand, the Demons look certain to finish 13 places down on

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE MOMENT OF TRUTH IS COMING by KC from Casey

    At half time in Sunday’s game at Trevor Barker Beach Oval, things weren’t looking too flash for the flailing finals prospects of the Casey Demons. Key forward Sam Weideman had suffered a concussion in his first contest and, with a few exceptions, the team was playing like a rabble rather than a finals contender. The Demons were 23 points in arrears to the Zebras and their season was headed towards oblivion. It was the skipper Mitch White who spurred his team on by word and by deed - he fini

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    RIPPING THE HEART OUT by George on the Outer

    And BOG for St. Kilda in last night’s game at Marvel Stadium? It was Melbourne!  This brilliant contributor managed to be the initiator of 13.7 in turnovers for the side, and resulted in a come from behind victory for the mighty Saints. That’s it folks, Melbourne have set a new record for the most turnovers resulting in opposition scores. Despite leading half way through the final quarter (yet again) the Demons managed to right themselves and deliver the ball directly to the opposition

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    AINT THAT A CRYING SHAME by The Oracle

    It’s a crying shame that we happen to be playing against the resurgent St Kilda just as they have managed to overcome a rotten patch of form with an upsurge in momentum resulting from the sacking of its coach and the appointment of a new one.    The Saints had a purple patch at the start of the season winning four of their first five games (including the one against the sloppy and sluggish Demons in Round 5) before collapsing into the sink hole that led to them parting ways with coach Alan

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

×
×
  • Create New...