Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Honesty

Flemo56

Port’s coach has openly criticised his team for being unreliable, bucks has stated his team was soft and teammates didn’t back up one another......welcome to our world ?. I really wish there was some honesty and truthful appraisal coming from our coach about the way we’re playing as a team. Enough of the soft approach and molly cuddling these grown men. I as a supporter are seeing nothing changing, I would hope internally these players are being told how bad it looks to keep churning over the same mistakes week after week. FFS Goody tell it how it is, and own it, our skills are very poor, our defensive running is woeful, our team structure falls apart too easily and the chaos game plan is not working for us, it actually helps the opposition beat us way to easily on the outside. Sorry but I’m ova the excuses and so called it’ll b alright attitude I’ve heard for way too long. That One day for us seems so far away, just having a win would seem to be our premiership. 

So it was just the honesty of those coaches that bought me too this rant. 

I actually thought Goody was pretty honest in his post match interview against the brisso’s, and I no he wouldn’t and shouldn’t publicly berate Tom for the dropped mark, or Angus for the stupid handballs too????? or the countless other eff ups that we’re so skilled at..............

And now for the positives...............ummmmm, oh yeah max will b ok and Salem got off being hip butted by a geeeeraffff. 

All is good tho I’ll b back for more and I haven’t heard anyone from dland saying there gunna stop supporting the mfc, thick skinned lot we have become.

Honestly how do YOU feel? I’ve gotten used to our failings as a footy club unfortunately ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

I couldn’t follow the post, can anyone translate from Boomer into English for me?

Well that’s an honest response Clint, I appreciate that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Not sure Goody is the best person to be telling them they're making the same mistakes over and over every week when he's continuing with the same game plan/style every week (that sees us currently 16th), even though rule changes and AFL trends (on top of fitness/injury issues) make it a complete disaster for us.

• Like 5

Garry was pretty honest on On the Couch, when he said, we were the worst disposing team in the AFL and why would the game plan stay the same when it is clearly not working. He had a go at the Coaching for not adapting to what was happening.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Garry was pretty honest on On the Couch, when he said, we were the worst disposing team in the AFL and why would the game plan stay the same when it is clearly not working. He had a go at the Coaching for not adapting to what was happening.

So did Roosy.

(Just for those who were planning on chiming in with the typical 'He chose Neeld, what would he know?!' rubbish)

• Like 2

Someone complained to me today about paying for their membership by the month (and Grand Final guarantee included). When will this torture end?! was the gist of their complaint. Seeing the money go out of their account every month just rubs salt into the wounds of the long suffering Melbourne supporter. 

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Redleg said:

We changed a number of the coaching roles recently. As a matter of interest, how long would people expect any impact from such a change to show itself in the way we play? I would have thought at least three matches and that's if the players understand the changes and can actually execute them.

I'm not being critical, just curious. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flemo56 said:

Port’s coach has openly criticised his team for being unreliable, bucks has stated his team was soft and teammates didn’t back up one another......welcome to our world ?. I really wish there was some honesty and truthful appraisal coming from our coach about the way we’re playing as a team. Enough of the soft approach and molly cuddling these grown men. I as a supporter are seeing nothing changing, I would hope internally these players are being told how bad it looks to keep churning over the same mistakes week after week. FFS Goody tell it how it is, and own it, our skills are very poor, our defensive running is woeful, our team structure falls apart too easily and the chaos game plan is not working for us, it actually helps the opposition beat us way to easily on the outside. Sorry but I’m ova the excuses and so called it’ll b alright attitude I’ve heard for way too long. That One day for us seems so far away, just having a win would seem to be our premiership. 

So it was just the honesty of those coaches that bought me too this rant. 

I actually thought Goody was pretty honest in his post match interview against the brisso’s, and I no he wouldn’t and shouldn’t publicly berate Tom for the dropped mark, or Angus for the stupid handballs too????? or the countless other eff ups that we’re so skilled at..............

And now for the positives...............ummmmm, oh yeah max will b ok and Salem got off being hip butted by a geeeeraffff. 

All is good tho I’ll b back for more and I haven’t heard anyone from dland saying there gunna stop supporting the mfc, thick skinned lot we have become.

Honestly how do YOU feel? I’ve gotten used to our failings as a footy club unfortunately ?

@Flemo56, you wouldn’t be an ex-artillery man by any chance?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

We changed a number of the coaching roles recently. As a matter of interest, how long would people expect any impact from such a change to show itself in the way we play? I would have thought at least three matches and that's if the players understand the changes and can actually execute them.

North & Carlton changed next game...

Our coach seems wedded to his current game plan and is too pig headed to change.

Changing roles hasn't helped that yet, I suspect it will next year.

14 minutes ago, TRIGON said:

@Flemo56, you wouldn’t be an ex-artillery man by any chance?

Hahaha

Good old "Dropshorts"

3 hours ago, Flemo56 said:

Enough of the soft approach and molly cuddling these grown men. ay, just having a win would seem to be our premiership. 

unfortunately ?

Honestly, this has to be one of the best spelling errors ever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Honestly, being at the ground, I thought up until half way through the third quarter, it was about the cleanest and most confident ball use that I'd seen all year.  When Steve May kicked that goal I thought that we had opened up a break on them big enough to start putting on some score board pressure and control the game.

Then a champion young players of theirs Hipwood had a purple patch to be envious of, kicked something like 5 goals straight (most of which were from pretty tough spots) and the pendulum swung completely.  I can't say who was on Hipwood for all of those goals, but early in the last, it was Petty who was getting a bath, which was quickly switched to Frosty who stemed the bleading from that point on.  I can honestly imagine if it had been Oscar, then the guy would be copping a huge whipping on this forum.  I can honestly say that though he made it back out onto the ground that I don't feel Max had anything like his usual impact after half time either, which is fair enough.

I can honestly say I can't see what good publicaly berating our players would do when one of our biggest problems at the moment is confidence.  I haven't listed to many (if any) of Goody's press conferences this year, but from what I recall of him last season, he is pretty down the line and clear with the areas he thinks we are falling down in and need to improve.  As much as I hate us loosing, and the emotions associated with that, I don't think unloading all of that and the associated critisism it would unleash would be productive.

I also honestly think that Brisbane are a pretty decient side now and that going up and beating them on their home deck would have been a huge upset for us, which at times it almost looked like we were going to pull off, but they got the better of us in the end and that's the way it goes.  I am honestly concerned about the ease at which they were able to break clear of us from their back half and through the centre if the ground and win most of the stoppages in the last 3/8ths of the game, because they made us look fairly second rate once the worm turned.  Perhaps the injured Max factor was part of that, but can't be all of it and we need to do better.  I honestly think the way we are playing at the moment, we are down one mature gun onballer and that the drop off of Jones, Bernie before him and then the loss of AVB has really hurt us in that regard.

I honestly think it was the best game that I've seen Salem play in a few matches, that from the game he played, I can see the value in recruiting Steve May.  I can also honestly say that I think Trac has elevated his game this season to the point that if we were playing better as a team he would be completely busting open games being lauded for delivering on his potential, but because we are not, he gets dragged down with the team performance.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 9
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Reece Shaw and Teague took 1 week  to get a better result

so 1 week for the DEES changes except nothing changed the ship is still listing badly but the chairs are in order

52 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Honestly, being at the ground, I thought up until half way through the third quarter, it was about the cleanest and most confident ball use that I'd seen all year.  When Steve May kicked that goal I thought that we had opened up a break on them big enough to start putting on some score board pressure and control the game.

Then a champion young players of theirs Hipwood had a purple patch to be envious of, kicked something like 5 goals straight (most of which were from pretty tough spots) and the pendulum swung completely.  I can't say who was on Hipwood for all of those goals, but early in the last, it was Petty who was getting a bath, which was quickly switched to Frosty who stemed the bleading from that point on.  I can honestly imagine if it had been Oscar, then the guy would be copping a huge whipping on this forum.  I can honestly say that though he made it back out onto the ground that I don't feel Max had anything like his usual impact after half time either, which is fair enough.

I can honestly say I can't see what good publicaly berating our players would do when one of our biggest problems at the moment is confidence.  I haven't listed to many (if any) of Goody's press conferences this year, but from what I recall of him last season, he is pretty down the line and clear with the areas he thinks we are falling down in and need to improve.  As much as I hate us loosing, and the emotions associated with that, I don't think unloading all of that and the associated critisism it would unleash would be productive.

I also honestly think that Brisbane are a pretty decient side now and that going up and beating them on their home deck would have been a huge upset for us, which at times it almost looked like we were going to pull off, but they got the better of us in the end and that's the way it goes.  I am honestly concerned about the ease at which they were able to break clear of us from their back half and through the centre if the ground and win most of the stoppages in the last 3/8ths of the game, because they made us look fairly second rate once the worm turned.  Perhaps the injured Max factor was part of that, but can't be all of it and we need to do better.  I honestly think the way we are playing at the moment, we are down one mature gun onballer and that the drop off of Jones, Bernie before him and then the loss of AVB has really hurt us in that regard.

I honestly think it was the best game that I've seen Salem play in a few matches, that from the game he played, I can see the value in recruiting Steve May.  I can also honestly say that I think Trac has elevated his game this season to the point that if we were playing better as a team he would be completely busting open games being lauded for delivering on his potential, but because we are not, he gets dragged down with the team performance.

Agree completely re Salem Almost perfect kicking and decision making A diamond in the S#*! pile

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Well, it’s a positive slant....and one of the v few I’ve read. You were at least there and I wasnt at the game. So I thank u fr that.

I can only say that on the tv we looked very casual in approach. Casual in terms of pressure applied, casual in our ball use and , most painfully to me, full of really simple errors.  Despite what some say I this forum, I don’t think afl players ever really approach a game casually. But that they gave off that appearance does indicate something. They just seem really out of sorts. something is going on at the club....lord only knows what.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kent said:

Agree completely re Salem Almost perfect kicking and decision making A diamond in the S#*! pile

Salem's game is one of the few good things to come out of this season.  He was pretty good last year, but this season he has really shone through and elevated his game to the next level of maturity in my view.  Despite all that, I have felt that his form had dipped a little in the recent month or so (perhaps he had an injury somewhere in there, I forget), but I felt he was really quite dominant and influential for big parts of Sundays game, which was great to see.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

Well, it’s a positive slant....and one of the v few I’ve read. You were at least there and I wasnt at the game. So I thank u fr that.

I can only say that on the tv we looked very casual in approach. Casual in terms of pressure applied, casual in our ball use and , most painfully to me, full of really simple errors.  Despite what some say I this forum, I don’t think afl players ever really approach a game casually. But that they gave off that appearance does indicate something. They just seem really out of sorts. something is going on at the club....lord only knows what.

I would agree with some that our pressure wasn't exactly manic on Sunday, but I think both teams were trying to play an open free flowing game and perhaps we are putting less emphasis on the tackling side of our game to try and get our ball movement happening and some confidence in that part of our game again.  Certainly, I thought that in the first quarter and possibly most of the first half, I thought most of our ball movement looked really sharp.

Some in this or other threads have compared Goodwin to Neeld, which I think is way off.  It's clear that we are both trying to win games and are generally compeditive.  Neeld style honestly would do nothing for team morale.  How we play out the year I think is really quite a fine ballance.  On the one hand, I think we need to persist with working on parts of our game that need rectifing for next season and beyond and if that means persisting with Weid/Petty in positions when they are getting beaten as development and or trying to implement new positioning of players at contests without it immediately bearing fruit, then perhaps we need to grin an bear a few disappointing performances and match outcomes as a consequence,  but on the other hand, I think winning is important for team culture, it is a confidence game as well and we can't afford to loose that completely.

There were some matches early on last season when our game looked bad and look at where we ended up.  I'm not sure that the average supporter really knows what the coaches are trying to achieve in some of all this, but I really hope we can refer back to it next season and say that whilst we lost some more games than we would have liked to, we can now see what was being developed and the fruits it has brought.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Redleg said:

I was very frustrated to see Hipwood kick 5 goals in just over a quarter before Goodwin made the change and put Frost on him. I would've thought 2 or 3 goals at the most.