Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Coburg v Casey Demons - Round 12

KC from Casey

Thanks KC and all other posters not surprising it wasn't a great game given the muddy conditions and coldest day in Melbourne for two years.........BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Still a win is a win!!!!

33 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

Hope he plays on the seniors to see what he can do otherwise it was pretty pointless picking him up. 

He has literally just turned 19, so he was a pick for the future. He doesn’t need to play this year to justify the selection, however I suspect he will get a couple of games.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Forest Demon said:

He has literally just turned 19, so he was a pick for the future. He doesn’t need to play this year to justify the selection, however I suspect he will get a couple of games.

Agree FD. We chose to draft him 6 months in advance, which will help his development no end. Develop him properly for the rest of the year, and we're looking at almost a second year player on the list instead of a newbie.

• Like 3

There was real fracas on the forward flank in the last quarter.  Coburg were going the knuckle and a couple of our players arced up.  At the time we had a shot on goal from CHF.  Because Preuss was spotted retaliating to a dog act from a Coburg player the kick was reversed and a 50m penalty applied.  Very similar to Jones' effort yesterday. 

What I don't understand is why the 50m penalty is applied.  Surely reversing the kick should be the penalty.  If anyone can explain this I would appreciate it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Adzman said:

Did KK play on the wing or half forward/back? Keen to see what his run has been like, he has good size and pace.

KK played on one wing, JKH the other, they both had very slow starts barely sighted in the first quarter. JKH was the spark for the team in the 2nd quarter to get them going, he would've had double figure possessions in that quarter alone. After that he was only serviceable, same as KK was only just a game from him.

Lewis was BOG by the mile of the straight, he worked tirelessly all day in and under packs and the outside with measured possessions. If he's not in for Wagner next week I'll be surprised. Speaking of Wagner his brother was also immense all day, our second best mid in terms of game impact even if the stats don't show it. Pruess was so dominant in the hitouts Coburg were just trying to read off his hands rather than their undersized under siege ruckman, around the grounds he was good but not great. It wasn't a day for big marks,  conditions dictated that so he didn't dominate in the air as much.

It was interesting that for the whole match we didn't have a single Melbourne listed player start in the back 6 after a goal, such are the injuries we've copped this year, so the defence never really filled you with confidence.

Two Casey players both got felled behind the play today, one Coburg player at the very least #29 dropped Freeman in a cowardly act for which he was reported, plenty for the vfl tribunal to look at.

Of the rest of the demons, Bedford, Spargo, Kielty and Chandler were very poor, Maynard was his usual industrious self in traffic and got better as the game went on, Dunkley was only ok and still haven't seen anything of note in Jordan. 

The biggest cheer of the day came from the 22 blokes sitting behind me in the grandstand who happened to play on the Mcg Saturday when bradtke attempted a huge pack mark, almost pulled it in, but instead grabbed the spillage and snapped it over his head for a goal, he's obviously a big favourite amongst the playing group. He's as raw as sushi, but the building blocks are there he looks a likely long term prospect.

A bitterly cold day best forgotten, Casey did just enough against very poor opposition in trying conditions, they'll just be happy to take the 4 points and move on from this one.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Adzman said:

Did KK play on the wing or half forward/back? Keen to see what his run has been like, he has good size and pace.

More half back but hard to distinguish these days. His goal was the result of a bad fumbled mark by a Casey player who then had an excellent recovery to handball to KK who slotted it from around 30 straight in front.

I thought KK had a better game against Collingwood but few players got in the clear today

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skuit said:

The name Stroobants is of Dutch origin in case anyone was wondering. Which I expect no one was.

Wasn’t wondering, actually, but will note that KK is also of that genre, as was Mark Jamar whom the ignorant Phil Clearly referred to as The Russian. 

(Just in case anyone was interested, which I suspect not.) ?

5 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Hard to get a handle on VFL form as the game was so congested and scrappy.

Preuss dominated with pack marks in the first half but went out of the game from a marking viewpoint in the second half.

The number of behinds suggest we dominated but I never got that feeling. More it was one of comfortable superiority with Coburg nipping at our heels.

Spargo tried but couldn't break free. Much the same with JKH and KK. The day can best be described as hard ball get... handball to nearby player who gets caught trying to break free.

Sorry it was just too cold to try the local Coburg brew but the coffee barrista was doing a roaring trade.

Too cold for a beer DJ is that possible?

• Haha 1

Went along as it was close to home. Ground undergoing significant development but pleasingly there's a lot of seating that isn't up in the stand...just seats built into the terraces. Works well. Sausage was burnt, pie was good. Didn't try the lager on top but regularly buy Coburg lager from the local IGA. Its good stuff. 

Of the MFC boys:

-Lewis. Played mostly well, it's either that the team has been told to play through him or he just gets himself open in the right spots, so got a ton of the pill. Either way, his kicking i50 was a highlight. Had a poor final quarter though, began to get caught in traffic and started lining blokes up as he is prone to do. In quite a few situations went for a headhigh bump instead of tackle and was lucky not to connect. Also squibbed a couple of high balls. A good game, not a promotion earning game, but we know his output can be good on his day. 

-Wagner. Always looks good at this level where he uses his speed and footskills to create. Looks like he knows his better than this and would love to see him bring this confidence to the 1s. However, his best position is definitely as a centre man and I think he's just too slight to ever be damaging at AFL level. Even in VFL, if he gets tackled he pretty much gets pinned for HTB 80% of the time. 

-Maynard. Opposite to CWag, holds his ground and frame very strongly in the contest and as a result is a key inside distributor at this level. You can tell he's been trained in a good inside midfield AFL setup. Also went forward and pleasingly took a number of good marks where his size stood out. However, for the most part his kicking and decision making lets him down in either finding a teammate or having a shot. But this isn't new news. Is good depth and good to have around a VFL team because he's a good player at this level. Wouldn't be surprised if Casey sign him upon MFC delisting like old mate mitch white. 

-Dunkley. I watched his VFL debut against Werribee and missed his day out against Collingwood...fair to say he's gotten used to the level from Werribee when he looked off the pace. For a 19 year old he has good size and the confidence to take on tacklers with a decent little sidestep. Is a long kicking player who fits a part time HF / midfield role quite well. There's something to like here no doubt, he seems to have good game sense and spatial awareness and a good inside/outside mix. Will get a game for the Ds at some point this year. He is a natural VDB replacement at a good age without the sheer pace and power, but a bit more craft. Doesn't have Hannans X factor so can't really replace Mitch in the 1s just yet. Saw he kicked a goal in the stats, must have been Casey's first as I did arrive late. Was pleased to see him blocking intelligently for Wagner at a number of stoppages to try and get Corey loose. 

-Chandler. Is a busy little player who seems to have a thirst for it and good ball skills, but I worry he's just not quick enough to have the weapons required at the top level at his size. A handy player at this level. May have gotten injured as I didn't see him after half time. 

-Bedford. With a year or two I think this kid might be playing in the 1s. Has some stuff to learn and isn't as skilled as I would like on the run on the outside, but you can see he knows how and when to use his natural pace, but in an unusual kind burst at the contest kind of way. Wins more than his fair share of contests and 1%s for a kid his size and is a willing tackler. Has some spunk and was very happy with his final qtr goal after getting a bit of stick from the very game Coburg crowd. 

-Bradtke. Is extremely raw in every sense and is out of most contests until the ball is in the air. Is half as thin as those defending him but reads the ball very well mid flight and takes or almost takes most things that come his way. Got the MFC boys in the stand very excited when he nearly took a mark in the goal square before kicking it over his head for a goal. Popular amongst the group it seems. 

-Keilty. Again, a very good player at this level and is a real leader in this team. Important all day around the ground with his marking/spoiling and tackling. Had one particularly outstanding smother on the half forward flank when Coburg were coming. Has a lot of attributes and with luck will be a Pedersen style journeyman, though his versatility may cost him like it did with Cam. Not brilliant at anything, but good to very good at lots. 

-Preuss. Absolutely dominated the ruck all day, a number of handy hitouts as well as a strong marking performance particularly in the 1st half. Despite this, I can see why he isn't getting a game beyond structural issues. A number of times at opposition kick outs he would sprint toward the wrong flank and the opposition would just go the other direction to avoid him. Because he only really has one burst in him he then very slowly works his way back across the ground, letting his Coburg man run off him in the process. The lack of tank is an issue they need to fix, and combine that with a bit of game knowledge. Nonetheless, a big strong player who makes the opposition worried. We are lucky to have him as depth. Whilst I don't think he deserves a call up necessarily, old Oscar Mc for Brisbane of Casey of old took a bunch of contested marks against the saints with Stefan Martin playing ruck 1, so this may be a week for Brayden to come in. 

-KK. Is very slowly getting back into footy. With time and space you can see he has the class and seems to have good running patterns that result in him receiving a lot of ball in threatening overlap positions. However, constantly misweights his kicks and misses targets. Conditions difficult yes, but a stark contrast to Lewis who hits most targets with a quick hand to ball drop. Isn't particularly great in the contest considering his stock but I he was steak knives for a reason. Has a way to go, I hope he doesn't get an MFC game anytime soon. For his sake, needs to have a good run of consistency at this level and hit the targets he should have the skill to hit.

-Spargo. Charlie had a bit of a tough day. We know he's a good tackler for his size but when he gets it, seems to want to put a few steps on defenders with misdirection but invariably gets tackled and HTB. Happened several times. Has a bit too much instruction flowing through his head which is natural for a stint of 2nd year blues. Was called out at 3qtr time as someone who needed to give a bigger effort and he responding by Grassing a sitter in the goal square when Casey needed a goal after a well weighted pass from Maynard. Having an ordinary year. 

-JKH. Thought he was clearly in the top 3 on ground, was kicking with purpose and is noticeable he has better stamina at this level than most. Halved a number of contests he had no right to and generally ran hard and linked up all day, hit a lot of targets. May get a call up if a mystery injury to a mid/HFF happens. At this stage, I probably prefer him to ANB to be honest. 

-Jordon. Was very young when we drafted him and they've thrown him to the wolves by playing him in the guts for a number of weeks now. Gives his all against bigger bodies and is tougher than I thought he would be. The flipside is his kicking isn't what it is renowned for. Nonetheless, needs a couple of years down here and may be a player one day. Appears very coachable and compliant. 

Think that's everyone. The MFC boys were there in good numbers with no noticeable limps (I checked Viney as he pulled up in the last few minutes on Saturday). Frost very generous with his time to a number of passer-bys. Jetta part of defensive huddles. Baker seems in with the cool group of Oliver/harmes/petracca ....can only be mostly good for him to feel apart of that midfield.

Lever there I think for the dual purpose of seeing the team and watching I think his brother Tyson no.7 for Coburg? Tyson seemed popular win the local Coburg supporters but wasn't overly impressive as an undersized left footed key back I thought. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

MUD HEAP by KC from Casey

In the opening round of the 2018 VFL season, the Casey Demons enjoyed an emphatic 107 point victory over Coburg at Piranha Park. The team was loaded with Melbourne listed players (half a dozen of them were in the team that beat Fremantle on Saturday) and the side was in its way to a grand final appearance. A season and a half later, the club returned to the same venue in the hope of kick starting a season that had gone somewhat awry under new coach Sam Radford and while they tasted victory (as you always do in those circumstances), the 15 point win was far from convincing.

It should be said that the Demons were the dominant side on the day. They dominated the inside 50 count by 52 to 28 and doubled the Tigers in the number of scoring shots by 20 to 10. They won the marks and thanks mainly to Braydon Preuss totally eclipsed the opposition in hit outs but at the end of the day had less disposals and scored only one goal more than the plucky home side in what was a dull, scrap played on a mud heap in cold and misty conditions. They even scored than that losing Coburg team managed in last year’s opening round drubbing. 

Coburg adopted a defensive stance from the beginning by flooding their back line and the tactic work with three straight first goals on the rebound while the visitors managed only two goals from their many forays in attack to trail by 2 points at the first break. 

The classiest player on the ground by far was veteran Jordan Lewis who was simply sublime in the way he dictated proceedings and set up numerous attacking moves. It took until the last ten minutes of the half for the Demons to take control and move to a 26 point lead with three goals late in a term in which Coburg was held goalless. 

The rest of the game was nothing to write home about - a defensive affair played in a bit of a glue pot where the local’s accuracy saw them remain in close enough to wind the Demons back late in the game to a final margin of 15 points at a cost of what should have been a valuable percentage gain against the second from bottom side.

The better players for Casey (apart from Lewis) were Preuss with 55 hit outs, Jay Kennedy Harris who was full of class, Corey Wagner and Corey Maynard while Kade Kolodjashnij also had his moments. Kyle Dunkley kicked an early goal and was busy early. The Demons would be very happy with his composure and form at this stage of his career.

The Demons are a game and percentage out of the top eight and must beat last year’s premiers, the Box Hill Hawks at Casey Fields next Saturday to remain in the race.

2019 Hard Yakka / Totally Workwear VFL

Casey Demons 2.4.16 6.8.44 7.11.53 9.11.65

Coburg 3.0.18 3.0.18 5.1.31 8.2.50

Goals 

Casey Demons Bedford Bradtke Dunkley Kolodjashnij  Maynard Preuss Quigley C Wagner White 

Coburg McEvoy Stroobants 3 Carroll Podhajski

Best 

Casey Demons J Lewis C Wagner Maynard Preuss Vella Bedford

Coburg Bunker Lentini Exon Nolan Foster Binion

Statistics 

Toby Bedford 1 goal 1 behind 5 kicks 7 handballs 12 disposals 7 tackles 66 dream team points  
Austin Bradkte 1 goal 2 behinds 6 kicks 2 handballs 8 disposals 1 mark 2 tackles 11 hit outs 50 dream team points  
Heath Briggs 6 kicks 3 handballs 9 disposals 2 marks 1 tackle 34 dream team points  
Kade Chandler 2 kicks 1 handball 3 disposals 1 mark 2 tackles 19 dream team points  
Wayne Collis 8 kicks 1 handballs 9 disposals 2 marks 2 tackles 41 dream team points  
Kyle Dunkley 1 goal 12 kicks 5 handballs 17 disposals 3 tackles 66 dream team points  
Tom Freeman 10 kicks 3 handballs 13 disposals 4 marks 50 dream team points  
Jack Hutchins 6 kicks 4 handballs 10 disposals 1 marks 4 tackles 43 dream team points  
James Jordon 1 behind 9 kicks 2 handballs 11 disposals 2 marks 4 tackles 55 dream team points  
Declan Keilty 1 kick 5 handballs 6 disposals 1 marks 8 tackles 12 hit outs 61 dream team points  
Jay Kennedy Harris 1 behind 14 kicks 7 handballs 21 disposals 3 marks 3 tackles 78 dream team points  
Kade Kolodjashnij 1 goal 15 kicks 6 handballs 21 disposals 5 marks 4 tackles 95 dream team points  
Mykelti Lefau 2 behinds 5 kicks 2 handballs 7 disposals 5 marks 2 tackles 38 dream team points  
Jordan Lewis 19 kicks 20 handballs 39 disposals 8 marks 2 tackles 129 dream team points  
Corey Maynard 1 goal 1 behind 13 kicks 14 handballs 27 disposals 8 marks 3 tackles 105 dream team points 
James Munro 5 kicks 5 handballs 10 disposals 2 marks 2 tackles 37 dream team points  
Braydon Preuss 1 goal 8 kicks 6 handballs 14 disposals 6 marks 3 tackles 55 hit outs 121 dream team points
Aiden Quigley 1 goal 4 kicks 12 handballs 16 disposals 2 marks 1 tackle 50 dream team points 
Charlie Spargo 4 kicks 7 handballs 11 disposals 2  marks 4 tackles 48 dream team points  
Cory Stockdale 7 behinds 4 kicks 11 handballs 15 disposals 4 marks 1 tackle 45 dream team points 
Anthony Vella 6 kicks 8 handballs 14 disposals 3 marks 1 tackle 48 dream team points  
Corey Wagner 1 goal 1 behind 14 kicks 4 handballs 18 disposals 3 marks 12 tackles 110 dream team points  
Mitchell White 1 goal 1 behind 7 kicks 4 handballs 11disposals 5 marks 1 tackle 55 dream team points  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, fr_ap said:

-Chandler. Is a busy little player who seems to have a thirst for it and good ball skills, but I worry he's just not quick enough to have the weapons required at the top level at his size. A handy player at this level. May have gotten injured as I didn't see him after half time. 

-Keilty. Again, a very good player at this level and is a real leader in this team. Important all day around the ground with his marking/spoiling and tackling. Had one particularly outstanding smother on the half forward flank when Coburg were coming. Has a lot of attributes and with luck will be a Pedersen style journeyman, though his versatility may cost him like it did with Cam. Not brilliant at anything, but good to very good at lots. 

-KK. Is very slowly getting back into footy. With time and space you can see he has the class and seems to have good running patterns that result in him receiving a lot of ball in threatening overlap positions. However, constantly misweights his kicks and misses targets. Conditions difficult yes, but a stark contrast to Lewis who hits most targets with a quick hand to ball drop. Isn't particularly great in the contest considering his stock but I he was steak knives for a reason. Has a way to go, I hope he doesn't get an MFC game anytime soon. For his sake, needs to have a good run of consistency at this level and hit the targets he should have the skill to hit.

-JKH. Thought he was clearly in the top 3 on ground, was kicking with purpose and is noticeable he has better stamina at this level than most. Halved a number of contests he had no right to and generally ran hard and linked up all day, hit a lot of targets. May get a call up if a mystery injury to a mid/HFF happens. At this stage, I probably prefer him to ANB to be honest. 

I got there at the 20 minute mark of the second quarter - I can't get used to the different starting times!

Chandler was on the bench when I got there and didn't return. But I've seen him a bit and like him.  I think he does have the speed and he's a very good kick. I'm not sure he'll make it but he won't die wondering.

KK: Looked pretty good to me.  Got the ball a fair bit and used it okay considering the conditions which made it hard for everyone.  I think the FD see him as a starting 22 player in the long run and he'll return before many think.  The FD clearly want to get continuity into the team and if that means sacrificing a little performance they will do that.  And we have 4 in the team on Saturday who aren't locks.

JKH:  Was very good from what I saw.  Clean, faster than most, found the ball, got in good places and kicked it well.  I don't know how the FD see him.  I thought the was not the worst in Darwin but didn't hold his spot.  His form at Casey has been very good.

DK:  Not a big man's day.  We all want him to succeed but he's struggling.

Lewis was outstanding.  Far to good for this level and a terrific mentor to the young kids.  Good on him for doing it, credit where credit is due.

It was an awful game in awful conditions against a stand alone team hell bent on knuckling a few of our blokes.  You'd think the VFL would put a stop to it.  Williamstown do the same.  It's not tough footy, just thug footy.  You'd hope we'd be past that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Baghdad Bob said:

It was an awful game in awful conditions

that summed up the game for me. Glad you saw more form from the various players but advancement wise for me it showed little.

You have to wonder about VFL as a training ground if games are to be such low quality. (I love the atmosphere but many of the games are very underwhelming.)

21 hours ago, fr_ap said:

Went along as it was close to home. Ground undergoing significant development but pleasingly there's a lot of seating that isn't up in the stand...just seats built into the terraces. Works well. Sausage was burnt, pie was good. Didn't try the lager on top but regularly buy Coburg lager from the local IGA. Its good stuff. 

Of the MFC boys:

-Lewis. Played mostly well, it's either that the team has been told to play through him or he just gets himself open in the right spots, so got a ton of the pill. Either way, his kicking i50 was a highlight. Had a poor final quarter though, began to get caught in traffic and started lining blokes up as he is prone to do. In quite a few situations went for a headhigh bump instead of tackle and was lucky not to connect. Also squibbed a couple of high balls. A good game, not a promotion earning game, but we know his output can be good on his day. 

-Wagner. Always looks good at this level where he uses his speed and footskills to create. Looks like he knows his better than this and would love to see him bring this confidence to the 1s. However, his best position is definitely as a centre man and I think he's just too slight to ever be damaging at AFL level. Even in VFL, if he gets tackled he pretty much gets pinned for HTB 80% of the time. 

-Maynard. Opposite to CWag, holds his ground and frame very strongly in the contest and as a result is a key inside distributor at this level. You can tell he's been trained in a good inside midfield AFL setup. Also went forward and pleasingly took a number of good marks where his size stood out. However, for the most part his kicking and decision making lets him down in either finding a teammate or having a shot. But this isn't new news. Is good depth and good to have around a VFL team because he's a good player at this level. Wouldn't be surprised if Casey sign him upon MFC delisting like old mate mitch white. 

-Dunkley. I watched his VFL debut against Werribee and missed his day out against Collingwood...fair to say he's gotten used to the level from Werribee when he looked off the pace. For a 19 year old he has good size and the confidence to take on tacklers with a decent little sidestep. Is a long kicking player who fits a part time HF / midfield role quite well. There's something to like here no doubt, he seems to have good game sense and spatial awareness and a good inside/outside mix. Will get a game for the Ds at some point this year. He is a natural VDB replacement at a good age without the sheer pace and power, but a bit more craft. Doesn't have Hannans X factor so can't really replace Mitch in the 1s just yet. Saw he kicked a goal in the stats, must have been Casey's first as I did arrive late. Was pleased to see him blocking intelligently for Wagner at a number of stoppages to try and get Corey loose. 

-Bedford. With a year or two I think this kid might be playing in the 1s. Has some stuff to learn and isn't as skilled as I would like on the run on the outside, but you can see he knows how and when to use his natural pace, but in an unusual kind burst at the contest kind of way. Wins more than his fair share of contests and 1%s for a kid his size and is a willing tackler. Has some spunk and was very happy with his final qtr goal after getting a bit of stick from the very game Coburg crowd. 

-Bradtke. Is extremely raw in every sense and is out of most contests until the ball is in the air. Is half as thin as those defending him but reads the ball very well mid flight and takes or almost takes most things that come his way. Got the MFC boys in the stand very excited when he nearly took a mark in the goal square before kicking it over his head for a goal. Popular amongst the group it seems. 

-Preuss. Absolutely dominated the ruck all day, a number of handy hitouts as well as a strong marking performance particularly in the 1st half. Despite this, I can see why he isn't getting a game beyond structural issues. A number of times at opposition kick outs he would sprint toward the wrong flank and the opposition would just go the other direction to avoid him. Because he only really has one burst in him he then very slowly works his way back across the ground, letting his Coburg man run off him in the process. The lack of tank is an issue they need to fix, and combine that with a bit of game knowledge. Nonetheless, a big strong player who makes the opposition worried. We are lucky to have him as depth. Whilst I don't think he deserves a call up necessarily, old Oscar Mc for Brisbane of Casey of old took a bunch of contested marks against the saints with Stefan Martin playing ruck 1, so this may be a week for Brayden to come in. 

-Spargo. Charlie had a bit of a tough day. We know he's a good tackler for his size but when he gets it, seems to want to put a few steps on defenders with misdirection but invariably gets tackled and HTB. Happened several times. Has a bit too much instruction flowing through his head which is natural for a stint of 2nd year blues. Was called out at 3qtr time as someone who needed to give a bigger effort and he responding by Grassing a sitter in the goal square when Casey needed a goal after a well weighted pass from Maynard. Having an ordinary year. 

-Jordon. Was very young when we drafted him and they've thrown him to the wolves by playing him in the guts for a number of weeks now. Gives his all against bigger bodies and is tougher than I thought he would be. The flipside is his kicking isn't what it is renowned for. Nonetheless, needs a couple of years down here and may be a player one day. Appears very coachable and compliant. 

Think that's everyone. The MFC boys were there in good numbers with no noticeable limps (I checked Viney as he pulled up in the last few minutes on Saturday). Frost very generous with his time to a number of passer-bys. Jetta part of defensive huddles. Baker seems in with the cool group of Oliver/harmes/petracca ....can only be mostly good for him to feel apart of that midfield.

Lever there I think for the dual purpose of seeing the team and watching I think his brother Tyson no.7 for Coburg? Tyson seemed popular win the local Coburg supporters but wasn't overly impressive as an undersized left footed key back I thought. 

Fantastic report. Thanks, always loved hearing about the up and comers.

Great reports. Thanks to all contributors. You all provided seemingly consistent reports so able to get a real feel for the development  going on at Casey.

Sorry the sausages were burnt you all deserve better.

• Like 1