Sign in to follow this  
The Stigga

Bartlett, Pert, et al

Been pretty silent so far this season...

Should they make some sort of statement or comment on the state of affairs?

Or is there nothing to see here...

Are people in these positions best not seen nor heard?

Edited by The Stigga

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/melbourne/melbourne-boss-glenn-bartlett-backs-coach-simon-goodwin-to-turn-around-disastrous-season/news-story/9138467e4a1a085fa1fe5c567e8ecdb4

Melbourne boss Glenn Bartlett backs coach Simon Goodwin to turn around disastrous season

Glenn  Bartlett has backed in his football department to turn around a  disastrous season, adamant the club will push for finals until all hope  is lost.

The Melbourne president said today there would be no thought given to  shutting down injured players with early surgeries, adamant the season  was not yet lost.

He said the club did not need a review of its operations or football  department despite the deeply disappointing 3-9 start to the year.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1

No review and we openly say we will continue to play injured players?  Jesus [censored] how is this guy in charge?

32 minutes ago, olisik said:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/melbourne/melbourne-boss-glenn-bartlett-backs-coach-simon-goodwin-to-turn-around-disastrous-season/news-story/9138467e4a1a085fa1fe5c567e8ecdb4

Melbourne boss Glenn Bartlett backs coach Simon Goodwin to turn around disastrous season

Glenn  Bartlett has backed in his football department to turn around a  disastrous season, adamant the club will push for finals until all hope  is lost.

The Melbourne president said today there would be no thought given to  shutting down injured players with early surgeries, adamant the season  was not yet lost.

He said the club did not need a review of its operations or football  department despite the deeply disappointing 3-9 start to the year.

Tell me he did not say 1000 per cent, and that it was just a typo, please.

People on here kick and scream like little children when they hear nothing from our president.

President comes out and says something = same people still kick and scream..

🤦‍♂️

• Like 20
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

People on here kick and scream like little children when they hear nothing from our president.

President comes out and says something = same people still kick and scream..

🤦‍♂️

Oh yeah, as you explain it the fact he came out and said something is enough for you. That is the way it goes at MFC. Lets not put any pressure on the coach because we just resigned him. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Stigga said:

Been pretty silent so far this season...

Should they make some sort of statement or comment on the state of affairs?

Or is there nothing to see here...

Are people in these positions best not seen nor heard?

We're lacking some talented players...  still in build mode even though  we played finals last year.

We've been decimated with injury,  and has shown a lack of quality & experienced depth.

Outside of one handful of senior players,  we are very young & inexperienced.

We must continue to build on what w have on the list. with kids and experience. .. eg...  Ed Langdon.  Coniglio.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Tell me he did not say 1000 per cent, and that it was just a typo, please.

1 minute ago, Sorry kids said:

Oh yeah, as you explain it the fact he came out and said something is enough for you. That is the way it goes at MFC. Lets not put any pressure on the coach because we just resigned him. 

As Bartlett said they are not going to panic and rightly so, but you can panic away to your hearts content, the weak way to go.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

As Bartlett said they are not going to panic and rightly so, but you can panic away to your hearts content, the weak way to go.

Please alert me to my statement that alluded to me panicking.

1 minute ago, drysdale demon said:

Your posts spell it out

No. Tell me what I said that alluded to panic.  

1 minute ago, Matsuo Basho said:

Glen "Frank Drebin" Bartlett.

Image result for move along nothing to see here gif

All the Presidents Men

15 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Why do we need to put pressure on the coach??

• Like 1

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

Why do we need to put pressure on the coach??

Maybe because he is not getting the best out of the players.

Maybe because all the other teams have worked out our game plan

Maybe because we are near bottom of the ladder.

5 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

The content of a lot of your posts.That's it , you asked me I replied, end of story.

Brilliant, shades of Dennis Donutos defence in the Castle," its the vibe of the thing"

From Olisks post:

Bartlett: “But I have spent a bit of time in the footy department, which I hadn’t before, spent a day down there..."

That he has done this for the first time in the six years he has been at the club says he is worried.  Not panicked but worried.

A review doesn't mean having some external people coming in looking over people's shoulders.  Pert has fresh eyes and is very capable of undertaking a review.  Pert has said he has spent a lot of time in player and football department meetings. 

I suggest a 'review' is already happening by Pert.  As I've said for sometime I will be shocked if we don't have football department structure and assistant coach changes.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 8

Just now, Sorry kids said:

Maybe because he is not getting the best out of the players.

Maybe because all the other teams have worked out our game plan

Maybe because we are near bottom of the ladder.

So by putting pressure on the coach that will all automatically:

Get the best out of our players.

Out work other teams game plans

And maybe rise up the ladder the last 10 weeks..

Did i get that all right??

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

From Olisks post:

Bartlett: “But I have spent a bit of time in the footy department, which I hadn’t before, spent a day down there..."

That he has done this for the first time in the six years he has been at the club says he is worried.  Not panicked but worried.

A review doesn't mean have some external people coming in looking over people's shoulders.  Pert has fresh eyes and is very capable or undertaking a review.  Pert has said he has spent a lot of time in player and football department meetings. 

I suggest a 'review' is already happening by Pert.  As I've said for sometime I will be shocked if we don't have football department structure and assistant coach changes.

Yes, great point about Barlett just now spending time in the footy dept. This post is a keep for me and will ne interesting to look back on the truth of our bye week non review later in the year.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

So by putting pressure on the coach that will all automatically:

Get the best out of our players.

Out work other teams game plans

And maybe rise up the ladder the last 10 weeks..

Did i get that all right??

I do not follow your logic and the way you add words to change a post. Where did the word"automatically come from, as in automatically get the best out of the players" from you, not me. You also do not understand the subtleties of pressure. It could be as simple as having a coffee and saying to Goodwin, have you considered this or that. You seem to confuse pressure with more extreme words like ultimatum or strong arm tactics. As I said I find your way of arguing against the spirit of the posts. I  will not respond to you again. Same goes for drysdale.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, olisik said:

He said the club did not need a review of its operations or football  department

Sounds like Goodwin who thought we didn't need to review the prelim.

Glenn, we need a review...

I would be very surprised if there are not changes made after this season on the back of a review.

• Like 1

So the plan is to keep playing injured players till the end of the season then put them in for surgeries from which they will come back not quite ready for round one.

Groundhog day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, olisik said:

Bartlett said the club, led by new chief executive Gary Pert, was now  bulletproof to on-field fortunes, about to crack through 52,000 members  and with a new investment committee considering long-term financial  opportunities.

So i am not going near the infighting that this thread has already sparked, but does this quote strike anyone else as being just a bit OTT?

How can we possibly be "bullet proof to on-field fortunes???

Any club (but especially one like ours with a small membership base and terrible 50+ year history of non-success) can suffer a huge financial drop-off with a sudden reversal of fortunes like we have seen so far this year. He is telling us it doesn't matter what happens on-field, that we are going to be fine as a club. If membership plummets next year we dont have to worry? Awesome, i will keep my money in my pocket next year if it doesnt matter. Gives me some extra to spend on Diazepam so i can watch our games.

Sorry Glen, that is some shocking hyperbole on your part.

• Like 5