Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Collingwood

Demonland

1 hour ago, Mazer Rackham said:

He SHOULD be selfish. He should watch de Goey's game and see how a talented player turns half chances into goals.

Tracc has the talent, he should not have to worry about game plans, defensive pressure, etc. Just go out, see ball, get ball, wreak havoc. That's what freaks do, but he's not allowed to celebrate his freakdom. He's being turned into a second rate robot.

Apparently Trac is one of the leading "ground ball getters" in AFL. I think he is playing as an old fashioned HFF. THe problem is that he does not contirbute much in relation to keeping the ball in th Fwd line and he is not the only one.

Furthermore I thought he was probably our best Fwd today.

We mus get Fritsch and Salem to be our connectors into the FWD line. This time last year people were likening him to the great RF.

Just now, Lucifer's Hero said:

Not sure May should be giving Hore a spray.  That is not my idea of good leadership and helping a new player learn.

image.png.9ab7e72b91635235e0f7c25455de2b63.png

Hore has been here 5 minutes and played really well today.  There are less aggressive ways to give advice.

Doesn’t look aggressive. Just passionate. Hore is a rookie but he is a mature aged player. Don’t think he would run home and cry about being given some directions from a senior player. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, nosoupforme said:

Charlie Spargo needs to go back to to Casey and stay there for the rest of the season and the following year. He needs to build up that slender body of his and get a bit of mongrel in him like his Dad had. He has the tears on his side but has to train his butt off.

Yes it is the truth, while his young he can learn to be a consistent performer and will grow in confidence because he has talent however he lacks that toughness as well. If he doesn't perform in the VFL then his chance of making it back will be almost gone.

Needs to be delisted but told we will keep an eye on him over the next few years.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Selwood comparison, give me a break. Being compared by whom exactly?  Do you realise how many times Selwoods leadership has got Geelong over the line in big game last quarters. Typical of a Melbourne supporter to take one isolated comment from a commentator and quote it as a general opinion.  If you want to quote Vineys two fianls last years you need to balance it with our hot run when he was out of the side. I challenge you to tell me what we would get if we traded him. I say mid second rounder making him far less worth than Hogan, May or Lever.

Wow an out of form injury returning contested mid worth less than kpp. Mind blowing stuff.

One Isolated comment? Similar comments were being made by media personal, and afl fans alike. I never quoted it as an general opinion, it may have not been yours and i would not try to say it was, but many people were acknowledging his rise as a player and i didnt see many if any fans on here questioning his capacity as co captain at this time. He has not returned to that level as a player. As a leader he showed that in finals last year. Where players and leaders are made.

Im not denying he has been below this level this year. But to say he is co captain because of his father is just not true. If you would like to make an argument for him to step aside as captain for injury and form reasons, then i have no problem. But you are discrediting him and his work to get to where he has. I see he is working on his disposal and decision making in contests. If jones retires this year, is it a good idea to rip the captaincy away from the heart and soul player that viney is, or back him in to improve his form with consistent games and pre season fittness?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Not sure May should be giving Hore a spray.  That is not my idea of good leadership and helping a new player learn.

Hore has been here 5 minutes and played really well today.  There are less aggressive ways to give him advice.

Sprayed Baker for stuffing up at the end of the game too. Not great when one of the big reasons he dropped the mark was cause the kick was ordinary from Fritsch. I like that we've got a key defender willing to give directions but he can't get too emotional or it isn't good leadership. Particularly when plenty of players were giving May directions as well. 

Hore had a rough first quarter but once the pressure backed off a bit had another very good game.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Selwood comparison, give me a break. Being compared by whom exactly?  Do you realise how many times Selwoods leadership has got Geelong over the line in big game last quarters. Typical of a Melbourne supporter to take one isolated comment from a commentator and quote it as a general opinion.  If you want to quote Vineys two fianls last years you need to balance it with our hot run when he was out of the side. I challenge you to tell me what we would get if we traded him. I say mid second rounder making him far less worth than Hogan, May or Lever.

Exactly give me Selwood anytime!!

I would be happy to trade JV and the club is fair dinkum and RUTHLESS would do so too! 

But they won't

Therein lies our problem

Too many personalities and too many issues .

All too hard!

Choco would do it , in a heartbeat!

Edited by picket fence

4 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Hore has been here 5 minutes and played really well today.  There are less aggressive ways to give him advice.

It’s called passion. The spray is irrelevant.

Im not even sure he’s looking at Hore.

3 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Sprayed Baker for stuffing up at the end of the game too. Not great when one of the big reasons he dropped the mark was cause the kick was ordinary from Fritsch. I like that we've got a key defender willing to give directions but he can't get too emotional or it isn't good leadership. Particularly when plenty of players were giving May directions as well. 

Hore had a rough first quarter but once the pressure backed off a bit had another very good game.

Love it need to see this more! REAL LEADERSHIP 

1 minute ago, scarlett said:

Wow an out of form injury returning contested mid worth less than kpp. Mind blowing stuff.

One Isolated comment? Similar comments were being made by media personal, and afl fans alike. I never quoted it as an general opinion, it may have not been yours and i would not try to say it was, but many people were acknowledging his rise as a player and i didnt see many if any fans on here questioning his capacity as co captain at this time. He has not returned to that level as a player. As a leader he showed that in finals last year. Where players and leaders are made.

Im not denying he has been below this level this year. But to say he is co captain because of his father is just not true. If you would like to make an argument for him to step aside as captain for injury and form reasons, then i have no problem. But you are discrediting him and his work to get to where he has. I see he is working on his disposal and decision making in contests. If jones retires this year, is it a good idea to rip the captaincy away from the heart and soul player that viney is, or back him in to improve his form with consistent games and pre season fittness?

Lever is not a key position player. Loose playing third backman with the Crows.

You believe what you like but facts speak for themselves about the family connection.  Any non partisan person would agree it is not healthy to have his Dad still so heavily involved at the Club while his son is playing let alone Captain. You quote two finals wins but ignore the game no one in the Club including Captains and Coaching staff will talk about. Tell me this, would Hawthorn the most successful modern club question all key roles if they had a season like ours? 

2 minutes ago, Beetle said:

It’s called passion. The spray is irrelevant.

Im not even sure he’s looking at Hore.

He wasn’t, it was actually Salem for not taking possession and knocking the ball on.. thought May was good and Lever worked his way into it 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, nosoupforme said:

Charlie Spargo needs to go back to to Casey and stay there for the rest of the season and the following year. He needs to build up that slender body of his and get a bit of mongrel in him like his Dad had. He has the years on his side but has to train his butt off.

Yes it is the truth, while his young he can learn to be a consistent performer and will grow in confidence because he has talent however he lacks that toughness as well. If he doesn't perform in the VFL then his chance of making it back will be almost gone.

Sorry CS is not up to it and never will be. Good VFL player only IMO

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SPC said:

He wasn’t, it was actually Salem for not taking possession and knocking the ball on.. thought May was good and Lever worked his way into it 

Amazing isn’t it. Manufacturing things to suit the argument.

May was good. We would have lost by ten goals if it wasn’t for him and Lever.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

You believe what you like but facts speak for themselves about the family connection.  Any non partisan person would agree it is not healthy to have his Dad still so heavily involved at the Club while his son is playing let alone Captain. You quote two finals wins but ignore the game no one in the Club including Captains and Coaching staff will talk about. Tell me this, would Hawthorn the most successful modern club question all key roles if they had a season like ours? 

BANG!

16 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

1 pic in isolation? Maybe Hore fkd Up, maybe May was just asking him where the closest beer garden was?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Doesn’t look aggressive. Just passionate. Hore is a rookie but he is a mature aged player. Don’t think he would run home and cry about being given some directions from a senior player. 

Marty can take it! He's a big boy. He can hold his head high. He's been consistent in his efforts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Sorry CS is not up to it and never will be. Good VFL player only IMO

Don't be sorry  PF I sort of agree with you  as l was hoping for his sake things could turn around . I cannot see it at the minute.

4 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Absolutely. Did i state anywhere that we shouldnt review everything? I even stated about his current form and injury history. I called you out on the fabricated tale of viney being named co captain because his father is employed by this club. He had nothing to do with this.

His father who is involved in drafting and removed himself from decisions involving his son, and even his sons friend to a certain point.

You believe what you like but facts speak for themselves.

Lever was traded in for a position as kpb. As evidenced by 2018 early season games where he was exposed one on one as a kpb, and goodwin made many comments about lever learning the melbourne way and playing kpb.

i thought we were good at times today and you cant seriously question the players commitment .We just cant gel as a group and that's been the case all year .The midfield has no faith in the forward line and there is good reason for that .The effect of losing Jesse was not fully appreciated and is at least part of the reason the forward line  is so shambolic.There has been no plan B for the forward line and the weekly selections are a victory of optimism over experience . We are a team without confidence and the break will do us  no harm .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scarlett said:

Absolutely. Did i state anywhere that we shouldnt review everything? I even stated about his current form and injury history. I called you out on the fabricated tale of viney being named co captain because his father is employed by this club. He had nothing to do with this.

His father who is involved in drafting and removed himself from decisions involving his son, and even his sons friend to a certain point.

You believe what you like but facts speak for themselves.

Lever was traded in for a position as kpb. As evidenced by 2018 early season games where he was exposed one on one as a kpb, and goodwin made many comments about lever learning the melbourne way and playing kpb.

No, again you are wrong. I have never said he was given the Captaincy because of his father. I think you are arguing with the wrong poster.

No, Lever was a 3rd tall at the Crows. So he was traded as a 3rd tall. We were one good tall short early last season, that is why he played there and you know that he was recruited to play third tall with us. 

No. As recently as last week it was reported here old Viney took players for goalkicking toward the end of practice. Are you suggested he said, "Todd you cannot practice your kicking because I am doing this with the players"  

24 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Love it need to see this more! REAL LEADERSHIP 

Blood oath. Pity May can't get down to the forward line and give a spray to Mac, Spargo, and Garlett in particular. Might tell them some home truths.

5 minutes ago, picket fence said:

WTF???

7 goal loss to a side that also did not play that well and we clapped them off . No wonder the players are soft and have no idea how to pass by foot or hand to their own team mates.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

May stood up and led the backline all day, as well as played his own role.  He might be giving them a spray, and if he is, good.  We lack leadership across the park, so to see him leading was one of the best things of the day.