Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Collingwood

Demonland

5 minutes ago, scarlett said:

Nasher, i couldnt agree more, while ive been guilty of emotional posts in the past, i can not understand how fans question how viney is co captain, goodwin may have handled it better with jones, but no one questioned his leadership capabilities at the time and most thought it was a good introduction for him as co caprain with very few saying he could learn the same as vice, not because of viney but because they didnt like co captains. Before jacks injuries he was being compared to selwood and was looking at taking the next step. Ability wise and leadership wise. Were fans saying he was being favored because of todd after the geelong and hawthirn finals last year?

His disposal had improved before his injuries, still his lack of a right foot would have held him back at some stage. Tonight, he looked for a handball or a short kick out of a contest. Hes coming back from injury, and may never get back to what he was becoming, or even what he was, but the fact hes changed his style and is working on these weaknesses is exactly what you want, . Jones was horrible at this, but during his best years lowered his eyes and hit targets going forward, as his yime is coming to an end he is returning to his early ways of bombing it forward. Often happens with ageing players, but i highly doubt any of these forwards are resentful to these two.

This talk of jack riding on todds coattails is utter fiction.

44 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

He SHOULD be selfish. He should watch de Goey's game and see how a talented player turns half chances into goals.

Tracc has the talent, he should not have to worry about game plans, defensive pressure, etc. Just go out, see ball, get ball, wreak havoc. That's what freaks do, but he's not allowed to celebrate his freakdom. He's being turned into a second rate robot.

Well put. During the game I thought he needs to watch the raw power of Gary Ablett senior.

Take the game by the throat. Kick goals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

4 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Selwood comparison, give me a break. Being compared by whom exactly?  Do you realise how many times Selwoods leadership has got Geelong over the line in big game last quarters. Typical of a Melbourne supporter to take one isolated comment from a commentator and quote it as a general opinion.  If you want to quote Vineys two fianls last years you need to balance it with our hot run when he was out of the side. I challenge you to tell me what we would get if we traded him. I say mid second rounder making him far less worth than Hogan, May or Lever.

Great game from Gawn today. Showed he is the All Australian ruckman and should be captain Viney has been [censored] all year and Jones is near the end. Our forward line is a disgrace how Spargo gets a game is beyond me Dunkley must replace him in the Freo game. T.Mac is having a shocking year along with Garlett cost us any chance of getting in the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Oliver had a nothing game. 33 disposals yet only 7 were kicks. Racks up big numbers but doesn't hurt the opposition at all.

Disagree with this to a point. IMO he was good but not great. His problem today was he looked to overuse the handball at times (a trend for him in 2019).

But IMO there were certainly times where his handballs set players off on their way into space.

However, the best exponent of the attacking handball today was Harmes. He should be really proud of his progress as a player.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, Nasher said:

That is complete garbage. Nothing irritates me more than people making stuff like this up. You are a total muck raker.

Really mate? What do you know about it? Do you know that Jack is well liked? Do you not know that there has been a little rift between Viney and Jones ever since the captaincy issue surfaced? 

23 minutes ago, binman said:

I can't believe how poor we are at kicking the football. 

Just tuned in to On The Couch and the first words I heard Jonesy say “We shoot ourselves in the foot by just butchering the footy in all phases of offence.”

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

The kick was a hack pass, he can’t tackle, there was other times his disposal was poor today. If today was a pass to the coaches then there lies the problem.

Ive discussed trac many times with @DV8, while early inthe season i excused some form for match fittnesd and structures, his recent poor games are completely petracca related. For a half forward flank it was a standard game. Without looking at stats from other teams i would guess this would be slightly above average. Problem is he looks capable of so much more, more tkme in the guts or even throwing him back would improve his impact throughout a game. The problem is, remove him from the hff and the replacement probably wont deliver the same output and trac may take a while to adjust. Do we drop him to the vfl to improve which will hurt the team or possibly hurt the team while he makes mistakes in a new role? Seasons over, i would throw him in the deep end at afl. Fritsch forward trac back, or even wagner out and make trac accountable for someone, tell him beat him, and hurt him the other way.

Im more worried about shat we're allowing oliver to geg away with. 

Charlie Spargo needs to go back to to Casey and stay there for the rest of the season and the following year. He needs to build up that slender body of his and get a bit of mongrel in him like his Dad had. He has the years on his side but has to train his butt off.

Yes it is the truth, while his young he can learn to be a consistent performer and will grow in confidence because he has talent however he lacks that toughness as well. If he doesn't perform in the VFL then his chance of making it back will be almost gone.

Edited by nosoupforme
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, nosoupforme said:

Charlie Spargo needs to go back to to Casey and stay there for the rest of the season and the following year. He needs to build up that slender body of his and get a bit of mongrel in him like his Dad had. He has the tears on his side but has to train his butt off.

Yes it is the truth, while his young he can learn to be a consistent performer and will grow in confidence because he has talent however he lacks that toughness as well. If he doesn't perform in the VFL then his chance of making it back will be almost gone.

He can't get a kick at Casey. Too small and slow. Being gifted games at the moment 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Just tuned in to On The Couch and the first words I heard Jonesy say “We shoot ourselves in the foot by just butchering the footy in all phases of offence.”

Nearly fell Off The Couch when I heard Roosy say that Nathan Jones was 'still' the 'most skilled' player in the team.

Jesus Christ really?

• Like 5
  • Shocked 2

59 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

We're you there?

He was uncompetitive for the first half! And had a disposal efficiency of 46%

It was embarrassing

If your argument is potential, then develop and prove that in the 2s, not on the main stage.... Baker is 3 games in and showing his potential which was developed in the 2s

My argument is they took a chance on Spargo because the alternatives are either no better or even worse (JKH, ANB, Stretch, C Wagner) or needed a run after injury (Lockhart).

Baker looks good but his lack of tank creates it's own issues. Also if we had another Baker he'd be playing instead of Spargo, but we only have 1.

We held a very hard running Pies team for a lot of the game, that only happens when you have guys like Spargo busting their backside. He'll almost certainly go back to Casey now but I'm not all that upset about his performance. If it were JKH or ANB I'd expect the exact same complaints. 

• Like 2

Not sure May should be giving Hore a spray.  That is not my idea of good leadership and helping a new player learn.

Hore has been here 5 minutes and played really well today.  There are less aggressive ways to give him advice.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Can anyone tell me what happened to Frost today. I’ve missed any commentary of it. Was he concussed after that head clash in the opening two minutes. 

He and Salem clashed head. Didn’t pass concussion test. Not sure Salem did much better going by his disposal today. 

• Like 1