Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Time to go Oscar!

dazzledavey36

6 hours ago, Red and Blue realist said:

This thread is dedicated to Oscar costing us the game, I'm just saying that's not the case and we had no other real alternative to him. At no point have I said he played a good game, what cost us the game was bad kicking and bad forward play, but that's been overlooked in here

By stating that bad kicking for goal lost us the game is not the full story. Those goals would not have been so necessary if we exercised a defensive capability. Almost 8 goals were leaked through OMac's inaction and weakness and mistakes across the game. This is a typical pattern of his play since he started with the Dees, sometimes improved (slightly lesser in frequency) but mostly impossibly costly to the team. OMac, plus poor kicking for goal are a recipe for absolute mediocrity and a mounting toll of losses. 

Edited by Deemania since 56

7 hours ago, Red and Blue realist said:

This thread is dedicated to Oscar costing us the game, I'm just saying that's not the case and we had no other real alternative to him. At no point have I said he played a good game, what cost us the game was bad kicking and bad forward play, but that's been overlooked in here

This thread is in no way dedicated to Oscar costing us the game. Completely missing the point.

The thread is dedicated to him being simply a terrible footballer and hopefully the last we see of him this year once May and Lever are in.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Seriously??

We kicked 1.8 in last qrt

You want to hang the full back who was consistently let down by midfielders letting easy ball go into our defensive 50 leaving him  exposed without support

I'm not a big fan of Omac, but you're completely missing the real issue  

Ohh give me a [censored] spell! We continue to make excuses for his continuel shitful performance. Does Frost get the same excuse even though he did thr job On Walker?

Is it also our mids fault that when it came to one on one contest he gave away at least 3 free kick for holding on to the man? 

Pathetic excuse putting blame on our mids (who actually did their job on the night) for someone else's terrible performance.

He'll be dropped next week. Plain and simple.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DeezNuts said:

Just saw the score after landing in Sydney, damn I’m gutted.... what happened????

Great performance for 2 1/2 qtrs. Some really good run and carry  

Then poor defence (stupid mistakes) and shocking goal kicking cost us the game.  Overhandballing crept in again under pressure. 

The Scoreboard is the only stat worth worrying about. 

50 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

This thread is in no way dedicated to Oscar costing us the game. Completely missing the point.

The thread is dedicated to him being simply a terrible footballer and hopefully the last we see of him this year once May and Lever are in.

No doubt when may and lever are available that omac will be dropped, not arguing that. I'm just sick of people having cheap shots at players when really we've got other issues. Plenty on here have jumped on your omac hatred to blame him for the loss and every other loss we've had since he started playing. I've just been saying, we literally had no other choice last night as all other defenders were injured, omac wasn't anywhere near our worst player and had we kicked better I doubt you would have started this

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Red and Blue realist said:

No doubt when may and lever are available that omac will be dropped, not arguing that. I'm just sick of people having cheap shots at players when really we've got other issues. Plenty on here have jumped on your omac hatred to blame him for the loss and every other loss we've had since he started playing. I've just been saying, we literally had no other choice last night as all other defenders were injured, omac wasn't anywhere near our worst player and had we kicked better I doubt you would have started this

Mate, no one on here has blamed him for any of our other losses.. missing the point entirely again!

Even if we had kicked better and won i still would have started this thread.

• Like 2

it doesnt matter that lever and may have been out injured, oscar McDonald should be playing vfl at best. I'd prefer to play literally a player down then have oscar.  he does everything bad as a key defender.

gives needless free kicks away. slow physically and slow mentally. I think anyone who supported him on demonland needs to have a good look in the mirror and ask themselves if they really understand footy. 

May and lever will make us an 6 goal better team. not because of their inclusions, but because of oscars exclusion.

I didn't watch the second half so no blame on Oscar for the loss from me. 

However one thing he continues to do, which he did last year and still does this year, is spoil to the corridor. If you're going to spoil you should be spoiling to the boundary line or over the goal line. O Mac still hasn't learnt this and constantly send the ball back into the run of play or worse still to the top of the goal square. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lamberto Bava said:

I didn't watch the second half so no blame on Oscar for the loss from me. 

However one thing he continues to do, which he did last year and still does this year, is spoil to the corridor. If you're going to spoil you should be spoiling to the boundary line or over the goal line. O Mac still hasn't learnt this and constantly send the ball back into the run of play or worse still to the top of the goal square. 

He’s not the only MFC player who does this. Punching the ball in the forward fifty instead of marking it has led to multiple goals this year when it goes in front of the oppo players and our crumbers are fast asleep, not anticipating where the ball will go and not grabbing it or the oppo player who picks it up. Heaven help us if de Goey is not tagged this week.

10 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Not sure why my intial thread got taken down but, so I'll keep this simple. 

Probably one of the worst AFL players going around and its time we see the last of this potato.

With May coming in next week i expect tonight we'll be the last we'll see him in a red and blue jumper.. ever!

Has to be Dazzle. Surely now.

It got so bad last night that i quietly started laughing to myself after each of he's contests.

Not fair on him nor the club to be playing in the AFL.

It's over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been anti Oscar for 3 years (and pro Frost). 

He’s been weak, slow, lacking weapons and should be at Casey.

There’s a small chance he could fill out a bit there, improve and become an okay forward/swing player/utility depth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Mate, no one on here has blamed him for any of our other losses.. missing the point entirely again!

Plenty have blamed him directly for this and other losses.

I doubt had we kicked better and won by the 6 or 7 goals we should have that such a negative, attention seeking thread would have been started. He still deserves to be dropped but not hung drawn and quartered on the back of last night's game

Edited by Red and Blue realist

Oscar has no body on body skills, no temporal or spatial awareness either, punches instead of marking, is slow to react, is a reasonable kick but that is his ONLY redeeming feature. He is a VFL at best player and would not even get a game at Carlton.Opposition forwards must relish playing on him.

• Like 2

Fair dinkum some of the comments on this pathetic excuse for a thread (i mean a time to go oscar thread - really?) are beyond the pale.

Don't rate a player. Think he should be dropped. Don't think he is up to it. Fine.

Resorting to personal attacks is simply not fine. Pathetic and gutless. Social media at its gutter worse. Grown men (i'll bet london to a brick almost  everry comment on this thread is from a bloke) venting and spewing insults on a young fella who's crime us to be selected in the side they purportedly follow.

If you have an issue with his selection take it up wirh Simon Goodwin. And if you have the mettle do so to his face.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, binman said:

Fair dinkum some of the comments on this pathetic excuse for a thread (i mean a time to go oscar thread - really?) are beyond the pale.

Don't rate a player. Think he should be dropped. Don't think he is up to it. Fine.

Resorting to personal attacks is simply not fine. Pathetic and gutless. Social media at its gutter worse. Grown men (i'll bet london to a brick almost  every comment on this thread is from a bloke) venting and spewing insults on a young fella who's crime us to be selected in the side they purportedly follow.

If you have an issue with his selection take it up wirh Simon Goodwin. And if you have the mettle do so to his face.

Thanks for spelling this out. Demonland  people are entitled to express opinions, but once people get a player in the gun they go overboard in many cases. There are many cases where DL forums have "shellacked"players e.g Jack Watts , Marty Hore (after 1 game) ,Nathan Jones (yes it happens) . But I do not think a player has copped as much vitriol as OMac ,and the "angries at everything" are zeroing on on a scapegoat.

Let's face it ,Oscar was a late draft choice so in the opinion of scouts ,he did not have the natural ability as the guns. He is only early 20's so his body is still maturing. (We make excuses for Sam W , same thing). He is in a position where he is often one on one so is exposed visually ,so it is easy to blame. He now gets blamed for punching the ball in the wqrong direction. If he is a spoiler, then what about the smaller bloke learning to crumb better, but then if they did they would get all the credit and the bloke who got it there would just be forgotten.

I sincerely hope players do not read forums ,or else they would be frightened to play the game.

I've always tried to stand up for Oscar. He's a 23 yr old playing one of the hardest positions, definitely the most exposing position for mistakes. Thats not an excuse for his performance, its just a fact.

I agree with a lot of @binman's comments. Some of the sentiments towards Oscar are so unnecessary. I suppose its more entertaining for some to be dramatic about players they are frustrated with. He is well and truly the whipping boy no doubt.

All that being said he was thoroughly beaten last night. His role is to at least half 50/50 contests as a one on one defender. Adelaide did a great job clearing our for Jenkins to go one on one and Oscar was beaten every time. It really did impact the scoreboard and game overall. Is that the last time we will see Oscar playing in the red and blue? I really doubt that. But he needs to build some confidence back in the two's. You would think it May would slot in at some point.

I look forward to the DL uproar and horror if Oscar is selected next week ? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Not sure why my intial thread got taken down but, so I'll keep this simple. 

Probably one of the worst AFL players going around and its time we see the last of this potato.

With May coming in next week i expect tonight we'll be the last we'll see him in a red and blue jumper.. ever!

DazzleDavey36 - I will tell you why it got taken down - it is called "trolling" and if this harmful abuse from you continues I suggest lawyering up because you will need one I would suspect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, binman said:

Resorting to personal attacks is simply not fine. Pathetic and gutless. Social media at its gutter worse. Grown men (i'll bet london to a brick almost  everry comment on this thread is from a bloke) venting and spewing insults on a young fella who's crime us to be selected in the side they purportedly follow.

Some comments are quite personal, but Bimnan, take your p.c/misandry elsewhere. Not needed on this site, same as the personal attacks on players.

Oscar is playing shockingly poor football.

Zero physical strength in the contest

Can't jump

Very slow to move.

I like his field kicking, but he is not a link player, that's Salems job. Oscar is in the side to shut down a tall opposition forward, and for almost every game of his career he has been incapable of doing this for most of a game.

I'd like to know if we have a strength coach who has been working with him, because it looks like he still has not gained any over the past 3 seasons.

For an up and coming side to play for the big one, it's entire list needs to improve. Oscar does not appear to be on that trajectory.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

5 hours ago, Deemania since 56 said:

In the tight games that we have lost over the past 3 years, OMac has generally been the reason.

When we have been easily defeated, OMac has been an opposition 'surety' to ramify forward dominance. 

In the games we have won, OMac has been unsighted except for clangers.

Get him off the field immediately. He is targeted, weekly, by opposition coaches and players as an easy-beat; he is an avenue to goal for all of the teams we have played this year.

Goodwin, we do not need him - and after all of these losses, he still gets a game to weaken our few onfield advantages.

Dazzle, with all due respect, this kind of crapp is really pathetic.

Whilst Omac has not had a great year and is very low in confidence, he is not the main reason we lost last night or any other game this year.

He looked completely different in 2018, had more good games than poor. Something has changed. I'd rather the club find out what is causing this and fix it. We've burned the development of too many players in the past. 

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1