Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 11 vs Adelaide

Demonland

4 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

We played some great footy tonight and should have banked a 6 or 7 goal win. 

We are starting to look good again ...except no one is a reliable goal kicker . in fact everyone seems like they’re totally [censored] themselves pre kick. .How much do we miss the melk ? 

Such a painful season... every week offers another way to add to it. 

Totally agree with the sentiments expressed Wells 11,  massive disappointment after a splendid first half. Went to the game with entourage of crow supporting friends they were all smiles of course. As we walked out one them said "Melbourne loss the game rather than Adelaide won it. Didn't salve the disappointment of course but fair comment. With better players returning from injury the worm will turn and I'm confident of a return to better days at the footy.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Collar-Jazz-Knee said:

LOL 2019 is the year that keeps on giving.

Glad there were much better signs, but we really cooked that last quarter! Tim Smith & Hunt missed the easiest of set shots.

Weid also but it shouldn't have got to that point.

Still pumped for next year. We will likely get a pick in the range of 4-7 which could net us another high end talent.

Go into next year with a full pre-season, softer draw, May & Lever back plus hopefully a few more high pressure forwards and we will rocket back into the top 4.

I've been telling myself this too

But if it doesn't happen I'll be baying for blood

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Jones to Betts????  You are kidding aren’t you mate. The most ridiculous comment I have ever heard on this 

Yeah, because an underdone Hibberd did so well in the last. 

2 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Ok so tell me this.. Would thos eI pot GET A GAME WITH ANYONE ELSE???

And is so who with whom??

Cmon ?

Could use him at Wahgunyah.

Edited by Fork 'em

10 minutes ago, loges said:

When you can't perform simple skills like marking unopposed and set shots from dead in front your asking to be beaten. Don't think I've ever seen a game so thrown away. Aside I don't see what playing in Darwin has to do with it.

YEP!! TOUCHE!

2 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Yeah, because an underdone Hibberd did so well in the last. 

Underdone? He missed 2 weeks 

betts had 14 p’s abs kicked 2 cheap goals, hr was hardly the reason we lost

Edited by Demons11

38 minutes ago, Farmerjeff said:

Oscar had a goal kicked on him in the most critical part of the game when he was laying a full tackle on Jenkins. Only Oscar

He never should've let Jenkins get goalside of him.

And once he did he never should have let Jenkins get a kick off when he had him in a full body tackle.

Weak as pisswater

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demons11 said:

Underdone? He missed 2 weeks 

Are you saying Hibberd wasnt underdone tonight. Just like you said we would win the next 3.

14 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Are you serious? Have you ever played the bloody game? He is a squib of the highest order. His gutless play must drive his team mates mad. It certainly does to nearly every Dees fan I know.

So if a bloke gets 3 Joe the Gooses and pulls out of every contest, you think he has played well. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was Goodwin I'd drop him on tonight's performance. He can't pick and choose when he will go for the ball. The times he squibbed it, it  wasn't as if he was going 2 get crunched. It's a bad look & he did it at leat twice in the last quarter. Trade or delist at end of year. He will let u down in big games. Players either are 100% committed or they're not & he isn't. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DeeWiz said:

Trying to rationalise and come up with a positive response to this game. All I came up with was this:

MedicalSpotlessCivet-size_restricted.gif

Haha owe my balls! Idiocracy the greatest documentary/ movie ever made haha!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Ok so tell me this.. Would those who I  pot GET A GAME WITH ANYONE ELSE???

And is so, who with whom??

Cmon ?

Picket, you have been on record saying the only level of footy you  have played at is suburban footy for the amature league. Now all of a sudden your a former under 19 MFC player?

Yeah nah something smell fishy there...

2 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Maybe Neale can fire them up next week. 

No he can't.
Couldn't get his own side firing consistently.
They also lost his last game as coach in the last minute.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 2

Oscar simply has no idea how to play the game of football. He is the most unintelligent footballer I’ve ever seen. He watches his man and not the ball and gets completely lost. As others have said, when he tried to tackle Jenkins and still allowed him to goal, I thought ‘you are truly cooked ya potato’ . He is pathetic.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Oscars bigger than you think

He wasnt very good tonite but I dont get all the ire given the other macs horrible game.

By far worse.

Goaless.

Tackleless.

One mark.

because tmac has runs on the board and supporters are hoping he'll work through a terrible form slump or is still impacted by his foot/toe injury.

Omac has played a handful of decent games in his career and has been utterly useless for the rest - also plays with zero intensity

• Like 1

Tough loss to swallow but I'm proud of the boys we had a real dip. Oscar to never play again will help. Missed chances proved costly just wish we could play like this all the time, if we do we will give Collingwood a huge surprise.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He never should've let Jenkins get goalside of him.

And once he did he never should have let Jenkins get a kick off when he had him in a full body tackle.

Weak as pisswater

Agree that piece of play was pathetic.

It reminded me of when a toddler grabs onto your leg but you're still able to walk while they hold on.

How can a 6"5 footballer not reduce the effectiveness of the player's kick in those circumstances?

All night Oscar executed the famous MFC Kent Kingsley Strategy to perfection.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Picket, you have been on record saying the only level of footy you  have played at is suburban footy for the amature league. Now all of a sudden your a former under 19 MFC player?

Yeah nah something smell fishy there...

Couple of games Dazzle, but what does it matter? Serious questions remain!

26 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Besides our own disgraceful kicking for goal, don't forget the bad luck we are continually having.

Can't get a free in front of goal ever.

Multiple injured players unlike the opposition each week.

Lose Salem and Hore just before the game.

With them in it would be fair to say we win.

If we got a free in front of goal we'd miss anyway

Sloane went off injured before half time, who did we lose?

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

because tmac has runs on the board and supporters are hoping he'll work through a terrible form slump or is still impacted by his foot/toe injury.

Omac has played a handful of decent games in his career and has been utterly useless for the rest - also plays with zero intensity

AND STILL STILL GETS A FRIGGEN GAME???