Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Fans Behaving Badly?

What

58 minutes ago, deebug said:

That's a $10,000 fine.

No, the fine is $8,462.27. Get your facts right Deebug.

8 minutes ago, Macca said:

The crux of the whole argument is the state of the game and the officiating of the game.

Fix both those issues and it's problem solved (for the most part)

However,  that is easier said than done.  The sport is harder to umpire than it ever was and the sport itself is often hard to watch as a spectacle anyway (for many)

There is no other sport in the world where the umpires cop so much abuse - nothing comes close.  And there has to be a reason for why that is.  All the other umpires/referees in all the other sports can't just be way more competent.  That argument doesn't make sense.

The umpiring is never going to improve whilst we have so many grey areas in the game coupled with so much congestion.  Making the umpires full time would help but if the grey areas and congestion remain,  the problem remains.

Which has all led to more fights in the crowd,  more abuse,  more frustration,  more over-zealousness of security staff and then we try and remedy the situation with a band-aid approach.

Make the sport more enjoyable to watch by ridding the game of the congestion & flooding and at the same time making the rules more defined for decision making by the umpires. 

Less players on the ground with minimum rotations for starters.  A more open game is much much easier to officiate and at the same time,  better to watch (for many)

Supporters would still abuse umpires and be frustrated with umpiring decisions but that would be minimised.  Or at least kept to a manageable level. 

This takes the chocolates as the most sensible post in this thread ( excluding mine ). Keep up the good work macca !

Maybe it would help if the umpires paid a free kick against the team of a fan who was abusing an umpire. That could help the game improve as a spectacle.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pineapple dee said:

Maybe it would help if the umpires paid a free kick against the team of a fan who was abusing an umpire. That could help the game improve as a spectacle.

I would be willing to dress up as an Essendon supporter and abuse the [censored] out of the umpires. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

What could broaden a child's view of the world and add some reality to the process of learning more than an afternoon at the football with Uncle Bitter?

The child will blossom from the experience.

I'll send you the trauma counsellor's bill then.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Biffen said:

Kennett pointed out that the afl is so pi55weak it used a security company that employs gentlemen almost exclusively from the subcontinent who have little or no understanding of Australian football crowds, customs and behaviours.Wring your hands, pat yourselves on the back and go get your prize if you managed to use the R word today and made yourself feel good.

The whole thing is pathetic.

The AFL is a farce run by dunces.

When the Romans have to be silent at the circus to please the Emperor then he should be thrown to the lions.

A poster to Kennetts column in the Security industry pointed out that the Security contact holder is a Sydney company who have sub contracted the work out. This is usually the case when you see a large grouping of one ethnic community quickly dominate an industry. I strongly suspect that the sub contacting company who is directly employing Indian workers who are student visa holders and likely not meeting award conditions. 

12 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

A poster to Kennetts column in the Security industry pointed out that the Security contact holder is a Sydney company who have sub contracted the work out. This is usually the case when you see a large grouping of one ethnic community quickly dominate an industry. I strongly suspect that the sub contacting company who is directly employing Indian workers who are student visa holders and likely not meeting award conditions. 

None of which Kennett knew when he assumed dark skinned people must be "new arrivals" who know nothing about Australian rules football

5 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Not that "a poster" isn't always the best source of information, but as far as I know the security contract for Marvel Stadium is AIG Security who are based in Fairfield, VIC.

What exactly are you basing your assertion on that all the security staff are 'Indian students'?

1 minute ago, Lord Nev said:

Not that "a poster" isn't always the best source of information, but as far as I know the security contract for Marvel Stadium is AIG Security who are based in Fairfield, VIC.

What exactly are you basing your assertion on that all the security staff are 'Indian students'?

Read again, it is not an assertion, it is something I suspect. And where did I say all?

Just now, Sorry kids said:

Read again, it is not an assertion, it is something I suspect. And where did I say all?

Ok then I'll rephrase if you prefer: What is the basis of your 'suspicion' that AIG Security are employing Indian students to work at Marvel Stadium?

13 hours ago, Robot Devil said:

You could not script the timing of this one.

What did he think he was going to do?

082D8633-7133-454E-A280-ACF752BC93C8.jpeg

Probably gives some credence to Jeff's comments that the security hired don't really understand the game and what is deemed acceptable or not!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Ok then I'll rephrase if you prefer: What is the basis of your 'suspicion' that AIG Security are employing Indian students to work at Marvel Stadium?

The same suspicion I had with Seven Eleven workers, Service Station workers and other industries where young Indians dominate a profession. All found to be being employed illegally and the majority on Student Visas or work permits.

2 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

The same suspicion I had with Seven Eleven workers, Service Station workers and other industries where young Indians dominate a profession. All found to be being employed illegally and the majority on Student Visas or work permits.

Really?

Edited by ManDee

1 minute ago, Sorry kids said:

You're still missing the point. What is your basis for assuming the security industry is 'dominated' by 'young Indians'?

I've worked closely with that industry for 24 years and that's not been my experience at all.

1 minute ago, Lord Nev said:

You're still missing the point. What is your basis for assuming the security industry is 'dominated' by 'young Indians'?

I've worked closely with that industry for 24 years and that's not been my experience at all.

Well then you do not follow it to closely at the MCG. Again you are splitting hairs. The discussion is in the context of the recent issues at the footy not the Security industry. Surely that does not need to be stated on a footy forum about fans behaving badly.

Well then you do not follow it to closely at the MCG. Again you are splitting hairs. The discussion is in the context of the recent issues at the footy not the Security industry. Surely that does not need to be stated on a footy forum about fans behaving badly.

No, you're the one who brought up the ethnic background and Visa conditions of the security at Marvel Stadium and then stated 'young Indians' are 'dominating' the security industry.

Now you're moving the goal posts to the MCG, 7/11 stores and crowd behaviour.

So once again I ask, what are you basing your assumption on?

10 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Not my fault if you did not follow the cases that were prosecuted and the subsequent inquiry. 

You said "Service Station workers and other industries where young Indians dominate a profession. All found to be being employed illegally"

That is a blatant lie. All young Indian workers(where they dominate a profession) found to be being employed illegally! That is absolute rubbish. 

Edited by ManDee

1 minute ago, ManDee said:

You said "Service Station workers and other industries where young Indians dominate a profession. All found to be being employed illegally"

That is a blatant lie. All young Indian workers found to be being employed illegally! That is absolute rubbish. 

Last comment by me. Do you realise you are employed illegally if you are underpaid or denied proper super and other workplace conditions. That is what the enquiry found to those stores it looked into

Last comment by me. Do you realise you are employed illegally if you are underpaid or denied proper super and other workplace conditions. That is what the enquiry found to those stores it looked into

All !!!!!

Every young Indian, not some, not many, not most but all!

I happen to employ a young Indian, at above award rates with the correct super and with appropriate workplace conditions. So I think that makes you wrong, again.

3 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

The poster was somewhat on the money. I said Marvel when it should have referred to the MCG.

Secure corp run security at the MCG 

SECUREcorp is part of Guardforce Group Company. 

Guardforce headquarters are in Sydney.

3 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

The poster was somewhat on the money. I said Marvel when it should have referred to the MCG.

Secure corp run security at the MCG 

SECUREcorp is part of Guardforce Group Company. 

Guardforce headquarters are in Sydney.

Appreciate that mate, but the context of Kennett's comments revolved around the staff at Marvel Stadium.

Either way, I still maintain your assumption the security industry is 'dominated' by 'young Indians' is at best off the mark.

But I'll leave it at that as we're going back and forth over the same ground now.

Cheers.