Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GAMEDAY: Rd 11 vs Adelaide

I was talking footy with a new acquaintance last night. He was a Kangas man so had seen some great successes from the Keith Greg, Barrie Cable, Doug Wade years through to the great Carey. I was talking Demons through the years and found myself saying, " i love being a Melbourne supporter. Any advice welcome. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

MMM confirmed Tom Lynch will play tonight.

Omac BOG. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

I was talking footy with a new acquaintance last night. He was a Kangas man so had seen some great successes from the Keith Greg, Barrie Cable, Doug Wade years through to the great Carey. I was talking Demons through the years and found myself saying, " i love being a Melbourne supporter. Any advice welcome. 

Intervention session with fellow scarred old timers?

30 minutes ago, Dame Gaga said:

Intervention session with fellow scarred old timers?

What would you give to see Robbie Flower play one more time and show young ones how graceful dangerous and dangerous a true wingman on the MCG can be.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

The wind up here at the moment is quite flukey, It blows for a while and then drops off. I just hope it doesn't fall away when we have it. If we win the toss and its blowing we must kick with it.

I hope Spargo has a good game tonight so all of you 200 game legends can back off a second year player who has shown glimpses. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, McQueen said:

I hope Spargo has a good game tonight so all of you 200 game legends can back off a second year player who has shown glimpses. 

Glimpses of what??? precisely?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Glimpses of what??? precisely?

Hangers, 70 metre barrels, crunching tackles, multiple bags of goals, precision kicking...

Haven’t you been watching?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, loges said:

The wind up here at the moment is quite flukey, It blows for a while and then drops off. I just hope it doesn't fall away when we have it. If we win the toss and its blowing we must kick with it.

Breeze will not be a factor after dusk more concerned about which Melbourne team will turn up. On the direct flight from Perth hopefully. Team bus does not need to divert via Greater Western Sydney.

1 minute ago, The Swimming Dee said:

Forget the Spargo talk. The bloke that is luckiest to hold his spot in the team is Garlett

Get the impression he has already left the club.

Couldn't bring myself to listing why we could win last week. Because i didn't think we would. But even though i've tipped the Crows i am much more confident this week and would not all be shocked if we win.

I'm very confident  we will be in it for most of the match and would be surprised if they get a hold of us. The betting line is 10.5 which i think is about right.

Reasons we can win:

• They are rubbish
  • Their strength is nominally their big forwards - the likely sweaty humid and slippery conditions will negate this strength and make it very hard for them to clunk their marks (us too but we don't do that anyway)
  • Omac will rack up his 10 plus spoils and make life hell for their bigs (and no one will notice, least of all DL posters and the stoopid commentators)
  • It hasn't been the big forward that have hurt us (last week notwithstanding - but geez Rance, Bruce Doull and Steve Silvagni would have no chance last week) it has be the small and medium forwards. The crows have eddy and not much else i this regard and he is not the player he was
  • They are rubbish
  • They struggle to score so won't get away from us like GWS
  • Salem, Hibberd and Hannan are huge ins
  • Even though obviously the giants well and truly put the cue in the rack in the q last week it was important we kept working hard and brought the loss under 5 goals- there is an old saying in footy that teams carry on from where they left off and we got reward for contested ball and dare
  • The teams we struggle against are those that hold the ball up and spread and use the width of grounds. They don't play that well and our game plan matches up well against theirs (or perhaps it is more accurate to say their approach doesn't not exploit our weaknesses) as is reflected in the fact we have 3 of our last 4 encounters (and should have won the 4th)
  • Dids i say they are rubbish

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, The Swimming Dee said:

I really hope he has a big night because I’ve always been a fan...been very disappointing though

Same here. I think I lost enthusiasm in him 2 seasons ago when his form drpped off and it contributed to us missing finals.

The difference  bw him and Spargo I feel is that Garlett has 10 times more talent but doesnt try as hard.

I feel he could have been a star but didnt want to be. Each to their own.

• Like 1