Sign in to follow this  
pitmaster

Orange people evicted

Late in the GWS game cops evicted several Giants supporters from the northern stand...anyone here know anything?

2 minutes ago, pitmaster said:

Late in the GWS game cops evicted several Giants supporters from the northern stand...anyone here know anything?

Saw it from a distance 

Level 2, looked like only bloke in Orange, must've been mouthing off a bit because was cheered out by about 3000 people from Lvl 1 and 2

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Saw that, don’t know exactly what happened. They were seated in level 2 of Northern and Melbourne fans from Level 1 were looking up and cheering the eviction.

Edit: Isn’t Level 2 Northern a premium reserved seating area for us?

Edited by Dee Zephyr

Was in the bay next to me. There was a female Dees supporter evicted with two males. One of the guys was a Giants fan the other had a Tigers beanie. I didn't notice them until they were ejected. They were in the front row and they were remonstrating with people on the bottom level. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The bloke had a Tigers beanie with a Giants jumper. Nuffie. 

It is a premium members area, there was a girl who was a Melbourne member with the two. 

My understanding is that it was being a friend day. There were a few others in that area mouthing off. I don’t know why they’d want to sit in the area, but to give ppl [censored]

I sit on the MCC side of the fence and you could sense a fair bit of unrest in that area

Edited by Leoncelli_36

Yeah I was there down below, they were giving it to the Melbourne supporters all day, being total peanuts. It was actually quite funny when they were evicted 

• Haha 2

I was there on level 1 underneath these big mouths in their early twenties. Two Giants fans, one Tiger fan and a female fan in Melbourne gear (?!). Didn't stop mouthing off, targeting us members below. Couldn't concentrate on the game, could only hear one bloke's loud voice talking sh#t like a broken record. Some young children around us were getting upset and supporters nearby were giving it back to the idiots, but I knew that would only encourage them. Three police officers finally removed them two at a time to loud cheers. However ten minutes later they were back and started again. When I went upstairs to the ladies I saw two police officers coming down the stairs (they were only coming down to protect the ground from people running onto it as it turned out) and I spoke to the male officer asking him why the troublemakers were back upstairs. His reply was yes they are allowed to. What kind of answer was this? I just shook my head and walked on.

They wonder why there is trouble late in the game and after the game. Because they do not practice prevention. Tempers could have got out of hand if these fools had decided to come down and if they had been drinking. But no, protecting the ground from anyone deciding to jump the fence too early before it was time to do kick to kick on the 'G was more important I guess. What is the point in reporting unsociable behaviour if nothing is done about it. Honestly, going to the football is becoming less enjoyable and I feel sorry for the kids. It wasn't fun for them being mocked just for following their team.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pitmaster said:

1 hour ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Saw that, don’t know exactly what happened. They were seated in level 2 of Northern and Melbourne fans from Level 1 were looking up and cheering the eviction.

Edit: Isn’t Level 2 Northern a premium reserved seating area for us?

Edited by DV8
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dame Gaga said:

I was there on level 1 underneath these big mouths in their early twenties. Two Giants fans, one Tiger fan and a female fan in Melbourne gear (?!). Didn't stop mouthing off, targeting us members below. Couldn't concentrate on the game, could only hear one bloke's loud voice talking sh#t like a broken record. Some young children around us were getting upset and supporters nearby were giving it back to the idiots, but I knew that would only encourage them. Three police officers finally removed them two at a time to loud cheers. However ten minutes later they were back and started again. When I went upstairs to the ladies I saw two police officers coming down the stairs (they were only coming down to protect the ground from people running onto it as it turned out) and I spoke to the male officer asking him why the troublemakers were back upstairs. His reply was yes they are allowed to. What kind of answer was this? I just shook my head and walked on.

They wonder why there is trouble late in the game and after the game. Because they do not practice prevention. Tempers could have got out of hand if these fools had decided to come down and if they had been drinking. But no, protecting the ground from anyone deciding to jump the fence too early before it was time to do kick to kick on the 'G was more important I guess. What is the point in reporting unsociable behaviour if nothing is done about it. Honestly, going to the football is becoming less enjoyable and I feel sorry for the kids. It wasn't fun for them being mocked just for following their team.

They were drinking, heavily. They were complete peanuts. So was the Melbourne supporting girl who brought them with her. The security at the G is completely useless, as are the police. I’d still like to know how they were sitting in a premium members area. All I can think of is that their Melbourne supporting friend had leant them memberships.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

They were drinking, heavily. They were complete peanuts. So was the Melbourne supporting girl who brought them with her. The security at the G is completely useless, as are the police. I’d still like to know how they were sitting in a premium members area. All I can think of is that their Melbourne supporting friend had leant them memberships.

This is appalling. I suspected they were drunkards and to see a Melbourne supporter screaming at fellow supporters was a disgrace. The attitude of the police officer I spoke to was disappointing. He couldn't be bothered with my question. He only wanted to stand next to the gate at the fence to stop people going on to the ground too early for the kick to kick. Priorities? 

The checking of people's memberships this year has been terrible. We have had all manner of people waltzing into our members only area wearing opposition gear and even sometimes carrying beers, with no one stopping them. I don't know why the standards have slipped this year so much.

• Like 1

The three nuftis were in the bar surrounded by police officers at 3qtr time, getting details taken etc.

Aren’t they paid actors.. employees of Gil?? 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Orange men bad

did they have drums for the marching season.

Nothing like the Battle of the Boyne to get the tempers flying.

On a completely different note if you haven't seen Derry Girls it is magnifcent television.

14 hours ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

The bloke had a Tigers beanie with a Giants jumper. Nuffie. 

I can top that.

Saw a guy in one of the bars in the MCC walk out wearing a GWS beanie and a Gold Coast scarf.

And we sit here wondering how a Liberal/National party was returned to office...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Yeah, saw it. They were eventually permitted to go back and sit down, then kept much quieter.

The woman wearing Melbourne colours was screaming down to level 1 challenging fans to come up for a barney. And the police woman was standing 2m from her at the time.

I observed the big guy wearing GWS colours walking into the bar area at half time loudly baiting any Melbourne fan he could find. Waving his arms around yelling taunts.

Peanuts like these should've been kicked out earlier in the game. 

And the AFL wonders why there are fights at the footy...

• Like 2

One of the special things about Australian sport has been the mixing of supporters at games.

It would be a shame for it to be lost.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Yeah, saw it. They were eventually permitted to go back and sit down, then kept much quieter.

The woman wearing Melbourne colours was screaming down to level 1 challenging fans to come up for a barney. And the police woman was standing 2m from her at the time.

I observed the big guy wearing GWS colours walking into the bar area at half time loudly baiting any Melbourne fan he could find. Waving his arms around yelling taunts.

Seriously this is why i would rather watch games at the Pub on a big screen. 

I used to go weekly, now it is too expensive in a cab to get to and from the G in heavy traffic and i just don’t like crowds anymore, far to agro. 

Years ago crowds had a go at each other, but it was often funny. That element has gone now. 

Crowds are angry 😡 

• Like 3

If they’re creating that many issues and having their details taken, kick them out. It’s not that hard. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Moonshadow said:

There are fights because another 'tough guy'  can't or won't ignore the taunts, obviously nobody took the bait

All sounds pretty stupid to me. Especially with an attendance where all you needed to worry about was whether you closed the gate behind you when you left.