Demonland

POSTGAME: Rd 08 vs Gold Coast

3 hours ago, loges said:

Yes I was thinking this when everyone was saying long term injury. Plate it asap, back in a couple of weeks.

Been there, so effin painful, don't know how they can do that and run a straight line with all the pain killers...

Jeezuz christ, we kind of, definitely flopped over the line tonight. Def ugly. On my break at work watching it on my phone, theres a broadcast delay over the internet naturally, 18 seconds left, Viney gets it out of the middle, [censored] phone starts ringing, phone melts down, by the time I got the phone to cancel the call and the app back up, the game was over, completely missed it. 

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rjay said:

Not with that dropped mark he's not, it was an absolute soda. Harmes put it right down his throat, no defender on him & Tommy dropped it like a hot spud. Lucky he got a boot to it.

When/if Tommy starts holding his grabs he will start to show some form.

I was thinking of you ah! you never seem happy for TMAC  he won us the game you wanted him dropped. You need to jump on board a win to make you feel good. I hope you sleep well tonight. Pleasant Dreams. Try supporting not whinging. I won't waste my breathe on you again.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Mr Steve said:

You can laugh your [censored] off but thats season defining. 

I wholeheartedly agree, but probably not in the way you were intending.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

Im just back from Hop, Hosptl, HOSPITAL!

Whaatt happened???

Some random tried to take you out with a brick! Something about a goal with 47 seconds to go!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

5 pages in and still no Olisik.... he would have been rubbing his hands and licking his lips when GC hit the fron with 49 seconds to go.

A win is a win! We'll take it hey! 

Well done boys for just not giving up at all!!

Think your on the wrong forum mate. Www.olisik.com is for talking about me, this forum is for talking about the dees.

Note: Your obsession with me is starting to get creepy.

That said, we played like [censored] today, seeing the coaches celebrate like we just won the premiership was embarrassing. When have you ever seen the great coaches like Clarkson n co do that?

Edited by olisik
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nasher said:

Well I must be the only one who’s stoked. Yes the game was a bucket of pus, but I wasn’t expecting anything but. We’re not contenders this year, we knew that. 

I still like winning above all else, and we did. I jumped through the roof at the end as if it mattered.

Not the only one Nasher.

I have only just finished watching the game. For family reasons could not watch the game live and thanks to the well designed Kayo platform watched 'as live'. We were horrible. All our woeful kicking skills that i (and it must be said you) have pointed out for the last few years were on full technicolor display.

But we got the 4 points. And that is all that matters. At least for now.

The Pies, the best team in the AFL by a country mile, almost got beaten by the worst team in the AFL today. Hibberd is huge blow but if we get Hannan, May,  Lever and JKH (his running will be super important for us) back in the next few weeks then we won't be far away.

The AFL is becoming like the NBA. The regular season is a war of attrition. The play offs/finals is a totally new season. Even the best teams can struggle if come finals team they get key injuries. Sure the pies and the cats look good ATM. But is very long season these days. A few key injuries and the cats are among the magpies, so to speak. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I did a hammy and put my back out celebrating after TMac booted the point.

knees a tremble  'ET'..  next time use the couch ol fella.  😁

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

Ah Turbo Mc Treacle... Why would you doubt the everlasting consistency of his performance??

[censored] off

3 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

Sorry to hear that RBM.  Gut wrenching time ✌🏼

Thanks bud, really appreciate it. Tough day.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, DV8 said:

Oli could have bumped that player, but the point remains that OMc's player got away,  and created overlap,  and then ran on to goal...  OMc still trotting thru the middle.

Even IF Oli had of checked that player,  the ball was still past them,  and was on its way toward goal.

It was OMc that either should have been on his player,  shoulder to shoulder,  Or ahead of the play to defend.

So I disagree with you,  M_M...   I think what I posted was the correct thing to do.  & OMc stuffed up.

Apart from the fact that this is all hindsight (bias), it's not even accurate.

OMc was tackled by Holman, after Frost dumped him in it (this after Frost's first handball dumped Fritsch in it as well). In the tackle, Oscar's leg/ankle was caught under him, and in the immediate aftermath OMc was on the ground, unable to get up - which is one of the reason GC tried to play on. Play was called back and eventually he gets up, but if you watch on the full video replay, not the edit, OMc could hardly walk at that point. In fact, if you look at him standing on the mark, not only can he not walk and is limping badly, he can hardly stand. And *that's* why Holman took off and ran forward in the first place, he knew that Oscar wouldn't be able to go with him.

The person who *should* have gone with Holman as he ran on was Oliver. As Holman was running through after taking the first handball receive, Oliver was in a position to tackle him. Holman handpassed - but then ran around Oliver and kept running to take the receive. Oliver stopped for a second, and it was just enough - he started chasing again, but by that stage, Holman had 10 metres on him.

(And re the above, as someone else pointed out in the Changes thread, Oscar was limping at the end of the game.)

Edited by bing181
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, MaysSoreGroin said:

Jeezuz christ, we kind of, definitely flopped over the line tonight. Def ugly. On my break at work watching it on my phone, theres a broadcast delay over the internet naturally, 18 seconds left, Viney gets it out of the middle, [censored] phone starts ringing, phone melts down, by the time I got the phone to cancel the call and the app back up, the game was over, completely missed it. 

I suggest you move to an area with worse reception.Or better yet, get less friends.

• Haha 1

Great to see Petracca slam that important goal through from 50 metres out.  He looked very relieved.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Buzzy said:

Well, that was the worst s*#t I've ever seen.  So many questions.

Why did Frost play on at the top of the 50?

How did Harmes not reach the goals with that kick?

How could McDonald miss that mark?

If anything, this game just confirmed how utterly woeful we are as a football club.  Pure luck that we won that.

We have so many substandard players on our list right now it's frightening.  

Shudder to think what might happen next week.

I liked Frost’s game but this was so incredibly stupid by him and directly resulted in Gold Coast hitting the lead.

Edited by Clint Bizkit
  • Like 5

Totally stoked to get the win in the circumstances.  That last 49 seconds was the inverse of the Leigh Montagna loss to St Kilda to me.

To those criticizing the coaches - please.  The coaching team are actually human beings, not robots and their reaction well understandable.

Talking about some focusing on the negatives.  I thought we dominated the general play for about the first time this year, but just couldn't convert that, with the entries inside 50 and lack of holding a mark our biggest problems.  Should have won that game by 6 goals.

I can't believe just how jinxed we are with injuries.  Hibbo was just starting to play some great footy again.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

A wins a win... 

But Goody saying the conditions were slippery was just and out and out lie. My 4 year old was cleaner with her kicks, marks and handballs on the ground after the game than all of our team bar Salem.

It was great to see ANB out and about with the people having a kick after the gane.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Petraccattack said:

Great to see Petracca slam that important goal through from 50 metres out.  He looked very relieved.

I'd like to see Petracca run away from the mark from 25m out to kick it from 50 out

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

A horrible game to watch live but crowd got fired up in the last five. Hard to get enthused but a win a win. There were positives first time I have seen Lockhart and Hore they really are very good. I also thought T Mac was good and Salem is a class act. Beyond that this was a shocker of a game. The Dees will improve as season moves on and we get players back as seriously we can’t get much worse. The last two week were must win but we are going to be hammered in next four week Eagles; GWS; Crows and Pies. Will turn at the bye 3 and 9 with a % south of 70%. If we had not won the last two it would have been 1 and 11 so will take these win even though they have been ordinary. Clarkson a xxxx but he assessed us accurately. It going to be a long season I am afraid.

Just watched the last 2 minutes.

I wish I hadn't. 

11 hours ago, Demon17 said:

66 to 42 Inside 50's will guarantee that won't happen - I hope.

That stat  alone is an indictment on someone or something.

The game should have been all but iced  at quarter time. Great to get the win but [censored] me this team can make you pull your hair out. How have our skills dropped so markedly in 6 months. We were never the most skilled side but this is another level. Why does TMac attempt marks with flat palms? Why does Omac continually fresh air spoils?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Unleash Hell said:

That was ugly

Bowling shoe ugly as JR used to say (for you WWF fans)

Posted (edited)

It  was ugly.  But:

We dominated the game.

We lead on the scoreboard all game, except for a few minutes in the last.    

We deserved to win.

However, our i50 entries are still rubbish.  Mids, please lower eyes!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Had a good game, even if some on here still want to bag him. He's looking more and more confident and competitive contesting and then winning the ground balls. Does need to improve the 30m set shot tho

• Like 6

Wow, wasn’t able to catch the game, came on here to get some colour before rewatching... so you’re saying a shouldn’t rewatch it??

It would have to be a real dumpster fire to justify the negativity on these boards!!! Yikes!

31 minutes ago, praha said:

Just watched the last 2 minutes.

I wish I hadn't. 

Why?