Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 08 vs Gold Coast

Demonland

17 hours ago, DemonOX said:

Yep I would rather see Petty in and give him a good go at it like Omac has got and see what he can do. Put it this way Petty ain’t gonna be any worse that omac. 

Petty will at least earn 2-4 kicks per quarter in clearances.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TRIGON said:

Without Hunt’s clean hands and endeavour in the last 49 seconds there’d have been no victory.

Just played like he needed to play and the timing in the game was perfect. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Stormy Dee said:

Did you also see all the players line up to give Goody a hug but Jeffy avoided this by stepping to the side.

That is reading way too much into something that was fairly innocuous. Garlett is a quiet person by nature and I am sure that Saty would confirm that he is much loved by all his team mates and coaching staff. Because he is not as gregarious as Harmsey or Petracca doesn't mean that he has a bad relationship with the coach, if that is what you are inferring. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

There's a great insight on Access All Areas (on the afl app/site) where they break down that last 1 minute of play. Oscar McDonald is a very lucky man that we won that game. He jogged a long in the middle rather than man up on Holman who ended up kicking the goal that put them in front.

They also highlighted the smarts of Marty Hore - he didn't play a great game but his second half and that goal was really something. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

There's a great insight on Access All Areas (on the afl app/site) where they break down that last 1 minute of play. Oscar McDonald is a very lucky man that we won that game. He jogged a long in the middle rather than man up on Holman who ended up kicking the goal that put them in front.

They also highlighted the smarts of Marty Hore - he didn't play a great game but his second half and that goal was really something. 

it was good wasnt it, and as Bad as Oscar's lack of smarts were , Hore's were very good, read the play very well. Has become a really good player.

The Vision of Oscar is what frustrates most of us the most.. no urgency at all, i don't care if he hurt himself getting tackled.. be better, be more desperate.. just perceived pressure can be very effective at times.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, nosoupforme said:

Petracca kicked a goal from 50 + because he followed through or kicked through the ball. However when he is between 20 to 40       metres  out he tends to guide the ball and lays back on his kick by dropping the ball much higher from his foot which is a recipe for spraying it.

What he needs to do from close range is to take the extra seven to ten steps as though to kick through the ball like he does when kicking from 50+ and then his accuracy will be much better. It is as simple as that.  Yes let him know if he needs a coach. I told him and look at him now no idea, loss of confidence. Tell him to look me up.    

If he aimed to kick the ball with a low trajectory  and with penetration,  this may aid him,  from swinging his leg across the line of goal...  it would be very difficult to lean back, when your going to kick the ball low and hard.

3 hours ago, Engorged Onion said:

His grunt and preparedness to get smashed (ie: against adelaide 2 years ago as well) - beguiles his pretty boy looks thats for sure.

He's a different player from the FF line going at the ball coming to meet it.  He plays with more instinct there...  

Up the field he is lost,  in trying to set up attacks.

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Omac was injured in the tackle

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, binman said:

Could barely walk after the game. But hey let's find another reason to find fault with omac.

I think I can safely say he is the clear favourite whipping boy of 2019 binman.

He ain't as bad as a lot think.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, old dee said:

I think I can safely say he is the clear favourite whipping boy of 2019 binman.

He ain't as bad as a lot think.

Right on both counts od. 

On the second point if he were as bad as some think he wouldn't get a game with Casey let alone an AFL team.

But Collins, jeez he's a gun. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Megatron said:

Indeed it would. We seem to like getting away from Melbourne and playing games on the road. Over the last couple of years we’d have to be just about the best traveling team in the game. I’d like to see our recent record if anyone has that handy?

I believe we have a 10-5 record interstate under Goodwin, from round 1 2017 to present. These include our home NT games.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, godees said:

Injured ?  He jogged off with a limp, following the play downfield...  he played out the game,  and I bet he trains today... injured you say ?

Must have been a shocker of an injury then,  to keep him from sprinting ?  when jogging was fine...  the game was on the line. 

That piece of play reminds me of  'Wattshisface',  trying (or not),  to chase when under Roosy, in the early years..

1 hour ago, godees said:

To be fair on Holman, I don't think OMac would have been able to go with him anyway even if he wasn't injured. OMac is usually slow to react and wouldn't have made up the gap, at the very most he may have put pressure on the kick. 

Having said all that, all is well that ends well, and who knows, if that event hadn't of transpired, we may have actually drew the game and only got the 2pts. Gold Coast scoring that goal invoked the 6-6-6 formation which cleared out our forward line. It was with an open forward line with two quick entries that allowed us to win the game.  

Haven't seen anything other than the last two minutes.

But I know that we had three injuries, including to Melksham who appears to have been one of our better players in the first half.

And I know that GC are a better side than in 2018 (seems many don't realise that).

And I know that GC haven't been involved in a high-quality football match all year, bringing most of their opponents down to their level (I think only Adelaide has looked strong against them, even West Coast at home last week struggled to get out of second gear).

And from the sweat levels I saw on the players in the final two minutes, I wouldn't be surprised if humidity/dew played a role in the fumbling.

And the tackle stats, particularly tackles inside 50, were at an elite level.

And then on Sunday they side we beat last week dominated GWS.

I'll take the win in those circumstances. Let's see if we can build on this.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

To be fair on Holman, I don't think OMac would have been able to go with him anyway even if he wasn't injured. OMac is usually slow to react and wouldn't have made up 

Fair on Holman? Sheesh.

You do know he plays for an opposition team. And that Omac plays for the MFC

With fans like some on demonland who needs enemies.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, binman said:

Fair on Holman? Sheesh.

You do know he plays for an opposition team. And that Omac plays for the MFC

With fans like some on demonland who needs enemies.

Steady on. I think he meant the Holman discussion, not the man himself.

Edited by sue

1 hour ago, Moonshadow said:

Presumptive. VFL is not AFL.

How'd he go last senior game he played?

Better than OMac. 

2 minutes ago, sue said:

Steady on. I think he meant the Holman discussion, not the man himself.

Huh?

What is the Holman discussion?

The only comment I can see about Holman from ATBOG is that he kicked a goal because omac didn't go with him.

9 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Better than OMac. 

Really? You should be on the FD match committee. Bet you thought diffferent ladt year when he was doing well.

So many wind socks on Demonland, and so much wind

• Like 3