Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Steven May - drinking session

juzzk1d

19 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

and Lever? What a shambles.

I'd say that it's more so Max isn't up to date with the latest. Lever would be in the rehab group with May, and Misso would obviously be well aware of his current state. Max even kept on saying he got injured in JLT2 not rnd 2 so obviously not obviously not aware of all the history. 

The tweet above from channel 9 also said he was running laps.

• Like 3

This 'incident' has spawned so much sanctimonious claptrap here and beyond! May made a mistake, poor choice, let his guard down. I'm not going to execute him, or even ridicule him. The club will take appropriate action... no need for me to moralise or cast stones. I reckon May will play some good footy for us when the time comes. When he does, the current 'incident' will not seem like a hanging offence! 

• Like 14

Absolutely correct waynerussell. What a lot of sanctimonious, hypocritical garbage from the likes of Lyon and JBrown. God the AFL is a small, vicious world, driven by superannuated footballers and third-rate media pundits. (If you are really any good as a journo, you wouldn't be covering football.) Yes, what he did was unwise (should have had a few drinks at home). Did JBrown ever have a beer during one of his injury stints, do you think?

2 hours ago, Kumamoto_Ken said:

What I found really annoying about Morris On The Couch last night, apart from his huge noggin (like an orange on a toothpick), was his use of the word ample.

'He didn't have one or two beers, he had ample' something like that anyway. It doesn't say anything...ample for Tom might be a pot of shandy.

he's another small-minded mediocrity, making a name for himself in a tiny, small-minded world.

7 minutes ago, Redlagged said:

he's another small-minded mediocrity, making a name for himself in a tiny, small-minded world.

What was this "small-minded mediocrity" that Morris portrayed ?

Edited by ProDee

18 minutes ago, waynewussell said:

This 'incident' has spawned so much sanctimonious claptrap here and beyond! May made a mistake, poor choice, let his guard down. I'm not going to execute him, or even ridicule him. The club will take appropriate action... no need for me to moralise or cast stones. I reckon May will play some good footy for us when the time comes. When he does, the current 'incident' will not seem like a hanging offence! 

Fair enough Wayne.  

May has been hung, drawn and quartered when not all the facts are known.  

Like most things, criticism has come about due to context.  

In his case, he came with great fanfare, and his signing was seen as a coup for the Demons. It reinforced views that this was further proof of the clubs professionalism and emergence as a power club. His price tag reinforced opinion that he had great value and must be a great pick-up. He was seen as the answer to our problems in the back half. 

There was a huge feel good factor and a fair amount of expectation.  The fact that he was an ex-Captain gave him cred as a team leader. 

However, he rocks up in poor condition, looking like an overweight park footballer. A bad start. According to Saty, he trained his a...off, but then injures his groin. It is a fair supposition to think that the injury was due to his poor condition and the sudden step up and intensity of training.

He plays one forgettable game when he is clearly short of a gallop and then disappears into the ether unable to train or play. So for someone that came with fanfare and hype, his start has been a huge disappointment. With players and clubs, fans expect professionalism. Fans don't expect or tolerate players on big coin who appear to be loafing off or lazy. Fans criticisms may be over the top but that is the perception. We have seen too many lazy uncommitted footballers at Melbourne over the years. 

Whatever the circumstances surrounding May, everyone expects players to be committed, disciplined and fully professional. The jury is out on May and the current perception of him will only change when we see him training and playing to his full capability. . 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

image.thumb.png.3f7eb33339ee8787ec0fb486c2213a79.png

Does this mean he is 3-4 weeks away? What was he before the timeline changed?

15 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

Nash you probably didnt see my post from the "Lewis is cooked...." thread on Sat after the match against the Hawks.  Here is the end bit...

P.S.  Jordy should be on the D'land banner ....in place of May who's done zip for this club so far (assuming that IS May in the middle).

Edited Saturday at 10:52 PM by Rusty Nails

If i may mention one other key difference between  Jordy and May that should see Jordy replace May on the banner...

4 time Premiership player, Club B&F 2014, All Australian 2014 ... and...

CHARACTER

Job for @Demonlandmate. I have nothing to do with the banner.

Don’t tell me you’re another one that thinks we’re the same person? ?

The think that never ceases to amaze me in this world is that people fail to understand that there is no such thing as privacy any longer. Every person has a camera in the form of their phone. Everything is now recordable. Every single person in public life must surely know that anything they do will appear on the internet for all to see. Well I guess we are talking about footballers and most are not rocket scientists and with what now know about May it probably explains a lot.

• Like 2

Just now, Smokey said:

I took a sick day from work today and had a glass of wine with lunch.

Go ahead, roast me demonland. 

You had lunch! That's it you are off my christmas card list Smokey.

• Haha 1

Nothing story that a journalist beat up without knowing any facts

May did the wrong thing, drinking in public. 

If he is in the middle of a relationship breakup i don’t begrudge him a beer or two. I just wish he had done it at home and had orange juice ? at the Pub...

2 hours ago, TRIGON said:

He went to Melbourne Grammar.

Not according to J Brown last night.

Anyway, I saw/heard too many private school boys in the MCC last Saturday who spoke about where they went to school, my brain is fried.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TGR said:

Not according to J Brown last night.

Anyway, I saw/heard too many private school boys in the MCC last Saturday who spoke about where they went to school, my brain is fried.

Scotch / Melbourne Grammar, same, same but different. There are reports of May kicking a bag of goals for Melbourne Grammar Vs Scotch, that could be where the confusion stems from.