Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v Gold Coast Suns

Chelly

1 hour ago, Deemania since 56 said:

You are not the only one!

I am sure that most of us can see it - allegedly had a good game last week but still was not even competitive and was grossly unreliable across the game - yet he keeps being picked (what are we waiting for); as if he is going to produce a three-year overdue turn-around with his speed, manning, marking, team play, reliable interceptions, attacking clearances, etc). He is a drain and liability on what could be a very good backline, necessitating the support re-structuring of the rest of the backmen during most active plays firstly at fullback and now at halfback.

When Lever, Jetta and May return, all will be added scramblers attempting to resolve the problem when the ball is in/ is approaching his vicinity. This will leave the current deep backmen playing against an added opposition forward other than their own opponent. 'Sneak in and kick goals' has never been easier for them. 

Notice how Frosty, Salem, HIbberd and even Lewis by-pass OMac when clearing, passing, handballing - he cannot attract teamwork, just lopes around avoiding physical contact. A wasted jumper.

In previous years we could allow OMac some slack hoping that the tide would turn and we would begin to see improvement.  This year there has been no improvement and the same failings are apparent to all. It is like watching a Jack Watts rerun. Hoping each week to see the potential unlocked but instead seeing the same failings. It all adds up to the same feeling of frustration merging at times with anger when one watches his hesitant bewildered game style. It really is hard to imagine what goes on in his head.  All I know is that like Watts, you can't keep selecting a player with little or no intensity at the ball or the opponent. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, hemingway said:

In previous years we could allow OMac some slack hoping that the tide would turn and we would begin to see improvement.  This year there has been no improvement and the same failings are apparent to all. It is like watching a Jack Watts rerun. Hoping each week to see the potential unlocked but instead seeing the same failings. It all adds up to the same feeling of frustration merging at times with anger when one watches his hesitant bewildered game style. It really is hard to imagine what goes on in his head.  All I know is that like Watts, you can't keep selecting a player with little or no intensity at the ball or the opponent. 

This debacle has gone on and on, too far, too often, to zilch effect. DROP HIM AS IT IS ALREADY TOO LATE.

4 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

I thought Frost played most of the game on Roughy?

Na, Roughy was played more out on the flanks and then as the second ruck (he was just plan horrible, not beaten by anyone). None of our backs had a true easy to read match up, they went back to a zone type game plan. Saying Frost played on him is to just add to the narrative to have a pot shot at OMac.

1 minute ago, Red and Blue realist said:

Na, Roughy was played more out on the flanks and then as the second ruck (he was just plan horrible, not beaten by anyone). None of our backs had a true easy to read match up, they went back to a zone type game plan. Saying Frost played on him is to just add to the narrative to have a pot shot at OMac.

Sounds reasonable to most ..........

2 hours ago, hemingway said:

agree 'hw'...

Its time to find some urgency with Casey for a prolonged period.  He should go back and learn to dominate at VFL level...  and not get back until the door in front of him,  is off its hinges.

Edited by DV8
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DV8 said:

agree 'H'...

Its time to find some urgency with Casey for a prolonged period.  He should go back and learn to dominate at VFL level...  and not get back until the door in front of him,  is off its hinges.

That won't happen until we get a substantial number of the injured back.

The simple fact is that between now and at least the June break there is no one else at Casey better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, old dee said:

The simple fact is that between now and at least the June break there is no one else at Casey better.

Indeed, OD that is the simple fact.

• Like 1

I just hope we play Viney in the forward half, same as Geelong do Ablett.  Imagine some poor defender having to stop Viney.   The mids have done OK without him this year and last, so why not.  He would have to be watched or tagged by a very good defender, which might help our other forwards.    Time will tell.    Good Chance to win again this week I think. !!!    

Go Dees !!!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, old dee said:

Yes, your right,  'od'.

2 hours ago, Red and Blue realist said:

Actually, no. You have made that up.

I was clarifying who I thought spent the most time on Roughy, because that's who I actually saw at the game on Roughy when he was shifted forward. That's all.

1 minute ago, Moonshadow said:

Actually, no. You have made that up.

I was clarifying who I thought spent the most time on Roughy, because that's who I actually saw at the game on Roughy when he was shifted forward. That's all.

I was there as well, and Roughy spent most of his time on the flanks and when he did go deeper forward, there was no one in particular who was assigned to him. OMac/Hore/Hibberd/Wagner would have played on him just as much, so I didn't make it up at all. Only after he started to get press about having only 8 touches have some here praised Frost for doing that but really doing it to just have another shot at OMac.

19 hours ago, DubDee said:

Get the context. At this point Viney is out co captain and a much better player then ANB. 

Viney will go down as a MFC legend when he lifts the cup in a couple of years

Bloody nice gesture of Gawny & Goody to invite our injured skipper onto the dais to lift the cup. Shades of Bob

Edited by John Demonic
  • Angry 1

7 hours ago, Red and Blue realist said:

I was there as well, and Roughy spent most of his time on the flanks and when he did go deeper forward, there was no one in particular who was assigned to him. OMac/Hore/Hibberd/Wagner would have played on him just as much, so I didn't make it up at all. Only after he started to get press about having only 8 touches have some here praised Frost for doing that but really doing it to just have another shot at OMac.

I simply asked if Frost was matching him up because I saw it three times when he was in the forward 50. I was seeking clarification. I did not mention Omac at all 

You said I was adding to the narrative of Omac bashing by mentioning this, which is made up. By that logic, anyone who mentions Frost is adding to 'Omac bashing', lol!

If you have a problem with posters who take pot shots at Omac, at least pick the correct posters to aim at. I had no problem with Omac's game vs Haw to 3/4 time,

Actually, I cbf anymore. C ya.

21 hours ago, hemingway said:

Absolute last chance for Turbo Mc and Pedestrian Jordan Lewis today . Tide is turning!

Also Jack Viney would not want to reinjure that shoulder if NQR!

Big Day for quite a few today!

DEES JUST!

22 hours ago, Hunt29 said:

Happy for Dec Keilty to get another crack. Thought ANB was stiff to miss out. Viney has to come in if fit and not risking further serious injury. Every game a must win now. 

must be saving ANB for the bigger ground. 

So took the chance with Viney,  prior to the game in Perth...  trying to get him in some form ahead of Eagles.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DV8 said:

You May be a week early,  'RN'.

Ha possibly DV.  I think that would have been handy last night but with a few more injuries we will just have to wait and see who's available.  Hibb is a real blow as he was getting back towards 2017/2018 form, giving us some decent run off HB.  Together with Frosty we were just starting to get our mojo back here.  No luck at all on this front.

6 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

Ha possibly DV.  I think that would have been handy last night but with a few more injuries we will just have to wait and see who's available.  Hibb is a real blow as he was getting back towards 2017/2018 form, giving us some decent run off HB.  Together with Frosty we were just starting to get our mojo back here.  No luck at all on this front.

I think they have selected and rested players...  with a selection View to a block of games.  Yesterdays game and,  in 6 days time over in Perth.

43 minutes ago, DV8 said:

I think they have selected and rested players...  with a selection View to a block of games.  Yesterdays game and,  in 6 days time over in Perth.

There is not many to select from to rest / manage DV.  I think it's more the FD just working with what they have and getting them to a level of conditioning and fitness that will help them to compete and execute over 4 quarters (or close to) at AFL level (via the VFL also where possible).

If we had decent depth at Casey, you might (for example) 'manage' Gus this week and bring in a similar style depth mid to cover allowing Gus to work on aspects of his game before recalling again.  A nice luxury if the options were there.

Edited by Rusty Nails

2 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

There is not many to select from to rest / manage DV.  I think it's more the FD just working with what they have and getting them to a level of conditioning and fitness that will help them to compete and execute over 4 quarters (or close to) at AFL level (via the VFL also where possible).

If we had decent depth at Casey, you might (for example) 'manage' Gus this week and bring in a similar style depth mid to cover allowing Gus to work on aspects of his game before recalling again.  A nice luxury if the options were there.

Agree RN from what I saw yesterday we are down to the bottom.

The problem is we have very large injuries and have now added Hibbert to the long term list. Whatever else we have done wrong the injury list is easily the biggest problem, no team could sustain the injuries we have and still be up in the first eight teams.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 6:38 PM, DV8 said:

must be saving ANB for the bigger ground. 

So took the chance with Viney,  prior to the game in Perth...  trying to get him in some form ahead of Eagles.

ANB a certainty now with the injuries. But yes he’ll cover the ground well with his tank. 

• Like 1