Jump to content

  • Podcast LIVE Tonight @ 8:30pm w/David Neitz

Demon JM

The 2019 Mid Season Draft

Recommended Posts

Would like to see us pick White for Casey based on his form and the fact he was on the Dees list years ago.

 

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the retirement of Shaun Grigg and Tom Boyd raises a new recruiting channel, effectively an extra pick.

If a player retires at EOS a club gets no additional picks to replace him.  But if a play retires before mid season the club gets a new, effectively an extra pick; a pick that can be used on a recent non-drafted player a club had their eyes on who has improved.

A good case to hold over retirements until the following year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new name to put in the mix: Cody Hirst in Demon's sights

"Returning to the Ranges as a 19-year-old has been hugely beneficial for the ex-Lilydale junior, who supports the Demons and lists Nathan Jones as his favourite player.

Champion Data rates Hirst elite for uncontested possessions and above average for ranking points, disposals, contested possessions, goals, score assists and tackles in 2019.

He’s been used on a wing this season, where the clever 180cm prospect has been his team’s most influential player on at least two occasions already and among the best in three other matches.

But insiders say he’s far more likely to be drafted as an agile forward-flanker rather than an out-and-out midfielder. 

He’s got a lot of tricks, he’s a very smart player, he’s been able to build a bit of a tank to be able to play up the ground,” Eastern coach Darren Bewick told the Herald Sun recently.

“He’s just very smart with his footy knowledge and his ability to use the ball by foot.”

Not sure we need another contested type but I like that he is a demon supporter, has good footy IQ, has above average or elite rating this season, plays on the wing and has ability to use the ball by foot.

On paper he sound better than the other prospects we have been linked to.

The four clubs interested are:  Sydney, Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

With the retirement of Shaun Grigg and Tom Boyd raises a new recruiting channel, effectively an extra pick.

If a player retires at EOS a club gets no additional picks to replace him.  But if a play retires before mid season the club gets a new, effectively an extra pick; a pick that can be used on a recent non-drafted player a club had their eyes on who has improved.

A good case to hold over retirements until the following year.

I kinda get what you are saying but don't think any clubs would do this in practice. If you dont retire them early you're effectively a list spot down with a player who you dont think will contribute much to the team in the next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 3:43 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

A new name to put in the mix: Cody Hirst in Demon's sights

"Returning to the Ranges as a 19-year-old has been hugely beneficial for the ex-Lilydale junior, who supports the Demons and lists Nathan Jones as his favourite player.

Champion Data rates Hirst elite for uncontested possessions and above average for ranking points, disposals, contested possessions, goals, score assists and tackles in 2019.

He’s been used on a wing this season, where the clever 180cm prospect has been his team’s most influential player on at least two occasions already and among the best in three other matches.

But insiders say he’s far more likely to be drafted as an agile forward-flanker rather than an out-and-out midfielder. 

He’s got a lot of tricks, he’s a very smart player, he’s been able to build a bit of a tank to be able to play up the ground,” Eastern coach Darren Bewick told the Herald Sun recently.

“He’s just very smart with his footy knowledge and his ability to use the ball by foot.”

Not sure we need another contested type but I like that he is a demon supporter, has good footy IQ, has above average or elite rating this season, plays on the wing and has ability to use the ball by foot.

On paper he sound better than the other prospects we have been linked to.

The four clubs interested are:  Sydney, Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton. 

Crossing my fingers that Hirst is available at our selection.

Not so much for the romance of a supporter playing for our club, but much moreso for the fact his agility is his strength and I see him as a similar type to Hannan, whose absence has been heavily understated in regards to its impact on our performance.

Sadly i think he’ll be gone by the time our pick comes around.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grabbing a teenager with upside might pay dividends down the track.

Hirst looks a good selection if he is on the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adzman said:

Grabbing a teenager with upside might pay dividends down the track.

Hirst looks a good selection if he is on the board.

 

Definitely won’t be filling gaps for a tilt at the flag, that’s for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 3:43 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

A new name to put in the mix: Cody Hirst in Demon's sights

"Returning to the Ranges as a 19-year-old has been hugely beneficial for the ex-Lilydale junior, who supports the Demons and lists Nathan Jones as his favourite player.

Champion Data rates Hirst elite for uncontested possessions and above average for ranking points, disposals, contested possessions, goals, score assists and tackles in 2019.

He’s been used on a wing this season, where the clever 180cm prospect has been his team’s most influential player on at least two occasions already and among the best in three other matches.

But insiders say he’s far more likely to be drafted as an agile forward-flanker rather than an out-and-out midfielder. 

He’s got a lot of tricks, he’s a very smart player, he’s been able to build a bit of a tank to be able to play up the ground,” Eastern coach Darren Bewick told the Herald Sun recently.

“He’s just very smart with his footy knowledge and his ability to use the ball by foot.”

Not sure we need another contested type but I like that he is a demon supporter, has good footy IQ, has above average or elite rating this season, plays on the wing and has ability to use the ball by foot.

On paper he sound better than the other prospects we have been linked to.

The four clubs interested are:  Sydney, Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton. 

Sounds potentially like a Jaiden Stephenson type? I’m all for taking him if so!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Mach5 said:

Crossing my fingers that Hirst is available at our selection.

Not so much for the romance of a supporter playing for our club, but much moreso for the fact his agility is his strength and I see him as a similar type to Hannan, whose absence has been heavily understated in regards to its impact on our performance.

Sadly i think he’ll be gone by the time our pick comes around.

It looks like Carlton, North, Gold Coast and maybe Sydney will be below us for the draft.  From what I can tell so far interest is:

  • Sam Lowson:  North, Carlton, Sydney and Melbourne
  • Kyle Dunkley:  Sydney, Carlton, Gold Coast and Richmond
  • Cody Hirst:  Sydney, Carlton, Melbourne and Richmond.

Would love to beat GWS next week than have an earlier pick in this draft.  But if we lose we will be below Sydney  and wouldn't mind a % age below GCS's but just for this week!

Optimistically, given how badly Carlton were smashed in the middle yesterday they could do with Dunkley.  North can then take Lowson and hopefully GCS have their eyes on someone else and Hirst slips thru to us.  😉 

Pessimistically, he is gone before our pick🙁

This draft will be more interesting than I had thought to see if 'we get our man'!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 3:43 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

A new name to put in the mix: Cody Hirst in Demon's sights

"Returning to the Ranges as a 19-year-old has been hugely beneficial for the ex-Lilydale junior, who supports the Demons and lists Nathan Jones as his favourite player.

Champion Data rates Hirst elite for uncontested possessions and above average for ranking points, disposals, contested possessions, goals, score assists and tackles in 2019.

He’s been used on a wing this season, where the clever 180cm prospect has been his team’s most influential player on at least two occasions already and among the best in three other matches.

But insiders say he’s far more likely to be drafted as an agile forward-flanker rather than an out-and-out midfielder. 

He’s got a lot of tricks, he’s a very smart player, he’s been able to build a bit of a tank to be able to play up the ground,” Eastern coach Darren Bewick told the Herald Sun recently.

“He’s just very smart with his footy knowledge and his ability to use the ball by foot.”

Not sure we need another contested type but I like that he is a demon supporter, has good footy IQ, has above average or elite rating this season, plays on the wing and has ability to use the ball by foot.

On paper he sound better than the other prospects we have been linked to.

The four clubs interested are:  Sydney, Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton. 

Competitive, skilled by foot and comfortable on the wing? I'd take him in a heartbeat. We've seen what happens when we try to put players like Jones or Brayshaw and before them Tyson on the wing. The wing is the place inside ball winners go to die. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry if this has been asked but what is the minimum contract period that you must offer to these draftees.

If another position were to become available on the list prior to the draft can you select two players

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

sorry if this has been asked but what is the minimum contract period that you must offer to these draftees.

If another position were to become available on the list prior to the draft can you select two players

thanks

Quote below is the best I could find.

Midseason Draft

Players selected in the Mid-Season Rookie Draft will be able to negotiate terms of a new contract beyond 2019, just like any other listed player.

Meantime, it is also believed that any player selected in the Mid-Season Rookie Draft that is not retained by their club, or selected by any other club at the end of 2019, will receive a financial sum of around $20,000.

Re yr second question:  Yes, a club can select as many players as it has list vacancies.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Quote below is the best I could find.

Midseason Draft

Players selected in the Mid-Season Rookie Draft will be able to negotiate terms of a new contract beyond 2019, just like any other listed player.

Meantime, it is also believed that any player selected in the Mid-Season Rookie Draft that is not retained by their club, or selected by any other club at the end of 2019, will receive a financial sum of around $20,000.

Re yr second question:  Yes, a club can select as many players as it has list vacancies.

thanks LH.. the six month minimum is interesting. If a team behind us in the draft offers the same potential draftee say a one year deal when we offer a six month deal I wonder if the draftee has a choice of club.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cody Hirst or Mitch Riordan.  Both were top 30 draft prospects from 2018 but had a year wrecked by injury and missed out.  Probably they’ll spend the rest of the year at Casey in development.  Hirst is preferred.  

Corey Gault remains an option as a strong tall forward given Weideman seems to have stalled and Tim Smith yet to put up his hand.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Cody Hirst or Mitch Riordan.  Both were top 30 draft prospects from 2018 but had a year wrecked by injury and missed out.  Probably they’ll spend the rest of the year at Casey in development.  Hirst is preferred.  

Corey Gault remains an option as a strong tall forward given Weideman seems to have stalled and Tim Smith yet to put up his hand.  

#18 Mitch Riordan

Over-ager Riordan has built a good case to be picked up in the mid-season draft after an interrupted top-age year, and was damaging from stoppages around the ground in this outing. Riordan’s run from congestion was great to watch, with an explosive first five steps allowing him to break forward quickly and dispose of the ball effectively in more space, while also flicking out handballs well. Repeat efforts in-close helped him tally his 25 disposals, including five clearances, but Riordan also contributed well in handball chains – using his pace to good effect.

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/tag/cody-hirst/

 

#17 Cody Hirst

The smart wingman ran hard all day, with most of his 31 disposals being won in the Eastern back half (six rebounds). The impressive midfielder possesses clean hands and skills, always finding a target by foot even when there seemingly is no option. On a day where most players opted to kick it long down the line or bomb it inside 50, Hirst’s clever ball use stood out. Covers the ground with ease and loves to take a bounce. Hirst had a huge last quarter and willed his team over the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#15 Angus Hanrahan

Starting on the wing, the top—ager showcased his signature class and polish but also his two-way running in another strong performance. Finishing with 27 disposals and nine marks, perhaps the most telling stats for Hanrahan was his four rebounds and six inside 50s, highlighting a willingness to work both ways for the Dragons. Kicked a show-stopping goal on his opposite foot from the boundary and would’ve had a day out had he taken two opportunities running into the goals in the second and last quarters. Was a class above in the first half and was the leading disposal winner at the main break but drifted out early in the 4th when the game was in the balance. Sound performance from the wingman and is building a strong case to be selected in the mid-season/end of season draft.

 

#5 Ryan Byrnes

The zippy midfielder continued his strong form, finishing with a team-high 28 disposals and five inside 50s. Byrnes trademark explosive burst out of the stoppage was on show all day, easily manoeuvring his way past his Eastern opponents and driving the ball long inside 50. Used the ball well when others let themselves down in this department and never stopped trying. Byrnes looks a well-rounded prospect, who covers the ground well and is adept at winning the ball from the inside of the contest and utilising his speed to run and carry the ball. Overall was outstanding for the Dragons and was just about their best player.

 

#13 Jay Rantall

Best player on the ground. Key in the Rebels moving the ball effectively out of the backline and midfield and one of the few players who wanted to take the game on and make the play instead of just kicking to a pack. His link up run and intelligent handballing were extremely impressive, and broke the game open. Good overhead, good below his knees, and hit most of his targets on the day. 10/10 game.

Australian basketballer Jay Rantall among Hampden footballers chasing TAC Cup spot in 2019

https://www.standard.net.au/story/5771191/aussie-basketballer-chasing-a-kick-of-the-sherrin-photos-video/

MULTI-TALENTED teenager Jay Rantall is throwing himself into TAC Cup pre-season with Greater Western Victoria Rebels.

The South Warrnambool footballer is vying for a spot as a top-age player in 2019 after spending most of this year dedicating himself to basketball.

Rantall, 17, represented Australia in basketball at the FIBA Under 17 World Cup in July, donning the green and gold jersey as a shooting guard.

South Warrnambool footballer Jay Rantall collects 37 disposals for NAB League side GWV Rebels

https://www.standard.net.au/story/6119214/rebels-rantall-racks-up-touches/

SOUTH Warrnambool footballer Jay Rantall remains one of the NAB League's in-form players.

The midfielder collected a game-high 37 disposals in the Greater Western Victoria Rebels' 14.10 (94) to 9.8 (62) loss to Northern Knights at Ballarat's Mars Stadium on Sunday.

Rantall, 17, had 13 kicks and 24 handballs.

The former Australian junior basketballer has averaged 25 possessions across his six games this season after choosing to focus on football.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 11:27 PM, DV8 said:

#18 Mitch Riordan

Over-ager Riordan has built a good case to be picked up in the mid-season draft after an interrupted top-age year, and was damaging from stoppages around the ground in this outing. Riordan’s run from congestion was great to watch, with an explosive first five steps allowing him to break forward quickly and dispose of the ball effectively in more space, while also flicking out handballs well. Repeat efforts in-close helped him tally his 25 disposals, including five clearances, but Riordan also contributed well in handball chains – using his pace to good effect.

How a mid-season draft fancy got out of 'a pretty dark spot'

"Riordan, an inside midfielder capable of bursting away from stoppages, started the 2018 season with one goal in mind: to be an AFL footballer by November. 

There was even optimistic talk inside the Stingrays camp that the now 19-year-old might end up being a first or second-round draft pick."

 

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-24/how-a-midseason-draft-fancy-riordan-got-out-of-a-pretty-dark-spot

"He is averaging 19.7 disposals – including amassing 48 possessions across his past two games – five inside 50s and 4.7 tackles in the NAB League in 2019. "

 

"Riordan's "fantastic" form,  in Flanigan's words, has helped renew AFL interest in him, with Adelaide and Sydney believed to be among his potential suitors. 

He was one of 25 NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft hopefuls to be medically assessed on Wednesday, as per request from multiple AFL clubs."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Riordan is a very good young player.  Now he’s fully fit he has shown he is definitely AFL quality.  But Hirst is more likely if we stay with a youngster.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we go for one of the U18 players Hirst seems a good pick. If not I wouldn’t mind a small forward. Pressure clever around goal and pace the key. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who else is going to want to draft a self confessed Nathan Jones/ Melbourne fan. These things are normally stated by the media because they know something about a future destination and done deals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know anything about Frank Anderson? There’s been a fair bit of talk about him on radio in the last few days.

Frank Anderson has gone from obscurity to intriguing prospect ahead of Monday's NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-25/from-suburban-footy-to-centrestage-ballwinners-blistering-rise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Surely under 18s arent eligible for the mid season draft?

You’re right, they’re not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 12:12 AM, DV8 said:

#15 Angus Hanrahan

Starting on the wing, the top—ager showcased his signature class and polish but also his two-way running in another strong performance. Finishing with 27 disposals and nine marks, perhaps the most telling stats for Hanrahan was his four rebounds and six inside 50s, highlighting a willingness to work both ways for the Dragons. Kicked a show-stopping goal on his opposite foot from the boundary and would’ve had a day out had he taken two opportunities running into the goals in the second and last quarters. Was a class above in the first half and was the leading disposal winner at the main break but drifted out early in the 4th when the game was in the balance. Sound performance from the wingman and is building a strong case to be selected in the mid-season/end of season draft.

 

#5 Ryan Byrnes

The zippy midfielder continued his strong form, finishing with a team-high 28 disposals and five inside 50s. Byrnes trademark explosive burst out of the stoppage was on show all day, easily manoeuvring his way past his Eastern opponents and driving the ball long inside 50. Used the ball well when others let themselves down in this department and never stopped trying. Byrnes looks a well-rounded prospect, who covers the ground well and is adept at winning the ball from the inside of the contest and utilising his speed to run and carry the ball. Overall was outstanding for the Dragons and was just about their best player.

 

#13 Jay Rantall

Best player on the ground. Key in the Rebels moving the ball effectively out of the backline and midfield and one of the few players who wanted to take the game on and make the play instead of just kicking to a pack. His link up run and intelligent handballing were extremely impressive, and broke the game open. Good overhead, good below his knees, and hit most of his targets on the day. 10/10 game.

Australian basketballer Jay Rantall among Hampden footballers chasing TAC Cup spot in 2019

https://www.standard.net.au/story/5771191/aussie-basketballer-chasing-a-kick-of-the-sherrin-photos-video/

MULTI-TALENTED teenager Jay Rantall is throwing himself into TAC Cup pre-season with Greater Western Victoria Rebels.

The South Warrnambool footballer is vying for a spot as a top-age player in 2019 after spending most of this year dedicating himself to basketball.

Rantall, 17, represented Australia in basketball at the FIBA Under 17 World Cup in July, donning the green and gold jersey as a shooting guard.

South Warrnambool footballer Jay Rantall collects 37 disposals for NAB League side GWV Rebels

https://www.standard.net.au/story/6119214/rebels-rantall-racks-up-touches/

SOUTH Warrnambool footballer Jay Rantall remains one of the NAB League's in-form players.

The midfielder collected a game-high 37 disposals in the Greater Western Victoria Rebels' 14.10 (94) to 9.8 (62) loss to Northern Knights at Ballarat's Mars Stadium on Sunday.

Rantall, 17, had 13 kicks and 24 handballs.

The former Australian junior basketballer has averaged 25 possessions across his six games this season after choosing to focus on football.

Correction seems as though he is focusing on handball!

We have enough of that already who overuse it and complicate a simple game plan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 58er said:

Correction seems as though he is focusing on handball!

We have enough of that already who overuse it and complicate a simple game plan!

Which player,  '58er'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    PANTSED BY THE PIES by George on the Outer

    A 41 point loss to Collingwood, combined with yet another meagre output from the Melbourne forwards, saw the Demons pantsed by the Collingwood in the Queens Birthday match. For the nth week in a row, Melbourne failed to produce a score that would trouble most sides - it’s inaccuracy alone was again enough to seal the outcome. If that final score of 7.15 were 15.7, the game would have been very different. That sort of output was exactly a repeat of the previous week against Adelaide, when fo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    TURNAROUND by KC from Casey

    It is truly amazing what a difference eight days can make in the life and times of a football club. It was a little over a week ago that the Casey Demons side were literally crushed into submission by the Werribee Tigers at Avalon Airport Oval. The losing margin in that game was not huge but the way they struggled to produce and cohesion in their play was obvious for all to see.  On Sunday at Casey Fields as part of heritage week, the team wore the Springvale FC jumper and made its own turn

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    TEN YEARS AFTER by Whispering Jack

    There are many who would argue that Melbourne’s current woes go back a full decade to their Queens Birthday engagement of 2009 when the Demons selected a young VCE student Jack Watts to make his debut on the MCG in front of what was expected to be the club’s biggest crowd for a game described as the club’s “grand final in June”. That was the way of the world for the Dean Bailey coached Demons. The critics were skeptical of Melbourne’s decision to put a wet behind the ears schoolboy (albeit

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    TOP END HEADING SOUTH by George on the Outer

    The Demons headed north for their annual game in Darwin, but the disappointing outcome could only mean they are heading south with the all too familiar failings happening again. A Sam Weideman mark and kick for goal with only 30 seconds remaining in the match could have won it for the Demons, but the kick slid sideways and the team went down by two points.  Sam may have been devastated, but the fact that the team could only kick 1 goal 8 behinds in the final quarter lays the blame at the fe

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    MAYDAY by KC from Casey

    There’s not very much that can be said of the lacklustre performance of the Casey Demons at Avalon Airfield Oval against the Werribee Tigers on Saturday other than that it was woeful. There were however, a few small rays of hope for Demon fans, the main one being the display of defender Steven May from injury and to a lesser extent, Kade Kolodjashnij’s return after two months recovering from the effects of concussion. May was in stellar form down back, taking intercept marks, disposing of t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    POINT OF NO RETURN by the Oracle

    Conventional wisdom says that a club reaches the point of no return in the AFL competition if it has won less than four matches at the mid point of the season.  What this means for Melbourne is that in order for it to remain in the race for a top-eight position, it must start winning games now. Moreover, It's not enough to win the next game but it must also start stringing wins together to make up for its deficit in both wins and percentage.  With so much at stake there will be no excu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A REAL DOWNER by KC from Casey

    When Sam Weideman kicked his third goal at the midpoint of the second quarter of Casey’s game at Downer Oval , Point Gellibrand on Sunday, he put his team 26 points ahead of the goalless Seagulls. Buoyed by the return from injury of Weideman and a number of other AFL-listed Melbourne players including Jordan Lewis, Mitch Hannan, and Jay Kennedy Harris and an impressive start to Jake Lever’s second game on return from his ACL surgery, the Demons were seemingly on top of the world. Lewis and

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    ANOTHER GIANT PROBLEM by George on the Outer

    On top of its injury problems Melbourne ran into an “in-form” GWS Giants at the MCG in a game which, apart from a final quarter junk-time spree served to highlight the club’s current problems. There’s a virtually non-existent forward line; a plethora of VFL standard players, who might be getting plenty of game experience but most will simply not be up to AFL standard; an inability to kick straight and an ability to waste simple opportunities so that they mustered up only one goal in the fir

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    GIANT HEADACHE by The Oracle

    It seems so long ago that Melbourne took an unchanged line up into a game on the MCG against the Greater Western Sydney Giants and cleaned them up to the tune of 45 points.  In truth, the event occurred literally half a season ago in the final home and away round of the 2018 season and marked the Demons’ return to the finals with more triumphs to come in the weeks ahead. Of course, back then, it was the Giants who were wracked with injuries as they stumbled into the finals series facing the

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    LANDSLIDE by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons enjoyed the better of their first half against Port Melbourne on Saturday but fell away badly after half time to lose by 43 points. The Borough enjoyed the early break with the game’s opening two goals but the Demons took control to go out to an 8 point lead at quarter time, an advantage that it held for most of the second term until a late goal to the visitors clawed the lead back to a point.  The Casey ruck of Braydon Preuss and Liam Wale-Buxton were on top for most

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles 1

    SHOULD HAVE ... COULD HAVE by George on the Outer

    West Coast finally put the nail in the Demons 2019 season coffin with a 16 point win, but it was a game that Melbourne should have, could have, but didn’t win. Once again woeful, truly woeful work in the forward line, both kicking for goal and the lazy, cheap efforts of some let the side down. A solitary goal in the final quarter and only 9 goals from 24+ scoring opportunities was the costly difference in the game. The selectors, once again, made a critical error in not selecting

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SCREAM by Whispering Jack

    The Norwegian Expressionist artist Edvard Munch painted a number of versions of his famous work “Scream” and, every time my mind goes back to last year’s Preliminary Final at Optus Stadium between Melbourne and the West Coast Eagles, each and every one of them reverberates through my mind as if my head is being pummeled by a sledgehammer.  When I think of that half time scoreboard from that match showing West Coast at 10.9.69 to Melbourne 0.6.6, I feel like the man standing by the railing,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

×
×
  • Create New...