Jump to content

Demon JM

The 2019 Mid Season Draft

Recommended Posts

Would like to see us pick White for Casey based on his form and the fact he was on the Dees list years ago.

 

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the retirement of Shaun Grigg and Tom Boyd raises a new recruiting channel, effectively an extra pick.

If a player retires at EOS a club gets no additional picks to replace him.  But if a play retires before mid season the club gets a new, effectively an extra pick; a pick that can be used on a recent non-drafted player a club had their eyes on who has improved.

A good case to hold over retirements until the following year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new name to put in the mix: Cody Hirst in Demon's sights

"Returning to the Ranges as a 19-year-old has been hugely beneficial for the ex-Lilydale junior, who supports the Demons and lists Nathan Jones as his favourite player.

Champion Data rates Hirst elite for uncontested possessions and above average for ranking points, disposals, contested possessions, goals, score assists and tackles in 2019.

He’s been used on a wing this season, where the clever 180cm prospect has been his team’s most influential player on at least two occasions already and among the best in three other matches.

But insiders say he’s far more likely to be drafted as an agile forward-flanker rather than an out-and-out midfielder. 

He’s got a lot of tricks, he’s a very smart player, he’s been able to build a bit of a tank to be able to play up the ground,” Eastern coach Darren Bewick told the Herald Sun recently.

“He’s just very smart with his footy knowledge and his ability to use the ball by foot.”

Not sure we need another contested type but I like that he is a demon supporter, has good footy IQ, has above average or elite rating this season, plays on the wing and has ability to use the ball by foot.

On paper he sound better than the other prospects we have been linked to.

The four clubs interested are:  Sydney, Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

With the retirement of Shaun Grigg and Tom Boyd raises a new recruiting channel, effectively an extra pick.

If a player retires at EOS a club gets no additional picks to replace him.  But if a play retires before mid season the club gets a new, effectively an extra pick; a pick that can be used on a recent non-drafted player a club had their eyes on who has improved.

A good case to hold over retirements until the following year.

I kinda get what you are saying but don't think any clubs would do this in practice. If you dont retire them early you're effectively a list spot down with a player who you dont think will contribute much to the team in the next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 3:43 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

A new name to put in the mix: Cody Hirst in Demon's sights

"Returning to the Ranges as a 19-year-old has been hugely beneficial for the ex-Lilydale junior, who supports the Demons and lists Nathan Jones as his favourite player.

Champion Data rates Hirst elite for uncontested possessions and above average for ranking points, disposals, contested possessions, goals, score assists and tackles in 2019.

He’s been used on a wing this season, where the clever 180cm prospect has been his team’s most influential player on at least two occasions already and among the best in three other matches.

But insiders say he’s far more likely to be drafted as an agile forward-flanker rather than an out-and-out midfielder. 

He’s got a lot of tricks, he’s a very smart player, he’s been able to build a bit of a tank to be able to play up the ground,” Eastern coach Darren Bewick told the Herald Sun recently.

“He’s just very smart with his footy knowledge and his ability to use the ball by foot.”

Not sure we need another contested type but I like that he is a demon supporter, has good footy IQ, has above average or elite rating this season, plays on the wing and has ability to use the ball by foot.

On paper he sound better than the other prospects we have been linked to.

The four clubs interested are:  Sydney, Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton. 

Crossing my fingers that Hirst is available at our selection.

Not so much for the romance of a supporter playing for our club, but much moreso for the fact his agility is his strength and I see him as a similar type to Hannan, whose absence has been heavily understated in regards to its impact on our performance.

Sadly i think he’ll be gone by the time our pick comes around.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grabbing a teenager with upside might pay dividends down the track.

Hirst looks a good selection if he is on the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adzman said:

Grabbing a teenager with upside might pay dividends down the track.

Hirst looks a good selection if he is on the board.

 

Definitely won’t be filling gaps for a tilt at the flag, that’s for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 3:43 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

A new name to put in the mix: Cody Hirst in Demon's sights

"Returning to the Ranges as a 19-year-old has been hugely beneficial for the ex-Lilydale junior, who supports the Demons and lists Nathan Jones as his favourite player.

Champion Data rates Hirst elite for uncontested possessions and above average for ranking points, disposals, contested possessions, goals, score assists and tackles in 2019.

He’s been used on a wing this season, where the clever 180cm prospect has been his team’s most influential player on at least two occasions already and among the best in three other matches.

But insiders say he’s far more likely to be drafted as an agile forward-flanker rather than an out-and-out midfielder. 

He’s got a lot of tricks, he’s a very smart player, he’s been able to build a bit of a tank to be able to play up the ground,” Eastern coach Darren Bewick told the Herald Sun recently.

“He’s just very smart with his footy knowledge and his ability to use the ball by foot.”

Not sure we need another contested type but I like that he is a demon supporter, has good footy IQ, has above average or elite rating this season, plays on the wing and has ability to use the ball by foot.

On paper he sound better than the other prospects we have been linked to.

The four clubs interested are:  Sydney, Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton. 

Sounds potentially like a Jaiden Stephenson type? I’m all for taking him if so!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Mach5 said:

Crossing my fingers that Hirst is available at our selection.

Not so much for the romance of a supporter playing for our club, but much moreso for the fact his agility is his strength and I see him as a similar type to Hannan, whose absence has been heavily understated in regards to its impact on our performance.

Sadly i think he’ll be gone by the time our pick comes around.

It looks like Carlton, North, Gold Coast and maybe Sydney will be below us for the draft.  From what I can tell so far interest is:

  • Sam Lowson:  North, Carlton, Sydney and Melbourne
  • Kyle Dunkley:  Sydney, Carlton, Gold Coast and Richmond
  • Cody Hirst:  Sydney, Carlton, Melbourne and Richmond.

Would love to beat GWS next week than have an earlier pick in this draft.  But if we lose we will be below Sydney  and wouldn't mind a % age below GCS's but just for this week!

Optimistically, given how badly Carlton were smashed in the middle yesterday they could do with Dunkley.  North can then take Lowson and hopefully GCS have their eyes on someone else and Hirst slips thru to us.  😉 

Pessimistically, he is gone before our pick🙁

This draft will be more interesting than I had thought to see if 'we get our man'!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 3:43 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

A new name to put in the mix: Cody Hirst in Demon's sights

"Returning to the Ranges as a 19-year-old has been hugely beneficial for the ex-Lilydale junior, who supports the Demons and lists Nathan Jones as his favourite player.

Champion Data rates Hirst elite for uncontested possessions and above average for ranking points, disposals, contested possessions, goals, score assists and tackles in 2019.

He’s been used on a wing this season, where the clever 180cm prospect has been his team’s most influential player on at least two occasions already and among the best in three other matches.

But insiders say he’s far more likely to be drafted as an agile forward-flanker rather than an out-and-out midfielder. 

He’s got a lot of tricks, he’s a very smart player, he’s been able to build a bit of a tank to be able to play up the ground,” Eastern coach Darren Bewick told the Herald Sun recently.

“He’s just very smart with his footy knowledge and his ability to use the ball by foot.”

Not sure we need another contested type but I like that he is a demon supporter, has good footy IQ, has above average or elite rating this season, plays on the wing and has ability to use the ball by foot.

On paper he sound better than the other prospects we have been linked to.

The four clubs interested are:  Sydney, Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton. 

Competitive, skilled by foot and comfortable on the wing? I'd take him in a heartbeat. We've seen what happens when we try to put players like Jones or Brayshaw and before them Tyson on the wing. The wing is the place inside ball winners go to die. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry if this has been asked but what is the minimum contract period that you must offer to these draftees.

If another position were to become available on the list prior to the draft can you select two players

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

sorry if this has been asked but what is the minimum contract period that you must offer to these draftees.

If another position were to become available on the list prior to the draft can you select two players

thanks

Quote below is the best I could find.

Midseason Draft

Players selected in the Mid-Season Rookie Draft will be able to negotiate terms of a new contract beyond 2019, just like any other listed player.

Meantime, it is also believed that any player selected in the Mid-Season Rookie Draft that is not retained by their club, or selected by any other club at the end of 2019, will receive a financial sum of around $20,000.

Re yr second question:  Yes, a club can select as many players as it has list vacancies.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Quote below is the best I could find.

Midseason Draft

Players selected in the Mid-Season Rookie Draft will be able to negotiate terms of a new contract beyond 2019, just like any other listed player.

Meantime, it is also believed that any player selected in the Mid-Season Rookie Draft that is not retained by their club, or selected by any other club at the end of 2019, will receive a financial sum of around $20,000.

Re yr second question:  Yes, a club can select as many players as it has list vacancies.

thanks LH.. the six month minimum is interesting. If a team behind us in the draft offers the same potential draftee say a one year deal when we offer a six month deal I wonder if the draftee has a choice of club.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cody Hirst or Mitch Riordan.  Both were top 30 draft prospects from 2018 but had a year wrecked by injury and missed out.  Probably they’ll spend the rest of the year at Casey in development.  Hirst is preferred.  

Corey Gault remains an option as a strong tall forward given Weideman seems to have stalled and Tim Smith yet to put up his hand.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Cody Hirst or Mitch Riordan.  Both were top 30 draft prospects from 2018 but had a year wrecked by injury and missed out.  Probably they’ll spend the rest of the year at Casey in development.  Hirst is preferred.  

Corey Gault remains an option as a strong tall forward given Weideman seems to have stalled and Tim Smith yet to put up his hand.  

#18 Mitch Riordan

Over-ager Riordan has built a good case to be picked up in the mid-season draft after an interrupted top-age year, and was damaging from stoppages around the ground in this outing. Riordan’s run from congestion was great to watch, with an explosive first five steps allowing him to break forward quickly and dispose of the ball effectively in more space, while also flicking out handballs well. Repeat efforts in-close helped him tally his 25 disposals, including five clearances, but Riordan also contributed well in handball chains – using his pace to good effect.

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/tag/cody-hirst/

 

#17 Cody Hirst

The smart wingman ran hard all day, with most of his 31 disposals being won in the Eastern back half (six rebounds). The impressive midfielder possesses clean hands and skills, always finding a target by foot even when there seemingly is no option. On a day where most players opted to kick it long down the line or bomb it inside 50, Hirst’s clever ball use stood out. Covers the ground with ease and loves to take a bounce. Hirst had a huge last quarter and willed his team over the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#15 Angus Hanrahan

Starting on the wing, the top—ager showcased his signature class and polish but also his two-way running in another strong performance. Finishing with 27 disposals and nine marks, perhaps the most telling stats for Hanrahan was his four rebounds and six inside 50s, highlighting a willingness to work both ways for the Dragons. Kicked a show-stopping goal on his opposite foot from the boundary and would’ve had a day out had he taken two opportunities running into the goals in the second and last quarters. Was a class above in the first half and was the leading disposal winner at the main break but drifted out early in the 4th when the game was in the balance. Sound performance from the wingman and is building a strong case to be selected in the mid-season/end of season draft.

 

#5 Ryan Byrnes

The zippy midfielder continued his strong form, finishing with a team-high 28 disposals and five inside 50s. Byrnes trademark explosive burst out of the stoppage was on show all day, easily manoeuvring his way past his Eastern opponents and driving the ball long inside 50. Used the ball well when others let themselves down in this department and never stopped trying. Byrnes looks a well-rounded prospect, who covers the ground well and is adept at winning the ball from the inside of the contest and utilising his speed to run and carry the ball. Overall was outstanding for the Dragons and was just about their best player.

 

#13 Jay Rantall

Best player on the ground. Key in the Rebels moving the ball effectively out of the backline and midfield and one of the few players who wanted to take the game on and make the play instead of just kicking to a pack. His link up run and intelligent handballing were extremely impressive, and broke the game open. Good overhead, good below his knees, and hit most of his targets on the day. 10/10 game.

Australian basketballer Jay Rantall among Hampden footballers chasing TAC Cup spot in 2019

https://www.standard.net.au/story/5771191/aussie-basketballer-chasing-a-kick-of-the-sherrin-photos-video/

MULTI-TALENTED teenager Jay Rantall is throwing himself into TAC Cup pre-season with Greater Western Victoria Rebels.

The South Warrnambool footballer is vying for a spot as a top-age player in 2019 after spending most of this year dedicating himself to basketball.

Rantall, 17, represented Australia in basketball at the FIBA Under 17 World Cup in July, donning the green and gold jersey as a shooting guard.

South Warrnambool footballer Jay Rantall collects 37 disposals for NAB League side GWV Rebels

https://www.standard.net.au/story/6119214/rebels-rantall-racks-up-touches/

SOUTH Warrnambool footballer Jay Rantall remains one of the NAB League's in-form players.

The midfielder collected a game-high 37 disposals in the Greater Western Victoria Rebels' 14.10 (94) to 9.8 (62) loss to Northern Knights at Ballarat's Mars Stadium on Sunday.

Rantall, 17, had 13 kicks and 24 handballs.

The former Australian junior basketballer has averaged 25 possessions across his six games this season after choosing to focus on football.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 11:27 PM, DV8 said:

#18 Mitch Riordan

Over-ager Riordan has built a good case to be picked up in the mid-season draft after an interrupted top-age year, and was damaging from stoppages around the ground in this outing. Riordan’s run from congestion was great to watch, with an explosive first five steps allowing him to break forward quickly and dispose of the ball effectively in more space, while also flicking out handballs well. Repeat efforts in-close helped him tally his 25 disposals, including five clearances, but Riordan also contributed well in handball chains – using his pace to good effect.

How a mid-season draft fancy got out of 'a pretty dark spot'

"Riordan, an inside midfielder capable of bursting away from stoppages, started the 2018 season with one goal in mind: to be an AFL footballer by November. 

There was even optimistic talk inside the Stingrays camp that the now 19-year-old might end up being a first or second-round draft pick."

 

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-24/how-a-midseason-draft-fancy-riordan-got-out-of-a-pretty-dark-spot

"He is averaging 19.7 disposals – including amassing 48 possessions across his past two games – five inside 50s and 4.7 tackles in the NAB League in 2019. "

 

"Riordan's "fantastic" form,  in Flanigan's words, has helped renew AFL interest in him, with Adelaide and Sydney believed to be among his potential suitors. 

He was one of 25 NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft hopefuls to be medically assessed on Wednesday, as per request from multiple AFL clubs."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Riordan is a very good young player.  Now he’s fully fit he has shown he is definitely AFL quality.  But Hirst is more likely if we stay with a youngster.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we go for one of the U18 players Hirst seems a good pick. If not I wouldn’t mind a small forward. Pressure clever around goal and pace the key. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who else is going to want to draft a self confessed Nathan Jones/ Melbourne fan. These things are normally stated by the media because they know something about a future destination and done deals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know anything about Frank Anderson? There’s been a fair bit of talk about him on radio in the last few days.

Frank Anderson has gone from obscurity to intriguing prospect ahead of Monday's NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-25/from-suburban-footy-to-centrestage-ballwinners-blistering-rise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely under 18s arent eligible for the mid season draft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Surely under 18s arent eligible for the mid season draft?

You’re right, they’re not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 12:12 AM, DV8 said:

#15 Angus Hanrahan

Starting on the wing, the top—ager showcased his signature class and polish but also his two-way running in another strong performance. Finishing with 27 disposals and nine marks, perhaps the most telling stats for Hanrahan was his four rebounds and six inside 50s, highlighting a willingness to work both ways for the Dragons. Kicked a show-stopping goal on his opposite foot from the boundary and would’ve had a day out had he taken two opportunities running into the goals in the second and last quarters. Was a class above in the first half and was the leading disposal winner at the main break but drifted out early in the 4th when the game was in the balance. Sound performance from the wingman and is building a strong case to be selected in the mid-season/end of season draft.

 

#5 Ryan Byrnes

The zippy midfielder continued his strong form, finishing with a team-high 28 disposals and five inside 50s. Byrnes trademark explosive burst out of the stoppage was on show all day, easily manoeuvring his way past his Eastern opponents and driving the ball long inside 50. Used the ball well when others let themselves down in this department and never stopped trying. Byrnes looks a well-rounded prospect, who covers the ground well and is adept at winning the ball from the inside of the contest and utilising his speed to run and carry the ball. Overall was outstanding for the Dragons and was just about their best player.

 

#13 Jay Rantall

Best player on the ground. Key in the Rebels moving the ball effectively out of the backline and midfield and one of the few players who wanted to take the game on and make the play instead of just kicking to a pack. His link up run and intelligent handballing were extremely impressive, and broke the game open. Good overhead, good below his knees, and hit most of his targets on the day. 10/10 game.

Australian basketballer Jay Rantall among Hampden footballers chasing TAC Cup spot in 2019

https://www.standard.net.au/story/5771191/aussie-basketballer-chasing-a-kick-of-the-sherrin-photos-video/

MULTI-TALENTED teenager Jay Rantall is throwing himself into TAC Cup pre-season with Greater Western Victoria Rebels.

The South Warrnambool footballer is vying for a spot as a top-age player in 2019 after spending most of this year dedicating himself to basketball.

Rantall, 17, represented Australia in basketball at the FIBA Under 17 World Cup in July, donning the green and gold jersey as a shooting guard.

South Warrnambool footballer Jay Rantall collects 37 disposals for NAB League side GWV Rebels

https://www.standard.net.au/story/6119214/rebels-rantall-racks-up-touches/

SOUTH Warrnambool footballer Jay Rantall remains one of the NAB League's in-form players.

The midfielder collected a game-high 37 disposals in the Greater Western Victoria Rebels' 14.10 (94) to 9.8 (62) loss to Northern Knights at Ballarat's Mars Stadium on Sunday.

Rantall, 17, had 13 kicks and 24 handballs.

The former Australian junior basketballer has averaged 25 possessions across his six games this season after choosing to focus on football.

Correction seems as though he is focusing on handball!

We have enough of that already who overuse it and complicate a simple game plan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 58er said:

Correction seems as though he is focusing on handball!

We have enough of that already who overuse it and complicate a simple game plan!

Which player,  '58er'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    TRECIMATED by George on the Outer

    A little more than two months have passed since Melbourne met and came close to beating the reigning premier West Coast in the preliminary final replay over in the West. At the time, the Demons had three wins on the board and now, nine rounds later and going into this week’s match, they have managed to add a paltry two more wins to the ledger.  The Eagles, in contrast, have moved to within percentage of second spot on the ladder despite their loss at home this week against Collingwood. Whil

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    SAME STORY, DIFFERENT SONG by George on the Outer

    Melbourne was still suffering from the same old story - a lack of AFL capable players from which to choose at the selection table - and the Western Bulldogs got to sing their song again. But wait, that wasn’t the Doggie’s song we’ve been hearing for the last 30 years, it was some other concoction and no-one knew the words to it but whatever it was, they got to mumble it with gusto after a huge 8 point win! The sad thing is that the Bulldogs (or Footscray or whatever they choose to call

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    DOGGED by KC from Casey

    On Sunday, the Casey Demons met the Footscray VFL under the roof at the same venue where their nemesis took them down in the 2017 grand final and the result left them with the same feeling of disappointment - this time with a seven point defeat that ended the club’s four game winning streak and made things a lot harder in terms of playing in this year’s final series.   And, as has so often happened this year, the Demons let the game get away from them with but failing to take advantage of th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    BARKING MAD by The Oracle

    There was so much hype proliferating about Melbourne’s prospects for season 2019 a mere four months ago, that one could be forgiven for thinking anyone contemplating the prospect of a bottom four finish for the Demons at the time was barking mad. That however, is the prospect that they face at the moment and a loss to the Bulldogs on Sunday would make it a virtual certainty.  The club’s downward spiral after several years of moving steadily on an upward trajectory has been well documented i

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE MELBOURNE WAY by George on the Outer

    Much has been made by the coaching staff of playing a “Melbourne way” style of play. The nail-biting finish by the Demons in the dying minute of the game could not have been any more the case in point.   Leading by a game-high 38 points late in the third quarter, and by five goals at the final change, this should have been the catalyst for a romp home to an easy win.   But that is not the “Melbourne way” and the supporters, especially those with a severe case of MFCSS (aka intense inse

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    PINK AND BLUE CAN’T KICK TRUE by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons took on the Northern Blues at home on Saturday  in a game that was crucial in terms of their hopes for September and they took away the valuable four points on offer after some worrying moments. Most of those worries were self-inflicted as a result of some shocking inaccuracy in front of goal, sloppiness in play and a little bit of indiscipline that all combined to make the game a lot closer than it should have been. The final scoreboard showed the Demons winning the P

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    GO FIGURE by Sam the Stats Man

    In May last year, a rampant Melbourne side demolished Carlton by 109 points at the MCG. The Demons did as they pleased and ran rings against a young, abysmal Blues combination. The Dees led in virtually every key performance indicator, notably entering the inside 50 metre mark 63 times to 33 and the superiority of their attack was highlighted by a 74% shooting accuracy rate (to 47%).  A little more than a year later the two sides face each other for the first time since that rout and the ta

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 1

    GORN AT THE GABBA by George on The Outer

    With Melbourne leading the Brisbane Lions in the second term, and the game in the balance, a Max Gawn ankle injury signalled that the Demons were as good as gorrnnn for the match. Without a suitable 2nd ruck and (once again) forced to use either Tom McDonald, Tim Smith or Sam Weidemann in the ruck the Demons found themselves without a forward line that could kick a winning score. Not that anything really changed, as the forward line has been completely dysfunctional all season and one

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    GAMBIT by KC from Casey

    The opening gambit of Saturday afternoon’s game told us everything about who would be its main players and who would come out on top. The Casey Demons were eager to turn the tables on the Box Hill Hawks who beat them in last year’s grand final and then gave them a first up mauling at City Oval, Box Hill. Kicking with the aid of a strong breeze in the opening term, Braydon Preuss’ first hit out went straight to the diminutive Jay Kennedy Harris who pounced with a 70 metre shot at goal that sailed

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    MURDER BY NUMBERS by Sam the Stats Man

    The respective ladder positions of this week’s combatants tell the story of one side on the rise and the other in steep decline. Since their most recent meeting which took place early last year, the Dees and the Lions have changed positions. They are opposed to each again on the former’s home turf with the locals in fine fettle after blowing St Kilda off the park at Marvel Stadium.  The Lions’ home ground advantage has been a major consideration so far this year. They have won five out of s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MUD HEAP by KC from Casey

    In the opening round of the 2018 VFL season, the Casey Demons enjoyed an emphatic 107 point victory over Coburg at Piranha Park. The team was loaded with Melbourne listed players (half a dozen of them were in the team that beat Fremantle on Saturday) and the side was in its way to a grand final appearance. A season and a half later, the club returned to the same venue in the hope of kick starting a season that had gone somewhat awry under new coach Sam Radford and while they tasted victory (as y

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PRETENDERS SENT PACKING by George on the Outer

    Fremantle, the Perth pretenders at sixth on the premiership table should have easily accounted for the Demons, sitting barely a game off the bottom of the ladder.   And for the majority of the game, it certainly looked that would be the case, until the final quarter, when the Demons stopped giving the Dockers easy chances, or making plain, dumb decisions. Not that their situation was helped by some simply appalling umpiring during the match, that kept gifting Fremantle easy scores.  Th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

×
×
  • Create New...