Jump to content

  • Podcast: Draft Wrap Up w/Jason Taylor  

ding

Jack Martin

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Because he's not coming, it's quite simple really. 

People need to actually start accepting that he's never coming to us. He's hellbent on Carlton and that's it.

Off to hell it is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Because he's not coming, it's quite simple really. 

People need to actually start accepting that he's never coming to us. He's hellbent on Carlton and that's it.

I don't know why his preference is relevant 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, adonski said:

I don't know why his preference is relevant 

it shouldnt be, but that's not how the afl sytem works.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adonski said:

I don't know why his preference is relevant 

Well it is relevant its the new age of player power. When they saw they want to get to a certain club then they will get there. Rarely do they EVER have a change in mind. In fact last I can think of is Mitch Clark putting out a statement requesting a trade to Freo only to back flip and sign at the Dees for bigger 💰💰

He'll be at 2 clubs next year and it will be either Carlton or the Suns.

It's time to really knock this on the head and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Well it is relevant its the new age of player power. When they saw they want to get to a certain club then they will get there. Rarely do they EVER have a change in mind. In fact last I can think of is Mitch Clark putting out a statement requesting a trade to Freo only to back flip and sign at the Dees for bigger 💰💰

He'll be at 2 clubs next year and it will be either Carlton or the Suns.

It's time to really knock this on the head and move on.

He doesn’t have to have a change of mind though, we can just take him prior to Carlton can’t we. Assuming it wouldn’t completely stuff up the salary cap for one year, I’d take him and sit him out if he didn’t want to play then trade him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack Martin is taller than more than half of our list. Go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, adonski said:

He doesn’t have to have a change of mind though, we can just take him prior to Carlton can’t we. Assuming it wouldn’t completely stuff up the salary cap for one year, I’d take him and sit him out if he didn’t want to play then trade him 

Why on earth would you do that? Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He actually plays as a small, tall forward, not a tall, small forward.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

Stay away from this kid he is overrated and far to expensive, Bennell will be the steal of the century.

Could not agree more. No way we want Martin with his price tag and really just a player for that price. Whereas Bennell at peanuts and get him fit will be a huge bonus for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Docs Demons said:

Could not agree more. No way we want Martin with his price tag and really just a player for that price. Whereas Bennell at peanuts and get him fit will be a huge bonus for us.

Why worry about the price tag?

We have a min cap that has to be paid. If there's space, I'm all for it. The cap can be reshuffled in 12 mths tome to accommodate new contracts with others. I don't know why posters are concerned with contract amounts when we have no real idea of our position.

Having said that, I still think he's off to the Blues.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moonshadow said:

Why worry about the price tag?

We have a min cap that has to be paid. If there's space, I'm all for it. The cap can be reshuffled in 12 mths tome to accommodate new contracts with others. I don't know why posters are concerned with contract amounts when we have no real idea of our position.

Having said that, I still think he's off to the Blues.

The problem is not spending the cap, it is telling our players we can only pay them so much, because of the cap and then offering a large amount to a player from another club.

That breeds mistrust and disharmony.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

The problem is not spending the cap, it is telling our players we can only pay them so much, because of the cap and then offering a large amount to a player from another club.

That breeds mistrust and disharmony.

Or then there's the Richmond model where players openly say it doesnt concern them what others are paid as long as there is success. I heard Jack Revoldt say that very comment about Lynch coming to the tigers. 

I highly doubt the club would openly use the SC as an excuse for not signing an existing player. That's just flat out poor contract dealing (I'm looking at you Adelaide!).

If Martin was to turn around and agree to come to us, which is very unlikely, the FD should absolutely do what they can to fit him in, short of a breach of SC. All clubs would have a Plan B for such events. 

Players sook about what others are paid in clubs with poor culture and poor communication. If that is us, then we get what we deserve. I don't think it is though, or I bloody well hope not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moonshadow said:

Or then there's the Richmond model where players openly say it doesnt concern them what others are paid as long as there is success. I heard Jack Revoldt say that very comment about Lynch coming to the tigers. 

I highly doubt the club would openly use the SC as an excuse for not signing an existing player. That's just flat out poor contract dealing (I'm looking at you Adelaide!).

If Martin was to turn around and agree to come to us, which is very unlikely, the FD should absolutely do what they can to fit him in, short of a breach of SC. All clubs would have a Plan B for such events. 

Players sook about what others are paid in clubs with poor culture and poor communication. If that is us, then we get what we deserve. I don't think it is though, or I bloody well hope not.

And Hawthorn and Geelong before them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Or then there's the Richmond model where players openly say it doesnt concern them what others are paid as long as there is success. I heard Jack Revoldt say that very comment about Lynch coming to the tigers. 

I highly doubt the club would openly use the SC as an excuse for not signing an existing player. That's just flat out poor contract dealing (I'm looking at you Adelaide!).

If Martin was to turn around and agree to come to us, which is very unlikely, the FD should absolutely do what they can to fit him in, short of a breach of SC. All clubs would have a Plan B for such events. 

Players sook about what others are paid in clubs with poor culture and poor communication. If that is us, then we get what we deserve. I don't think it is though, or I bloody well hope not.

I fear this bird ( Martin ) has already flown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redleg said:

I fear this bird ( Martin ) has already flown.

Yes, I agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Redleg said:

I fear this bird ( Martin ) has already flown.

Not surprising if he is a martin. I hope our sparrow won't do the same.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Why worry about the price tag?

We have a min cap that has to be paid. If there's space, I'm all for it. The cap can be reshuffled in 12 mths tome to accommodate new contracts with others. I don't know why posters are concerned with contract amounts when we have no real idea of our position.

Having said that, I still think he's off to the Blues.

Why worry about the price tag, U don't pay the price of a Ferrari to get a Holden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Redleg said:

I fear this bird ( Martin ) has already flown.

I don’t think it was ever in the cage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, don't make me angry said:

Why worry about the price tag, U don't pay the price of a Ferrari to get a Holden.

You are making me tyred just reading your posts

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on guys, these puns are just Plane Fowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    BACK IN STYLE by Whispering Jack

    From the moment when the Elton John character in the movie “Rocketman” burst into its opening scene dressed as a flamboyant demon on his way to an addiction rehabilitation session, the game was on. Here was yet another film about a person gifted with a meteoric rise to stardom finding coke, booze and a hedonistic lifestyle that led directly to a destructive crash into the abyss. Ultimately, these stories end in total disaster (“A Star is Born”, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “Judy”) but this one resulted

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2019

    PART ONE - OVERTURE  I have a disclaimer at the outset. I’m not a fan of the races - be they horses or motors of any kind. Once the final siren sounds on the football season, I find the month or so that follows and corresponds roughly with the Spring Racing Carnival to be the most boring time of the year for sports fans. You turn on the radio and you’re confronted by the monotonous drone of a self-proclaimed racing expert or by the nasally twang of an ex-jockey banging on about the equine p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 8

    CHANGES 2019 by The Oracle

    PART 1 - IT’S A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THIS TIME This year’s free agency, trade and draft period will see the usual drama and upheaval as the AFL’s 18 clubs seek to better their lists in order to challenge for finals and possibly premiership honours. Long before the final siren sounded on the season just over a week ago, the maneuvering was under way with player agents and clubs discussing possible player movements and in some cases, deals had already been done.  Yesterday, the r

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 2

    HOW FAR SOUTH? by George on the Outer

    It was appropriate that Melbourne was playing its last game of season 2019 in Hobart.  After all, how much further south could the team go? And much as it has done in many of the previous 22 games, the side managed to extract a loss from a winning position by simply giving the ball back to the opposition time and time again. In fact, they gave it back to the opposition to the tune of 53 points from turnovers while, by way of contrast North Melbourne contributed  only 17 points to their oppo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    COOKED by The Oracle

    I can vividly remember when the Demons ventured onto Blundstone Arena for the first time in early 2016 only to lose to the Kangaroos by 20.11.131 to 21.10.136.    Melbourne was then a team on the up and up: young, enthusiastic and bold. It gave up a huge quarter time deficit after kicking against a strong wind but made that up by half time and fell dramatically short after an exciting high scoring affair.  The team lost no fans that day - they were willing to take the game on and attac

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    HELP by KC rom Casey

    The Casey Demons finished off their home and away season against Frankston at Skybus Stadium on Sunday with a narrow, unconvincing 6-point victory that left the door slightly open for a top eight berth when the VFL finals begin in a fortnight’s time. While sunny skies prevailed over Frankston in the morning, the skies became overcast by noon and heavy waves pounded the bay nearby as the rains came in to greet the players as the game started. And conditions stayed dark and dreary for the rem

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS by George on the Outer

    Thanks, but no thanks! In a round where the club was supposed to thank their fans for the support during the year, the Melbourne Football Club chose to do otherwise with a 53 point loss to a team that sat 15th on the ladder.  Don’t give us cheap jumpers that can’t be sold in the Demon shop.  Don’t give us vouchers to shop there, give us something on the field, which is why we come to the football in the first place. It was a disgraceful performance, which started with a disgracefu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SLEEP OUT AT THE MCG by The Oracle

    Around about 12 months ago Melbourne and Sydney fought out an epic battle between two top eight teams fighting for the best possible ladder position in the lead up to the finals. The Swans triumphed by 9 points at the MCG after the Demons came back from five goals down at three quarter time. But for its poor kicking for goal, Melbourne might well have won the game and finished in the top four. Who knows what might then have happened for the club in September? As a consequence, the person re

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by KC from Casey

    Two clubs that have been hard hit by injury recently took part in a dour battle under dark clouds and, with intermittent showers falling, it wasn’t a pretty game at Victoria Park on Sunday. Despite all that, the Casey Demons added a little ray of sunshine to their day to get the job done over a "traditional" rival with a 15 point victory over Collingwood VFL that breathed life back into their season. There were a few highlights at the ground that in past days has seen many titanic batt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE RETRO ROUND by George on the Outer

    We have seen it all before… Yes, a wonderful idea to showcase what used to be in football.  Big crowds, umpires who knew how to apply the rules and not opinions, high marks, skilful players. But for the Melbourne supporters their retro is what it has been like for the past 10 years. Losing games, end on end, year after year.  Opportunities squandered in front of goal. VFL standard players running around at the MCG. Just more of the same, and the game against Collingwood was no ex

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Thanks to Demonlanders for their input into this week’s preview. Ralphius Maximus is short and bittersweet: We'll crack in at the bounce to create a contest, win our share of the ball, butcher the forward movement and get scored on easily from the intercepts. Not that hard to predict. Big Demon says: Unfortunately Collingwood will win because they have a lot more to play for. We will be good in parts but really the season is well over so we will have to put up with those bell

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHAT, NO BLOOD? by George on the Outer

    The feeling when turning up to the MCG on a Saturday night to play a top four side in Richmond, while the Melbourne sits cemented in close proximity to the bottom of the table is like attending the Colosseum in Ancient Roman times. The expectation is that a bloodbath is about to occur. There are 100,000 Richmond members and 50,000 Melbourne members, and despite the fact that it turned out to be a wet night after half-time, a crowd of only 37K bothered to turn up. That should never have happ

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

×
×
  • Create New...