• Podcast: Draft Wrap Up w/Jason Taylor  

Demonland

Target 70,000

20 minutes ago, Uncle Fester said:

I'm on auto renew, so I don't really watch that stuff. I've never understood how people only want to jump on when a team is flying. Doesn't it feel better to watch them get to that point? Thick and thin. I really don't get it. I hope the club enjoys the cash the bandwagoners bring, but I'm not sure what else people like that add to the club, and I'm damn sure I don't like them dancing around after 15 minutes of support as if they just kicked 5 goals in the last q to win the game.

I'm also on auto renew for myself and my niece.  I think of those Redleg memberships as donations.  Many would think the likes of you and I are fools easily parted with our money!

Not fond of the 'bandwagoners' but they help with cash, sponsors, fixturing and FTA broadcasting.  It was great to see them come out in force for the two 2018 finals at the G.  Hopefully, the 'bandwagoners' will convert to members when we are regularly in finals, especially once they realise that without a membership it is difficult to get tickets to finals.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dee Watcher said:

Pert came in making a number of big promises....only waiting on him to actually achieve or get near those promises

I'm not sure you can fault him on whats happened last season and certainly have to give him and Mahns props for what has occurred since the end of the season. Chasing 70k members is impossible if the club can't win games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uncle Fester said:

I'm on auto renew, so I don't really watch that stuff. I've never understood how people only want to jump on when a team is flying. Doesn't it feel better to watch them get to that point? Thick and thin. I really don't get it. I hope the club enjoys the cash the bandwagoners bring, but I'm not sure what else people like that add to the club, and I'm damn sure I don't like them dancing around after 15 minutes of support as if they just kicked 5 goals in the last q to win the game.

I am with you there UF, I think the term " fair weather supporters" applies in a lot of cases. Not only with the MFC but most sporting clubs.

4 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I'm also on auto renew for myself and my niece.  I think of those Redleg memberships as donations.

How long have you been a member of the Redlegs LH ?

10 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I'm also on auto renew for myself and my niece.  I think of those Redleg memberships as donations.  Many would think the likes of you and I are fools easily parted with our money!

Not fond of the 'bandwagoners' but they help with cash, sponsors, fixturing and FTA broadcasting.  It was great to see them come out in force for the two 2018 finals at the G.  Hopefully, the 'bandwagoners' will convert to members when we are regularly in finals, especially once they realise that without a membership it is difficult to get tickets to finals.

The only way to think of a MFC membership is that it is a chartible donation.

It is the only way to maintain your sanity. If you try to attach any value to it then you are doomed to disappointment.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, old dee said:

It is the only way to maintain your sanity. If you try to attach any value to it then you are doomed to disappointment.

We should get a tax deduction with said charitable donation. Otherwise, where's the incentive to continually invest in a failing stock?

• Like 1

Well I can give some information about memberships.

I sit near the Betty Cuthbert bar and I requested a seat change to get away from @Moonshadow and his drunken and boorish behaviours. 

To my disappointment, I was just informed that my request couldn't be met because that area was fully allocated.

It looks like the Tridents are all renewing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Well I can give some information about memberships.

I sit near the Betty Cuthbert bar and I requested a seat change to get away from @Moonshadow and his drunken and boorish behaviours. 

To my disappointment, I was just informed that my request couldn't be met because that area was fully allocated.

It looks like the Tridents are all renewing.

Those that sit within 20 rows of us will know that nothing could be further from the truth. In fact Daisy Pearce and the rest of the AFLW team refuse to sit anywhere near you. Mainly because your cross dressing standards offend their sensibilities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

We should get a tax deduction with said charitable donation. Otherwise, where's the incentive to continually invest in a failing stock?

Good question perhaps insanity has already set in.

After 2018 I would be stoked if we hit 55K in 2020 and then continued to increase as we become a better more reliable team - Go Dee's.....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS( we have renewed our three Red Legs memberships for 2020)

Edited by DeeZone
Added PS
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

doing my bit. re-signed plus added new membership for grand son

Nice work DC. I wasn’t going to sign up this year until I saw improvement but caved in (I’m all talk). We had another little one a few weeks ago and she’s been added to the membership tally. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Nice work DC. I wasn’t going to sign up this year until I saw improvement but caved in (I’m all talk). We had another little one a few weeks ago and she’s been added to the membership tally. 

nice, ethan. and congrats to new addition to family. you will be able to watch replays in the middle of the night now whilst attending to new one :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Assuming that you can afford it, the bottom line is that all members should renew their memberships irrespective of results. 

If everyone "dropped the ball" because of results, we would have no members and no club. Now would that make you happy ? Does it make you feel good by saying, "I told you they were hopeless, they may as well merge or go out of existence." 

Call it stupidity, blind faith or loyalty, it does not matter. Really the folks who sign up only if the team is winning are bandwagoners. The types who suddenly come out of the woodwork and profess their loyalty by turning up to finals games. Egotists who think that the success or failure of their team is a reflection on them. No, its not about you, its about supporting the oldest club in the world from cradle to grave. 

Otherwise go and support a franchise club or Melbourne Storm with its deep history and decades of existence and surviving against the odds.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, old dee said:

The value I attach to my Redlegs memberships (other than the donation to the club for the last 20 years) is that I spend time with my niece.  And hopefully, will one day have the pleasure of sharing a Demon premiership with her at the G.  So the Redleg memberships for the two us will continue until I fall off the perch. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hemingway said:

Assuming that you can afford it, the bottom line is that all members should renew their memberships irrespective of results. 

If everyone "dropped the ball" because of results, we would have no members and no club. Now would that make you happy ? Does it make you feel good by saying, "I told you they were hopeless, they may as well merge or go out of existence." 

Call it stupidity, blind faith or loyalty, it does not matter. Really the folks who sign up only if the team is winning are bandwagoners. The types who suddenly come out of the woodwork and profess their loyalty by turning up to finals games. Egotists who think that the success or failure of their team is a reflection on them. No, its not about you, its about supporting the oldest club in the world from cradle to grave. 

Otherwise go and support a franchise club or Melbourne Storm with its deep history and decades of existence and surviving against the odds.

Spot On hemingway.

16 hours ago, daisycutter said:

i've been claiming my membership as a donation to charity for years. i presumed you all did too.

I hope for your sake that the offices of Demonland aren't raided by the ATO and your true identity given up. 

1 hour ago, hemingway said:

Well said Ernie. Just re-committed for myself and several others. I was told the current number is closing on 28,000 so the positive they are putting on that is that more than half the members from 2020 had signed up as of this morning.

Anyone here know the pre-Christmas total last year?

Edited by pitmaster

13 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I hope for your sake that the offices of Demonland aren't raided by the ATO and your true identity given up. 

why? i can't think of a more deserving charity and as we all know they are a not-for-profit religion

it's mabo, the constitution and the whole vibe thing

Edited by daisycutter
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, pitmaster said:

Well said Ernie. Just re-committed for myself and several others. I was told the current number is closing on 28,000 so the positive they are putting on that is that more than half the members from 2020 had signed up as of this morning.

Anyone here know the pre-Christmas total last year?

The last read before Christmas 2018 was 31,759 see this thread:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

The value I attach to my Redlegs memberships (other than the donation to the club for the last 20 years) is that I spend time with my niece.  And hopefully, will one day have the pleasure of sharing a Demon premiership with her at the G.  So the Redleg memberships for the two us will continue until I fall off the perch. 

Similar to myself LH.

My membership just renews automatically and will continue till my end. I go to a number of games each year depending on what else is happening on particular weekends. Beyond that I expect little from the MFC beyond the hope we will play finals. I sincerely don't expect a flag now in the years I have left.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, old dee said:

Similar to myself LH.

My membership just renews automatically and will continue till my end. I go to a number of games each year depending on what else is happening on particular weekends. Beyond that I expect little from the MFC beyond the hope we will play finals. I sincerely don't expect a flag now in the years I have left.

Old dee, you've officially moved from pessimistic to maudlin. Cheer up...there is a bonus to be found from poor performaces. One can rock up to the G late on gameday and still get a good seat.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

The last read before Christmas 2018 was 31,759 see this thread:

Thanks for that. The full table (30K in the first week of December) suggests we are 2000 behind last year. And it's too late to buy them as Christmas presents, so...it might be slow this time around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Old dee, you've officially moved from pessimistic to maudlin. Cheer up...there is a bonus to be found from poor performaces. One can rock up to the G late on gameday and still get a good seat.

I reckon @old dee 's mood will swing depending upon the amount of single malt or free pinot he guzzles down.

• Haha 2