Jump to content

Demonland

Calling All MCC Members

Recommended Posts

It's about time the club was actively trying to convert our MCC brethren using the players. More of this please MFC. 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a MCC/MFC member which costs an arm and a leg to renew annually. I get literally no benefits being an MFC member that my MCC membership doesn't already provide, I just do it to support my club. Perhaps if they reduced the MFC membership component by half then most would sign up.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Caligula's cohort said:

I'm a MCC/MFC member which costs an arm and a leg to renew annually. I get literally no benefits being an MFC member that my MCC membership doesn't already provide, I just do it to support my club. Perhaps if they reduced the MFC membership component by half then most would sign up.  

Out of interest do you get to choose which MFC membership package you attach to your MCC membership? 

Great effort on taking both. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Out of interest do you get to choose which MFC membership package you attach to your MCC membership? 

Great effort on taking both. 

Yes, you can choose a standard MFC membership about $85 or a premium membership which is about $160. MCC memberships are another $400 - $700 depending on circumstances.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Caligula's cohort said:

Yes, you can choose a standard MFC membership about $85 or a premium membership which is about $160. MCC memberships are another $400 - $700 depending on circumstances.  

Full MCC Membership cost me $650 this year + MFC Membership

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Full MCC Membership cost me $650 this year + MFC Membership

Good on you WYL.

So it's an additional 13% to add on the standard MFC membership?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be about that Moonie. I bought the Premium Package, i don’t get to many games now as a cab ride into the City in traffic is a very expensive day out and i don’t have a train station close by. 

I am starting to question the MCC Membership, but whilst the Demons are on the rise i shall continue fork out

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Demonland said:

It's about time the club was actively trying to convert our MCC brethren using the players. More of this please MFC. 

 

I met one a few weeks ago for a business venture and asked point blank if he had signed up as an MFC member and he said no. I told him our business interests would only progress if he signed up. He laughed and I asked why he was laughing and that I was serious. 

  • Like 15
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caligula's cohort said:

I'm a MCC/MFC member which costs an arm and a leg to renew annually. I get literally no benefits being an MFC member that my MCC membership doesn't already provide, I just do it to support my club. Perhaps if they reduced the MFC membership component by half then most would sign up.  

The basic MFC component for MCC members is neglible (less than 15%) and anybody who doesn’t take it out is merely a tightwad (especially when they are likely to spend more days at the footy than watching cricket)! There are very few MCC members who genuinely cannot afford it! 

(In my case I have a MCC Guest Pass on top of my MCC membership and my MFC membership so I don’t get change from a ‘gorilla’ and a ‘monkey’: I have never been to the cricket in over 50 year’s membership but it is worth every cent watching the Dees march to their first Premiership since 1964!)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Would be about that Moonie. I bought the Premium Package, i don’t get to many games now as a cab ride into the City in traffic is a very expensive day out and i don’t have a train station close by. 

I am starting to question the MCC Membership, but whilst the Demons are on the rise i shall continue fork out

Why cab it when you can use limo service who will wait for you when game finishes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, CBDees said:

The basic MFC component for MCC members is neglible (less than 15%) and anybody who doesn’t take it out is merely a tightwad (especially when they are likely to spend more days at the footy than watching cricket)! There are very few MCC members who genuinely cannot afford it! 

(In my case I have a MCC Guest Pass on top of my MCC membership and my MFC membership so I don’t get change from a ‘gorilla’ and a ‘monkey’: I have never been to the cricket in over 50 year’s membership but it is worth every cent watching the Dees march to their first Premiership since 1964!)

 

Any MCC member who claims they support Melbourne but won't by a membership is a bum

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Caligula's cohort said:

Yes, you can choose a standard MFC membership about $85 or a premium membership which is about $160. MCC memberships are another $400 - $700 depending on circumstances.  

Save your money  'Cc'.   Buy a Melbournefc membership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, chookrat said:

Why cab it when you can use limo service who will wait for you when game finishes

I may look into that. I get half price cabs as it is, but sitting in traffic for at least half the journey still adds up. 

It can be far more relaxing watching a big screen in a pub. 

But i still Fork out for the Memberships

Both clubs need cash to roll on

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CBDees said:

The basic MFC component for MCC members is neglible (less than 15%) and anybody who doesn’t take it out is merely a tightwad (especially when they are likely to spend more days at the footy than watching cricket)! There are very few MCC members who genuinely cannot afford it! 

(In my case I have a MCC Guest Pass on top of my MCC membership and my MFC membership so I don’t get change from a ‘gorilla’ and a ‘monkey’: I have never been to the cricket in over 50 year’s membership but it is worth every cent watching the Dees march to their first Premiership since 1964!)

 

I agree with your enthusiasm, but the bolded bit is simply a stereotype.

Do you have facts to back it up?

Last I looked, there was no income test on the MCC applications. My old man, for example, was a 50+ year member who struggled to find the money most years. I know of 2 other members who have let it lapse because of finances.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MCC member and also an MFC member.  I made the decision many years ago when we were close to going to the wall.  I could not face the idea of not doing my bit if we had gone bust.

I only sit in the MCC for away games and Cricket. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

I may look into that. I get half price cabs as it is, but sitting in traffic for at least half the journey still adds up. 

It can be far more relaxing watching a big screen in a pub. 

But i still Fork out for the Memberships

Both clubs need cash to roll on

What suburb are you coming from WYL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very content to pay both, club membership is such a better model over the owner based system the seppos have.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Full MCC Membership cost me $650 this year + MFC Membership

Same for me. Its a donation. You get nothing for it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

What suburb are you coming from WYL?

Elwood

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

I agree with your enthusiasm, but the bolded bit is simply a stereotype.

Do you have facts to back it up?

Last I looked, there was no income test on the MCC applications. My old man, for example, was a 50+ year member who struggled to find the money most years. I know of 2 other members who have let it lapse because of finances.

My 22 year-old daughter isnt sure about the benefit of having her MCC membership, especially when she works part time, and has just purchsed her first home by herself. I keep telling her that the membership is worth it, but struggle to say exactly why. She does not have an MFC membership as she cant justify having both on her wage.

Should i tell her to just let the MCC membership lapse and join the Dees instead?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, CBDees said:

The basic MFC component for MCC members is neglible (less than 15%) and anybody who doesn’t take it out is merely a tightwad (especially when they are likely to spend more days at the footy than watching cricket)! There are very few MCC members who genuinely cannot afford it! 

(In my case I have a MCC Guest Pass on top of my MCC membership and my MFC membership so I don’t get change from a ‘gorilla’ and a ‘monkey’: I have never been to the cricket in over 50 year’s membership but it is worth every cent watching the Dees march to their first Premiership since 1964!)

 

The MFC membership is merely a donation on our behalf. In return we get a scarf and a sticker... I understand why MCC members don't buy one. It's like asking people to fork out $85 - $160 extra for the same product with little to no gain in return. If you want our money, then the MFC need to offer dual members extra add ons, or a reduced rate of membership. Hell, even put on a sausage sizzle for dual members one day of the year with a chance to meet the players and i'm sure they will all fork out the extra $85. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our 

20 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

I agree with your enthusiasm, but the bolded bit is simply a stereotype.

Do you have facts to back it up?

Last I looked, there was no income test on the MCC applications. My old man, for example, was a 50+ year member who struggled to find the money most years. I know of 2 other members who have let it lapse because of finances.

Maybe it is an unfortunate stereotype but I do personally know some members who are very well off but don’t fork out the extra (and only go to the marquee matches)!  I despise their stingyness!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ding said:

My 22 year-old daughter isnt sure about the benefit of having her MCC membership, especially when she works part time, and has just purchsed her first home by herself. I keep telling her that the membership is worth it, but struggle to say exactly why. She does not have an MFC membership as she cant justify having both on her wage.

Should i tell her to just let the MCC membership lapse and join the Dees instead?

No you should shout her both for her birthday each year!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Our 

Maybe it is an unfortunate stereotype but I do personally know some members who are very well off but don’t fork out the extra (and only go to the marquee matches)!  I despise their stingyness!

There might be correlation between stinginess and wealth

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, like doubtless many others, decided that the best practical way we could support the club was to take up the MCC/MFC membership which I've done for over 10 years. We will continue to do it til hell freezes over and whether we get any type of incentive doesn't enter into our thinking. I couldn't care less but I love the club and will continue to do it.

Come on MCC members. Get on board !!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    WINDY DAY FOOTY by KC from Casey

    Windy day footy has always been the domain of those who play the game hard: on days when the breeze gusts all over the place and the ground has been sodden by recent rains, the player needs to get all aspects of his game together and be hard of body and mind, to concentrate and attack the football. The Casey Demons came out on their own deck in such conditions and under a mainly sunny sky and gave it a crack for half a game but they lost sight of the fundamentals of playing hard in difficul

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    TRECIMATED by George on the Outer

    A little more than two months have passed since Melbourne met and came close to beating the reigning premier West Coast in the preliminary final replay over in the West. At the time, the Demons had three wins on the board and now, nine rounds later and going into this week’s match, they have managed to add a paltry two more wins to the ledger.  The Eagles, in contrast, have moved to within percentage of second spot on the ladder despite their loss at home this week against Collingwood. Whil

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    SAME STORY, DIFFERENT SONG by George on the Outer

    Melbourne was still suffering from the same old story - a lack of AFL capable players from which to choose at the selection table - and the Western Bulldogs got to sing their song again. But wait, that wasn’t the Doggie’s song we’ve been hearing for the last 30 years, it was some other concoction and no-one knew the words to it but whatever it was, they got to mumble it with gusto after a huge 8 point win! The sad thing is that the Bulldogs (or Footscray or whatever they choose to call

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    DOGGED by KC from Casey

    On Sunday, the Casey Demons met the Footscray VFL under the roof at the same venue where their nemesis took them down in the 2017 grand final and the result left them with the same feeling of disappointment - this time with a seven point defeat that ended the club’s four game winning streak and made things a lot harder in terms of playing in this year’s final series.   And, as has so often happened this year, the Demons let the game get away from them with but failing to take advantage of th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    BARKING MAD by The Oracle

    There was so much hype proliferating about Melbourne’s prospects for season 2019 a mere four months ago, that one could be forgiven for thinking anyone contemplating the prospect of a bottom four finish for the Demons at the time was barking mad. That however, is the prospect that they face at the moment and a loss to the Bulldogs on Sunday would make it a virtual certainty.  The club’s downward spiral after several years of moving steadily on an upward trajectory has been well documented i

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE MELBOURNE WAY by George on the Outer

    Much has been made by the coaching staff of playing a “Melbourne way” style of play. The nail-biting finish by the Demons in the dying minute of the game could not have been any more the case in point.   Leading by a game-high 38 points late in the third quarter, and by five goals at the final change, this should have been the catalyst for a romp home to an easy win.   But that is not the “Melbourne way” and the supporters, especially those with a severe case of MFCSS (aka intense inse

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    PINK AND BLUE CAN’T KICK TRUE by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons took on the Northern Blues at home on Saturday  in a game that was crucial in terms of their hopes for September and they took away the valuable four points on offer after some worrying moments. Most of those worries were self-inflicted as a result of some shocking inaccuracy in front of goal, sloppiness in play and a little bit of indiscipline that all combined to make the game a lot closer than it should have been. The final scoreboard showed the Demons winning the P

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    GO FIGURE by Sam the Stats Man

    In May last year, a rampant Melbourne side demolished Carlton by 109 points at the MCG. The Demons did as they pleased and ran rings against a young, abysmal Blues combination. The Dees led in virtually every key performance indicator, notably entering the inside 50 metre mark 63 times to 33 and the superiority of their attack was highlighted by a 74% shooting accuracy rate (to 47%).  A little more than a year later the two sides face each other for the first time since that rout and the ta

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 1

    GORN AT THE GABBA by George on The Outer

    With Melbourne leading the Brisbane Lions in the second term, and the game in the balance, a Max Gawn ankle injury signalled that the Demons were as good as gorrnnn for the match. Without a suitable 2nd ruck and (once again) forced to use either Tom McDonald, Tim Smith or Sam Weidemann in the ruck the Demons found themselves without a forward line that could kick a winning score. Not that anything really changed, as the forward line has been completely dysfunctional all season and one

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    GAMBIT by KC from Casey

    The opening gambit of Saturday afternoon’s game told us everything about who would be its main players and who would come out on top. The Casey Demons were eager to turn the tables on the Box Hill Hawks who beat them in last year’s grand final and then gave them a first up mauling at City Oval, Box Hill. Kicking with the aid of a strong breeze in the opening term, Braydon Preuss’ first hit out went straight to the diminutive Jay Kennedy Harris who pounced with a 70 metre shot at goal that sailed

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    MURDER BY NUMBERS by Sam the Stats Man

    The respective ladder positions of this week’s combatants tell the story of one side on the rise and the other in steep decline. Since their most recent meeting which took place early last year, the Dees and the Lions have changed positions. They are opposed to each again on the former’s home turf with the locals in fine fettle after blowing St Kilda off the park at Marvel Stadium.  The Lions’ home ground advantage has been a major consideration so far this year. They have won five out of s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MUD HEAP by KC from Casey

    In the opening round of the 2018 VFL season, the Casey Demons enjoyed an emphatic 107 point victory over Coburg at Piranha Park. The team was loaded with Melbourne listed players (half a dozen of them were in the team that beat Fremantle on Saturday) and the side was in its way to a grand final appearance. A season and a half later, the club returned to the same venue in the hope of kick starting a season that had gone somewhat awry under new coach Sam Radford and while they tasted victory (as y

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

×
×
  • Create New...