Jump to content

Whispering_Jack

Training - Monday 21st January, 2019

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, old dee said:

This line says it all Vagg,

“she who must be obeyed"

Tarax knows how the world works.

Good effort!

Yes, OD, i did see that line, and know only TOO well what it means.  However, there is a time when a man simply MUST stand up!  Clearly, this is one of them!  (If a guy with a black eye or two turns up at training, we'll all know that Tarax has arrived!  LOL

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bradke has remained whilst most of his rehab group have departed. He is a keen observer of the senior players and occasionally gets instruction from a trainer on the finer points of the current activity

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, It's Time said:

Just had a long chat to Crossy. 

Said place is unrecognisable from when he arrived. 

The definitive news from him on Lever’s return is around round 9 to 10.  

In relation to that debate about Trac’s condition and weight. I just mentioned he has a solid build. He responded that’s his build. Said he just ran his PB in the 2km time trial. His skin folds are excellent. 

He said they are being very careful with Viney. They don’t want to rush him back and have him back in rehab. The ankle surgery is just taking the normal amount of time to recover and they are also managing the foot etc. 

Hes expecting most rehabers to be back in main group by end of next weeks camp. 

He said coming back from a shortened pre season if anything is a bit of a bonus. He said it’s a really long pre season when you come back October or early November. You can feel cooked by the beginning of the season. They all have their off season programs and come back ready to go. 

Tom Sparrow is the stand out of the young players for him. Said he reminds him of Viney when he first came in. 

Training done. Thats it for me. Got to head off. Will try to answer any questions later. 

You were saying @Wadda We Sing?

Thanks again @It's Time, fantastic report and proof that again we have some some on here who should just stick to their day jobs and leave it to guys like Crossy to get these blokes in fantastic condition as Trac has shown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

You were saying @Wadda We Sing?

Thanks again @It's Time, fantastic report and proof that again we have some some on here who should just stick to their day jobs and leave it to guys like Crossy to get these blokes in fantastic condition as Trac has shown.

Lets not leave DV8 out of this DD. I think he was the perpetrator of most of the criticism regarding Trac.

I wonder who will be the next victim of his "opinions". 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, dworship said:

Lets not leave DV8 out of this DD. I think he was the perpetrator of most of the criticism regarding Trac.

I wonder who will be the next victim of his "opinions". 

I disagree quite often with dv8 but it is a fan website where most the comment is opinion. So he is entitled to give his. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, It's Time said:

Just had a long chat to Crossy. 

Said place is unrecognisable from when he arrived. 

The definitive news from him on Lever’s return is around round 9 to 10.  

In relation to that debate about Trac’s condition and weight. I just mentioned he has a solid build. He responded that’s his build. Said he just ran his PB in the 2km time trial. His skin folds are excellent. 

He said they are being very careful with Viney. They don’t want to rush him back and have him back in rehab. The ankle surgery is just taking the normal amount of time to recover and they are also managing the foot etc. 

Hes expecting most rehabers to be back in main group by end of next weeks camp

He said coming back from a shortened pre season if anything is a bit of a bonus. He said it’s a really long pre season when you come back October or early November. You can feel cooked by the beginning of the season. They all have their off season programs and come back ready to go. 

Tom Sparrow is the stand out of the young players for him. Said he reminds him of Viney when he first came in. 

Training done. Thats it for me. Got to head off. Will try to answer any questions later. 

Camp? What camp? Should we panic?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, old dee said:

I disagree quite often with dv8 but it is a fan website where most the comment is opinion. So he is entitled to give his. 

Even if he is wrong

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, waynewussell said:

Fritsch predominantly back

Love him as forward, and love him on the wing.   But his skill set may be best suited to half back with that combination of aerial ability and elite foot skills.. I am sure he will pinch hit everywhere.   Fantastic young player.

  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, In Harmes Way said:

Even if he is wrong

He is still entitled to give it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, It's Time said:

Just had a long chat to Crossy. 

The definitive news from him on Lever’s return is around round 9 to 10.  

He said they are being very careful with Viney. They don’t want to rush him back and have him back in rehab. The ankle surgery is just taking the normal amount of time to recover

Lever not back till round nine or ten?!!!

Viney being managed??!

They were missing targets all session???

I prefer Saty's reports

  • Like 2
  • Haha 11
  • Shocked 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Camp? What camp? Should we panic?

Whatever gives you joy LDC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, old dee said:

I disagree quite often with dv8 but it is a fan website where most the comment is opinion. So he is entitled to give his. 

Yes, however when it is disrespectful and you give it as if it is fact then I think it's fair to reply. DV8 has "form" and perhaps I'm a bit like Saty,  peoples opinions don't mean much when they are delivered in such a negative way and with so little evidence,.

Edited by dworship
Addition
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dworship said:

Yes, however when it is disrespectful and you give it as if it is fact then I think it's fair to reply. DV8 has "form" and perhaps I'm a bit like Saty,  peoples opinions don't mean much when they are delivered in such a negative way.

Agree but that is a value judgement. And being respectful is another important element. If you are respectful and don't play the man then I have problem with people giving opinions different to my own 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vagg said:

You clearly need to re-evaluate your priorities, Tarax!!  Fancy sitting and watching that pansy game while the REAL action is but a hop, step & a jump away!  Hang your head in shame, lad!!

True.Barry, especially for a former goulban valley boy like your good self, where men were men and women ... Truth is today most blokes need to be a be fully coqnescent  of their partners whims and desires and adjust accordingly. Anyways the track watchers reports are ebullient and entertaining. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, It's Time said:

Having a look at main group now. A lot of cheering and clapping going on as they are all bunched in the middle. I’d be guessing some comp on winners for last weeks training. Pretty sure it’s not team selection. 

Now doing full oval game simulation. It’s full gas. Clearly working on game plan ball movement. What I’m noticing is the players down field leading to space and players with the ball being patient and looking for the lead before kicking. Plenty of missed targets at this stage. There’s no wind which suggests to me they are really working on low kicks to targets under pressure. Thats definitely looking like a focus  

From what I’m seeing Preuss is no lumbering slow big man. He’s surprisingly agile and fast. He’s also doing as much running as the midfielders. On what I’m seeing I reckon he’s going to surprise us. 

KK just took a brilliant contested mark and summed up options and did a great kick to a leading player. 

Preuss is fast becoming a priority action man with mongrel mobility - in your face. He may be the recruit of the year/decade/or century but whatever, I really like the rapport and support that fans are bestowing upon him - for good reasons he is an attention magnet. Great to hear of KK shining with the Dees, described often in training as 'brilliant', 'great at...', 'speedy' and 'skilled'. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Love him as forward, and love him on the wing.   But his skill set may be best suited to half back with that combination of aerial ability and elite foot skills.. I am sure he will pinch hit everywhere.   Fantastic young player.

yeah I see him as a bit of a pinch hitter too. back flank/wing/fwd flank rotation. I reckon he would mainly be working with the backline guys because right now its the defensive area of his game that probably needs the most work. get him more used to bodying up on opponents, building his strength under the ball etcetera. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tarax Club said:

True.Barry, especially for a former goulban valley boy like your good self, where men were men and women ... Truth is today most blokes need to be a be fully coqnescent  of their partners whims and desires and adjust accordingly. Anyways the track watchers reports are ebullient and entertaining. 

Goulburn Valley is an underrated region of the State at risk of being spoilt by migration from the big smoke. Generally, I think that  men are still men and women still like men, although I have noticed the odd wig, sitting on top of tough faces, strong forearms and smeared lipstick.

A lot of ex-Demon players and Demon supporters from the GV, a very passionate lot.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Goulburn Valley is an underrated region of the State at risk of being spoilt by migration from the big smoke. Generally, I think that  men are still men and women still like men, although I have noticed the odd wig, sitting on top of tough faces, strong forearms and smeared lipstick.

A lot of ex-Demon players and Demon supporters from the GV, a very passionate lot.  

It was our country zone in the old VFL days Ernest which probably accounts for it. I spent my early life in Bendigo which was Carlton's zone they got a lot of good players from there. I have as a result had a soft spot for the Blues. Helped of course by my old team being two blues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, It's Time said:

Just had a long chat to Crossy. 

Said place is unrecognisable from when he arrived. 

The definitive news from him on Lever’s return is around round 9 to 10.  

In relation to that debate about Trac’s condition and weight. I just mentioned he has a solid build. He responded that’s his build. Said he just ran his PB in the 2km time trial. His skin folds are excellent. 

He said they are being very careful with Viney. They don’t want to rush him back and have him back in rehab. The ankle surgery is just taking the normal amount of time to recover and they are also managing the foot etc. 

Hes expecting most rehabers to be back in main group by end of next weeks camp. 

He said coming back from a shortened pre season if anything is a bit of a bonus. He said it’s a really long pre season when you come back October or early November. You can feel cooked by the beginning of the season. They all have their off season programs and come back ready to go. 

Tom Sparrow is the stand out of the young players for him. Said he reminds him of Viney when he first came in. 

Training done. Thats it for me. Got to head off. Will try to answer any questions later. 

Like Cross's comments about the long preseason and not being cooked at the beginning of the season (or half way through). 

In the past, we have seen many sides cooked halfway through the season. You can only maintain high intensity for limited periods. So important to be able to tune and peak at season end. 

We are an entirely different beast with the talent on and off the field, and footy know how.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Like Cross's comments about the long preseason and not being cooked at the beginning of the season (or half way through). 

In the past, we have seen many sides cooked halfway through the season. You can only maintain high intensity for limited periods. So important to be able to tune and peak at season end. 

We are an entirely different beast with the talent on and off the field, and footy know how.   

Thank god for that Ernest. I look for to a decade of sustained success.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, old dee said:

He is still entitled to give it. 

for sure.  he is also entitled to get some 'feedback' from other posters if he turns out to be full of it

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tarax Club said:

True.Barry, especially for a former goulban valley boy like your good self, where men were men and women ... Truth is today most blokes need to be a be fully coqnescent  of their partners whims and desires and adjust accordingly. Anyways the track watchers reports are ebullient and entertaining. 

Spell check broken? Or is fully coqnescent your hommage to priapism?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit worried about the amount of players on restrictions or have been on restrictions this pre-season. Oliver, Brayshaw, Lever, Viney, Melksham etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    ORWELLIAN by Whispering Jack

    Please permit me to begin this rather tragic pathetic preview of Melbourne’s forthcoming game against Fremantle with some personal reflections.   Two years ago, we had visitors staying with us who are all sports fans so we arranged tickets for the entire family for the Melbourne vs Fremantle game at the MCG. The Dockers were struggling at the time while the Demons were on the up and up so I was fairly confident about the outcome. Naturally, we all left the ground bitterly disappointed.   

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    PANTSED BY THE PIES by George on the Outer

    A 41 point loss to Collingwood, combined with yet another meagre output from the Melbourne forwards, saw the Demons pantsed by the Collingwood in the Queens Birthday match. For the nth week in a row, Melbourne failed to produce a score that would trouble most sides - it’s inaccuracy alone was again enough to seal the outcome. If that final score of 7.15 were 15.7, the game would have been very different. That sort of output was exactly a repeat of the previous week against Adelaide, when fo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    TURNAROUND by KC from Casey

    It is truly amazing what a difference eight days can make in the life and times of a football club. It was a little over a week ago that the Casey Demons side were literally crushed into submission by the Werribee Tigers at Avalon Airport Oval. The losing margin in that game was not huge but the way they struggled to produce and cohesion in their play was obvious for all to see.  On Sunday at Casey Fields as part of heritage week, the team wore the Springvale FC jumper and made its own turn

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    TEN YEARS AFTER by Whispering Jack

    There are many who would argue that Melbourne’s current woes go back a full decade to their Queens Birthday engagement of 2009 when the Demons selected a young VCE student Jack Watts to make his debut on the MCG in front of what was expected to be the club’s biggest crowd for a game described as the club’s “grand final in June”. That was the way of the world for the Dean Bailey coached Demons. The critics were skeptical of Melbourne’s decision to put a wet behind the ears schoolboy (albeit

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    TOP END HEADING SOUTH by George on the Outer

    The Demons headed north for their annual game in Darwin, but the disappointing outcome could only mean they are heading south with the all too familiar failings happening again. A Sam Weideman mark and kick for goal with only 30 seconds remaining in the match could have won it for the Demons, but the kick slid sideways and the team went down by two points.  Sam may have been devastated, but the fact that the team could only kick 1 goal 8 behinds in the final quarter lays the blame at the fe

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    MAYDAY by KC from Casey

    There’s not very much that can be said of the lacklustre performance of the Casey Demons at Avalon Airfield Oval against the Werribee Tigers on Saturday other than that it was woeful. There were however, a few small rays of hope for Demon fans, the main one being the display of defender Steven May from injury and to a lesser extent, Kade Kolodjashnij’s return after two months recovering from the effects of concussion. May was in stellar form down back, taking intercept marks, disposing of t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    POINT OF NO RETURN by the Oracle

    Conventional wisdom says that a club reaches the point of no return in the AFL competition if it has won less than four matches at the mid point of the season.  What this means for Melbourne is that in order for it to remain in the race for a top-eight position, it must start winning games now. Moreover, It's not enough to win the next game but it must also start stringing wins together to make up for its deficit in both wins and percentage.  With so much at stake there will be no excu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A REAL DOWNER by KC from Casey

    When Sam Weideman kicked his third goal at the midpoint of the second quarter of Casey’s game at Downer Oval , Point Gellibrand on Sunday, he put his team 26 points ahead of the goalless Seagulls. Buoyed by the return from injury of Weideman and a number of other AFL-listed Melbourne players including Jordan Lewis, Mitch Hannan, and Jay Kennedy Harris and an impressive start to Jake Lever’s second game on return from his ACL surgery, the Demons were seemingly on top of the world. Lewis and

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    ANOTHER GIANT PROBLEM by George on the Outer

    On top of its injury problems Melbourne ran into an “in-form” GWS Giants at the MCG in a game which, apart from a final quarter junk-time spree served to highlight the club’s current problems. There’s a virtually non-existent forward line; a plethora of VFL standard players, who might be getting plenty of game experience but most will simply not be up to AFL standard; an inability to kick straight and an ability to waste simple opportunities so that they mustered up only one goal in the fir

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    GIANT HEADACHE by The Oracle

    It seems so long ago that Melbourne took an unchanged line up into a game on the MCG against the Greater Western Sydney Giants and cleaned them up to the tune of 45 points.  In truth, the event occurred literally half a season ago in the final home and away round of the 2018 season and marked the Demons’ return to the finals with more triumphs to come in the weeks ahead. Of course, back then, it was the Giants who were wracked with injuries as they stumbled into the finals series facing the

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    LANDSLIDE by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons enjoyed the better of their first half against Port Melbourne on Saturday but fell away badly after half time to lose by 43 points. The Borough enjoyed the early break with the game’s opening two goals but the Demons took control to go out to an 8 point lead at quarter time, an advantage that it held for most of the second term until a late goal to the visitors clawed the lead back to a point.  The Casey ruck of Braydon Preuss and Liam Wale-Buxton were on top for most

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles 1

    SHOULD HAVE ... COULD HAVE by George on the Outer

    West Coast finally put the nail in the Demons 2019 season coffin with a 16 point win, but it was a game that Melbourne should have, could have, but didn’t win. Once again woeful, truly woeful work in the forward line, both kicking for goal and the lazy, cheap efforts of some let the side down. A solitary goal in the final quarter and only 9 goals from 24+ scoring opportunities was the costly difference in the game. The selectors, once again, made a critical error in not selecting

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

×
×
  • Create New...