Jump to content
  • Podcast: No Merger Podcast &      

Whispering_Jack

Training - Saturday 12th January, 2019

Recommended Posts

Yeah I'll be going on Saturday. I'll do a report and try and get the remaining 5 players to sign my jumper.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Yeah I'll be going on Saturday. I'll do a report and try and get the remaining 5 players to sign my jumper.👍

Sounds good.

Hopefully you'll report that:

1) Petracca, Harmes, Jetta and Melksham are out of the rehab group.

2) Brayshaw is found alive and well.

3) Viney's cut his honeymoon short and is looking a million bucks on the track.

4) Lever looks a sneaky chance for round 1.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good old MFC, schedule the first weekend training session for yonks at the same time as the club's AFLW clinic in Cranbourne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Sounds good.

Hopefully you'll report that:

1) Petracca, Harmes, Jetta and Melksham are out of the rehab group.

2) Brayshaw is found alive and well.

3) Viney's cut his honeymoon short and is looking a million bucks on the track.

4) Lever looks a sneaky chance for round 1.

 

Plus, Weideman and Preuss are champing at the bit, Hunt is on fire with improved teamplay skills and passing, Stretch is up and about and running, driving the ball ever-forward with pace. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Yeah I'll be going on Saturday. I'll do a report and try and get the remaining 5 players to sign my jumper.👍

You must wear size XXXL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How dare they start before 9:30!

T Mac is out there and wearing boots. Fully participating at this stage.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rehab group with some light ball work includes Gus, Lever, Viney, Hannan, Vanders, Baker, Oliver and Stretch. Jones doing some walking on his own.

Trac and Harmes in main group.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vanders looking really proppy, grabbing at his foot.

He is trying to fight through it but doesn’t look in a good way.

  • Shocked 2
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the whole squad is out there with the exception of Melksham. Haven’t seen him so far.

Jones heading back to AAMI after some running, walking and some boxing exercises. Looked like a light load for the skip.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Looks like the whole squad is out there with the exception of Melksham. Haven’t seen him so far.

Jones heading back to AAMI after some running, walking and some boxing exercises. Looked like a light load for the skip.

Perhaps Melksham’s wife is in labor? I believe she is due very soon. 

Anyone got any concrete info about Gus? Why the rehab?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Perhaps Melksham’s wife is in labor? I believe she is due very soon. 

Anyone got any concrete info about Gus? Why the rehab?

Everyone is still trying to work it about Gus. He’s moving fine though, picked up a loose ball off the ground in one of the drills and turned swiftly to pass it to a teammate without hindrance.

Now doing some solid paced running with Lever and Viney.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the squad heading back now.

O Mac, T Smith, Jetta, Harmes, Hunt, Trac, stayed back for some extra work. Vanders running 200s on his own. Looks fine. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first MFC training session since early 2018 and it was such a pleasure being out there in the sunshine and fresh air with only Demon supporters in the vicinity.

Some early impressions -

• Steven May is a monster! I’m ever the optimist and a blue sky junkie but this bloke cuts a very imposing figure out on the ground. His switch to Melbourne is going to be a fantastic career move for him.

• Braydon Preuss is an even bigger monster. I think he is going to prove a headache for opposition defenders if he lines up near goal. North will regret letting him go.

• Jack Viney - sure he was in the rehab group but even in that situation, he has that steely determination and toughness to be a menace to us mere mortals on the other side of the boundary fence. And marriage has made him even harder if you know what I mean.

• Christian Petracca - this man could be the key. I'm looking for him to really break out this year.

C546EE64-49EE-4987-AAF4-6B14B881F9E0.jpeg

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Most of the squad heading back now.

O Mac, T Smith, Jetta, Harmes, Hunt, Trac, stayed back for some extra work. Vanders running 200s on his own. Looks fine. 

Throw in Goody and Chaplin to the extras group as well - having just gone for a lap around the tan post-session 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

Vanders looking really proppy, grabbing at his foot.

He is trying to fight through it but doesn’t look in a good way.

 

24 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Most of the squad heading back now.

O Mac, T Smith, Jetta, Harmes, Hunt, Trac, stayed back for some extra work. Vanders running 200s on his own. Looks fine. 

Given Dee Zephyr posted after Drunkn, I'll assume that Vanders is 100% OK and Drunkn needs to go to Specsavers.

  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A fair number of fans turned out by the looks of it. The last time i went to training was 2013 (WA demon) and i was practically the only one there. Looking at the Instagram live videos players are signing shirts and taking photos with a whole bunch of fans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

• Braydon Preuss is an even bigger monster. I think he is going to prove a headache for opposition defenders if he lines up near goal. North will regret letting him go.

Loch Ness is no longer a myth. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Spoke to one of the players after training. Today was a light prelude to Monday, just easing the boys back in to it. There was no formal time trial this morning.

Nathan Jones was experiencing back related hamstring tightness. He was not sure how hard he could push himself as he had never had a hamstring issue before. Light run throughs and some boxing for him, but he could feel it every time he extended himself. Not ideal for Chunk.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tough Kent said:

I Spoke to one of the players after training. Today was a light prelude to Monday, just easing the boys back in to it. There was no formal time trial this morning.

Nathan Jones was experiencing back related hamstring tightness. He was not sure how hard he could push himself as he had never had a hamstring issue before. Light run throughs and some boxing for him, but he could feel it every time he extended himself. Not ideal for Chunk.

It was a graded time trial, for those out of rehab and others,  who wanted to test themselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whispering_Jack said:

My first MFC training session since early 2018 and it was such a pleasure being out there in the sunshine and fresh air with only Demon supporters in the vicinity.

Some early impressions -

• Steven May is a monster! I’m ever the optimist and a blue sky junkie but this bloke cuts a very imposing figure out on the ground. His switch to Melbourne is going to be a fantastic career move for him.

• Braydon Preuss is an even bigger monster. I think he is going to prove a headache for opposition defenders if he lines up near goal. North will regret letting him go.

• Jack Viney - sure he was in the rehab group but even in that situation, he has that steely determination and toughness to be a menace to us mere mortals on the other side of the boundary fence. And marriage has made him even harder if you know what I mean.

• Christian Petracca - this man could be the key. I'm looking for him to really break out this year.

C546EE64-49EE-4987-AAF4-6B14B881F9E0.jpeg

He looks as tall or taller than Max in that shot.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    OVERPOWERED by George on the Outer

    In a dismal display against Port Adelaide, Melbourne showed it had learnt nothing from their previous week’s loss to Brisbane. Port, in contrast, after losing to St.Kilda, addressed their failings, and as a result made the Demons look like a second-rate side.  Melbourne failed to score a goal in the first quarter, and the first time it seriously troubled the goal umpire was saved until a minute before half-time.  Did it get any better?  No with their meagre three goals for the sec

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    DESPERATION OF THE MOMENT by Whispering Jack

    Melbourne’s recent win against Hawthorn highlighted how important Max Gawn’s ruck domination is for the team. A week later however, that domination continued but its effect was totally blunted by the Brisbane Lions midfield and, as a consequence, what could have been an easy win over a leading AFL contender turned into a disappointing but close loss and a sense of desperation now looms over the club as the halfway mark of the season approaches. This week’s opponent in Port Adelaide also und

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE FOUR POINT FAIL by George on the Outer

    Melbourne went down by 4 points in a thrilling finish against Brisbane, but they failed by more than the 4 points.     They also failed to score the 4 points necessary to keep them in the race for the finals, and now find themselves sitting 6 points outside the top 8, but effectively 2 games outside (even though they have a game in hand).   The Demons had more than enough opportunities to win.  Six very easy shots on goal failed to bother the goal umpire with a major and ultimate

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    NORTH OF THE BORDER PART 2 by The Oracle

    The travelling COVID circus moves north of the border yet again and, unless at some time in the near future, Papua New Guinea opens its borders, this could be the last time this phenomenon happens. And as fortune would dictate, the resurgent Demons are walking directly into the sights of the locals from the bright lights of Brizvegas to Carrara - the scene of some long-forgotten (and deservedly so) battles with one of the Lions’ former incarnations, namely, the Brisbane Bears. But unli

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    ON THE NOSE by George on the Outer

    One of the Hawthorn Football Club’s valued sponsors is Azep® Nasal Spray and given the thrashing handed out to the Hawks in today’s game, it would appear that they need a huge supply of the sponsor’s product because they are simply on the nose. This condition was caused by the sheer dominance of the Demons, led magnificently by skipper Max Gawn with 27 hitouts and 22 disposals including two clearances. Around him in the middle were Christian Petracca with 29 touches, Clayton Oliver (also on

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE PREMIER LEAGUE by Whispering Jack

    So the new man under the pump is Clarko, which demonstrates how sad but predictable the football media is these days. In an age where each AFL team’s form can be topsy turvy and unpredictability is the order of the day, the coach of a team that has played five out of the top six teams from the previous season and sits with a 3/3 win loss record is this week’s whipping boy.   This comes admittedly on the back of a bad fortnight from the Hawks who in recent years have exhibited an enormous

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    SUNSMART by George on the Outer

    If you don’t want to get sunburnt, you follow the Sunsmart rules.  Melbourne took the advice and with their season on the line, avoided getting burnt by the Gold Coast Suns, with a gripping 17 point win. It was a match that could have gone either way, with the sides within a kick of each other for all but the final minutes of the final quarter. Melbourne had stretched the lead earlier in the game to 18 points, but that quickly evaporated to a neck and neck race to the finish.  Finally,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    NORTH OF THE BORDER by The Oracle

    The outcomes of Melbourne’s recent games against the Gold Coast Suns are a pretty good barometer of how the teams are faring. The Demons easily accounted for them twice in 2018, the last win being a 96-point cakewalk at the MCG in Round 20 when they scored a whopping 21.17.143 to 7.5.47. Ironically, Melbourne’s score of 9.3.57 at the first break that afternoon is leading its highest score for a full game to date this year by 3 points. In those days, they played fast, skillful football, moved th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 5

    PACK YOUR BAGS by George on The Outer

    The scene was captured by the TV camera’s before the match with a view of the Melbourne side’s bags packed next to the team bus to facilitate their flight up north to the AFL hub where they will play their next matches. However, on the basis of the efforts against Richmond, unless things change, and change rapidly, there will be some who will be told to pack their bags on a more permanent basis. Once again, the supporters got much the same story from this match against Richmond, as

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SOUTH OF THE BORDER by the Oracle

    Thankfully they moved this week’s game from Sydney where the sun shines and the virus breeds ever so slowly and almost nobody returns a positive test. The change of fixture comes at precisely the right time to allow everyone in town to head to the MCG on Sunday at around 3:30pm, not to catch up with what’s going on inside the ground but rather, to do what’s fashionable for woke folk in 2020 — pulling down statues. It’s time for Kevin Bartlett and Leigh Matthews to go but you can’t touch Norm Smi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    LESSONS IN LOSING by George on the Outer

    Turn up for the game and look like you want to win it.  Melbourne lost this game to Geelong, a game after a couple of extended breaks, looking like they were at the end of a 22 game season. Right from the start there was a lack of intensity across the board, as the Demons played exactly the type of game that the ageing Geelong list wanted. Geelong repeatedly played possession footy, to avoid having to run those ageing legs, something that Melbourne failed to exploit.  To use the oft quot

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    QUARRANTINO by Whispering Jack

    At a little after 4.00pm last Saturday, the MCG ceased to be the centre of the AFL universe. That was when the AFL’s el supremo Gil McLaughlin announced that the Bombers’ Conor McKenna had returned a COVID-19 positive result and declared that the game set for the following day between Essendon and Melbourne was postponed.  What followed was truly the stuff of a pulp fiction novel. We witnessed a suitcase load of mental gymnastics and spin calculated to let McKenna (and the Essendon Football

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

×
×
  • Create New...