Sign in to follow this  
Satyriconhome

Training - Friday, 21st December 2018

3 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

thanks ethan, that was very informative. i have filed it in my gem file

I tried my best but am easily distracted. Happy to field questions. 

3 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

How old was the puppy?

what was it’s name and how long until he is ready for the 1s?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Saty would have got a picture of the labrador for those who couldn't be there. Just saying.

Corey Wag is very fit and is running just as well as ANB. ANB had a bandaged knee and seemed a little off though.

Tom Swollow was my standout today.

Big session today, they all worked extremely hard.

Going to training these days is so much more enjoyable with quality players and coaches doing their thing.

Our footy IQ is incredibly high now.

Merry Christmas to all.

Go Dees in 2019

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

did you get a pic of saty taking a pic?

• Like 2

Thank you to all the posters who attended and reported on training in the lead up to Christmas. I am really looking forward to the post New Years reports as they ramp up to Round 1. Bring on 2019 already.

• Thanks 1

I managed to get down to my first pre season training session for the year. Arrived roughly around 0940hrs and Hannan was already leaving the track so not sure what was happening there...

As I walked to the boundary fence there was a hype of activity. Rehabbers doing all sorts drills with Crossy, the main squad doing what looked to be AFLX simulation, music was pumping, the Drone hovering and Bradtke doing some solo ruck work with the coaching staff and then a few guys running timed laps around the oval. Viney was running a few laps with good intensity and is looking a little leaner. Lever and Melksham were running with a staff member who looked to be pace setting. They would do two laps and then walk for a minute and repeat, about 10 laps in all at a good intensity. 

After Baker and Oliver had finished with their rehab duties they were running boundary laps 1 minute on 1 minute off. They both seem to be in good nick and will resume in contact work after the Christmas break. 

The main group went on to play 3/4 ground hot potato for 15 minutes or so. I was impressed with Sparrow and Bedfords ferocity, they laid quite a few good tackles and smothers to the applause of the Jade Rawlings, furthermore they are noticably quick.

Joel Smith is in ripping shape, if he stays injury free, he will have a break out year... no doubt about it. Hibbo looking a little more cut and Garlett seem to be in a good place, he was displaying fantastic touch and footy nous, so i'll be keen to see how he travels next year. 

Following on from the Hot potato drill, the main group did some ground ball 3 on 1 drills which was a good laugh, especially seeing Spargo, Bedford and JKH trying to take down Gawn or Preuss. It took them a while but they finally got them down. Sparrow, Bedford and Garlett again impressed in these drills.

Towards the end of the session, the main group were put through a fairly intense rotating circuit training where they would spend 30 seconds at each station and move on to the next. It consisted of Bag tackling, Machine rowers, straight arm Barbell plate sit ups, Speed ropes, Spin bikes and a few other interesting exercises which looked similar to Jiu Jitsu grappling which again got a lot of laughs from the spectators and media. Preuss basically just lied on top of Frost to catch a bit of respite not to Frosty's enjoyment. 

Finally to finish it off the main squad had to do full ground suicide runs. ANB, KK, C.Wagner and Jordon were the standouts here with C.Wagner crossing the line first followed by ANB who was 20 meters behind. Frost, May, Preuss and Weidemann were the last to cross. They all then jogged it back to the centre square for drinks and were sucking in the big ones with a few on all fours. Not too long after that the training session was finished around Noon. 

• Like 36
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Caligula's cohort said:

I managed to get down to my first pre season training session for the year. Arrived roughly around 0940hrs and Hannan was already leaving the track so not sure what was happening there...

As I walked to the boundary fence there was a hype of activity. Rehabbers doing all sorts drills with Crossy, the main squad doing what looked to be AFLX simulation, music was pumping, the Drone hovering and Bradtke doing some solo ruck work with the coaching staff and then a few guys running timed laps around the oval. Viney was running a few laps with good intensity and is looking a little leaner. Lever and Melksham were running with a staff member who looked to be pace setting. They would do two laps and then walk for a minute and repeat, about 10 laps in all at a good intensity. 

After Baker and Oliver had finished with their rehab duties they were running boundary laps 1 minute on 1 minute off. They both seem to be in good nick and will resume in contact work after the Christmas break. 

The main group went on to play 3/4 ground hot potato for 15 minutes or so. I was impressed with Sparrow and Bedfords ferocity, they laid quite a few good tackles and smothers to the applause of the Jade Rawlings, furthermore they are noticably quick.

Joel Smith is in ripping shape, if he stays injury free, he will have a break out year... no doubt about it. Hibbo looking a little more cut and Garlett seem to be in a good place, he was displaying fantastic touch and footy nous, so i'll be keen to see how he travels next year. 

Following on from the Hot potato drill, the main group did some ground ball 3 on 1 drills which was a good laugh, especially seeing Spargo, Bedford and JKH trying to take down Gawn or Preuss. It took them a while but they finally got them down. Sparrow, Bedford and Garlett again impressed in these drills.

Towards the end of the session, the main group were put through a fairly intense rotating circuit training where they would spend 30 seconds at each station and move on to the next. It consisted of Bag tackling, Machine rowers, straight arm Barbell plate sit ups, Speed ropes, Spin bikes and a few other interesting exercises which looked similar to Jiu Jitsu grappling which again got a lot of laughs from the spectators and media. Preuss basically just lied on top of Frost to catch a bit of respite not to Frosty's enjoyment. 

Finally to finish it off the main squad had to do full ground suicide runs. ANB, KK, C.Wagner and Jordon were the standouts here with C.Wagner crossing the line first followed by ANB who was 20 meters behind. Frost, May, Preuss and Weidemann were the last to cross. They all then jogged it back to the centre square for drinks and were sucking in the big ones with a few on all fours. Not too long after that the training session was finished around Noon. 

Great report @Caligula's cohort.

Thank you to all the track watchers. Demonland and all of it's members really appreciate your efforts. Can't wait to hear the report post Xmas and new year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Olivertwist said:

Corey Wag is very fit and is running just as well as ANB. ANB had a bandaged knee and seemed a little off though.

Going to training these days is so much more enjoyable with quality players and coaches doing their thing.

Merry Christmas to all.

Go Dees in 2019

OT... you’re obviously not a member of the Biddles Bird Watchers Society if you can’t tell the difference between a Swallow and a Sparrow 😁

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ha Ha my tired brain is saying swallow is spelt incorrectly but not picking up that it should be Sparrow. Well done...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I only made it down for about 20 minutes as I have somewhere to be. For about 15 minutes of that time I got distracted and played with a Labrador puppy. Said G’day to Maxy, he said G’day back. 

The players look much bigger up close, ANB is a sensational runner. 

Adding "Expert Track Watcher" to the resume now 'ET'???

Your trade whispering has been invaluable, the bar is set high...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Demonland said:

How about Prawn?

I'd go with Team Pawn... just need to check with BBO if this is politically correct.

4 hours ago, Olivertwist said:

Merry Christmas to all.

Go Dees in 2019

That footy IQ improvement would be a wondrous thing, given the great team that we have now. It really lends itself to a staggering improvement across the field in teamplay and anticipation - both giving good despatches of the ball and getting to where the ball is received. 

2 hours ago, hardtack said:

OT... you’re obviously not a member of the Biddles Bird Watchers Society if you can’t tell the difference between a Swallow and a Sparrow 😁

Gulp! 

What Labrador? Its guns would be too ruff a deal for me

Sorry had to go to work straight after training

Will post pics later tonight, Six was there as well, so should get some good ones from him as well, he actually moved around this time 😀😁

The circuit at the end was brutal, Lewis and Hibberd in the wrestling was good, if only Hibbo could stop laughing, in between trying to get Lewis off him

11 minutes ago, Collar-Jazz-Knee said:

Channel 7 reporting 2 injury scares. Anyone with an update on these?

ANB and JKH according to 7.

Looked like the knee that ANB had a few issues with dislocations with, but apparently he completed the session.

JKH got a cheeky little push from Salem and looked like maybe an ankle in the footage but not reports of damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DeeSpencer said:

Looked like the knee that ANB had a few issues with dislocations with, but apparently he completed the session.

JKH got a cheeky little push from Salem and looked like maybe an ankle in the footage but not reports of damage.

and there was melk taking it easy after a tweak in his hamstring from earlier in the week

• Like 1

That was a ripper segment of training on Ch7 sports. No one was holding back from that footage. The Weid clunking one was a nice highlight.

• Like 1

I'm excited by the training news thus far. It would seem Preuss, the Kolo and Sparrow and Co have a lot to offer. Then there is the massive addition of May.

I'm also excited by the news about the once very thin Smith, the son of Sean, and very excited about the smoke signals from Jeffrey Garlett..

• Like 4

6 hours ago, In Harmes Way said:

Saty would have got a picture of the labrador for those who couldn't be there. Just saying.

I got it to flex for me. 

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

Nibbler just tweaked, just checked and strapped it, no issue

JKH just rolled his ankle

Both finished the session

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1