Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Satyriconhome

Training - Friday 23rd November, 2018

Recommended Posts

Apart from the weather, it was a really good solid session again, went for over hour and half 

Got a closer look at skills in wet, apart from some dropped ball because it was wet for first time, skills were good

Guy Walker the new B class rookie didn't look out of place, neat and tidy skills

Austin Bradtke looks ok as well, moves like a basketballer, skills ok, can kick

Joked with Steven May at the end about the weather, he looked frozen, even after all the work

Jayden Hunt is right on track to be ready fro Rd 1, he said, like others, no contact so just lap after lap of running until after Xmas

Jake Lever was out pounding around the fence, 9 and 1/2 K of running today

No Jones

Salem and JKH off around the tan again after 3/4 of session

3rd day in and quick ball movement drill on again

Any questions feel free, will post some pics on Insta and here later

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks.

Is Steven May fit ?

He is obviously a solid lump of a guy but photos make him look overweight. Solid muscle or chum? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Thanks.

Is Steven May fit ?

He is obviously a solid lump of a guy but photos make him look overweight. Solid muscle or chum? 

Nah, he is fit, getting through the sessions without any issues, still going in the running at the end

After the Gold Coast, may be just below the standard of MFC, KK found the going a bit tougher today as well, need a game at Casey in middle of July obviously 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Saty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Satyriconhome said:

Apart from the weather, it was a really good solid session again, went for over hour and half 

Got a closer look at skills in wet, apart from some dropped ball because it was wet for first time, skills were good

Guy Walker the new B class rookie didn't look out of place, neat and tidy skills

Austin Bradtke looks ok as well, moves like a basketballer, skills ok, can kick

Joked with Steven May at the end about the weather, he looked frozen, even after all the work

Jayden Hunt is right on track to be ready fro Rd 1, he said, like others, no contact so just lap after lap of running until after Xmas

Jake Lever was out pounding around the fence, 9 and 1/2 K of running today

No Jones

Salem and JKH off around the tan again after 3/4 of session

3rd day in and quick ball movement drill on again

Any questions feel free, will post some pics on Insta and here later

Thanks Saty. Better news re Hunt.

I'm interested to know if this preseason looks any different with the skills work. Is it normal for us to have these skills sessions so early in the PS? Or have we shifted focus from fitness work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, FireInTheBelly said:

Thanks Saty. Better news re Hunt.

I'm interested to know if this preseason looks any different with the skills work. Is it normal for us to have these skills sessions so early in the PS? Or have we shifted focus from fitness work?

No the penny has dropped, we have players returning in top nick, still doing the ks but footy out as well

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An example of mindset   Corey Maynard had operation on both hips last season, obviously put a lot of work in rehab was cruising alongside Petty and Spargo in running drills

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bumped this up whilst you are all feeling warm and fuzzy about the draft, donate to Lord Nev, link in 1st post   he is going to auction one of his jumpers, stay tuned

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saty as always many thanks from an interstater. 

Couple of questions. Does Fritsch look any bigger. Does Petracca look any thinner. What injury is Hunt rehabing from. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, It's Time said:

Saty as always many thanks from an interstater. 

Couple of questions. Does Fritsch look any bigger. Does Petracca look any thinner. What injury is Hunt rehabing from. Thanks. 

No Fritsch still looks like a stick, Petracca looks ripped, reckon he has been hiiting the weights, I asked the comedian and he said rehabbing from everything

1 hour ago, big_red_fire_engine said:

Saty, apologies if this has been covered in another thread but do you know which line group Hunt will be training with? 

They are all just training as a group, lines normally appear post Xmas when everybody has settled in

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, It's Time said:

Saty as always many thanks from an interstater. 

Couple of questions. Does Fritsch look any bigger. Does Petracca look any thinner. What injury is Hunt rehabing from. Thanks. 

Screenshot_2018-11-23 Melbourne Demons Pictures and Photos Getty Images.png

Screenshot_2018-11-23 Melbourne Demons Pictures and Photos Getty Images.pngScreenshot_2018-11-23 Melbourne Demons Pictures and Photos Getty Images(1).png

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke with Jayden Hunt’s dad last week and he told me that Jayden was buoyed by the fact that Goodwin told him in his Exit interview that he was a required player and they would not entertain any trade discussions about him. 

His Dad mentioned that Jayden is really targeting the Wing position as his best chance of breaking in. 

  • Like 27
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, goodwindees said:

I spoke with Jayden Hunt’s dad last week and he told me that Jayden was buoyed by the fact that Goodwin told him in his Exit interview that he was a required player and they would not entertain any trade discussions about him. 

His Dad mentioned that Jayden is really targeting the Wing position as his best chance of breaking in. 

Great stuff. Exactly the message a coach needs to give - assuming it is sincere.

The wing should be what he is aiming for. Perfect for him and there is a real opportunity as we lack outside speed. He needs to improve his kicking. That's a given - and no doubt he is working on it. But on the wing his average kicking would be less exposed as turnovers don't hurt quite as bad (but none the less are still costly).

If he could work on his penetration on the run, kick it low and hard not helicopter it he could be a weapon.

  • Like 4
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

 

How tall is Walker saty? Can he play key position?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, goodwindees said:

I spoke with Jayden Hunt’s dad last week and he told me that Jayden was buoyed by the fact that Goodwin told him in his Exit interview that he was a required player and they would not entertain any trade discussions about him. 

His Dad mentioned that Jayden is really targeting the Wing position as his best chance of breaking in. 

Best inside intel I've read in a while. Thanks goodwindees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

How tall is Walker saty? Can he play key position?

Hes 184cm tall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, binman said:

Great stuff. Exactly the message a coach needs to give - assuming it is sincere.

The wing should be what he is aiming for. Perfect for him and there is a real opportunity as we lack outside speed. He needs to improve his kicking. That's a given - and no doubt he is working on it. But on the wing his average kicking would be less exposed as turnovers don't hurt quite as bad (but none the less are still costly).

If he could work on his penetration on the run, kick it low and hard not helicopter it he could be a weapon.

At training when he goes on one of those runs he is being 'encouraged loudly' to lower the eyes, think during a game the youthful exuberance got to him and he bombed away, still young in both games and age

Had a good chat to him yesterday, disappointed in his year to forget last year, just working away getting the miles into the legs, as explained before Goodwin starts each season with a blank sheet, there are a couple of wing spots available so Hunty aiming for that

On that note there was a new young looking guy doing the fitness work, looked and built like a middle distance runner, exactly what he is, spent the session pacing Hunt around the laps, leaves Crossy to work on other things

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

At training when he goes on one of those runs he is being 'encouraged loudly' to lower the eyes, think during a game the youthful exuberance got to him and he bombed away, still young in both games and age

Had a good chat to him yesterday, disappointed in his year to forget last year, just working away getting the miles into the legs, as explained before Goodwin starts each season with a blank sheet, there are a couple of wing spots available so Hunty aiming for that

On that note there was a new young looking guy doing the fitness work, looked and built like a middle distance runner, exactly what he is, spent the session pacing Hunt around the laps, leaves Crossy to work on other things

When is everybody back? I want to go to a session on Friday when everyone is back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Demonland said:

Screenshot_2018-11-23 Melbourne Demons Pictures and Photos Getty Images.png

Screenshot_2018-11-23 Melbourne Demons Pictures and Photos Getty Images.pngScreenshot_2018-11-23 Melbourne Demons Pictures and Photos Getty Images(1).png

Thanks for the great pics. Trac is clearly looking more cut. No baby fat there anymore. Hope for his sake he's been able to lose a bit off his legs. But there looks like there's been real progress there. Fritsch looks like he has more muscle definition in his arms. Might end up being one of those rangy physiques that has plenty of strengh. Like a Michael Tuck. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    RED AND BLUEPRINT 2019 by Whispering Jack

    The rusty red of the McDonnell Ranges and the blue skies above them provided the perfect backdrop that summed up everything about the Melbourne Football Club’s 2019 season. It set out the perfect red and blueprint for the club’s horror year. The club’s previous season was one of great promise but it ended in a calamitous way in Perth with an 11 goal defeat at the hands of the ultimate premiership side, the West Coast Eagles in a game where the Demons’ first goal came early in the third quar

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    WINDY DAY FOOTY by KC from Casey

    Windy day footy has always been the domain of those who play the game hard: on days when the breeze gusts all over the place and the ground has been sodden by recent rains, the player needs to get all aspects of his game together and be hard of body and mind, to concentrate and attack the football. The Casey Demons came out on their own deck in such conditions and under a mainly sunny sky and gave it a crack for half a game but they lost sight of the fundamentals of playing hard in difficul

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    TRECIMATED by George on the Outer

    A little more than two months have passed since Melbourne met and came close to beating the reigning premier West Coast in the preliminary final replay over in the West. At the time, the Demons had three wins on the board and now, nine rounds later and going into this week’s match, they have managed to add a paltry two more wins to the ledger.  The Eagles, in contrast, have moved to within percentage of second spot on the ladder despite their loss at home this week against Collingwood. Whil

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    SAME STORY, DIFFERENT SONG by George on the Outer

    Melbourne was still suffering from the same old story - a lack of AFL capable players from which to choose at the selection table - and the Western Bulldogs got to sing their song again. But wait, that wasn’t the Doggie’s song we’ve been hearing for the last 30 years, it was some other concoction and no-one knew the words to it but whatever it was, they got to mumble it with gusto after a huge 8 point win! The sad thing is that the Bulldogs (or Footscray or whatever they choose to call

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    DOGGED by KC from Casey

    On Sunday, the Casey Demons met the Footscray VFL under the roof at the same venue where their nemesis took them down in the 2017 grand final and the result left them with the same feeling of disappointment - this time with a seven point defeat that ended the club’s four game winning streak and made things a lot harder in terms of playing in this year’s final series.   And, as has so often happened this year, the Demons let the game get away from them with but failing to take advantage of th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    BARKING MAD by The Oracle

    There was so much hype proliferating about Melbourne’s prospects for season 2019 a mere four months ago, that one could be forgiven for thinking anyone contemplating the prospect of a bottom four finish for the Demons at the time was barking mad. That however, is the prospect that they face at the moment and a loss to the Bulldogs on Sunday would make it a virtual certainty.  The club’s downward spiral after several years of moving steadily on an upward trajectory has been well documented i

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE MELBOURNE WAY by George on the Outer

    Much has been made by the coaching staff of playing a “Melbourne way” style of play. The nail-biting finish by the Demons in the dying minute of the game could not have been any more the case in point.   Leading by a game-high 38 points late in the third quarter, and by five goals at the final change, this should have been the catalyst for a romp home to an easy win.   But that is not the “Melbourne way” and the supporters, especially those with a severe case of MFCSS (aka intense inse

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    PINK AND BLUE CAN’T KICK TRUE by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons took on the Northern Blues at home on Saturday  in a game that was crucial in terms of their hopes for September and they took away the valuable four points on offer after some worrying moments. Most of those worries were self-inflicted as a result of some shocking inaccuracy in front of goal, sloppiness in play and a little bit of indiscipline that all combined to make the game a lot closer than it should have been. The final scoreboard showed the Demons winning the P

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    GO FIGURE by Sam the Stats Man

    In May last year, a rampant Melbourne side demolished Carlton by 109 points at the MCG. The Demons did as they pleased and ran rings against a young, abysmal Blues combination. The Dees led in virtually every key performance indicator, notably entering the inside 50 metre mark 63 times to 33 and the superiority of their attack was highlighted by a 74% shooting accuracy rate (to 47%).  A little more than a year later the two sides face each other for the first time since that rout and the ta

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 1

    GORN AT THE GABBA by George on The Outer

    With Melbourne leading the Brisbane Lions in the second term, and the game in the balance, a Max Gawn ankle injury signalled that the Demons were as good as gorrnnn for the match. Without a suitable 2nd ruck and (once again) forced to use either Tom McDonald, Tim Smith or Sam Weidemann in the ruck the Demons found themselves without a forward line that could kick a winning score. Not that anything really changed, as the forward line has been completely dysfunctional all season and one

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    GAMBIT by KC from Casey

    The opening gambit of Saturday afternoon’s game told us everything about who would be its main players and who would come out on top. The Casey Demons were eager to turn the tables on the Box Hill Hawks who beat them in last year’s grand final and then gave them a first up mauling at City Oval, Box Hill. Kicking with the aid of a strong breeze in the opening term, Braydon Preuss’ first hit out went straight to the diminutive Jay Kennedy Harris who pounced with a 70 metre shot at goal that sailed

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    MURDER BY NUMBERS by Sam the Stats Man

    The respective ladder positions of this week’s combatants tell the story of one side on the rise and the other in steep decline. Since their most recent meeting which took place early last year, the Dees and the Lions have changed positions. They are opposed to each again on the former’s home turf with the locals in fine fettle after blowing St Kilda off the park at Marvel Stadium.  The Lions’ home ground advantage has been a major consideration so far this year. They have won five out of s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

×
×
  • Create New...