• Podcast: Trade Week   

• Podcast: Trade Week   

Farewell Jesse Hogan

4 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

Red, the issue is that if we play too hardball on Hogan, we could end up missing out on any gun kid in this year's draft, as well as missing out on May, and our list is in no different shape than what it was two weeks ago.

But you don't get the gun kid at 5 if you haven't got the pick.

What I was saying is that obviously it is better to get more than less. Some on here are absolutely happy to fold and accept less.

Of course it is a balance and I have faith in the FD to get a good deal, but surely we would prefer the best possible deal, rather than a quick one.

• Like 2
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

he's been gone for days, but it's common knowledge in the playing group now. nothing less than two picks (one for May). also St Kilda offered Kent THREE TIMES $$ and years what we did. idiots.

thanks mate , I can tell you that Miss 11 and 13 was more upset , than my 7 year old , I guess as we also sponsored Jesse we had met with him many times personally and so on, It was hard for the kids

There is a miss conception by some on Demonland.  The preferred position by our FD is and has always been for JH to stay. Let me make this point with absolute and clear authority. I have been told dir

Posted Images

1 hour ago, deeboy said:

It's posts like these that expose the soft underbelly of some supporters. 

Or it's posts like these who expose Cro Magnon supporters who are all club and no brain.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Demons11 said:

I can see the trade now:

Beams to Collingwood for pick 18

Neale to Brisbane for pick 5 and 18

Hogan to Freo for pick 5 and 18

May and KK to Dees for pick 5 

There's no way that either of the two QLD clubs do that but man would I love that

The new Commodore is made by Opel and looks like a classy Euro car, basically because it is. Was going to get an Audi but the new model looks and offers more.

So don't talk down to Commodores. 😜

5 minutes ago, Axis of Bob said:

It depends if you waste so much time getting a Porsche that you lose the opportunity to buy a better house.

Or you end up spending a year living in your Porsche.

So ignoring the analogies, are you saying you would be happy to get pick 5 and give it to GC for May and that is the end of the deal.

May for Hogan.

I would be very upset.

5 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

I can see the trade now:

Beams to Collingwood for pick 18

Neale to Brisbane for pick 5 and 18

Hogan to Freo for pick 5 and 18

May and KK to Dees for pick 5 

You think Neale is worth Beams and pick 5?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Didn’t Beams declare his love for Brisbane during their BnF? He told them he’s staying and that he loves “youse all” about a dozen times: 

Had his fingers crossed behind his back.

I would say it's the missus that wants to go home.

Beams would have to take an enourmous pay cut to play with the filth. They couldn't afford his current wage and Brissy can dig their heels right in.

4 minutes ago, Redleg said:

You think Neale is worth Beams and pick 5?

No I don’t but I think they are looking for a circuit breaker, that’s why they have opted to help facilitate a trade for Beams. 

You’re right though Brisbane will probably ask for something in return from Freo.

Unless we get 2 picks under 10 or equivalent I would rather keep Hogan. Some of the pragmatic options in this thread are under by a long way for a Key position forward entering his prime. 

We need to have a plan b to get May.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, grazman said:

With Dayne Beams now wanting to go back to the Pies I smell a complicated four way trade involving him Hogan, Neale, Tom Langdon and picks involved.

could be as many as seven teams involved...

brisbane - neale in for beams plus picks movement
collingwood - beams in for langdon plus picks movement
fremantle - hogan in for may plus picks movement
gc17 - may out plus picks movement
melbourne - hogan out for may (and kk?) plus picks movement
st. kilda - hannebery in plus picks movement
sydney - langdon in for hannebery plus picks movement

11 minutes ago, Redleg said:

So ignoring the analogies, are you saying you would be happy to get pick 5 and give it to GC for May and that is the end of the deal.

May for Hogan.

I would be very upset.

No, you're now saying that instead of a Porsche I would get a Malvern Star.

I would want more than just pick 5, and we'll get more. It's the amount not that we differ on.

You originally wanted 3 low picks or no deal. I thought we'd get a low first rounder plus a later first rounder/equivalent player.

The main thing you are missing in these negotiations is opportunity cost. Are you willing to spend it on upgrading the second pick we get for Hogan, or are you willing to spend it on potential deals that may happen later in the trade period?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, A F said:

The new Commodore is made by Opel and looks like a classy Euro car, basically because it is. Was going to get an Audi but the new model looks and offers more.

So don't talk down to Commodores. 😜

Not made by GM any more so there is a chance that they are OK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Tinks said:

There's no way that either of the two QLD clubs do that but man would I love that

Yeah Bris would require something else from the Pies. Maybe a player like Josh Thomas who is a Qlder.

But GC could go for May/KK for pick 5. They told KK to look at his options and I get the sense they have no real love for May anymore with the way he's dragged this out. Maybe 5 and a third rounder would ensure it gets done.

If Beams wants to reneg on his club and reneg on his emotional bnf committment to his teammates, he should do the right thing and accept a trade to a Melb club not insist on Collingwood.

There are 10 clubs here.  Wants to come home.  OK, go where he and his club get a decent deal rather than one (Coll) which has little trade currency and could stuff the Lions.  Lions should play hard ball and say 'we will trade you but to a club that gives us the best deal' as GCS have done with May.

To do otherwise is very shallow and casts serious doubts on his claim to trade to come back for personal/family reasons. 

• Like 3

• Demonland changed the title to Farewell Jesse Hogan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.